SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA on Harley Davidson Exhaust

HD883

Hi bro, yes there are Remus Custom LTA-Approve pipe available at the Harley-Davidson Dealership.

Okay now the important question is, now that the Blackline is stopping production, can I still get one at the start of 2014?

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay now the important question is, now that the Blackline is stopping production, can I still get one at the start of 2014?

currently we do not know what are the bikes that are coming out in 2014 model. i'm sorry but i cant give you a definate ans

Aiya...live with it.....wanna be a rebel in singapore have to be prepared to pay the px.....thats why i sold my rdking....no pt.voting hammer as well a legislation is still the same after a change in goverance......only way i see is physically change country...if cannot suck thumb and risk....or conform.....thats our country and will forever be that way...so try and change ur environment...else change yourself.

I . L . T . N . N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So what is our beloved HD Dealership doing? They should have been working with the relevant agency to get our pipes LTA Approved long ago.

IF a sports bike rider could enjoy LTA approved exhaust why not us? With so many Harley bikers involvement in Charity rides and government link events, there are no leniency shown to us? It makes me wonder......

HD Dealer does not even reply to emails :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I am going to install a LTA approved Exhaust pipe for Harley Dyna, my choices are very limited to 3: i.e.

1) Remus custom exhaust,

2) Akrapovich

3) Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde

who are the riders using these pipes and let us know how is the sound and the performance for each exhaust I listed.??.

Thank you so much.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all. I contacted LTA recently on aftermarket exhausts eligibility. It is possible to use aftermarket exhausts. Here is their reply. If you can take the bullshit:

We refer to your email of 15 November 2013.

We would like to inform you that LTA allows the replacement of after-market vehicle parts, including exhaust system, as long as it does not adversely affect the safe operation and/or exhaust emissions characteristics of the vehicle, or compromise the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users. The after-market exhaust system should be specifically designed for that particular vehicle make and model and tested (e.g. vehicular emission and noise) according to international recognised standards.

Please submit the following documents (in English) for our evaluation of the proposed after-market exhaust system:

a) An application letter requesting for the installation of an after-market exhaust system/silencer (with the type, make/model of the replacement system/silencer and your vehicle registration number);

b) Conformity certificate (e.g. EEC, JMCA or etc) to show that the replacement exhaust system/silencer is suitable to be installed for that particular vehicle make and model and would not adversely affect the safe operation and exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle;

c) Exhaust System Catalogue/Technical specification and installation details (including pictures/drawings) of the after-market exhaust system/silencer;

d) Evidence, such as certifications and test reports from the product manufacturer or LTA/NEA recognised test laboratories or independent test laboratories (e.g. TUV, DEKRA, VCA, JVIA etc ) to show that the after-market exhaust system had been manufactured and tested (e.g. vehicular emission and noise) according to international recognised standards; and

e) Purchase invoice of the after-market exhaust system/silencer from the product manufacturer.

You can forward these documents to the Vehicle Engineering Division of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701.

Upon evaluation and if we are satisfied that your documents are in order and have shown to comply with our requirements, we would grant you an in-principle approval to submit for a change of exhaust system via our Vehicle Inspection & Type Approval System (VITAS). The application form can be obtained from our customer service counter at the Vehicle Engineering Division or downloaded from the Vehicle Inspection & Type Approval System (VITAS) website at https://vitas.lta.gov.sg. Please note that a fee of $60 (excluding GST) is payable at application.

Thereafter, you would be required to produce the vehicle fitted with the replacement exhaust system at any one of the nine LTA-authorised Vehicle Inspection Centres (i.e. STAI, JIC or VICOM) located islandwide for an inspection. Please note that the inspection centre will charge an inspection fee for carrying out such a service. For more information on the inspection fee, you are advised to contact the inspection centres directly. You may access to the address and contact details of the vehicle inspection centres from the following URL:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/inspection/vehicle_inspection.html

Please note that final approval would only be granted subject to your vehicle passing the mechanical inspection.

We hope the above clarifies. Should you require further clarification, please contact us at 1800 2255 582.

We thank you for writing in.

Hi all. I contacted LTA recently on aftermarket exhausts eligibility. It is possible to use aftermarket exhausts. Here is their reply. If you can take the bullshit:

We would like to inform you that LTA allows the replacement of after-market vehicle parts, including exhaust system, as long as it does not adversely affect the safe operation and/or exhaust emissions characteristics of the vehicle, or compromise the safety of vehicle occupants and other road users. The after-market exhaust system should be specifically designed for that particular vehicle make and model and tested (e.g. vehicular emission and noise) according to international recognised standards.

Please submit the following documents (in English) for our evaluation of the proposed after-market exhaust system:

a) An application letter requesting for the installation of an after-market exhaust system/silencer (with the type, make/model of the replacement system/silencer and your vehicle registration number);

b) Conformity certificate (e.g. EEC, JMCA or etc) to show that the replacement exhaust system/silencer is suitable to be installed for that particular vehicle make and model and would not adversely affect the safe operation and exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle;

c) Exhaust System Catalogue/Technical specification and installation details (including pictures/drawings) of the after-market exhaust system/silencer;

d) Evidence, such as certifications and test reports from the product manufacturer or LTA/NEA recognised test laboratories or independent test laboratories (e.g. TUV, DEKRA, VCA, JVIA etc ) to show that the after-market exhaust system had been manufactured and tested (e.g. vehicular emission and noise) according to international recognised standards; and

e) Purchase invoice of the after-market exhaust system/silencer from the product manufacturer.

You can forward these documents to the Vehicle Engineering Division of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701.

Upon evaluation and if we are satisfied that your documents are in order and have shown to comply with our requirements, we would grant you an in-principle approval to submit for a change of exhaust system via our Vehicle Inspection & Type Approval System (VITAS). The application form can be obtained from our customer service counter at the Vehicle Engineering Division or downloaded from the Vehicle Inspection & Type Approval System (VITAS) website at https://vitas.lta.gov.sg. Please note that a fee of $60 (excluding GST) is payable at application.

Thereafter, you would be required to produce the vehicle fitted with the replacement exhaust system at any one of the nine LTA-authorised Vehicle Inspection Centres (i.e. STAI, JIC or VICOM) located islandwide for an inspection. Please note that the inspection centre will charge an inspection fee for carrying out such a service. For more information on the inspection fee, you are advised to contact the inspection centres directly. You may access to the address and contact details of the vehicle inspection centres from the following URL:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/inspection/vehicle_inspection.html

Please note that final approval would only be granted subject to your vehicle passing the mechanical inspection.

We hope the above clarifies. Should you require further clarification, please contact us at 1800 2255 582.

• 2 weeks later...

There aren't any loud exhaust that are legal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owned n riden/driven,

Yamaha FZ150, Honda Steed 400, Toyota Starlet, Kawa ZXR400, Honda XR400, Vespa PX150, Honda XRV750, Suzuki GSX750, Honda GL1500, Vespa PX200, Suzuki Minivan, Mazda 323, Daihatsu YRV Turbo, Toyota AE101, Yamaha FJR1300, SYM GTS 200, Volvo S60, BMW R1100RT

Current: Harley Davidson Street Glide :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

So I went down to Ace Custom to look around, see how they work, what parts they carry, what tools they use etc and I saw a section cut out display of a Jekill and Hyde muffler... Straight through design!!!!

There's a motor controlled valve inside the muffler that can be closed by the rider and make it quiet.

Haven't had the luck to hear one yet but it must be loud.

TUV & LTA approved.

Live to Ride. Ride to Live

• 2 weeks later...
So I went down to Ace Custom to look around, see how they work, what parts they carry, what tools they use etc and I saw a section cut out display of a Jekill and Hyde muffler... Straight through design!!!!

There's a motor controlled valve inside the muffler that can be closed by the rider and make it quiet.

TUV & LTA approved.

Those pipes are awesome! witnessed them myself. I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. That HD was going from chug-chug-chug to KABABOM-KABABOM-KABABOM!

Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

Why the eff do they need the purchase invoice when asking for approval? so that we buy it first and then they can reject it and laugh at our face?

Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

TUV & LTA approved.

Is Ace Custom the agent/distributor for Jekyll & hyde mufflers??

Is Ace Custom the agent/distributor for Jekyll & hyde mufflers??

Yup, Ace Custom is the current distributor for Jekill and Hyde!

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

• 3 months later...

Hello Harley Bros,

Can anyone advise on the Jekill and Hyde exhaust...I personally think the LTA people are not so dump when they see a butterfly valve in the exhaust. How is the inspection done? What happen when u are riding the loud exhuast and stop by the LTA...?

Last I checked, J&H exhausts were legal, but yeah, you cant ride it with the baffles open.

Hello Harley Bros,

Can anyone advise on the Jekill and Hyde exhaust...I personally think the LTA people are not so dump when they see a butterfly valve in the exhaust. How is the inspection done? What happen when u are riding the loud exhuast and stop by the LTA...?