SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA on Harley Davidson Exhaust

HD883

Just to share with u guys...

My friend rode his wide glide for annual inspection. His pipe is a 49 states but without mufflers. Failed, of cos.

Inspector asked him to fit mufflers and come again. He went to Tony and fit mufflers in less then 15mins. He went back to the same inspector, the latter just look at his pipe without starting engine and passed the inspection. He went back to Tony and returned the mufflers. Now, he is riding happily ever after. At least for the moment.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was caught for illegal pipes and went back for inspection with the stock pipes...they also didnt start my bike to check...just looked at it and it passed ..

Did they took pictures of yr pipes when they caught it? Does yr illegal pipes look the same as yr stock pipes? Thanks

Sportster 48

i was caught for illegal pipes and went back for inspection with the stock pipes...they also didnt start my bike to check...just looked at it and it passed ..

so did you get 500bucks fine then?

Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

if they did take photo of your pipes and you changed.. most likely the fine would be coming..

• 5 weeks later...

The issue with LTA is they are draging their feet to approve after market pipes. Have known Mark and Daman had send pipes for approval, till date only pipes for harley tourer is approve.

Please note even your pipes mets the emittion and DB the pipes is still not approve

• 2 weeks later...

no that's not true. stock is around 80db. 20db is a very huge difference when measured. I don't understand y people keep on saying it will be the same. any suggestions?

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

it cannot be the same, the yoshi on my kap is 96db as stated on the certificate. Mind you, 96db is very loud when accelerate or ramping. So I agreed with Jamez, it cannot be sound alike as compare to stock.

no that's not true. stock is around 80db. 20db is a very huge difference when measured. I don't understand y people keep on saying it will be the same. any suggestions?

just to add on, the db is measured at a certain rpm, not idling rpm..

can't remember is it 3k rpm or 5k rpm..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

just to add on, the db is measured at a certain rpm, not idling rpm..

can't remember is it 3k rpm or 5k rpm..

I think it's 3k. It's reasonable because that is about the riding range also.

just to add on: approved aftermarket mufflers, although restrictive, are not AS restrictive as your stock mufflers. The tone will never be the same. The volume will increase in some RPM ranges, but it will not be noticeable for certain RPM ranges. It is absolutely not the same as the stock ones.

It is however, another thing altogether if you think certified exhausts are not loud enough for you. To each his own. Some people like straight through loud and it's the only sound they will live with. There are some people like me, who don't need straight through loud, it's not energy efficient anyway. But I do like some sound coming out of the mufflers over stock.

Edited by jamez
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

I think it's 3k. It's reasonable because that is about the riding range also.

just to add on: approved aftermarket mufflers, although restrictive, are not AS restrictive as your stock mufflers. The tone will never be the same. The volume will increase in some RPM ranges, but it will not be noticeable for certain RPM ranges. It is absolutely not the same as the stock ones.

It is however, another thing altogether if you think certified exhausts are not loud enough for you. To each his own. Some people like straight through loud and it's the only sound they will live with. There are some people like me, who don't need straight through loud, it's not energy efficient anyway. But I do like some sound coming out of the mufflers over stock.

agreed. AM exhaust makes the throttle feels smoother especially in the low range..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

I just put back the silencer in my delta exhaust on drz. It just blocks out all the power. Can't even bear thinking about how restrictive the stock exhaust feels like to ride. Must be dreadful.

Ride safe people!!

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got an inspection letter in the post for a bike you have not ridden for a while? Got a registered letter to inspect my harley which I have not ridden for well over 2 months, covered in MCP.

Would like to discuss some details with you if you don't mind. Please PM me

Could any kind souls please provide info on where and how much it costs

to fit the AK pipes on the Harley Tourers.

Do we have to get them from the approved merchants only or

could we just go get the same exact items online and go to our

trusted mechanics to fit them.

Thank you.

Could any kind souls please provide info on where and how much it costs

to fit the AK pipes on the Harley Tourers.

Do we have to get them from the approved merchants only or

could we just go get the same exact items online and go to our

trusted mechanics to fit them.

Thank you.

There is Akrapovic for Tourers 2006-2012 excluding CVO models. I heard the mufflers cost $2800/- or so now. It is better to get from approved dealers because you need the TUV cert that comes with the pipe. You could get in online with the TUV cert but I don;t know if that would be actually cost effective as compared to getting it from the dealer.

I know this is not the first time someone has asked this question, but if a bike has an aftermarket exhaust system that passes an LTA emissions and decibel test..... Then what else do they have to check before they make it LTA approved?!?

They need a recognized TUV cert that comes with the pipes. No cert no approve. If you can get some aftermarket exhaust that comes with a TUV cert which would state that the particular pipe is made for your particular make of your bike, you can actually submit the papers (TUV cert, receipt, letter by yourselve to request for inspection or something else, check with LTA) to LTA...once approved you can fix on your bike and go for inspection, where inspection centre will endorse on the TUV cert. Doesn't matter what brand the pipe is. TUV cert = king.

Thanks jamez for the explaination of the LTA certification process. I understand the process but don't agree with the rationale (of cos who says garmen do thing must make sense right... Zheng hu say left u no go right, right?)

I do agree that modifications should be regulated as everyone agrees that what is too loud to others may be just pass in terms of satisfaction.

But i don't see why there's all this unnecessary focus on certification and paperwork...

If i can make a part fit or fabricate something to customise/personalise my bike

and it passes standards that they (LTA) have set eg. Emission & sound levels then who gives a s*** if the part was meant for my bike?!?

Do they ask me for a cert to prove that when my tires are worn i used one that is MEANT for my bike?

What abt my brake pads, shocks etc? Don't these affect the safety of my bike and thereby the safety of other road users?

What is the prob with a LED signal indicator that is smaller than stock but more visible, energy efficient and perhaps safer?!? If they are worried that my wiring circuit cant handle it then set the standard & tell me what i need to change...

This friggin stupid idea of i say you just do is ridiculous... On the one hand they say S'pore must be creative, think out of the box, be entrepreneur... On the other hand they tell you do not touch your own things... You may spoil it.... I dunno what you will spoil or what the dangers could be.... But there are a lot of dangers and bad things can happen... All don't touch... If i dunno what can spoil, you also dunno... So you kwai kwai listen.... Or pay money.

Imagine if all countries were like that... No kurakyn, RSD, Arlen Ness, Yoshimura, Akra... Watever...

We all be cavemen running around like fred flintstone...

Ok sorry for my crazy ranting

Ok my craziness is going wild...

Maybe we should go on a rally ride... Not jus harely riders but anyone who feels the same about this modification regulation-strangulation.....

We document reasonable proposal and aks them to engage in dialogue... New PAP like dialogue right?!?

Maybe like viper and the others guess is right they just say no to everything cos they don't have enough info or capability to test... And they just wanna cover their arses in case things go wrong.

Surely working with the biking community is better than treating us all like irresponsible kids who just want to enjoy ourselves and be a nuisance and menace to everyone else.