Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a quote for 07 fazer 600 for 14k inclusive of IU and 6 months road tax and registration. dunno whether it's worth it or not, they charge 4% per annum. heard it's underseat exhaust and the bike will be available only in late feb. :smile: :smile:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Link to post
Share on other sites

heard tis from a friend, some-one in camp bought a 07 FZ6 (with head crowl) ar 13k (OTR).

never ask much abt e details, but i'm still waiting for e price for e ABS version.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

 

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

 

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by LollyPoP@January 15, 2007 06:29 pm

heard tis from a friend, some-one in camp bought a 07 FZ6 (with head crowl) ar 13k (OTR).

never ask much abt e details, but i'm still waiting for e price for e ABS version.

wow, which shop did he buy it from? possible to share? thanks a lot!!

 

oh u play maple story too? :cheeky: :cheeky:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Link to post
Share on other sites

heard say he got it at ASP, actual price is 13.8k

have a look @ yammie webby & u'll see e ABS version.

 

i haven't been playing MS since last Oct.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

 

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

 

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by LollyPoP@January 16, 2007 06:12 pm

heard say he got it at ASP, actual price is 13.8k

have a look @ yammie webby & u'll see e ABS version.

 

i haven't been playing MS since last Oct.

sorry for my ignorance,but wats ABS version?how izit different from the normal fz600?

Link to post
Share on other sites

ABS = Antilock Braking System (sometimes Antiskid Braking System) Electromechanical system used in vehicles and aircraft to avoid wheel locking during braking.

 

based on specs: 07 comes with 4-pot caliper, older comes with 2-pot.

correct mi if i'm wrong.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

 

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

 

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by LollyPoP@January 16, 2007 11:50 pm

ABS = Antilock Braking System (sometimes Antiskid Braking System) Electromechanical system used in vehicles and aircraft to avoid wheel locking during braking.

 

based on specs: 07 comes with 4-pot caliper, older comes with 2-pot.

correct mi if i'm wrong.

thx for the info.:cheer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by LollyPoP@January 16, 2007 06:12 pm

heard say he got it at ASP, actual price is 13.8k

have a look @ yammie webby & u'll see e ABS version.

 

i haven't been playing MS since last Oct.

wah i got my quote from ASP too!! tt guy must be trying to pull a fast one on me. told me 14.8k on the road for me with alliance insurance. :giddy: :giddy:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly what's a head crowl? And is there anywhere that i can see the display model of the FZ6 '07... i only see FZ1 '07 in New Southern Motor...

 

What i'm offered is currently below 14K OTR for FZ6... and for FZ1 is below 18K... cause i'm currently 22... so insurance will be abit high... interest rate there is 4%...

Link to post
Share on other sites

fallenangel:

do a search & u'll find wat u need.

after 07 is launch, e prices of 06 drops... (i mean new bikes).

so u gotta double cfm is a 07 FZ6 tat is below 14k, cos there's not much physical diff expect for e colours between them.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

 

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

 

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by LollyPoP@January 17, 2007 08:43 pm

fallenangel:

do a search & u'll find wat u need.

after 07 is launch, e prices of 06 drops... (i mean new bikes).

so u gotta double cfm is a 07 FZ6 tat is below 14k, cos there's not much physical diff expect for e colours between them.

from what i gathered from a few shops, 07 FZ6 will not reach singapore shores so soon, fastest also end FEB so what u are offered now is probably 06 FZ6. do check properly. :smile: :smile:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ozzarhomb+January 18, 2007 02:39 am-->
QUOTE (ozzarhomb @ January 18, 2007 02:39 am)
from what i gathered from a few shops, 07 FZ6 will not reach singapore shores so soon, fastest also end FEB so what u are offered now is probably 06 FZ6. do check properly. :smile: :smile: [/b]

Originally posted by [email protected] 18, 2007 02:39 am

from what i gathered from a few shops, 07 FZ6 will not reach singapore shores so soon, fastest also end FEB so what u are offered now is probably 06 FZ6. do check properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by redders@January 17, 2007 03:21 pm

can someone upload us some pic on this newmachine??

is there any crical changes than the previous model??

tere is a topic for it. just do a search on fazer6 2007 on these forum and u will find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by FallenAngel@January 14, 2007 09:39 pm

Planning of getting a first hand fazer 600 '07... but hope to get more feedback... Is the power enough in singapore road... don't like the pipe and tail of FZ1 '07... Any fazer owner please advise... :confused:

check the price first if it with in your barget. the fork is the same but front brake is a better one wif 4pin brake as compare with the current 2pin brake. "SAI tao" IMO i don't like it as i still prefer the current one big,robust and good wind protection when doing touring. The new swingarm look better then the current one but if yamaha put in the 2006 R6 swingarm would be the best. engine still unchange as it has no major problem with it since 2004. most importently the TPS problem is finally resolved. :goodluck:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by fazermurpies@January 18, 2007 09:36 am

check the price first if it with in your barget. the fork is the same but front brake is a better one wif 4pin brake as compare with the current 2pin brake. "SAI tao" IMO i don't like it as i still prefer the current one big,robust and good wind protection when doing touring. The new swingarm look better then the current one but if yamaha put in the 2006 R6 swingarm would be the best. engine still unchange as it has no major problem with it since 2004. most importently the TPS problem is finally resolved. :goodluck:

is the TPS problem something big? does it means for us we should avoid buying 06 model of FZ6S?

 

since u're a fazer rider i might as well ask my questions that's i'm interested to find out.

is fazer6 performance significantly better than CB400? as in can we feel a marked difference between the performance of the 2?

can fazer6 handle touring well? i'm thinking of riding up north to visit places like cameroon, genting, penang, etc etc

a shop had told me to avoid buying FZ6 because of it's high depreciation. how true it tt? i've saw a 06 FZ6 selling for 11k machine, meaning a depreciation of 3k over 1 yr? :giddy: :giddy:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the fazer 600 is which year model? But i'm surely offered 18K for Fazer 1000 '07... I'm quite tempted by that offer...

 

Hmm... but i'm still turn off by the annual insurance... it's about 500 bucks more compared to the 600...

 

Anyone got any other offers from any shop for both FZ6 and FZ1 '07??? Scouting for the best offer available...

 

Hopefully it will be a shop where the pricing is flexible... cos me and my friends (total at least 3 guys) buying together at one shop... so we are hoping to get a lower price... :goodluck:

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, fazermurpies,

care to share yr insurance $$?

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

 

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

 

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to ride fz6 as well, my insurance for is 600 plus for second party (third party fire n theft) and i'm 27 when i bght the bike.

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ozzarhomb@January 18, 2007 12:39 pm

is the TPS problem something big? does it means for us we should avoid buying 06 model of FZ6S?

 

since u're a fazer rider i might as well ask my questions that's i'm interested to find out.

is fazer6 performance significantly better than CB400? as in can we feel a marked difference between the performance of the 2?

can fazer6 handle touring well? i'm thinking of riding up north to visit places like cameroon, genting, penang, etc etc

a shop had told me to avoid buying FZ6 because of it's high depreciation. how true it tt? i've saw a 06 FZ6 selling for 11k machine, meaning a depreciation of 3k over 1 yr? :giddy: :giddy:

TPS is actually the throttle positioning system. most of the earlier batch from 03 to 04 had the problem, a few from 05 also got it. but once fixed it's ok. the newer batches shdnt have this problem.

 

Performance wise if compared to S4, definitely an increase in power though nt as fast as a R6. fz6's low to mid range nt as fast, the engine will only reali kick into speed above 7 to 8k rpm (that is if i rem correctly cos hvnt ridden since i sold it). The top range performance is very strong.

 

The bike can handle touring to neighbouring countries without much problem unless u intend to go super off road. some feel that fz1 is better as engine can take more strain at higher constant speed. but overall, fz6 can go touring.

 

The high depreciation is partly due to the fact that all the bike shops are clearing their 06 fz6 stock, so those older bikes depreciate alot mre this year. imagine a new fz6s cost 14k plus otr nw when it cost 15k plus to 16kplus otr then. a straight depreciation of 1k on top of normal depreciation for the older fz6.

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by FallenAngel@January 18, 2007 06:53 pm

Not sure about the fazer 600 is which year model? But i'm surely offered 18K for Fazer 1000 '07... I'm quite tempted by that offer...

 

Hmm... but i'm still turn off by the annual insurance... it's about 500 bucks more compared to the 600...

 

Anyone got any other offers from any shop for both FZ6 and FZ1 '07??? Scouting for the best offer available...

 

Hopefully it will be a shop where the pricing is flexible... cos me and my friends (total at least 3 guys) buying together at one shop... so we are hoping to get a lower price... :goodluck:

bro, rem to do your maths properly if you intend to get fz1, road tax also very high. first year you wont see it cos it's included in the bike price, u'll only see it 2nd year onwards. :cheeky:

Sep 2001 - Jan 2003 WR200

Jan 2003 - Feb 2005 S4 spec 1

Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 FZ6

Apr 2006 - May 2006 Vios & FZ6

May2006 - Jan 2007 Vios

Jan 2007 - ???????? Vios & S4 spec 1

 

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p167/senate747/CIMG6396.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...