SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Samsung galaxy NOTE.

WaRRioR83

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody awesome phone! Rooted it and stuff.

Sadly, it got stolen 2mths+ after I got it... :(

Anyone looking around handphone shops saw any white SGS note with a grey battery cover? :(

nelo said:
sometimes facebook is like a fridge. you open it once every little while hoping something new will appear only to realise nothing changed.

Aprilia RX125 

Yamaha X1R

Kymco Downtown 200

KTM Duke 200

Gilera Runner ST200

Suzuki DRZ400SM

Honda CB400X

Kawasaki Ninja 400

Suzuki DRZ400SM
Suzuki Vstrom 1000 

• 2 weeks later...
heard the battery life sux..?

If you are on 4.0.3 then the STOCK KERNEL sucks. If you want better battery life, stick to 2.3.6 (Gingerbread)

BTW, battery and performance is determine by the kernel used.

Considering Note vs S3. Like note's big screen but S3 got quad processor. Which is a better buy? If only Samsung comes up with a quad processor Note..

If you are looking for a phone (only) then get the S3. If you want to have a Tablet + Phone then get the Note.

You'll never know what will come out next. Might be a quad Note 2.

For optimal battery performance, use Easy Battery Saver. A few modes to select from for user's preference. Now my fone can last me for 1.5 days. :)

The only possible way to "save" some juice is to root your device, flash a custom ROM + a reputable Kernel with some tweaks on the kernel. 3rd party apps does (sometimes).

Anyone who uses their Note as a GPS navigator? Which app do you use? How is it as compared to standalone GPS devices?

Google Navigation

You searched in the app market in your note liao for the GPS navigator? I think for those free ones, may not have so much functions but of cos u can download and try them out, if not happy with them, uninstall them.

Stock GPS signal is lock at asia.pool.ntp.org. If you want faster "lock" and more accurate location, then you have to root your device and set the NTP to sg.pool.ntp.org.

Actually I find Google Maps is good enough. Turn by turn navigation not very useful unless driving.

Google Navigation is by far the best. Maps. 6.9.0 onward offers offline mode.

Don't have a Note yet. =) But if I can get some good review for GPS navigation on a Note, then will definitely get one. Still choosing between S3, Note and IPhone.

Phone is a Phone. GPS is a GPS. If you want a good phone as a GPS then you can forget about all the phone listed. Just get a GPS.

heard the battery life sux..?

For moderate use, it can last through the day. Otherwise, just get a spare battery like I did. With heavy usage, with a spare battery, no problem... :smile:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Anyone who uses their Note as a GPS navigator? Which app do you use? How is it as compared to standalone GPS devices?

Sygic GPS Navigation.

It is good. Maps can be downloaded from their server once you paid for the app.

Worldwide maps available at a click of a button. :)

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)