SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

Dear NC700X owners,

There are always a concern that the bike is insufficeint of power, especially when the power is needed to overtake a truck on up sloop....what say you?

Its all about how you manage your gears & clutch bro...i myself overtaken by msian kapchais so many time at hiway...and im riding my blackbird...:p

Its all about how you manage your gears & clutch bro...i myself overtaken by msian kapchais so many time at hiway...and im riding my blackbird...:p

So if comparing your Blackbird vs NC700x...in term of torque n power, what is your comment? from data NC700X has much less torque alomost to a 400cc bike...

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

i've never failed to overtake anyone (if they are driving normally):thumb: and yea blitx it was me at the coffeeshop haha, went to asp wanted to do servicing but close, went to m-tech also haven open :faint: so is the junior 55 here alrdy? bitx this is yrs ya? seem like ur left with only the hugger to go haha... got 12v socket all alrdy, btw wads the switch on the right of ur handle bar?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/1CBE964F-D80F-4F6F-AE59-15306583B8C6-2151-00000216CC8323D6.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/740B53CF-AE1B-4BB9-8120-9B5ECB0A1A65-2151-00000216DD239D73.jpg

Edited by kmjoe

So if comparing your Blackbird vs NC700x...in term of torque n power, what is your comment? from data NC700X has much less torque alomost to a 400cc bike...

i used to ride a s4, somehow i feel nc has more torque but less speed... nc cannot compare with blackbird, its like nissan gtr vs honda fit... one thing that u need to bare in mind is that this bike is made for everyday practical riding, therefore the power is made to be sufficient, not overpowered, no one rides 180kmph in sg road all the time... economy, cheap & practical, with the storage space and excellent control & better than 2a or even some 2b's fuel economy ... thats what the nc7 is all about

now.. that is exaggeration. lol. I had a blackbird too. that cannot be. hahaha

but what you say is true, it's all in the clutch, and i suppose in the case of DCT mode, it will be the sports mode, button shifting?

I think the cocern of overtaking on slope came from the overseas NC forums, n in places like aussie and U.S, those trucks are going at 120++km/h. and they are very long..... So, I believe for them, it might be an issue. For us in Singapore, and NSH? I don't think so. I've overtaken buses and trucks on NSH on my silverwing, and if that can work, i'm sure it's good for the NC.

just to check with guys out there already on the ncx....the small screen wide enough to paste the number plate?

from the front seems theres no other place to paste the plate number except on the screen, but abit smallish i see.

yes it is... the number plate was on the screen when i 1st bought it

stock screen already can cover the chest? that's not too bad. I wonder if the wunderlich clip on wind deflector will be enough to move air above the helmet...?

btw, any opinions of vibration? or, any particular rpm range that will have more vibrations?

Lastly, at running in, what rpm and what's max speed with the limitation?

vibration mostly come in after 4krpm, keep ur rmp below 4 before up shifting if u do so it sld be ard 9x-100 on the 6th gear

Thks kmjoe and whyzee for the reply..

Yes I understand and appreciate the NCX designed for, am not looking for over-power...but as big bike always has the edge to pull away from trouble, kupkia can go fast, but they need one minute to over take a trialer and be safe to pull in again, where as big bike just zoom and gone....with a 700cc body on a 400cc torque...the only concern I have in only this, expecially on trunk road...of cause you can always choose to stay behind the truck until it safe to go....nevertheless, honda should have take this into account before they put this machine on the raod....emmm.....

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

i tink parellel twin engines are not ment to do that... its pretty much more for cruising ard the city and highway... there are always other options if u need a machine which can do wad u have mentioned but of cox the price tag n consumption will not be the same... the nc7 is not a perfect bike that i must admit, i dont have the confident to overtake on trunkroads too, but maybe its just the rider

yes, its a bike that's real easy to ride and i'm loving it since day 1. a short trip to Melaka makes me wanna go for more touring trips.

only 2 issues for me to overcome. 1st would be the low rev engine, anything more than ~6000rpm gets nothing from the engine. after the trip to Melaka, a taller windscreen is a definite must for me. i forgot to take my ear plugs with me and had to stop after 20km on NSHW cruising at around 130-140km/hr to get toilet paper to stuff into my ears :p luckily able to find ear plugs in Melaka. the original screen is great for diverting the air off the chest but the jet of wind seems to aim direct at my helmet. maybe it's my helmet that's noisy..

lets wait probably a week or so to let more owners get their bikes before we all have a meetup?

Cool thanks for e tips, yep will meet up wif our members soon.

Have ordered givi racks for side and top, plus the side boxes without the top box cost 1.2k that's ex man

2006 - Old School Vespa, Yamaha 125 Z, Bajaj Pulsar 180cc

2007 - Piaggio X8 200cc

2008 - Suzuki GSR 400cc

2009 - Piaggio X9 200cc, Yamaha R6 08, Piaggio MP3 400cc

2010 - Ducati 696, Bajaj Pulsa Ver. 200, Yamaha Fazer 8, Honda VFR 1200

2012- Phatom 200, CBR 150 R - 2012 Model

Once a Rider, Will always be...:thumb:

stock screen already can cover the chest? that's not too bad. I wonder if the wunderlich clip on wind deflector will be enough to move air above the helmet...?

btw, any opinions of vibration? or, any particular rpm range that will have more vibrations?

Lastly, at running in, what rpm and what's max speed with the limitation?

It's smooth throughout, probably start to notice slight engine vibration at high 5000rpm but then it's really quite negligible.

Hi bro, yes, the stock screen able to shield away the body from direct wind while riding but some may encounter direct blast to helmet.

As for vibration, I dont feel any maybe my previous ride is king of vibration. This bike is silky smooth for me. :)

As for running in, I usually keep below 5K rpm for the first 1k mileage.

That just me la, I believe factory might have done some pre-run on roller.

Wow, 5000rpm on final gear can travel 140+km/hr already. Haha..

Agree that modern engines are factory run-in already, just try not to do hard acceleration for the 1st 1000km should be fine.

i've never failed to overtake anyone (if they are driving normally):thumb: and yea blitx it was me at the coffeeshop haha, went to asp wanted to do servicing but close, went to m-tech also haven open :faint: so is the junior 55 here alrdy? bitx this is yrs ya? seem like ur left with only the hugger to go haha... got 12v socket all alrdy, btw wads the switch on the right of ur handle bar?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/1CBE964F-D80F-4F6F-AE59-15306583B8C6-2151-00000216CC8323D6.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/740B53CF-AE1B-4BB9-8120-9B5ECB0A1A65-2151-00000216DD239D73.jpg

haha.. i should've just walked up and asked if you were the ONE. i believe stocks for all the boxes are in cos when i went to collect my bike at around 5pm, they haven't finish packing and they spent the whole day doing that.

don't think i'll get the hugger, think i can live with a dirty a$$ :p the clip on the right is actually the mount for GPS, so on the left is 12V socket and right GPS.

nice pics :)

i used to ride a s4, somehow i feel nc has more torque but less speed... nc cannot compare with blackbird, its like nissan gtr vs honda fit... one thing that u need to bare in mind is that this bike is made for everyday practical riding, therefore the power is made to be sufficient, not overpowered, no one rides 180kmph in sg road all the time... economy, cheap & practical, with the storage space and excellent control & better than 2a or even some 2b's fuel economy ... thats what the nc7 is all about

cannot agree more on the fuel consumption. try going touring with other bikes and look at their envious faces when topping up petrol. my friend was shocked at how much i was topping up.

Hmm. is the black bike using the OEM rack?

that's a hepco top rack.

Well i havent got my ncx yet, should be next mth.... Once i get to ride it, preferably after running in then ill post the comparison. Of course both bike different leagues altogether.... shouldnt be compared at all! :p

now.. that is exaggeration. lol. I had a blackbird too. that cannot be. hahaha

but what you say is true, it's all in the clutch, and i suppose in the case of DCT mode, it will be the sports mode, button shifting?

I think the cocern of overtaking on slope came from the overseas NC forums, n in places like aussie and U.S, those trucks are going at 120++km/h. and they are very long..... So, I believe for them, it might be an issue. For us in Singapore, and NSH? I don't think so. I've overtaken buses and trucks on NSH on my silverwing, and if that can work, i'm sure it's good for the NC.

Of course those kapchais cant overtake blackbird on full blasts.. :p

Im more excited on the mileage figures for the ncx..... Great for touring i can say, and city riding. My current bike drinks petrol like R6 already.... too old bike la...

So far hows the mileage on sg roads? Read alot on overseas review.... Not much on our roads. Maybe not many on the road yet

Of course those kapchais cant overtake blackbird on full blasts.. :p

Im more excited on the mileage figures for the ncx..... Great for touring i can say, and city riding. My current bike drinks petrol like R6 already.... too old bike la...

So far hows the mileage on sg roads? Read alot on overseas review.... Not much on our roads. Maybe not many on the road yet

i'm getting 30km per litre thereabouts.

I thought the torque is quite high? Think my tmax only 35..

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

i get an avg of abt 31km/l... one thing good abt parellel twin is that it wont get hot even compared to s4.. yea blitz i bought the junior 55, n hell its fuggly! i tink ur tc fits your bike very well... just like a well balanced boobs of b cup, mine is g cup, a turn off... lol

Edited by kmjoe

Hugger wouldnt help in preventing fling to ur butt. Its jus to have a cleaner undertray.

Wanna a cleaner butt, u will to extend ur rear mudguard, or use topbox...

The dirty ass I was referring belongs to the bike. Hehe. I thought of it for awhile and decided I could live with the dirty rear shocks and under tray.

Wow 30km/l.... Thats really impressive...

For a 670cc engine, it's damn good and I'm loving it.

hi NC riders

will the bike get very hot on sunny day or stop at traffic light?

with pillion on, does the bike have any problem? still able to have a smooth ride? still have the power?

I say it's tolerable even on a sunny day. Much better than on a cbr600 I had previously. The heat from the air ejected by the radiator also roasted my thighs under the noon sun during a traffic jam.

Pillion my wife around once and felt she wasn't there :p

i get an avg of abt 31km/l... one thing good abt parellel twin is that it wont get hot even compared to s4.. yea blitz i bought the junior 55, n hell its fuggly! i tink ur tc fits your bike very well... just like a well balanced boobs of b cup, mine is g cup, a turn off... lol

I wanted a junior 45 initially but no stock then. Chan loaned me the journey 40 which is on currently on the bike. After a couple months with it, find that it suits the bike well and the red strip coincides with the bike color. Guess il be getting journey 45 for topbox and junior 40 for panniers.

You getting panniers?