SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

jupiter mx 135

retired racer

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought mine on xmas eve wit axs insurance total is 7630

Ask u all

Do u all kana some burn smell when riding ??

I still smell it sometime even nw my mileage is at 5k

Latest update

Leo Vince exhaust is out in sg

Koso meter also out in jb at 480rm

Leo Vince not out yet. GMAX still waiting for LTA's approval. Same goes for Yoshimura. Motoworld still waiting for LTA's approval.

But moto culture got a page wit e pipe.... Nw I'm waiti 4 cobra..

My tyre is tubeless..

The pipe has been around since last year. Some riders have been using it but without the LTA cert. So the risk of getting caught & fined $500 is there. I know someone working in Gmax which brings in these pipes. So just waiting for his good news. You can also go to GMAX's page at Facebook & like the page so once its approved, you will be one of the first to know. Look at their post on 1st Feb for accurate info. :)

staying in the west and looking to buy a new jupiter soon. any suggestions which shop is recommended. Tried calling asphoon @toh guan, they not selling bikes. Speedway is a no no for me as I had bad experience with em. Preferably some where not so far away from where I stay.

Its so nice!! Fuel indicator is missing? Whats the damage to install this??

Fuel indicator is at the bottom of the speedo. Notice the bars from left to right? That's the one.

Basically it has all the functions you need. It can display your batt voltage, coolant temperature, RPM, top speed ever achieved, red/yellow shift light to tell you when to change gear, tell you when to change EO and lots more.

Pricing wise I can get for $185 with installation. Feel free to like my Facebook page 'Spankers (Spark 135)'. We were the first in SG to bring in this speedo for Jupiter MX. :)

Fuel indicator is at the bottom of the speedo. Notice the bars from left to right? That's the one.

Basically it has all the functions you need. It can display your batt voltage, coolant temperature, RPM, top speed ever achieved, red/yellow shift light to tell you when to change gear, tell you when to change EO and lots more.

Pricing wise I can get for $185 with installation. Feel free to like my Facebook page 'Spankers (Spark 135)'. We were the first in SG to bring in this speedo for Jupiter MX. :)

is the speedo accurate like the original ones?

Will it pass the inspection?

is the speedo accurate like the original ones?

Stock speedos for small bikes like Spark, X1R & Jupiter are not accurate. They are off by 10-20kmh. Lets say your stock speedo display 120kmh, you are actually travelling only around 100-105kmh.

For this digital speedo, there is a function that enables you to calibrate your speedo with GPS to make it accurate. Some Spark riders who had fixed digital speedo will complain their speedo not accurate. Its because when shops fix for them, they set for you anyhow. They where got time take GPS and set for you. :)

Will it pass the inspection?

Vicom/LTA/TP don't check speedometers bro.

Stock speedos for small bikes like Spark, X1R & Jupiter are not accurate. They are off by 10-20kmh. Lets say your stock speedo display 120kmh, you are actually travelling only around 100-105kmh.

For this digital speedo, there is a function that enables you to calibrate your speedo with GPS to make it accurate. Some Spark riders who had fixed digital speedo will complain their speedo not accurate. Its because when shops fix for them, they set for you anyhow. They where got time take GPS and set for you. :)

hello.. im interested! lol so do you mean when you install for me, will set properly for me also?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/adv3ntniel/reitabass.jpg

Reita ♥

So speed is based on gps or wheel rotation? If no gps mean no speed?

i suppose Jupiter speedos are accurate... juz assuming... haha :)

hello.. im interested! lol so do you mean when you install for me, will set properly for me also?

Yes me and my friend will install & set for you. I ordered 5 more sets. These items come from KL so must wait. Will update here once I have these in my hands. :)

So speed is based on gps or wheel rotation? If no gps mean no speed?

No no no. Hmm how shall i explain this. :lol:

Let me try to make it as simple as possible.

The reason why small bike stock speedos are not so accurate: For small bikes, the speedo gets our speed from our front wheel. Diff people change tyres to diff sizes. Back in sch, you learn that the bigger the wheel, the further it takes to make one round. The smaller the wheel, the shorter it takes to make one round. So this will affect our speedo reading as the measurements to calculate the speed has changed. Digital speedo can settle this problem as you are allowed to adjust the inputs into the meter for it to calculate your speed more precisely. Diff tyres will have diff numbers to key in. So GPS is used as a guide to check if your inputs are right.

Most bigger bikes do not have this problem as their speed sensors are not following their front wheel. Hope i managed to explain properly. :cheers:

Yes me and my friend will install & set for you. I ordered 5 more sets. These items come from KL so must wait. Will update here once I have these in my hands. :)

The reason why small bike stock speedos are not so accurate: For small bikes, the speedo gets our speed from our front wheel. Diff people change tyres to diff sizes. Back in sch, you learn that the bigger the wheel, the further it takes to make one round. The smaller the wheel, the shorter it takes to make one round. So this will affect our speedo reading as the measurements to calculate the speed has changed. Digital speedo can settle this problem as you are allowed to adjust the inputs into the meter for it to calculate your speed more precisely. Diff tyres will have diff numbers to key in. So GPS is used as a guide to check if your inputs are right.

Most bigger bikes do not have this problem as their speed sensors are not following their front wheel. Hope i managed to explain properly. :cheers:

Great....do update..might consider to install it.. :)

Cool. Great explanation. Will install once I get my bike!!

alrighty PM me bro..! as mentioned im interested ! ^_^

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/adv3ntniel/reitabass.jpg

Reita ♥

Just in case some of you are unaware, there is already a digital speedo for Jupiter MX. Installed by me & a friend about a week ago. :)

very satki, stylo milo! very cool! :)

edit: btw mods, spam alert! today got many spam leh, some nag guy & bri guy. thanks!

Edited by bruce71

Raptor: ( quote )

"As one gains more experience on a bike... one's perceptions and views on how a bike should be ridden will change over time.. just live and let live for now." :thumb:

hi all. I want to know if I reached 1k of run in, then I change eo. can I start whacking the bike? I feel dangerous as I am road hogging as I ride below 80km/h at expressway. when is the actual completion of running in mileage??? is it 3k then I can whack the bike?