SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

jupiter mx 135

retired racer

I just bought a white blue jupiter at M1 motoring. Will be getting my bike next week. So excited!! :p

Care to share still got what other colours available at M1, and how much? Thanks!

Jun 01 - Sep 04 - Honda Nsr 150sp

Oct 04 - Apr 05 - Honda Super 4 Hyper Vtec

Apr 05 - Jan 07 - Gilera FXR Runner

Feb 07 - Aug 12 - Honda Super 4 SpecII

Mar 13 - Present - Yamaha Jupiter mx T135

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3228/b80gnd1ef.gif

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lim Ah Wan ... for the information.

Thanks bro.

No problem! :cheers:

took my mx white today quite happy.. from m1 changi too but abit dangerous le expressway de time

Since brand new & still running in, keep to the most left lane. :)

If machine price 4.5k

+ 150 ERP

+ Registration 100

+ 50 Number plate / Admin

+ Insurance 500

+ COE 1500

So .. should be able to bargain till $6500

thx for the breakdown. u also bought from asp? the 'admin' fee quite cheap. maybe the 4.5k machine price already cover their low 'admin' fee..

If machine price 4.5k

+ 150 ERP

+ Registration 100

+ 50 Number plate / Admin

+ Insurance 500

+ COE 1500

So .. should be able to bargain till $6500

IU is 155, your licence plate, admin, registration fee numbers are correct...COE is around 1.5k now, insurance is variable no fixed cause it varies with the rider BUT...

machine price a bit high leh...

'Hydher' on another thread in this forum show everything OTR with COE 1.5k but no insurance is only

5.35k, dunno how to link but you can check with hydher...so if insurance at 500, it should still be below 6k.

Raptor: ( quote )

"As one gains more experience on a bike... one's perceptions and views on how a bike should be ridden will change over time.. just live and let live for now." :thumb:

For oil filters for our bikes, the ones shops are selling comes from 3 different countries as shown in the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271033[/ATTACH]

How to tell which is original, which is not?

Look at the packaging & quality of the oil filter.

The packaging should have the holographic Hong Leong Yamaha label.

The most common one you will find in bikeshops in Singapore will be the one Made in Japan & Thailand.

Take note, if the shop wants to sell you the one Made in Japan, do not buy it as it is 100% not original.

Japan do not make oil filters for our bikes. The packaging also does not have the holographic label & the quality of the oil filter is very bad. The paper is thick, not straight & properly aligned & lots more.

Lim Ah Boy @ Kelantan Lane is the one who sells this & most bikeshops in SG get the oil filters from them.

Some shops sell the ones Made in Thailand. Some have the holographic labels & there are some which don't.

So again, look for the holographic label before buying.

I managed to get all 3 oil filters from Thai, Indo & Japan and made a comparison in terms of quality

& I found that the one Made in Indonesia had the best among all 3.

So far only bikeshops in JB sell the ones Made in Indonesia.

Some of you would say does it really matter???

Hmm its actually quite difficult to explain in simpler words. But I shall give it a try.

Different filter material can prevent your engine oil from flowing freely thru the filter, which may cause your piston or other engine components to not have enough lubrication & so on as the EO movement in the engine is somehow not moving around smoothly especially at high revs. To some, it may just be a minor issue. But in the long run when you always travel at high speeds, its somehow gonna make your engine components wear & tear faster. So if you tell this to bikeshops, they are just gonna say this is all nonsense & it doesnt matter.

It is difficult to show you the quality of the oil filters from pictures.

You will have to see it personally & touch it.

Those who wants to see it up close for a better understanding can feel free to meet me. :)

RESPECT! got 1 sexpert here leh!

me no mx135 rider, considering to buy only, but i am impressed.

you know your stuff. one of the few who understands that NOT ALWAYS 'from Jepun always best'. that common mindset is obselete & applies to only Made In Japan bikes which most modern 2b bikes aren't.

new thinking, new perspectives are needed in our modern times...thumbs up!

edit: praise no enough! salute to Lim Ah Wan...

homat senja da!

Edited by bruce71

Raptor: ( quote )

"As one gains more experience on a bike... one's perceptions and views on how a bike should be ridden will change over time.. just live and let live for now." :thumb: