SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

jupiter mx 135

retired racer

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. can i check with u guy. i still running in my jupiter mx 135. so after 1000km i wish to change cdi for this bike. any recommendation? will it affect the whole bike if only change cdi and not other stuff.

Changing CDI basically removes your powercut. Your bike will feel less restricted. It will not affect anything as long as you dont drag your bike to the limits. Can try Rextor or BRT.

But remember to leave your stock CDI underneath your seat or box because for example out of 10 aftermarket CDI, there will be 3-4 that will have defects. Defects as in they will just die off after 3-6 months without any warning and your bike wont be able to start. So if it happens in the middle of the road, you can just swap back to stock CDI and continue your ride.

When it happened to me in 2010, I was from Tamp to Yishun on TPE/SLE. Rode my bike and maintained 120-130kmh all the way. First stop I did was at Yishun traffic light. I stopped and my bike died. Bike was first hand and only 6 months old. CDI was 3 months old. Checked everything and it was all OK.

After 1 hr of wondering what happened, I thought of checking the CDI. Swapped to stock and managed to start my bike. I thought it was just my luck for getting a defective CDI. Went around asking other riders in the forum, facebook, bikeshops and it turns out I was not the only one and it was a common problem.

Changing CDI basically removes your powercut. Your bike will feel less restricted. It will not affect anything as long as you dont drag your bike to the limits. Can try Rextor or BRT.

But remember to leave your stock CDI underneath your seat or box because for example out of 10 aftermarket CDI, there will be 3-4 that will have defects. Defects as in they will just die off after 3-6 months without any warning and your bike wont be able to start. So if it happens in the middle of the road, you can just swap back to stock CDI and continue your ride.

When it happened to me in 2010, I was from Tamp to Yishun on TPE/SLE. Rode my bike and maintained 120-130kmh all the way. First stop I did was at Yishun traffic light. I stopped and my bike died. Bike was first hand and only 6 months old. CDI was 3 months old. Checked everything and it was all OK

After 1 hr of wondering what happened, I thought of checking the CDI. Swapped to stock and managed to start my bike. I thought it was just my luck for getting a defective CDI. Went around asking other riders in the forum, facebook, bikeshops and it turns out I was not the only one and it was a common problem.

Thx. Got it. Will get a 1 of it to try after I run in finish. Thx for yr advise.

hi to all pro!!

my bike suddenly later got power later no power is it normal when riding de time??

and when I riding with a pillion I can feel my back tyre like jerk abit is it normal? or something is wrong ? need advise!! thanks a lot

Did you do any mods or changed anything recently?

Just ordered a red & black jupiter.

Jun 01 - Sep 04 - Honda Nsr 150sp

Oct 04 - Apr 05 - Honda Super 4 Hyper Vtec

Apr 05 - Jan 07 - Gilera FXR Runner

Feb 07 - Aug 12 - Honda Super 4 SpecII

Mar 13 - Present - Yamaha Jupiter mx T135

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3228/b80gnd1ef.gif

no bike is still fully stock mileage onli 160+ km nia

The way you describe your situation sounds like your carb setting need to do some adjustment. Head back to your bikeshop & tell them what happened. They should know what to do. Its a new bike so you don't have to worry much.

I very interested in the uma meter... any news? Able to withstand heat and rain??

I still waiting for my stock. Ordered 10 sets. Still no news from supplier. RACING BOY, WHAT YOU DOING??! :confused:

Where to buy the slightly bigger diameter front disc brake like those original malaysia jupiter r using ?

You can get it at JB at just around RM70-80. Take note it will be the local one. If you want original, will set you back around RM300.

The way you describe your situation sounds like your carb setting need to do some adjustment. Head back to your bikeshop & tell them what happened. They should know what to do. Its a new bike so you don't have to worry much.

Stupid shop told me need to take out the casing all this then can set. is there anywhere I can set myself ?

Stupid shop told me need to take out the casing all this then can set. is there anywhere I can set myself ?

Tell them who should be the one taking out the coversets? It is not your job since you said the bike is new. Which shop is it anyway? Seems like they are just after your $$$. Once you paid & signed the papers, they dont care about you anymore.

how much u bought it & which shop ?

$5950 with IU, 6 mths road tax, one top box, without insurance at M1 motoring Ubi.

Jun 01 - Sep 04 - Honda Nsr 150sp

Oct 04 - Apr 05 - Honda Super 4 Hyper Vtec

Apr 05 - Jan 07 - Gilera FXR Runner

Feb 07 - Aug 12 - Honda Super 4 SpecII

Mar 13 - Present - Yamaha Jupiter mx T135

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3228/b80gnd1ef.gif

Tell them who should be the one taking out the coversets? It is not your job since you said the bike is new. Which shop is it anyway? Seems like they are just after your $$$. Once you paid & signed the papers, they dont care about you anymore.

haha m1 changi lo.. tml try go down ask again..

damn, just less than 2k mileage on the road, my shocks sound came out. It is irritating n especially stopping n moving off the great is loud. wth

so fast ?

Hi bros, anyone bought from HL cycle recently? I still waiting for COE to drop further...lol

coe like nv drop one leh ....

going to buy jupitor also. maybe from Hong Leong (YAMAHA)

think of they may have better service after sales, am I right? any bros exp?

how abt the price ?