SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

jupiter mx 135

retired racer

hi all. I want to know if I reached 1k of run in, then I change eo. can I start whacking the bike? I feel dangerous as I am road hogging as I ride below 80km/h at expressway. when is the actual completion of running in mileage??? is it 3k then I can whack the bike?

After 1000km, change EO & oil filter. Then you can ride normally. But never open throttle full for long duration. Open the most 3/4. That's my advice. :)

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 1000km, change EO & oil filter. Then you can ride normally. But never open throttle full for long duration. Open the most 3/4. That's my advice. :)

I do not have the manual. I need to know how much is the eo needed with oil filter and without. I always change it myself. where to get good oil filter other than ah boy(cheong original)

I do not have the manual. I need to know how much is the eo needed with oil filter and without. I always change it myself. where to get good oil filter other than ah boy(cheong original)

If change just the EO, pour in 800ml. If you change EO + oil filter, pour in 900ml. Never pour in too much or too little as it will affect your engine performance. Change oil filter on an alternate basis. Let's say this month service, you change EO only, next month service change EO & oil filter. Then the following month, EO again. Something like that.

For oil filter, I will upload for you pictures & a rough guide on how to tell the original & the fake ones. :)

For oil filters for our bikes, the ones shops are selling comes from 3 different countries as shown in the picture.

23373_561286163899132_921888786_n.jpg

How to tell which is original, which is not?

Look at the packaging & quality of the oil filter.

The packaging should have the holographic Hong Leong Yamaha label.

The most common one you will find in bikeshops in Singapore will be the one Made in Japan & Thailand.

Take note, if the shop wants to sell you the one Made in Japan, do not buy it as it is 100% not original.

Japan do not make oil filters for our bikes. The packaging also does not have the holographic label & the quality of the oil filter is very bad. The paper is thick, not straight & properly aligned & lots more.

Lim Ah Boy @ Kelantan Lane is the one who sells this & most bikeshops in SG get the oil filters from them.

Some shops sell the ones Made in Thailand. Some have the holographic labels & there are some which don't.

So again, look for the holographic label before buying.

I managed to get all 3 oil filters from Thai, Indo & Japan and made a comparison in terms of quality

& I found that the one Made in Indonesia had the best among all 3.

So far only bikeshops in JB sell the ones Made in Indonesia.

Some of you would say does it really matter???

Hmm its actually quite difficult to explain in simpler words. But I shall give it a try.

Different filter material can prevent your engine oil from flowing freely thru the filter, which may cause your piston or other engine components to not have enough lubrication & so on as the EO movement in the engine is somehow not moving around smoothly especially at high revs. To some, it may just be a minor issue. But in the long run when you always travel at high speeds, its somehow gonna make your engine components wear & tear faster. So if you tell this to bikeshops, they are just gonna say this is all nonsense & it doesnt matter.

It is difficult to show you the quality of the oil filters from pictures.

You will have to see it personally & touch it.

Those who wants to see it up close for a better understanding can feel free to meet me. :)

So singapore does not sell oil filter made in indonesia?

So far I have yet to find it. Recently about 2-3 months back I made an order of 80 sets for the Spark/X1R/Jupiter MX riders at my facebook page, Spankers (Spark 135). If any of you want it, I can do an order again. Shops selling one oil filter or one spark plug for around $8 each isnt it? I got it for the riders at just $7.50 for one set of Made in Indo oil filter & normal NGK spark plug.

75971_536138056413943_305426297_n.jpg

So far I have yet to find it. Recently about 2-3 months back I made an order of 80 sets for the Spark/X1R/Jupiter MX riders at my facebook page, Spankers (Spark 135). If any of you want it, I can do an order again. Shops selling one oil filter or one spark plug for around $8 each isnt it? I got it for the riders at just $7.50 for one set of Made in Indo oil filter & normal NGK spark plug.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271086[/ATTACH]

wow u bikeshop ah?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271086[/ATTACH]

wow.... what oil do u suggest for 1000km change? any recommendations?

wow u bikeshop ah?

Nope. It just so happens I have good contacts with some shops & as a rider, I should share my good lobangs with all of you. :)

wow.... what oil do u suggest for 1000km change? any recommendations?

It is up to individual preference. Same like drinks. Some prefer coke, some prefer pepsi. :lol:

If you are the type of rider who rides normally from point A to B, normal semi synthethic EOs will do. But if you are abit aggressive & like riding at high speed, go for fully synthetic like the Motul 300V. Abit pricey at about $28 per bottle but you can feel the smoothness. If not, Maxima & Liquimoly also can. :)

Not sure if you guys can view this Facebook photo album. But if you wanna mod your bike & look for ideas, click the link & see some of the awesome Jupiter MX mods from other countries. :thumb:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.569703303057418.143606.202211276473291&type=3

Here are some of them!

10.jpg

13.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]

For oil filters for our bikes, the ones shops are selling comes from 3 different countries as shown in the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]271033[/ATTACH]

How to tell which is original, which is not?

Look at the packaging & quality of the oil filter.

The packaging should have the holographic Hong Leong Yamaha label.

The most common one you will find in bikeshops in Singapore will be the one Made in Japan & Thailand.

Take note, if the shop wants to sell you the one Made in Japan, do not buy it as it is 100% not original.

Japan do not make oil filters for our bikes. The packaging also does not have the holographic label & the quality of the oil filter is very bad. The paper is thick, not straight & properly aligned & lots more.

Lim Ah Boy @ Kelantan Lane is the one who sells this & most bikeshops in SG get the oil filters from them.

Some shops sell the ones Made in Thailand. Some have the holographic labels & there are some which don't.

So again, look for the holographic label before buying.

I managed to get all 3 oil filters from Thai, Indo & Japan and made a comparison in terms of quality

& I found that the one Made in Indonesia had the best among all 3.

So far only bikeshops in JB sell the ones Made in Indonesia.

Some of you would say does it really matter???

Hmm its actually quite difficult to explain in simpler words. But I shall give it a try.

Different filter material can prevent your engine oil from flowing freely thru the filter, which may cause your piston or other engine components to not have enough lubrication & so on as the EO movement in the engine is somehow not moving around smoothly especially at high revs. To some, it may just be a minor issue. But in the long run when you always travel at high speeds, its somehow gonna make your engine components wear & tear faster. So if you tell this to bikeshops, they are just gonna say this is all nonsense & it doesnt matter.

It is difficult to show you the quality of the oil filters from pictures.

You will have to see it personally & touch it.

Those who wants to see it up close for a better understanding can feel free to meet me. :)

I have to settle for the ah boy oil filter as I do not have time to search for good ones. info me when u getting indon filters then. do you know how much is the drain like filter with spring after the bolt is opened at the bottom?

I have to settle for the ah boy oil filter as I do not have time to search for good ones. info me when u getting indon filters then. do you know how much is the drain like filter with spring after the bolt is opened at the bottom?

You mean the strainer? What happened to yours? For that, try Auto Machinery at Rowell Road.

I wanna get spare. best if the nut can be bought as well. lol. tell me when u getting new orders for oil filters.

What for sia? :confused: Those things very hard to get damaged or misplaced. Hmm Ill ask the riders at my facebook page if they need new oil filters. If demand high then Ill order in bulk.

Nice to know that ... :-) ... Thanks.

Can I have the address ?

Been to Lorong Bapok JB or also known infamously as Ah Gua Lane? There is a sticker shop there selling decals for Jupiter MX. Price wise around RM60 onwards. He can paste for you as well. Closed on Sundays.

My dad just ordered one Jupiter from Wing Yap. I am very tempted to buy one also. :cheer:

Saw from HLcorp website that more colours are coming into Singapore?

Jun 01 - Sep 04 - Honda Nsr 150sp

Oct 04 - Apr 05 - Honda Super 4 Hyper Vtec

Apr 05 - Jan 07 - Gilera FXR Runner

Feb 07 - Aug 12 - Honda Super 4 SpecII

Mar 13 - Present - Yamaha Jupiter mx T135

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3228/b80gnd1ef.gif