SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Open Invitation to 2B bikes to go MHS & Laos (min Speed 95km/h digital)

adesmond2

[Trip Closed, PM me for exceptional]

Date: To be advise (somewhere around June 2013)

Time: Meet up one of the fridays mid-night and start moving towards thai borders.

Objective: Touch and go most of the locations. Meaning: Reach, snap photos, ride again. Videos will be done for estimated 10~30% of the ride, but subjected to memory/power capacity..

Location: SG -> MY -> TH -> Laos -> MHS -> MY -> SG all in 14 days. (very rush trip, not for faint hearted)

Itinerary: Example: 10 May 2013 (friday) -> 24 May (friday)

10 May Midnight GP move off 12.30am

11 May (sat) 11am reach Hatyai Border

12pm Cross border and snap photos at Thailand Borders.

Reach Hotel latest by 4pm.

12 May (Sunday) Hatyai to Hua Hin (760 km)

13 May (Monday) Hua Hin to Ayutta (270 km)

14 May (Tuesday) Ayutta+ to Nong Khai (580 km)

15 May (Wednesday) Nong Khai to Vang Vieng (180 km)

16 May (thurs) Vang Vieng to Plains of Jars, 3 sites (250 km)

17 May (Friday) Plains of Jars to Luang Prabang (270 km)

18 May (Sat) Luang Prabang to China border to Huay Xai (Total: 520 km)

19 May (Sun) Huay Xai to take barge to Chiang Khong, Chiang Khong to Chiang Mai (310 km)

20 May (Monday) Chiang Mai to Pai (4hrs but est 8hr to be safe) (130km)

21 May (tues) Pai to MHS mid point - - U-turn back to Pia after getting Cert.(220 km)

22 May (wed) Pia to Tak (unconfirmed, need to check if Tak is good to stop) (410 km)

23 May (thurs) Tak to BKK (430 km) *take night train from Bkk to KL (12 hours)

24 May (friday) KL to Woodland by ride (350 km)

In total we have another 2 days to "rest" after the entire trip or in case anything happen inbetween, we have 2 days allowance (max).

*all plans are just estimated, all subjected to change at my discreet or majority decision.

Hotel/Motels will be decided upon reaching location, if really not comfortable with majority decision, the one who reject has the right to choose another hotel/motel/Guesthouse of his/her choice.

Now, advise to people who are interested or keen to go.

1) Must be able to commit to the trip very early so that I can plan as nice as I can.

2) Ability to ride longer distances than predicted due to break down/custom clearances/can't get lodging and etc etc etc.

3) Ability to ride faster at truck roads to keep up with the group that you are in. (might get uncomfortable but just tell anyone that you wan to go at a slower pace)

4) Ability to ride at winding roads and Laos and MHS have many corners, if you get giddy easily, this trip is not for you. (can go kent ridge for practice but this will be ALOT more)

5) You MUST be able to repair your own puncture tires. (everyone is as shag as you are)

6) Rest is important so you must be able to sleep easily at any unfamiliar places.

7) Must be able to take instructions from anyone no matter they are younger or more inexperience than you. (appointed leaders)

8) Must be capable for making own arrangement if your bike break apart. (into 2) The group mostly will not stop because of 1 person.

9) Must be well verse with your own bike (EO- how many litres/FC and etc)

10) Ability to ride at night when need arises.

11) Must not be calculative when money is concern as there is a need to stay at accommodation that is more expensive, budget for the trip must not be too tight.

12) All riders must be able to be markers/sweepers/troopers.

13) Health must maintain in the best condition as these 14 days will not be as easy as you think. (field camp for 14 days + no slp feeling)

14) No choosy over food/must be able to eat anything that looks "normal".. else you have to look for your own food or survive on bread alone.

15) Insurance is a MUST to cover ASEAN. Thailand and Laos need to purchase their insurance. No argument when cost is involved.

Most of the information is credit to Encik Pat's friend (whose name I forgotten. :o )

Last but not least, experienced riders are welcomed.. :)

Young and dangerous not welcome thru. :)

PM me for more details if required.

I'll need tons of details/information once you confirm the trip.

Trip will be close on 1st Jan 2013. I will arrange for a meet up somewhere around CNY 2013 eve or day 1/2 since everyone is off due to PH.. :)

Time for this meet up will be confirm after 10pm.. so don't worry that you cannot go bai bai or acc friends/family in the morning/afternoon/evening. :)

Minimum speed 95km/h - based on my digital speedo meter. Not your analog meter as my analog shows 110~120 when I'm riding at 95km/h (digital). :)

Max 8 riders I can handle (anything more will be split into 2 groups) NSH (4 riders/group) will be split by CCs..

1) adesmond2 (KRR)

2) Victor (S4)

3) Shiong (SP)

4) Mas (SP)

5) svit (SUV)

[Trip Closed, PM me for exceptional]

Edited by adesmond2
Trip Closed, PM me for exceptional.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

super ambitious to jio 8 bikes to go on an unknown mission.

I'll buy you a beer.

8) Must be capable for making own arrangement if your bike break apart. (into 2) The group mostly will not stop because of 1 person.

I sincerely hope that this does not happen to you.

If you jio people to go riding, leave no man behind please.

Edited by pipipapipu

The only reason why I'm not laughing with you is that I prefer laughing at you.

super ambitious to jio 8 bikes to go on an unknown mission.

I'll buy you a beer.

I sincerely hope that this does not happen to you.

If you jio people to go riding, leave no man behind please.

*yup.. totally understand.. This is the worst case.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

100% agree on this..i wont ride with anyone that already state upfront that they will leave you on your own should any misadventure arises

LOL.. Don't worry.. Like what I said, this is a worse to worse situation.. & my based previous experiences..

I leave no man behind despite behind schedule or "whatever"..

It's just something that I "copied" from.. :)

LOL.. Don't worry.. Like what I said, this is a worse to worse situation.. & my based previous experiences..

People life in your own hand. How can you just dish it off with 'Don't worry'

You are the organizer and planning to rope people in to join your trip. How can you just copied from other people post and claimed that is the worst to worst scenario?

As per statement, If the rider crash, bike is totaled but he is not seriously injured. Are you going leave him there and carried on with your trip?

If you are not capable to take care of the riders who followed your trip. Then don't organise one. He doesnt know how to patch the tire, you should know.

Organiser don't just sit one corner and watch other riders work. Go up as one group, break down as one group and come back as one group.

Guys

When u organize a group ride, rider's life is NEVER in organizer's hands. I agree with ideally go as one and come back as one. Organizer helps to facilitate a riding event and make sure it goes smooth. But eventually it's the rider who determines his own life spare the fact on luck aside. The organizer can do so much but he is not GOD. Just my thought. Not affiliated with thread owner.

http://yempaulantonio.blogspot.sg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/409306_10150499195852552_676382551_8519348_2125283426_n.jpg

You are the organizer and planning to rope people in to join your trip. How can you just copied from other people post and claimed that is the worst to worst scenario?

As per statement, If the rider crash, bike is totaled but he is not seriously injured. Are you going leave him there and carried on with your trip?

If you are not capable to take care of the riders who followed your trip. Then don't organise one. He doesnt know how to patch the tire, you should know.

Organiser don't just sit one corner and watch other riders work. Go up as one group, break down as one group and come back as one group.

People's life are not in my hand.. I don't control the throttle.. :)

I'm just asking if anyone is interested, so far I have meet several of them and given my expectation, and they are pleased.. We can only say, we hope for the best, prepared for the worse. (if in singapore you organise a normal rounding, someone had an accident, let's say, self skid, are you as the organiser going to pay for his "damages"?)

Personally, I have organise alot of outing in SG. JB trips (min) Thailand once with 7 bikes.(those who went assisted alot for me) But still, my theory is, hope for the best, prepare for the worse as I heard alot of stories.. all beyond control..

Personally, I would acc him to rest for max 2 days, send him to airport and he will fly back to SG while we carry on.

I definitely know how to patch a tire but that doesn't mean I have to spoon feed everyone isn't it? If suddenly got one spot, all 8 bike tio nail together.. I dun think I 1 person can fit all 8 right? Helping out is fine. Anyway, If someone is going to join, I dun mind teaching them prior to leaving.

I can take care but that doesn't mean I can control all. Bro, there's a huge difference between take care and control.. :)

Of cuz, totally understand that, but like what I mentioned, worse scenario..

Anyway, if you are keen, let's meet up and talk about this trip rather den talk over here.. sometimes, words doesn't express emotion and you might read it differently.. my :) is my sincerely smile, not those "K*s" ones.. :)

Good luck and all the best...better to go alone...too many cooks..spoil the soup..

LOL.. thanks.. :)

Guys

When u organize a group ride, rider's life is NEVER in organizer's hands. I agree with ideally go as one and come back as one. Organizer helps to facilitate a riding event and make sure it goes smooth. But eventually it's the rider who determines his own life spare the fact on luck aside. The organizer can do so much but he is not GOD. Just my thought. Not affiliated with thread owner.

Thanks bro.. Totally understand.. :)

There are a lot of such people who don't bother to check or upkeep their bike in good running condition.

They never check even the most important and basic things like their brakes condition, their throttle hand grip ( someone I ever rode with have his hand grip melted and falling off but he either didn't bother to check his bike before the ride.

Tire repair kit is the most important tool a bike must have for long distance travel but some people always depend on other to bring them.

And some can ride with almost bald tires for such long overseas trip, praying hard that nothing will happen.

I also belief that as an organiser, he should ensure the safety of all participants but his statement serve as a reminder and an warning to such irresponsible people who decides to tag along.

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

There are a lot of such people who don't bother to check or upkeep their bike in good running condition.

They never check even the most important and basic things like their brakes condition, their throttle hand grip ( someone I ever rode with have his hand grip melted and falling off but he either didn't bother to check his bike before the ride.

Tire repair kit is the most important tool a bike must have for long distance travel but some people always depend on other to bring them.

And some can ride with almost bald tires for such long overseas trip, praying hard that nothing will happen.

I also belief that as an organiser, he should ensure the safety of all participants but his statement serve as a reminder and an warning to such irresponsible people who decides to tag along.

Lol. I'll try to prevent that as much as possible.

My last thailand trip, I ensure everyone go to check their bike at least 1 week before departing.. :)

Most of the stuff, totally agreed with you.. :)

Guys

Dear Boss, this is hard la, participants 'expect' group leader to be the indian chief, tour guide, the master navigator, the language translator, the pimp, the money lender and the aunt agony. Riding itself only plays a minor role in this kind of trip. Big group big responsibility.

Dear Boss, this is hard la, participants 'expect' group leader to be the indian chief, tour guide, the master navigator, the language translator, the pimp, the money lender and the aunt agony. Riding itself only plays a minor role in this kind of trip. Big group big responsibility.

LOL!! If I can be those you mentioned above.. I think I can become CEO of bike community liaoz.. :p

LOL!! If I can be those you mentioned above.. I think I can become CEO of bike community liaoz.. :p

Nope. If you can do all those, you won't even start a thread to jio ppl to go ride with you.

Instead, you will go alone, anytime of your pleasure, ride anyhow you like, do anything you fancy and start a trip report thread with pictures (minus the notti ones).

Nope. If you can do all those, you won't even start a thread to jio ppl to go ride with you.

Instead, you will go alone, anytime of your pleasure, ride anyhow you like, do anything you fancy and start a trip report thread with pictures (minus the notti ones).

whahaha.. Indeed..

Agony Uncle - Can console myself and say will learn more as i travel further.. :p

Money Lender - I can fly my bike to Aus and ride there.. whahaha!

Master Navigator - Easily go anywhere..

Indian Chief/Tour guide - relax and go the place I preferred..

Translator - Just speak their language and blend into them

:p

double post... =_=""

Edited by adesmond2

Do copy down somewhere in your phone or handbook the Singapore Ministry of foreign affairs contact number and Singapore Embassy in that country you are going to...that is the almost worst scenario you can ever be in and need to call these to assist

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Do copy down somewhere in your phone or handbook the Singapore Ministry of foreign affairs contact number and Singapore Embassy in that country you are going to...that is the almost worst scenario you can ever be in and need to call these to assist

roger that.. :)

Hello Captain

I agree with you wholeheartedly but never on a fact that i leave the fate of my life to the organizer's ability of running a group tour. I'm sure not one organizer will accept the responsibility of causing someone's life because of a rider's mishap of failure to comply. Come on la ... I'm a big boy ... The organizer is supposed to lead not spoon feed ... you know what i mean la bro ... next trip to where? you organize? put me to sleep at night? find me a few puying suay dai mai? :)

http://yempaulantonio.blogspot.sg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/409306_10150499195852552_676382551_8519348_2125283426_n.jpg

Hello Captain

I agree with you wholeheartedly but never on a fact that i leave the fate of my life to the organizer's ability of running a group tour. I'm sure not one organizer will accept the responsibility of causing someone's life because of a rider's mishap of failure to comply. Come on la ... I'm a big boy ... The organizer is supposed to lead not spoon feed ... you know what i mean la bro ... next trip to where? you organize? put me to sleep at night? find me a few puying suay dai mai? :)

Ahh.. tum arai gor dai.. Ao puying suay suay gin dap?

So far only thinking of Eastern Issan + Southern Cambodia loop in Dec 2013.

Duno will materialise anot coz most prob only got 16 days.

Knowing myself, maybe stuck in Issan somehow..

Cheesepie, you big boy, big kukujiao, who dare to lead you?

You are my idol ok?

Hey....bit off track....alai puying??? XXX :faint:

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

thats why i like to ride with experience tourer , cause they take care of newbies like me...

but they always give me the :"wa lau small bike " look

LOL!! Agreed! That's how most tourer look at me also.. LOL..

LOL!! Agreed! That's how most tourer look at me also.. LOL..

well at least 1 didnt

I see limbs everywhere on the road

Limbs of strangers i have not met

Are the Roads that vicious ?

Or is it just Dangerous ?

Whatever it is, no one can predict what lies on the roads................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It the beginning of the end, when the Shurangama disappears.............

Wah, been quite some time since i last read paras of bollocks in SBF!

Good luck and all the best...better to go alone...too many cooks..spoil the soup..
Agree with you 100% no less!

To TS, all best in your organising! Dont worry, you are leading adults, not some infants. No need listen to all the Gods and Goddess in here.