SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I checked it's empty. Where can i get sp parts??

SP parts can get from Everfit, Ever Success, or FJT Parts. A simple google search will land you their addresses. all quite near each other also. But stock exhaust.... not easy to find...

RIDE.

2012 - 2015: Honda NSR150SP

2015 - current : Honda CBR600RR

My bike has a cranking sound, people say it's my exhaust.. I just bought it from shop. I suspect the exhaust inside is empty,

Any idea where can I get a stock exhaust?

You just bought it from shop is the bike or exhaust? If bike then it should be got minimum warranty (e.g: how many milage usage) from the shop. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The bike itself. Yeah there is but I don't really wanna go back because the workshop sucks?

Bro. U pay $ to buy a bike Fr tat shop. U discover a prob. So go bk n ask abt it nicely to them. Hw can a exhaust b empty? Btw, hw u chk it cos frankly i dono hw. If the exhaust is really empty, hw can it pass the nxt inspectn nxt time? It shld b damn loud! Dono if yr bike may attract LTA or TP officers on the road. Brg tis point to the shop boss nicely. We hav to talk reasons in tis society. If really LL tat shop hack care, then let evry bikers here knw the name of the shop lo. U may also wana brg tis issue to CASE s last resort. But hw long hav u bought tis bike? V recently? If some time oledi, others may wonder y u take so long then brg tis up. Kindly let all of us knw the details so we can help u.

Bro. U pay $ to buy a bike Fr tat shop. U discover a prob. So go bk n ask abt it nicely to them. Hw can a exhaust b empty? Btw, hw u chk it cos frankly i dono hw. If the exhaust is really empty, hw can it pass the nxt inspectn nxt time? It shld b damn loud! Dono if yr bike may attract LTA or TP officers on the road. Brg tis point to the shop boss nicely. We hav to talk reasons in tis society. If really LL tat shop hack care, then let evry bikers here knw the name of the shop lo. U may also wana brg tis issue to CASE s last resort. But hw long hav u bought tis bike? V recently? If some time oledi, others may wonder y u take so long then brg tis up. Kindly let all of us knw the details so we can help u.

I was in the same position. When i bought my SP, the forks were dented, the brake pump got problem, wiring also melted, so battery was not being charged. Took leave to go back to shop to do up, they didn't bother to change out the parts, just worked on it and after some work here and there, say the bike can still be ridden, then shoo me out. After a couple of days, the faulty parts gave problem again. End up i just gave up and replaced everything myself at my friend's mech. Many shops out there, their warranty is like no warranty one, just say to song song only, part of their sales pitch. You must remember, you are buying a 10+yr old SP, not a 2015 BMW1000RR. Don't expect the shops to kowtow to you. Worst thing was that the shop i bought for is a major player in the market here in Singapore, yet, the service attitude leaves much to be desired. Learnt my lesson and bought from direct owner for my current bike instead.

RIDE.

I was in the same position. When i bought my SP, the forks were dented, the brake pump got problem, wiring also melted, so battery was not being charged. Took leave to go back to shop to do up, they didn't bother to change out the parts, just worked on it and after some work here and there, say the bike can still be ridden, then shoo me out. After a couple of days, the faulty parts gave problem again. End up i just gave up and replaced everything myself at my friend's mech. Many shops out there, their warranty is like no warranty one, just say to song song only, part of their sales pitch. You must remember, you are buying a 10+yr old SP, not a 2015 BMW1000RR. Don't expect the shops to kowtow to you. Worst thing was that the shop i bought for is a major player in the market here in Singapore, yet, the service attitude leaves much to be desired. Learnt my lesson and bought from direct owner for my current bike instead.

Quite agree w u. Sometimes buy bike/car from 2nd hand shop is a form of luck too. But I think the exhaust empty can b easily settled. The owner still hav to sort it out w the shop. C if by topping up abit can settle the whole prob. If I were him, I d choose a bz time to go n talk. Even if the shop don settle it, other customers at least gt to knw abt it.

Sometimes its quite hard to say who right who wrong. 2nd hand bike tends to hav more prob, esp existing ones. But shop when sell the bike still mus at least hav a form of responsibility. When the owner test the bike, didn't he feel it exceptionally loud since it is empty?

Asked several workshops alr, they said its empty. Idk how but they knock they know..

Just got it last month and it's under warranty for a month.. I'll drop by the place where I bought it from and try to talk it out.

I feel you brah

Hi everyone, I'm 18 this year, currently taking my 2B license at SSDC now and intend to get a SP once I get my license, I'm currently doing my prac 4, I am hoping to get my license by March-April 2016. Anything to look out for when buying? I'll be going to view with a friend but just want some tips from seniors here. I intend to buy with my own money so would like to know roughly how much would insurance cost and for maintenance when and what to do, where would be best shop to go? I live at Hougang, Lorong Ah Soo side. I look to set aside 3.2k for machine, atleast $500 if any problems come up and $800+ for insurance? People actually advised me to get something else more safer but then I'm the type who ride what you like if not don't ride at all, I intend to ride untill my class 2 license, only looking to upgrade to an R6 once I finish my poly + NS. Thanks :)

Edited by furyx

Hi everyone, I'm 18 this year, currently taking my 2B license at SSDC now and intend to get a SP once I get my license, I'm currently doing my prac 4, I am hoping to get my license by March-April 2016. Anything to look out for when buying? I'll be going to view with a friend but just want some tips from seniors here. I intend to buy with my own money so would like to know roughly how much would insurance cost and for maintenance when and what to do, where would be best shop to go? I live at Hougang, Lorong Ah Soo side. I look to set aside 3.2k for machine, atleast $500 if any problems come up and $800+ for insurance? People actually advised me to get something else more safer but then I'm the type who ride what you like if not don't ride at all, I intend to ride untill my class 2 license, only looking to upgrade to an R6 once I finish my poly + NS. Thanks :)

Welcome to biking community. Think now good ones are hard to come by because it is an old bike. My advise is to get a 4 stroke.

If you insist on getting one below are a few tips:

1. Check the condition of the chain and sprockets. Chains can kink if not lubed frequently. Look for wear on sprockets. If it look like sharks fin most probably the front will be the same. Abt $220 to replace depend on what type of chain you get.

2. Look for any corrosion and play on the rear hub. If it corrodes, you have no chance to adjust the hub. $180 to replace.

3. Check for fork seal leak. Bounce the suspension see got any oil residue on the tubes. Do a fork service if you bought the bike. High chance previous owner never change the oil before. Mine was dried up when I did my 1st service.

4. Check for straightness of the forks by looking down on the top yoke.

5. RC valve. Check if the bike can rev more than 6k rpm.

6. Brake fluid. If like teh o like that your master cylinder components might be corroded

Is a NGK Iridium Spark Plug efficient and better than the Non-Iridium spark plug , does it really improve overall performance on a NSR150SP?

For a fact, iridium spark plugs last longer. Normal spark plugs last 10000km if the engine is tuned properly.

Increased performance? Hummm... Don't know.

Is a NGK Iridium Spark Plug efficient and better than the Non-Iridium spark plug , does it really improve overall performance on a NSR150SP?

Yes, it will if you increase your carb performance too. U must havw better petrol suply to burn.

U have good plug but petrol supply no improvement, so no performance improvement

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

http://www.amague.com/ps/krr.jpg

Thanks alot, took a screenshot. Next time when I go view the bike will take note. My cousin who is 18 too, got his SP few months back and he paid 1.4k for his insurance at NTUC. Is it really that expensive? I was thinking roughly 800-1k

It was $888 when I bought my 3rd party insurance. That was like what... 5 years ago. Haha... I feel old now

As Rom mentioned, i would suggest getting 4-stroke instead. But if mind really set on SP, then you need to be more meticulous with the checking.

In addition to what Rom mentioned,

1. Bounce on the bike while sitting on it to check the suspension. If you sit down heavily on it, and the bike bounces back up a little, but doesn't throw you off, then it's good. If it doesn't bounce up, means suspension gone case. If it bounces you off the seat, then suspension too hard. SP suspension non-adjustable.

2. Check frame for damage markers like scratches or dents. Most SP on the roads now have had accidents at one point or another. The last thing you want is to end up with a bent frame or dented frame.

3. Run your finger along the brake discs, feel for unevenness. If it's uneven, means brake discs may be warped.

4. Important for nowadays, make sure the SP has stock parts. Recently on 26th dec night, many bikes kena ambushed at Yishun dam and kena impound cos of illegal mods. Even licence plate sticker form in slightly wrong font and size also kena aim. Unless you don't mind buying your own stock parts or willing to risk.

5. Check fairing for cracks or missing screws. Those are indicative that the fairing alignment with the frame is off.

6. Insurance for new rider under 21yo is $1k plus. From what i heard, only NTUC take that age group. Direct Asia and Tokio Marine don't take. Even 25+yo new rider also $800 plus for SP, but 25+yo can go for direct asia which is cheaper.

7. To save money, go for direct seller, instead of going to shop. Also, for viewing, bring experienced person to go with you. Someone who has been riding a few years, and preferably rode SP before.

RIDE.

Iridium plug good. Burn with 98 fuel shiok. But on SP, normal plug and 95 fuel good enough.

All along i use normal plugs with 98 fuel on my SP. I've seen a couple of pictures of SP piston kena a hole burnt through due to using iridium plugs. Mech also recommend me to use normal plugs on SP because of that.

RIDE.