SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually.........

Battery is to store charge. Magnet coil is to charge your battery. Rectifier is to control the voltage so your magnet coil don't overcharge your battery.

If you blip throttle, voltage goes up, means magnet coil is fine. Don't go up means magnet coil spoil.

If you blip throttle, and you voltage exceeds 15V, means rectifier spoil.

If rectifier and magnet coil both ok, but battery is below 11V consistently despite riding everyday, means battery spoil.

Hi bro. Thks for clarification n elaboration. For my case, lucky jus the rectifier. If magnet coil I gg burn a big hole in my wallet tat time. But still cost me abt 90+. NT the original one.

Hi Seniors, are you the original stock rider footrests? If yes, then which kind of the side stand that you are using it? The original stock side stand or the chrome type (which the 'V' shape lever near the end of the stand leg around 45 angle)?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Seniors, are you the original stock rider footrests? If yes, then which kind of the side stand that you are using it? The original stock side stand or the chrome type (which the 'V' shape lever near the end of the stand leg around 45 angle)?

Hi bro. I still using orig foot rests Fr day1. S for side stand, it broke once. So I go to shop at bukit merah there chg, it also resembles or exactly same s orig. Cost abt 30+ tat time abt 10y ago.

Is there a relations bet side stand n foot rests? Don quite get u.

Hi bro. I still using orig foot rests Fr day1. S for side stand, it broke once. So I go to shop at bukit merah there chg, it also resembles or exactly same s orig. Cost abt 30+ tat time abt 10y ago.

Is there a relations bet side stand n foot rests? Don quite get u.

Hi bro, the reason about the side stand to park the bike. Normally you will push the lever 'V' shape (may be other shape) of side stand down to park the bike. As for mine is when the side stand lift up the lever 'V' shape was underneath the rider footrests which is not easy to push down the stand to park the bike (after had change to original stock rider footrests set) also I did see it before (which is a original stock rider footrests) other SP using this kind "Chrome colour" stand below

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/ea5b4889331b5425ab0c88e2480729ab.jpg

which is not a original stock side stand. I'm thinking the lever 'V' shape could be at the end of the footrest after lift up the stand & easy to push down stand too.

I'm planning to get original stock side stand but base on the SP manual that the lever 'V' shape is in between the Gear pedal & footrest when lift up tge side stand. Right?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/7b95f44d5c918cae285d19cd79294ad5.jpg

Just wondering the question is during the riding when the foot doing gear shifting up gear will it be hit the lever 'V' shape stand. :rolleyes:

Edited by FireGunz

Hi bro, the reason about the side stand to park the bike. Normally you will push the lever 'V' shape (may be other shape) of side stand down to park the bike. As for mine is when the side stand lift up the lever 'V' shape was underneath the rider footrests which is not easy to push down the stand to park the bike (after had change to original stock rider footrests set) also I did see it before (which is a original stock rider footrests) other SP using this kind "Chrome colour" stand below

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/ea5b4889331b5425ab0c88e2480729ab.jpg

which is not a original stock side stand. I'm thinking the lever 'V' shape could be at the end of the footrest after lift up the stand & easy to push down stand too.

I'm planning to get original stock side stand but base on the SP manual that the lever 'V' shape is in between the Gear pedal & footrest when lift up tge side stand. Right?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/09/7b95f44d5c918cae285d19cd79294ad5.jpg

Just wondering the question is during the riding when the foot doing gear shifting up gear will it be hit the lever 'V' shape stand. :rolleyes:

Okie bro.The orig one def don hav tis prob blocking u kicking the gear. The chrome type based on design("v" is quite near the end)will def cause some prob when u wana bring it down. Try to stick to orig parts or design, else u will hav tis kind of issue. S I mentioned b4, I get mine at bukit merah 1 bike shop. I think big /popularbike shops will also sell it, but may nd to order in advance. Until nw my 2nd side stand still v strong, hopefully. 😁

Hi Seniors, does anyone use the Reserve Tank before? Just curious it the Reserve Tank is the "Coolant container" (next to the 2T Oil container under the rider sit. Right?)

As my "Coolant container" is seem like currently empty so does it need to be added... if so what does need? just add a pure coolant (the car coolants or other...) 😄

Thank. 😉

Hi Seniors, above post that quote about the coolant container it seem like it happen it again "empty" after had top up the coolant around 3 month ago. :eek:

By the way, how long does the coolant lasts normally... three month, half year or a year? :rolleyes:

Hi Seniors, above post that quote about the coolant container it seem like it happen it again "empty" after had top up the coolant around 3 month ago. :eek:

By the way, how long does the coolant lasts normally... three month, half year or a year? :rolleyes:

Definately need coolant inside. Check for leaking after ur ride. If u see coolant on the floor, it means somewhere is leaking. Most often is the coolant cap or choke somewhere resulting in poor circulation.

Coolant can usually last 6 months to see some level dropping and ask ur bike shop top up for u(usually free)

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

Definately need coolant inside. Check for leaking after ur ride. If u see coolant on the floor, it means somewhere is leaking. Most often is the coolant cap or choke somewhere resulting in poor circulation.

Coolant can usually last 6 months to see some level dropping and ask ur bike shop top up for u(usually free)

Noted. Thank bro jokerdefar for the advise. :)

Tats v abnormal. Normally yr coolant reservoir will NT b empty. But 1st thing 1st wana verify. Did u top up the radiator cap side (below yr right handle bar), then top up yr coolant reservoir(under yr seat)? Both mus b top up lei. If u only top up the coolant reservoir, most likely the coolant from yr reservoir (under the seat) will b "suck into" the radiator unit when yr bike is warm n running. Excess coolant will b throw back to the reservoir when yr bike cool down. Tats hw radiator system works, roughly.

It's unlike yr 2T, only top up in the reservoir under the seat.

But if both area is being top up b4, somewhere is leaking badly. Normally coolant is green color. So if leaks u can't miss it on the floor.

If I NT mistaken, my coolant level is at normal level aft many months of riding. Initially I always top up till half level at the reservoir. Every 1 yr I will drain the old coolant away(both areas) n replace new one. Yup, I uses car coolant. 5 litre per bot, abt 30+, premix. So u no nd to wori HW many parts of coolant (concentrated) nd to mix with water.

Tats v abnormal. Normally yr coolant reservoir will NT b empty. But 1st thing 1st wana verify. Did u top up the radiator cap side (below yr right handle bar), then top up yr coolant reservoir(under yr seat)? Both mus b top up lei. If u only top up the coolant reservoir, most likely the coolant from yr reservoir (under the seat) will b "suck into" the radiator unit when yr bike is warm n running. Excess coolant will b throw back to the reservoir when yr bike cool down. Tats hw radiator system works, roughly.

It's unlike yr 2T, only top up in the reservoir under the seat.

But if both area is being top up b4, somewhere is leaking badly. Normally coolant is green color. So if leaks u can't miss it on the floor.

If I NT mistaken, my coolant level is at normal level aft many months of riding. Initially I always top up till half level at the reservoir. Every 1 yr I will drain the old coolant away(both areas) n replace new one. Yup, I uses car coolant. 5 litre per bot, abt 30+, premix. So u no nd to wori HW many parts of coolant (concentrated) nd to mix with water.

Noted. Thank bro. By the way, what is the brand of the car coolant that you are using it? :)

P.S: The coolant top up just at the coolant reservoir only by the mechanic around three months ago. :(

Edited by FireGunz

Noted. Thank bro. By the way, what is the brand of the car coolant that you are using it? :)

P.S: The coolant top up just at the coolant reservoir only by the mechanic around three months ago. :(

Hmmm. B4 yr mech top up the coolant at the reservoir, did u request him do a coolant change? Meaning did u ask him to flush out old n replace new coolant?

Meanwhile u may try to top up the coolant yrself. Do at the radiator cap side 1st. C if radiator is full or nt. Then fill up half full at reservoir side. Meantime did u notice any coolant leaks on the floor or temp high indicatn? I using Mitsubishi car coolant. Can get at any car spare part store.

Hmmm. B4 yr mech top up the coolant at the reservoir, did u request him do a coolant change? Meaning did u ask him to flush out old n replace new coolant?

Meanwhile u may try to top up the coolant yrself. Do at the radiator cap side 1st. C if radiator is full or nt. Then fill up half full at reservoir side. Meantime did u notice any coolant leaks on the floor or temp high indicatn? I using Mitsubishi car coolant. Can get at any car spare part store.

Noted. Thank bro. :o

Coolant reservoir should not be totally empty, there is a high and low line, so your excess coolant should be just nice in between. If totally empty then means need to top up water into your radiator. Wait for it to cool down at least 1hr without fan, or 30mins with fan blowing before you open the radiator cap, otherwise u will need bandage for your hand or worse, the hot water splash out.

Coolant flush once a year is ok, but every now and then u will need to top up water. Try to use distilled water, as normal tap water sometimes contains salts (small amount, but bad enough to cause corrosion). Normal Maxima Cool-aid coolant is good enough, don't need engine ice. Engine ice has additives to keep it from freezing in cold countries, that's all. Singapore climate no need.

RIDE.

2012 - 2015: Honda NSR150SP

2015 - current : Honda CBR600RR

Hi bros,

i just got my sp weeks ago, recently my sp does not have power when i throttle it. Any ideas whats the caused?

No power can be a lot of possibilities. To really tell you what is wrong not easy, unless you can tell us more about what you notice when you ride, the character of the bike.

Engine alone the health maybe not good. Parts worn out. Low compression = low power transmitted.

For 2-stroke bikes, common lack of power culprit is the exhaust pipe choked up.

RIDE.

Actually.........

Battery is to store charge. Magnet coil is to charge your battery. Rectifier is to control the voltage so your magnet coil don't overcharge your battery.

If you blip throttle, voltage goes up, means magnet coil is fine. Don't go up means magnet coil spoil.

If you blip throttle, and you voltage exceeds 15V, means rectifier spoil.

If rectifier and magnet coil both ok, but battery is below 11V consistently despite riding everyday, means battery spoil.

Hi Seniors, Paiseh. To check the voltage is AC or DC at meter.

Coolant reservoir should not be totally empty, there is a high and low line, so your excess coolant should be just nice in between. If totally empty then means need to top up water into your radiator. Wait for it to cool down at least 1hr without fan, or 30mins with fan blowing before you open the radiator cap, otherwise u will need bandage for your hand or worse, the hot water splash out.

Coolant flush once a year is ok, but every now and then u will need to top up water. Try to use distilled water, as normal tap water sometimes contains salts (small amount, but bad enough to cause corrosion). Normal Maxima Cool-aid coolant is good enough, don't need engine ice. Engine ice has additives to keep it from freezing in cold countries, that's all. Singapore climate no need.

Wow... cool explain. Thank bro. ;)

Hi Seniors, the SP headlight got original stock & after market so is there any difference?

Original stock is better. There are many complaints about aftermarket ones melting due to heat of the bulb.

RIDE.

Original stock is better. There are many complaints about aftermarket ones melting due to heat of the bulb.

I see... thank bro. By the way, any ideas about the original stock headlight price range? ;)

Edited by FireGunz

Yup, I currently using "chiong" one for abt 5 years. One of the front socket has melted (NT sure if bulb can fit in now), so only use 1 side for the time being. Cost 45$ tat time. Of course orig one is better but def cost much much exp hor. But hw we knw if orig is really orig unless go boon Siew buy. Aftermarket ones r v similar to orig at norm wkshops.