SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NSR150SP Riders

firesaint

Thanks alot, took a screenshot. Next time when I go view the bike will take note. My cousin who is 18 too, got his SP few months back and he paid 1.4k for his insurance at NTUC. Is it really that expensive? I was thinking roughly 800-1k

Try NT to take a bike loan if u can afford. Else if loan, shop require u take comprehensive insur which is close to 1.5k for new n young rider, For SP sports bike especially, the Insur is v ex. Take 3rd party, cheaper by abt 50% or more. Currently I knw only ntuc take SP. I hav ever try direct Asia a few years ago the online. Do not hav tis model. I call up they say they don insur tis. But hwever u can try again cos my time tat was a few years ago. Try compare a few insur co. But from wat I knw, ntuc by far cheapest for SP. Tats y I under ntuc until NW. Vehicle insur if no accident, yr premium jus burn n u gain nthing from it. I think 3rd party enugh la. No ND comprehensive. But of course there is pro n cons wif diff category of insur.

I m a SP rider. S u knw, tis bike by nw more than 10yo. COE bike don hope for too much. I hav seen a SP bike v recently wif new fairing design, disc brakes, brake pumps etc. I think he get Fr shop. HW much dono. But most imptly, try test drv n see,hear n feel any abnormalities. Try to kick start the bike yrself c if it start ez. Pull choke c if rpm up. I don think anyone wana kick start 20-30x jus to start a bike. Small thing but crucial. Check for any signs of leaks at engine side n engine blocks. Long time ago i ever c 1 poor fellow who jus bought SP recently n discover a pinhole leak in 1 of his engine block. While riding, smoke was coming out under his seat! I accompany him to 1 wkshop and discover tat pinhole gt 1 silicon glue covering it. Seems shop oledi knw n jus patch up n sell. Good luck to him.

SP if do normal servicing can last v long time. I did jus normal servicing (chg engine oil, coolant when due) is gd enugh. Of course wear tear things lik brake pads, tyres, bulbs etc is normal too. Did NT really spent alot of maint on tis bike during my years of riding. Only v recently, my rectifier konk, I tot batt flat. So chg it but flat again in days. In the end 3rd batt then discover rectifier prob n new type of IU unit prob. Other than tat, don hav big issues wif SP.

Most impt Ride safe. Tat will save u alot on unnecessary summons n accident repairs.

• Replies 140.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wait4me

• lwfc

• MC28

• garfieldrox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the really helpful pointers, I guess I'll have to bring someone experienced along as I don't think I know how to check all of it. Really appreciate the help btw, My cousin is 18 too and he took insurance from NTUC too, cost him 1.4k. I plan to get from people 2nd hand and pay full cash.

Thanks for the really helpful pointers, I guess I'll have to bring someone experienced along as I don't think I know how to check all of it. Really appreciate the help btw, My cousin is 18 too and he took insurance from NTUC too, cost him 1.4k. I plan to get from people 2nd hand and pay full cash.

New bike n Coe bikes there is a big diff. Don hope too much. I guess u will b getting yr 2A lic in future. So tis SP u getting at least ND to ride for abt 1.5years. Yr budget is quite ok. Enugh to cover the full cost, road tax n insur. Mayb some miscellaneous thingy to spend lik bike cover, helmet,camera.

Take note of the condition of the 2 tyres. If gg to botak or tyres manuf date gg expire(norm 4yr from date of manufacture stamped onto the tyres itself), u have to spend abt 300$ for a new set. Make sure the owner has the SP toolkits. Else u hav to go find the specific tools for yr SP. Esp the "C-tool" to tighten the chain at yr rear wheel side. Take note of the lightings. Esp the signal lights.

The thing abt getting an sp from my own experience - direct from owner probably best, even more so if he a malay guy (my theory). They really sayang their bikes rest assured. When I bought mine it was new paintwork & just overhauled with new piston, block, bearings etc. So all good... test ride also shiok. But dont forget, sp being >10 yrs old, the parts which did not give him problems before might start to breakdown & give you problems 1 by 1 later. So its a heng suey thing. Since my sp is going to be with me the next 3 yrs at least, i dun mind spending. Eventually will effectively get a "new" bike.

I went to Mr Tai Seng Kooi in Jb for full service. But I was surprised that he found a tiny chip in the piston near the lower ring area. He said must change. Must meh?? Almost cant notice it actually. And that piston abt a yr old only! That so small thing can cause problems meh?? Anyway total damage was rm 478. New piston, rings, pins, bearings, gaskets, plug, fully synthetic eo, clean carb & realignment of rc valve. Price quite goodlah... still less then sgd200 & get new piston somemore. In sg, piston alone is abt $180.

For piston change, is there a break in period also? How long or how many km??

@sporeknight - at axa, they wont even entertain you if you going to own sp unless you hv at least 1 yr riding experience. All other bikes can, but not sp. So I went straight to ntuc, no problem. Insurance go by age & no. of yrs road experience. Since i hv many yrs drvg exp so they give me cheap cheap - $366. I uncle lah! haha

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

The thing abt getting an sp from my own experience - direct from owner probably best, even more so if he a malay guy (my theory). They really sayang their bikes rest assured. When I bought mine it was new paintwork & just overhauled with new piston, block, bearings etc. So all good... test ride also shiok. But dont forget, sp being >10 yrs old, the parts which did not give him problems before might start to breakdown & give you problems 1 by 1 later. So its a heng suey thing. Since my sp is going to be with me the next 3 yrs at least, i dun mind spending. Eventually will effectively get a "new" bike.

I went to Mr Tai Seng Kooi in Jb for full service. But I was surprised that he found a tiny chip in the piston near the lower ring area. He said must change. Must meh?? Almost cant notice it actually. And that piston abt a yr old only! That so small thing can cause problems meh?? Anyway total damage was rm 478. New piston, rings, pins, bearings, gaskets, plug, fully synthetic eo, clean carb & realignment of rc valve. Price quite goodlah... still less then sgd200 & get new piston somemore. In sg, piston alone is abt $180.

@sporeknight - at axa, they wont even entertain you if you going to own sp unless you hv at least 1 yr riding experience. All other bikes can, but not sp. So I went straight to ntuc, no problem. Insurance go by age & no. of yrs road experience. Since i hv many yrs drvg exp so they give me cheap cheap - $366. I uncle lah! haha

Sorry bro, dont agree with you.

Not all like that. I met few seller last time, they modified heavily and some for me is not worth buying the bike despite race of owners.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

http://www.amague.com/ps/krr.jpg

Not all like that. I met few seller last time, they modified heavily and some for me is not worth buying the bike despite race of owners.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I suppose you cld b right too. Heng suey thing again. But i wld tend to trust a seller rather a shop.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Yes would take note, I intend to ride SP for 2-3 years, for now there isn't any 2A bikes that attract me. I intend to get a R6 in the future, probably when I'm about to finish my NS which is after my poly or maybe during my poly years.

u haven go army yet right ?? by then the bike would be of different price range,

the onli thing that would have gone down wil be your insurance as you age.

i suggest keeping the money aside till you are out of army .

So bro Jbdoggy, yr 366$ is comprehensive or 3rd party w ntuc? I REM if u take the "orange riding defensive course" which is sponsored by ntuc foc, u get another 10% rebates rite?

Bike tat is heavily modified pls b careful. certain things may NT pass inspectn n LTA on the road alwys look out for such things. Worse if they modified some electrical wiring, the bike may risk of short-circut n catch fire. I Nev modified my bike, at most paste stickers at fairing Nia.

So bro Jbdoggy, yr 366$ is comprehensive or 3rd party w ntuc? I REM if u take the "orange riding defensive course" which is sponsored by ntuc foc, u get another 10% rebates rite?

damn why they never tell me still got additional 10% ?

if i not wrong mine is third party with ntuc, but cost lesser then jbdoggy 366 . so i am older lol

if i not wrong mine is third party with ntuc, but cost lesser then jbdoggy 366 . so i am older lol

This so-called additional 10% discount is one-off only given in the form of riding defensive lesson last year. You must take and pass this defensive riding lesson at bbdc (3hr), both classrm lesson and practical lesson. If u pass, then you will receive a e-cert and use this for 10% discount on yr next premium. Mayb bro jbdoggy's insur is comprehensive 366$. Mine also 3rd party :arnd $140+ (max discount inclusive of 20% ncd). I guess I older la. 😎

This so-called additional 10% discount is one-off only given in the form of riding defensive lesson last year. You must take and pass this defensive riding lesson at bbdc (3hr), both classrm lesson and practical lesson. If u pass, then you will receive a e-cert and use this for 10% discount on yr next premium. Mayb bro jbdoggy's insur is comprehensive 366$. Mine also 3rd party :arnd $140+ (max discount inclusive of 20% ncd). I guess I older la. 😎

Really ah got 10% discount?? I attended the half day defensive riding course last mth at cdc just for fun & rcved my cert (hardcopy). My insurance is 3rd party fire & theft, not comprehensive. A few of my batchmates arnd same age bracket as me also less then 400. All the 20 somethings i got to know while learning around 800-900+, but for those who want sportbikes 1000+

So that means you, me & wait4me are the unkers herelah! hahahaha:D

Really ah got 10% discount?? I attended the half day defensive riding course last mth at cdc just for fun & rcved my cert (hardcopy). My insurance is 3rd party fire & theft, not comprehensive. A few of my batchmates arnd same age bracket as me also less then 400. All the 20 somethings i got to know while learning around 800-900+, but for those who want sportbikes 1000+

So that means you, me & wait4me are the unkers herelah! hahahaha:D

Yup uncle grp oledi. I rem my insur 3rd party arnd 2-300 range when I was 20s. Cant rem exactly HW much. NW my insur 140+ 3rd party only. Tats y more cheaper.

i think sporeknight older if based on insurance sum ...

last time mine was less then 160 then suddenly insurance increase at one point of time.

humm so that means sporeknight is the 16 year old ride bike to school wan ah .... motor siao era

i think sporeknight older if based on insurance sum ...

last time mine was less then 160 then suddenly insurance increase at one point of time.

humm so that means sporeknight is the 16 year old ride bike to school wan ah .... motor siao era

Heehee. No la bro Wait4me. I gt my lic at age 24. SP bike at 25. Initially take 3rd party wif fire theft. Then downgrade to 3rd party only. Paying for 100+ for many years w max discounts(ncd20% + loyalty with ntuc). 3rd party enugh Liao la. Play safe can up abit for fire theft.

Ride safe. Ppl bang u, they at fault, u claim their insur. U at fault, LL hav to do own repair n let opposite party claim yr insur lo.

Heehee. No la bro Wait4me. I gt my lic at age 24. SP bike at 25. Initially take 3rd party wif fire theft. Then downgrade to 3rd party only. Paying for 100+ for many years w max discounts(ncd20% + loyalty with ntuc). 3rd party enugh Liao la. Play safe can up abit for fire theft.

Ride safe. Ppl bang u, they at fault, u claim their insur. U at fault, LL hav to do own repair n let opposite party claim yr insur lo.

ooo earlier age that u get then me.

but becasue something happen at age 16 hence the dream faded as my dad gave me hell of a beating when he found out.

then army pay so low .. 240 nia...

but today ask u guys , will u ask another biker if u see that person remove his box and put on another bike if that is his bike ?

ooo earlier age that u get then me.

but becasue something happen at age 16 hence the dream faded as my dad gave me hell of a beating when he found out.

then army pay so low .. 240 nia...

but today ask u guys , will u ask another biker if u see that person remove his box and put on another bike if that is his bike ?

240$? U mean during recruit time rite? I will alwys REM tat magic number. I think bro, u n me belong to abt same era. Haha.

U mean somebody remove the box from a stranger bike and put on his own self bike? Hw u knw both bikes don belong to him? Hwever if u feel something fishy, jus rem tat person bike no plate where he put the box onto. Nwadys to avoid misunderstanding in tis society, I wont go n confront unless u r damn sure u r correct. Else u jus make a fool of yrself. Tio Bo?

Hi people, just got my license. Planning to get an SP and i've been calling and visiting several shops but to no avail. Any recommendation to which shop i should head to next? Thanks.

Chk out some bike forums in the internet c who selling SP, at the very least chk the prices. Internet online purchase more cheaper as shop wana earn commission as well as interest loan. Las resort then shops.

Chk out some bike forums in the internet c who selling SP, at the very least chk the prices. Internet online purchase more cheaper as shop wana earn commission as well as interest loan. Las resort then shops.

The thing is i can't really afford paying lump sum. As my insurance is expensive, i would rather pay by installment which is by shops. Any to recommend?

240$? U mean during recruit time rite? I will alwys REM tat magic number. I think bro, u n me belong to abt same era. Haha.

U mean somebody remove the box from a stranger bike and put on his own self bike? Hw u knw both bikes don belong to him? Hwever if u feel something fishy, jus rem tat person bike no plate where he put the box onto. Nwadys to avoid misunderstanding in tis society, I wont go n confront unless u r damn sure u r correct. Else u jus make a fool of yrself. Tio Bo?

u also 240 ah lol. magical number still in the head ...

ok scenario is i remove my box to put it on another bike . this biker saw .. and ask me

your bike ah , which in my mind feels the way he ask is so rude.

half a mind to say no ..

and then after which i say yeah .

then he proceeds to ask why never ride??

i reply lazy..

Hi people, just got my license. Planning to get an SP and i've been calling and visiting several shops but to no avail. Any recommendation to which shop i should head to next? Thanks.

saving u for the future, look for something else .

Hi all, Wanna ask something, been riding my SP for almost half a year since buying from a buyer who had it for a year, spent a lump sum on repairing since previous owner didn't take care of the bike before I took over from him. Is there a need to do anything to the internals of the bike like the engine and gearbox? Feels fine to me when riding although I don't really know how a good condition sp should feel like in the first place. Cause wanna save the money on changing the harness and brake rotors instead.