• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

What are the procedures to de-registrating a bike? Any important things I should look out for?

Hi all, sorry if I posted in the wrong forum category.

I am relatively new rider, and my bike's COE ends in May. The bike is eligible for the $3500 NEA rebate as well.
As I have never done it before, can someone guide me through the process? Also, are there any specific important things to look out for
in case I get cheated or get into trouble etc. 

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
18 hours ago, irnsck said:

Hi all, sorry if I posted in the wrong forum category.

I am relatively new rider, and my bike's COE ends in May. The bike is eligible for the $3500 NEA rebate as well.
As I have never done it before, can someone guide me through the process? Also, are there any specific important things to look out for
in case I get cheated or get into trouble etc. 

Thanks!

@irnsck

Once you deregister the motorcycle, the S$3,500 will be automatically credited to you as you are the registered owner of the motorcycle.

1) Bike Shop

If you want the easy route, just go to a bike shop, they will handle the paperwork, deregistration, export/scrapping, etc for you and pay you cash. This might also work out better if you are trading in for a new motorcycle as they can work on the pricing for you.

2) DIY

If you want to go the more difficult route (you might get a little bit more money), then you have:

1) Deregister your motorcycle through the link below with your SingPass

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/digitalservices/de-register-vehicle.html

2) Bring your motorcycle to an LTA approved scrapyard OR exporter and negotiate price with them for your motorcycle

Good luck!

P.S. Are you replacing your existing motorcycle with another one?

Also if you are worried the shop/yard/exporter cheats you, then shop around and get a quotation from several businesses before making a decision.