SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Failing figure 8 >10 times

noobie2k22

On 2/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, adesmond2 said:

chill.. normal bah.. I chatted up with a few riders.. some of them using auto.. so very diff.. some never ride.. so completely understood..

Yes.. this is the norm.. there's no official criteria.. but as long the instructor see you happy, you will pass.. but soon.. the "official" method of full digital will come very soon.. and there's no see you happy pass.. it's just strictly right OR wrong.. that's all.

I think it's all very subjective to attitude towards instructors and the way you ride? As long got 1-2 "pass" timing, usually instructors are quite okay with it.. Btw.. this log here is about my CL2 journey in CDC.. let's not flood here with SSDC figure 8 failures.. LOL...

Since all those unrelated to my journey in CDC.. I've managed to merge them with this topic instead.. :) 

any idea when the digital thingy going to start ?

I gg to sign up for CL2 next week...

On 2/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, kitsura said:

I suspect they have different criteria based on age and gender. I saw someone who was doing CR can still fall of bike at s-course. If you are going for test or clear lesson 3 I would expect minimum standard of clearing s-course. Granted my s-course not my strongest obstacle but I have never dropped or fallen of my 2A bike. 2B I've crashed many times even fractured my rib. But 2A not even once.

maybe their 2B was from overseas? alot of country bike license not hard to get. So it could be their first time doing all these challenge courses. haha

i remember some older folks told me they converted their license from overseas and was given class 2 immediately because the were already riding bigger bikes. 

Now i think regardless TP will only give 2B first. 

7 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/driving-test-in-2023-may-not-use-assessor-cameras-sensors-will-examine-drivers

this year was the promise.... i would think they would likely be ready in Sep/Oct since they are still trialing in the school haha... faster take and faster clear before it gets crazy

11 hours ago, Siphon said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/driving-test-in-2023-may-not-use-assessor-cameras-sensors-will-examine-drivers

this year was the promise.... i would think they would likely be ready in Sep/Oct since they are still trialing in the school haha... faster take and faster clear before it gets crazy

Oh no.... I can only take from july n i doubt my leg will recover fully by then... 😥

11 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Oh no.... I can only take from july n i doubt my leg will recover fully by then... 😥

who knows? maybe its easier? cause now you just need to do the physical action at a certain point. Not just subjected to whether the tester sees it? hahaha its now factual and not just subjected to the human already ahhaha... 

4 hours ago, Siphon said:

who knows? maybe its easier? cause now you just need to do the physical action at a certain point. Not just subjected to whether the tester sees it? hahaha its now factual and not just subjected to the human already ahhaha... 

True in a sense but machines do cock up too.. actually SG shld adopt like taiwan or china's test.. everyone gets 2 chances at the test.. if u fail then immediately retest.. fail 2nd time then u come back again.. else like so stress lor..

On 2/3/2023 at 11:04 PM, kitsura said:

Yes they are installing cameras and "testing" I'm going to quickly clear my CL2 hopefully before they implement. If they are really using cameras to mark then nothing will escape them in the future. It would be like football with VAR, can replay in event of any contest.

Indeed..  hopefully they dun add in a clause like, despite you pass your TP, your license can be taken back within 7 days if there's mismatch information. that one = 100% F* up.. 😂

On 2/4/2023 at 4:45 PM, Pisces44 said:

below.. 

On 2/5/2023 at 12:07 AM, Siphon said:

maybe their 2B was from overseas? alot of country bike license not hard to get. So it could be their first time doing all these challenge courses. haha

i remember some older folks told me they converted their license from overseas and was given class 2 immediately because the were already riding bigger bikes. 

Now i think regardless TP will only give 2B first. 

those were the days.. CL2 given out.. but they also wan to learn money.. so now all 2B ONLY.... Official reasoning.. - irregardless what license you obtain overseas, if wan to ride bigger cc bike, you will still need to obtain the license from us as you intend to ride our bikes in our country.. 

On 2/5/2023 at 12:18 AM, Siphon said:

waaa.. you are fast.. I didn't really google up.. but now.. can go and see see.. LOL..

19 hours ago, Nakuru said:

can la.. just go enroll first and later then check.. LOL..

8 hours ago, Siphon said:

😂 now on trial.. hopefully when it officially started.. will give chance lor..

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

True in a sense but machines do cock up too.. actually SG shld adopt like taiwan or china's test.. everyone gets 2 chances at the test.. if u fail then immediately retest.. fail 2nd time then u come back again.. else like so stress lor..

😂 TP fees * 2.. hahahaha...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

20 hours ago, Nakuru said:

What happened to your leg??

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Taiwan's test so easy. Ours is copied from Japan which happens to be hardest in the world.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, kitsura said:

What happened to your leg??

Taiwan's test so easy. Ours is copied from Japan which happens to be hardest in the world.

she accident..

wooo... shag.. but no choice bah... haix...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

Just now, kitsura said:

I can relate. During one 2b lesson I fell and broke one of my right rib. Was hurting for almost a month.

Ouch... Hope u had seen a doc for it and check with the driving center if u can claim insurance..

For me, I skidded while cornering at the expressway n kneeled onto a rock which chip off my knee cap and severed my tendon.. due to the skin damaged, doc cut away the whole area and had to do a muscle flap cover surgery + skin graft from my thigh.. hospitalised for 16 days and went thru 3 surgeries.. bedridden for 3 months and wheelchair bound for abt 5 mths.. it is now 6mths+ and im still limping 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Ouch... Hope u had seen a doc for it and check with the driving center if u can claim insurance..

For me, I skidded while cornering at the expressway n kneeled onto a rock which chip off my knee cap and severed my tendon.. due to the skin damaged, doc cut away the whole area and had to do a muscle flap cover surgery + skin graft from my thigh.. hospitalised for 16 days and went thru 3 surgeries.. bedridden for 3 months and wheelchair bound for abt 5 mths.. it is now 6mths+ and im still limping 😂😂😂

That was so long ago, yours sounds much worse... although I also fractured multiple bones while skidding on expressway exit on a rainy day. Now I prefer to take Grab or public transport when it rains...safer that way.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

high side or low side?

16 minutes ago, kitsura said:

I can relate. During one 2b lesson I fell and broke one of my right rib. Was hurting for almost a month.

sorry to relive the memory but may i ask which station was this at? or on road? 

i saw one 2B trainee lose control and had a long slide along the kerb during slalom. Fortunately no injury

12 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

high side or low side?

i saw one 2B trainee lose control and had a long slide along the kerb during slalom. Fortunately no injury

Low side during S-course. Nowadays I seldom push my limits at that station and would rather just eat the points even though I was regularly leaning so much until my my crash bar scrapped the floor during 2B. Passing with 0 points or 18 points also the same so no need to push.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitsura said:

Low side during S-course. Nowadays I seldom push my limits at that station and would rather just eat the points even though I was regularly leaning so much until my my crash bar scrapped the floor during 2B. Passing with 0 points or 18 points also the same so no need to push.

i enjoyed doing s-course so much that one of the friendly instructors told me that below 11s is enough to pass, don't need below 9. Not that i was anywhere near a sub-9 lol

the problem for me was the adrenalin rush from s -course didn't fit the crank-course so had to take a few breaths in-between to calm down.

8 hours ago, kitsura said:

waa.. yours sounded bad.. Rib cage does heal faster but hurts like hell while breathing right? that's what I heard from my family member who broke theirs.

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

2 more days we can see you limping with your rabbit ears.. haha.. 😂 😛

8 hours ago, kitsura said:

That was so long ago, yours sounds much worse... although I also fractured multiple bones while skidding on expressway exit on a rainy day. Now I prefer to take Grab or public transport when it rains...safer that way.

waaa.. you ride fast ah... slower bro.. 

7 hours ago, kitsura said:

agreed.. 0 or 18 points as long no immediate failure will do.. :) 

6 hours ago, shiba2b said:

i enjoyed doing s-course so much that one of the friendly instructors told me that below 11s is enough to pass, don't need below 9. Not that i was anywhere near a sub-9 lol

the problem for me was the adrenalin rush from s -course didn't fit the crank-course so had to take a few breaths in-between to calm down.

LOL.. agreed.. while doing my revision.. I still remember.. just go only.. haha..

7 hours ago, shiba2b said:

I hated doing s-course on the Super4. The throttle is just too sensitive and causes too much jerking or maybe I just don't like FI bikes since mine is a carburetor one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kitsura said:

I hated doing s-course on the Super4. The throttle is just too sensitive and causes too much jerking or maybe I just don't like FI bikes since mine is a carburetor one.

u mean the jerk when throttle initially opens from 0% to say 3%?

i've not ridden S4 but i've had a few hours training on CBR500, CB500X and CB500F. What we were taught is have throttle constant slightly open throughout corners and use rear brake throughout the corner to control speed and lean angle. i think BBDC teaches this too, except the CB190R is too slow to really require rear brake in s-course

FI = fuel injection right? not forced induction lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kitsura said:

I believe FI bikes are more sensitive and they have harder engine brakes.. so no choice bah..  carb always have a "opening" for petrol.. so engine brake is lesser..

1 minute ago, shiba2b said:

i've not ridden S4 but i've had a few hours training on CBR500, CB500X and CB500F. What we were taught is have throttle constant slightly open throughout corners and use rear brake throughout the corner to control speed and lean angle. i think BBDC teaches this too, except the CB190R is too slow to really require rear brake in s-course

Yup.. throttle slightly open.. FI bikes has to do that.. carb no need.. hahaha.. cuz carb already have it open.. but they often say.. waste petrol.. and etc etc..

😂

9 hours ago, shiba2b said:

high side or low side?

Wat u mean high or low? The stone that went in? Below the knee cap

I lose control quite alot of time when i was taking 2B oso 😅

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

2 more days we can see you limping with your rabbit ears.. haha.. 😂 😛

:( Anyway U going from where? If punggol then we can meet n go down.. need to go home chg into riding stuff n take the bike.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

:( Anyway U going from where? If punggol then we can meet n go down.. need to go home chg into riding stuff n take the bike.. 

can can.. WhatsApp me lor.. 

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

Yes fuel injection. I am not aware of any forced induction motorcycles, I don't even know if it is possible. I am not sure about MotoGP engines but all their technology will never make in into production bikes. Their clutch itself costs too much to manufacture.

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

U noe where i stay right.. come to my carpark n wait for us la.. hahaha

can can

• Like 1