Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My Class 2 Journey at CDC year 2023 Pricing inclusive


Recommended Posts

Erm for those thinking about class 2 at SSDC. 

1. That bare bone "class 2" is lighter than S4. So if you can't pick up S4 dont' worry its lighter. 

2. The main stand is quite easy to set up maybe cause its been used so many times. make sure your SHOE SOLE is hard one. Not those soft gel type... 

3. Its all in the technique, get the correct posture, leg position, butt position. And its all in the backward motion. Not much strength needed really. 

The metal guards actually makes the bike alot easier to pick up. I've try putting my GS (250kg) on the ground and picking it up so i won't panic if i really drop it... Its heavy but manageable and it was FULL fuel also... should have done it when its almost empty hahaha extra 15-18 kg at the top side... 

 

skip to 3:00. Good tips there. The rest are how u can set up the bike to have protection all over so when you accidently drop it everything will be intact. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Siphon said:

Erm for those thinking about class 2 at SSDC. 

1. That bare bone "class 2" is lighter than S4. So if you can't pick up S4 dont' worry its lighter. 

2. The main stand is quite easy to set up maybe cause its been used so many times. make sure your SHOE SOLE is hard one. Not those soft gel type... 

3. Its all in the technique, get the correct posture, leg position, butt position. And its all in the backward motion. Not much strength needed really. 

The metal guards actually makes the bike alot easier to pick up. I've try putting my GS (250kg) on the ground and picking it up so i won't panic if i really drop it... Its heavy but manageable and it was FULL fuel also... should have done it when its almost empty hahaha extra 15-18 kg at the top side... 

 

skip to 3:00. Good tips there. The rest are how u can set up the bike to have protection all over so when you accidently drop it everything will be intact. 

 

 

this is in real life when you pull up your bike.. at CDC.. you can't use this method.. have to be their method.. 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Siphon said:

Curious what does CDC method look like? 

both hands on handlebar.. use side hip and push with leg.. go down same method..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

both hands on handlebar.. use side hip and push with leg.. go down same method..

Eww… still this lousy backbreaking method ah… I almost sprain my wrist doing this when I tried with my gs 😂😂😂 way too heavy. 
 

I tried the single handlebar method also… all takes a lot of strength and height also. If not tall enough those won’t work

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 7:55 AM, adesmond2 said:

To make sure you are strong enough to hold a CL2 or your bike's weight.

One of the test is also to push a CL2 around the circuit.. (For CL2 only)

If bike taller than me and I cannot flat foot, i wonder how to mount the the bike ......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, apogeeXX said:

If bike taller than me and I cannot flat foot, i wonder how to mount the the bike ......

erm... one leg up first hahah... i have a fellow GS rider doing that... 

Edited by Siphon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2023 at 8:23 PM, apogeeXX said:

If bike taller than me and I cannot flat foot, i wonder how to mount the the bike ......

 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:32 PM, Siphon said:

erm... one leg up first hahah... i have a fellow GS rider doing that... 

yeah yeah.. this method only.. I saw before a lady about 1.6 about 50kg or lesser.. did manage to push down and up.. the problem is "main stand" cuz too light weight.. I remember she pass (during my 2A) and she used the "rocking" method for main stand ...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

 

yeah yeah.. this method only.. I saw before a lady about 1.6 about 50kg or lesser.. did manage to push down and up.. the problem is "main stand" cuz too light weight.. I remember she pass (during my 2A) and she used the "rocking" method for main stand ...

best example haha... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Siphon said:

best example haha... 

Need to have more leg days to train up the muscle to do this.. n need alot of stamina oso.. riding is always not an issue.. riding off n stopping is the issue.. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated on simulations (Total run time about 13-15mins per session)

Lesson 1 - Getting used to the simulation - 5-10min trial + abit of riding/ turn left and right with not much sudden obstacles. (Tap brake lights to warn vehicle from behind)

Lesson 2 - Overtake vehicle safety + looking further (right side got truck beat red light) + keeping a safe distance (Truck infront jam brake).

Lesson 3 - avoid obstacles (stop/tree branch) or go slowly (sand) and overtake the huge box that dropped out of a truck.

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think the drink driving part is nonsense.. hahaha.. regardless whether we ride properly or not, the car behind u will come n bang u n say u're at fault.. lolol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nakuru said:

I still think the drink driving part is nonsense.. hahaha.. regardless whether we ride properly or not, the car behind u will come n bang u n say u're at fault.. lolol

Keep tapping brake once you see the car comes nearer.. then you should be safe.. LOL...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

Keep tapping brake once you see the car comes nearer.. then you should be safe.. LOL...

Hmm.. when i go take 2A then i try.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Nakuru said:

I still think the drink driving part is nonsense.. hahaha.. regardless whether we ride properly or not, the car behind u will come n bang u n say u're at fault.. lolol

Yeah... I always think that if a drunk driver comes from behind... we won't have a life to even argue about who's at fault... That's why i'm always extra wary of riding in wee hours or on those pre holiday nights where you know some crazy people will drive after they drink. 

19 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

Keep tapping brake once you see the car comes nearer.. then you should be safe.. LOL...

I would recommend find another car that drives safely and go in front of it... at a safe distance of course... Those tailgaters will not go behind those slower cars hahaa...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Siphon said:

Yeah... I always think that if a drunk driver comes from behind... we won't have a life to even argue about who's at fault... That's why i'm always extra wary of riding in wee hours or on those pre holiday nights where you know some crazy people will drive after they drink. 

I would recommend find another car that drives safely and go in front of it... at a safe distance of course... Those tailgaters will not go behind those slower cars hahaa...

haix.. in real life.. that's the worse case scenario..

mine is simulation.. usually both side block by car.. so dun even think of "running".. LOL.. 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1st Feb 2023 (Wednesday) last slot at CDC

- went for Class 2 Lesson 2

- Figure 8 tried 4 times, only first time above 11s. The rest all 9-10.xx seconds.

(I still remembered one instructor told me or told someone gear 2, DUN brake, throttle abit, 100% pass) that's my 2nd attempt onwards Just remember the signal at diff points and clutch at the end of figure 8.

- E-brake  tried 4 times also.. all met passing mark except 1 time forget off signal, 1 time forget to on signal light before right leg down. (but did on signal light before my right leg touches the floor) 0 engine stall, 0 exceed line. Oh ya.. bumpy too fast.. =.='' Heard wrongly and thought supposed to go faster.. LOL... 

- We got 3 Class 2 -

1 Ang mo who off engine at every opportunity, "raise leg" while waiting. =.=''  But quite stable at every courses and etc.

1 lady rider who has last taken her lesson 1 back 2022 May.. (abit wobbly but manage to met timing at least once on all course.) 

1 - myself lor.. haha..

 

2A as usual, many of them (about 8?).. only 1 of them I could recall cuz we chatted on orientation.. :)

 

Overall all 2A and 2 pass Lesson 2. but instructor mentioned that all need to take preferable 2 CR (circuit revision). At the very least 1 if you feel confident. Improve on all timing and slow down on the bumpy course.. 

 

CL2 lesson 3 ALOT...

Circuit Revision - Limited

both booked and hopefully pass.. once pass it's waiting for TP already.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • adesmond2 changed the title to My Class 2 Journey at CDC year 2023 Pricing inclusive

Went for a revision on 6 Feb 2023... 

Felt alot more confident on the courses. 

Kept on repeating the courses that has no people.. until I really bored of it.. bored to the extend, almost can do it by heart liao.. haha..

Plank - just play only lor.. brake, clutch, release clutch.. keep on repeating to extend timing instead of the usual routine of "go only".. 

figure 8.. managed to go at least 2 rounds one shot, that means dun come out.. hahaha.. tried about 6-7 times only when all bikes are return.. haha.. first time see the queue at figure 8 got about 20-25 bikes.. 😂

E-brake.. at least 5 times? Brake until numb.. then bumpy.. 

slope 4 times also? Test route at least go around 4 times.. the rest I just "ride around".. 😂

Now wait for assessment day only...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

C2L3 - Assessment on 9 Feb 2023

Upon reaching, look around for familiar faces.. (none found)

Grab number tag 9, wear guards, pass book to instructor, go to training sherd and wait.. 

Declare bike number 231, start to push bike first (Class 2 only)

Push bike process flow - 

both hands on handlebar - fingers must be 4 fingers

push bike off main stand

slowly let the bike "lie on the floor", both hands away

push bike back up with both hands on handlebar (using hips and leg strength)

once bike is up, proceed on pushing bike to a figure 8 course.. Leg/bike cannot strike kerb or cones.

Bike must push back into the rectangle box. Only after you load the bike back to main stand, then pass.. :) 

 

1 round of warm up (familiarise with the bike you gotten) know where's the biting point, the brake force so that you wun accidentally over or under brake.

long story cut short - I pass with exactly 18 points! so now.. time for TP.. but TP date is really long.. end March to early April.. 😂 Checking leaves and will book the TP date on whichever my leave applies..

 

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

C2L3 - Assessment on 9 Feb 2023

Upon reaching, look around for familiar faces.. (none found)

Grab number tag 9, wear guards, pass book to instructor, go to training sherd and wait.. 

Declare bike number 231, start to push bike first (Class 2 only)

Push bike process flow - 

both hands on handlebar - fingers must be 4 fingers

push bike off main stand

slowly let the bike "lie on the floor", both hands away

push bike back up with both hands on handlebar (using hips and leg strength)

once bike is up, proceed on pushing bike to a figure 8 course.. Leg/bike cannot strike kerb or cones.

Bike must push back into the rectangle box. Only after you load the bike back to main stand, then pass.. :) 

 

1 round of warm up (familiarise with the bike you gotten) know where's the biting point, the brake force so that you wun accidentally over or under brake.

long story cut short - I pass with exactly 18 points! so now.. time for TP.. but TP date is really long.. end March to early April.. 😂 Checking leaves and will book the TP date on whichever my leave applies..

 

congrats oh! shld be no problem for u to pass the TP la 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2023 at 7:45 AM, adesmond2 said:

C2L3 - Assessment on 9 Feb 2023

Upon reaching, look around for familiar faces.. (none found)

Grab number tag 9, wear guards, pass book to instructor, go to training sherd and wait.. 

Declare bike number 231, start to push bike first (Class 2 only)

Push bike process flow - 

both hands on handlebar - fingers must be 4 fingers

push bike off main stand

slowly let the bike "lie on the floor", both hands away

push bike back up with both hands on handlebar (using hips and leg strength)

once bike is up, proceed on pushing bike to a figure 8 course.. Leg/bike cannot strike kerb or cones.

Bike must push back into the rectangle box. Only after you load the bike back to main stand, then pass.. :) 

 

1 round of warm up (familiarise with the bike you gotten) know where's the biting point, the brake force so that you wun accidentally over or under brake.

long story cut short - I pass with exactly 18 points! so now.. time for TP.. but TP date is really long.. end March to early April.. 😂 Checking leaves and will book the TP date on whichever my leave applies..

 

nice!!! funny how time is fast when its not you taking the test... but crawls when you're the one waiting for it hahahahahahaha all the best for the TP!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2023 at 11:05 AM, Siphon said:

nice!!! funny how time is fast when its not you taking the test... but crawls when you're the one waiting for it hahahahahahaha all the best for the TP!

agreed.. when you are looking at other people progression, it's fast.. but when you are the one waiting.. time really crawl.. 😂

 

On 2/10/2023 at 3:15 PM, Nakuru said:

congrats oh! shld be no problem for u to pass the TP la 

hope so lor.. waiting game.. really 2 months lor.. 😂

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2023 at 8:51 AM, adesmond2 said:

agreed.. when you are looking at other people progression, it's fast.. but when you are the one waiting.. time really crawl.. 😂

 

hope so lor.. waiting game.. really 2 months lor.. 😂

So when is the actual TP date ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

So when is the actual TP date ?

2 months = April lor

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2023 at 7:45 AM, adesmond2 said:

C2L3 - Assessment on 9 Feb 2023

Upon reaching, look around for familiar faces.. (none found)

Grab number tag 9, wear guards, pass book to instructor, go to training sherd and wait.. 

Declare bike number 231, start to push bike first (Class 2 only)

Push bike process flow - 

both hands on handlebar - fingers must be 4 fingers

push bike off main stand

slowly let the bike "lie on the floor", both hands away

push bike back up with both hands on handlebar (using hips and leg strength)

once bike is up, proceed on pushing bike to a figure 8 course.. Leg/bike cannot strike kerb or cones.

Bike must push back into the rectangle box. Only after you load the bike back to main stand, then pass.. :) 

 

1 round of warm up (familiarise with the bike you gotten) know where's the biting point, the brake force so that you wun accidentally over or under brake.

long story cut short - I pass with exactly 18 points! so now.. time for TP.. but TP date is really long.. end March to early April.. 😂 Checking leaves and will book the TP date on whichever my leave applies..

 

Congrats Congrat on Passing Assessment on 1st Try!!

Good Luck for the TP!!

I'm going for my CL2 starting April✌️

  • Like 1

95-96 Cagiva Freecia 7sp
97-98 FZR 400R 1EN
98-2000 FZR 400RR 3TJ
2001-2005 R6 01 stock
2006-2011 Ford Connect Van
2009-2012 Mitsubishi L200
2013-2015 Gilera Fuoco500
2015-2016 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
2018 Fiat Bravo
2021 Rieju 125cc SM
Other bikes LC4 620, Sportster 883, TZR 125, ZXR400, GSXR750

2B - Jan1995 2A - Oct1996 2 - Mar1998 3 - Nov2002 BDVL - Nov2011
3 - 2018, BDVL - May 2021, 2B - Feb2021, 2A - April 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • SingaporeBikes Banner-ShellBAU_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...