SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

Passed my prac 1 ( second try)

The feeling like can collect license like that... LOL. Thanks for all the tips and head ups. Any tips, pointers, advise on practical 2? Seems like a killer from what I read.

I didn't manage to attend my theory due to work and to rebook needs 8.00plus. On top of it, less than 48 hrs also cannot cancel. There goes, $8+ x 3.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Passed my prac 1 ( second try)

The feeling like can collect license like that... LOL. Thanks for all the tips and head ups. Any tips, pointers, advise on practical 2? Seems like a killer from what I read.

I didn't manage to attend my theory due to work and to rebook needs 8.00plus. On top of it, less than 48 hrs also cannot cancel. There goes, $8+ x 3.

Book 2 times prac 2 straight. Quite hard to pass on first try

i think its like after pass pract 4, have to go for 'circuit revision' before evaluation on pract 5. revisions means own time own target, you do whatever course you want. there is also 'road revision' but i suppose is after pract 7 and before pract 8?

correct me if i'm wrong Rijac.

I see.. Hmm2, but it's not compulsory, is it?

lesson 2 is all about left turn, right turn, change lanes and the safety checks as you do each one of these. you will practice turning at all the different kind of junctions - stop line, traffic light. no traffic light/no stop line.

the lesson starts with a very long 'lecture' at the pondok. instructor will show you the route on the map and what you must do at each turn. its a very long briefing as he will tell you what to do at all the junctions - if you have bad memory sure jialat one (lol).

it starts outside the roundabout where you did your lesson 1. at the first main junction there is a stop line (MUST STOP exactly at the line even if you already stopped 1 foot from the line). here you will do a left turn towards the bike lesson reporting station. you will pass the canteen on your right and don't forget to look out for pedestrians at the crossing. you will take a sharp left after the zebra crossing. straight past the figure 8/crank course (need to filter right and back to the left if there are bikes waiting to enter figure 8).

left turn at the traffic lights right after the figure 8 course. after turning left you will be at the same road where you started but now you must change lane to the right and do a right turn at the same main (STOP LINE MUST STOP) junction. after turning right, change lane to the left then follow the road round the bend and then change lane back to the right to make a right turn. go straight and turn right at the traffic light junction. after turning right you will be back at the same road you started at but now you must filter to the left lane and reach the main road junction (STOP LINE MUST STOP) where you started and repeat all over again and again and again.

so you are actually doing a big figure 8 around the roads inside CDC.

what you need to do:

1. use the left and right signal. must off the signal after completing the turn. must also signal for changing lanes

2. must do the CORRECT safety checks and blind spot checks at each turn and each time you change lane or go round a bend (and the correct number of times - e.g. if he say 1 blind spot check to the right, don't go and do 2)

3. they will teach you how to form up at the different junctions (if arrow on road is single direction, form up in 2 lines, if arrow is turning + straight, form up in 1 line)

there are 2 types of safety checks - check back (safety check) and blind spot check. what is the difference? simple to remember - blind spot check when you are moving, check back when you are not moving and about to move off. they are very particular about these checks. each time you do wrong 2 points. if you do 10 wrong during your tp 20 points easily!

For both blind spot check and safety check, it's just a matter of looking over your left/right shoulder, right? And that, blind spot check is only when the vehicle is moving? For check back (safety check) is only when you're not moving and about to move off?

which direction to do the check back and blind spot check?

for blind spot check it is easy - same direction as your turn or lane change or bend. e.g if you are turning left, blind spot check to the left, if you are changing lane to the right, blind spot check to the right.

for 'check back' it is almost always to the right. before moving off EVERY TIME YOU STOP you must check back to the right. if you stop and inch forward 50 times, you must check back 50 times every time you start to inch forward.

there only time you do check back to the left is when you are going to turn left from stationary (e.g. at the first main left turn stop line and at the traffic light if you had stopped for a red light). but remember, you must do right check back AND left check back in these situations.

if you reach traffic light for left turn and it is green, you turn without stopping (remember to do blind spot check to the left). if you reach traffic light junction for right turn and it is green, you must monitor for traffic from the front and stop if you have to. remember, if you didn't stop due to clear traffic, do a blind spot check to the right and if you did stop due to traffic, do a check back to the right and a blind spot check just as you turn right.

hope this helps.

So, blind spot check depends on where we are turning? For example, if we're turning left, check left, if going right, check right? How about the positioning and stuffs? The briefing was long and there were like too much instructions that I'm at a loss! Hahaha..

My summary must be very bad... So many ppl read and read and read still cannot pass...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

no la. your summary very good. my friend pass lesson 4 1 try after she read it. but now stuck at lesson 5 fail 2 times liao. I think usually ppl pass wont post 1, only when fail or got problem then will ask for help.

rijac and a few others insight to the practicals are invaluable. I find it very useful and instill confidence for a noob like me. Thanks for sharing so unselfishly. The Pract 1 I attended had taught enough to let me ride with confidence overseas LOL.

the instructor told me when you come for your lesson 5 they will look at your chops. if you don't do revision (cocky mah) they will 'go accordingly'. this to me means they will be strict. if they see that you have done a few revisions it shows you are serious about learning and practising and are likely to be a bit more lenient on marking the demerits during lesson 5 (this is just my interpretation).

positioning is simple. general positioning is 1 row if the arrow on the road is multi direction (e.g. the arrow is for left turn and go straight); two rows if the arrows are single direction (e.g. if left turn arrow on the road, two rows must form up to turn left, starting with the first bike on the left).

for the stations - plank is two rows before the first line then 2 bikes in single file at the start line. figure 8 is 2 rows but for lesson 5 all the lesson 5 people form 1 row on the right side.

I see.. Hmm2, but it's not compulsory, is it?

For both blind spot check and safety check, it's just a matter of looking over your left/right shoulder, right? And that, blind spot check is only when the vehicle is moving? For check back (safety check) is only when you're not moving and about to move off?

So, blind spot check depends on where we are turning? For example, if we're turning left, check left, if going right, check right? How about the positioning and stuffs? The briefing was long and there were like too much instructions that I'm at a loss! Hahaha..

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

Something about chops... I have a friend who used to be a driving instructor at ssdc.

He said the way they chop tells something how you have done for the prac. If he chops upright, means you've done ok. If he chop sideways or upside down, mean you didnt do good for the prac. So when you go for your next prac, the instructor knows who to pay more attention to.

So take a look at your booklet and see how you've done. :)

A lion never considers an opinion of a sheep

love.peace.respect

LOL :cheers:

I did take a look at my old booklet. But, there is no such profiling, otherwise I couldn't have made it through the lessons.

I remember vividly, the stamping for "Practical Lesson Attendance Record" was done when riders reported for lessons and not after. The "Practical Lesson Record" which only has one box per lesson including Circuit Training, was stamped only when successfully completed.:)

Don't read too deep into the positioning of the stampings, it was more a seal than anything else.

Hi all, long time no see. Just got back from holiday!

Rijac, you have developed the same plank phobia I had when I was learning it for the first time. Here's a technique you might find useful:

1) Accelerate towards the plank

2) As your front tyre touches the plank, clutch in and allow ur bike to roll up the plank

3) When your bike is fully on the plank, begin gently tapping and releasing your rear brake intermittently at 1 second intervals... Timing is earned on the first half of the plank.

4) As your bike slows from the tap-braking towards the middle of the plank, accelerate and move off to prevent falling off and clocking an Immediate Failure

5) With this technique, you don't even really need to half-clutch at all

This should give u a 6 second timing. Enough to earn ur chop and pass 2B. This is a cheat-code technique I used in 2B. Unfortunately, it doesn't work when you need 8-10 seconds on the plank for ur later licenses - new tricks will be required then, but you can pick those up on the road! This trick is useful if you're stuck in a slump and stuck on the plank like I was. I took 4 lessons to pass the plank. It's very normal actually!

upzzzzzzzz.

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

thanks. and if i may just also remind everyone on the alternative technique which works for me.

don't stop right up to the line so as to give yourself a bit more space to straighten up once moving off

use biting point/half clutch control

once up the plank keep leg planted on the rear brake to control speed

instead of trying to balance with leaning and body movements, just focus on keeping the front wheel pointed towards the center of the plank to keep the balance

upzzzzzzzz.

yes. blind spot check is when moving and you check the direction which you are filtering or turning.

safety check before moving off is always only on the right apart from the following situations:

1. check right AND left at 4 places on the circuit - Starting point (you only start this after you pass lesson 4), when turning at the blind junction, when doing figure of 8 and when doing crank course

2. check left only when moving off from a right kerb (in the circuit, this is at the slope)

3. after doing the e-brake, your left foot will be down. you need to check right to put your right foot down so that you can change gears with your left foot THEN check left so that you can put your left foot down and bring your right foot back up.

Ok.. But, is my input regarding the blind spot check and safety check correct? @rijac, @darkredmica ?? Enlighten those new learners. Any help would be great. Thank you very much!

LOL :cheers:

I did take a look at my old booklet. But, there is no such profiling, otherwise I couldn't have made it through the lessons.

I remember vividly, the stamping for "Practical Lesson Attendance Record" was done when riders reported for lessons and not after. The "Practical Lesson Record" which only has one box per lesson including Circuit Training, was stamped only when successfully completed.:)

Don't read too deep into the positioning of the stampings, it was more a seal than anything else.

Geez....I could be wrong for all you know. Maybe you are right.

But back in the day when SSDC was still at YCK, I remember vividly too we got stamped right after we ended our practicals while we are putting back the helmets and number tags on the rack. Well, maybe things have changed now. Cheers too mate! :thumbup: Enjoy bikes!

A lion never considers an opinion of a sheep

love.peace.respect

Hmmm, i shall make a new thread to collate all the tips and tricks, what's required, and further what to look out for.

What do u think guys?

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

Foreveralone. Having drt. Pretty shock to see so many pretty ladies taking up bike license.

Attending DRT is one thing. Got aircon and all.

Able to tahan the practical or not is another. Hahaha.

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

Hmmm, i shall make a new thread to collate all the tips and tricks, what's required, and further what to look out for.

What do u think guys?

What kind of tips and tricks? Your "Journey to Class 2b" thread is yet to be updated. Haha..

What kind of tips and tricks? Your "Journey to Class 2b" thread is yet to be updated. Haha..

Dun think will update it further. Kinda lost track. Hahaha i'll see what i can do to clean up or make the new thread when I have the time... :angel:

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)