SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lesson one practical must do what to pass?

Scan through the thread. Very detailed guidance provided liao. In summary must be able to ride, appy clutch to change gear up, change gear down, stop smoothly with proper technique, braking, speed control up to 5th gear and slowing down to 3rd gear with engine braking, take corner properly with proper eyeline, make a simple uturn

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

Scan through the thread. Very detailed guidance provided liao. In summary must be able to ride, appy clutch to change gear up, change gear down, stop smoothly with proper technique, braking, speed control up to 5th gear and slowing down to 3rd gear with engine braking, take corner properly with proper eyeline, make a simple uturn

thanks, thats like a lot in P1

thanks, thats like a lot in P1

Be prepared for at least 2 times if you don't have previous riding experience

My friend failed her lesson 5, she got alot of points for incorrect bike positioning and safety checks, she say the instructor dont guide her during circuit revision. so any kind soul here can help and list down where to position the bike and all the safety checks in the circuit?

Hi Guys,

Just some inquiries about what needs to be done. Had just enrolled in the Class 2B Course 20 mins ago.

1) Coming from a Class 3 I understand that I do not need to take the BTT. However, how do I prove that to the TP since I have lost my BTT slip. Can I just show them my driving license?

2) Defensive Riding Theory Lesson: I have since booked the DRT 1, 2 and 3. It appears that there are only a few slots from now till end of Aug. Will there be any chance a slot will appear on an earlier date? And if it does, am I able to book the earlier slot?

3) Circuit Training: Again on the website it shows that there are no available slots till end August. Does it mean I have to wait till Sept before I can make any booking?

4) Riding Theory Lesson: I would need to take up the Riding Theory Lessons, however on the site drop-down list it shows only "Class 2B English Theory Lesson". Does it mean BTT, RTT or both?

5) DRT and RTT Handbook. How do they look like and which edition is the latest. Do I need them since I will be going for the theory lessons?

i think i did that already in my circuit summary including the map. please scroll through. if i have time i'll go look for it too.

My friend failed her lesson 5, she got alot of points for incorrect bike positioning and safety checks, she say the instructor dont guide her during circuit revision. so any kind soul here can help and list down where to position the bike and all the safety checks in the circuit?

please see my responses in between your questions...

Hi Guys,

Just some inquiries about what needs to be done. Had just enrolled in the Class 2B Course 20 mins ago.

1) Coming from a Class 3 I understand that I do not need to take the BTT. However, how do I prove that to the TP since I have lost my BTT slip. Can I just show them my driving license?

driving license is enough.

2) Defensive Riding Theory Lesson: I have since booked the DRT 1, 2 and 3. It appears that there are only a few slots from now till end of Aug. Will there be any chance a slot will appear on an earlier date? And if it does, am I able to book the earlier slot?

if a new slot opens you can cancel your existing and take the new slot.

3) Circuit Training: Again on the website it shows that there are no available slots till end August. Does it mean I have to wait till Sept before I can make any booking?

they publish lesson schedule is only for the next week or two. so new slots may open up at the end of the week.

4) Riding Theory Lesson: I would need to take up the Riding Theory Lessons, however on the site drop-down list it shows only "Class 2B English Theory Lesson". Does it mean BTT, RTT or both?

this is RTT lesson.

5) DRT and RTT Handbook. How do they look like and which edition is the latest. Do I need them since I will be going for the theory lessons?

they will provide you with the books. didn't you get them when you enrolled?

i promised to do a post on the internal circuit procedures and route. here goes...

refer to this map here but ignore the yellow lines - i drew that to demonstrate the lesson 2 route:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8643245593_fa17104da6_z.jpg

first thing to remember - for the circuit test there are 4 locations when you must check back left and right before moving off. every other time you move off is only check back to the right (unless you are on the right kerb for the slope, then you check back left). the four locations are - starting point as you exit the bike park, blind junction regardless if you are turning left or right, figure of 8 and crank course.

so.. you start from the bike park area marked 'start'. you make a left turn out of the bike park, then you must filter to the right lane and form up 2 lines here (single directional arrow mah). remember to check blind spot before you filter. Stop at the blind junction (marked 4 on my map). inch forward. check traffic from 5 directions, check back right and left. and make a right turn here. remember to do a blind spot check as you make the turn. after turning, filter to the left lane, remember to check your blind spot when you do that. just follow the path of the yellow line for now and filter right before turning right at the turn i marked 5. again, remember to check blind spot when you filter and once again as you turn. no no need to stop at the turning unless there is oncoming traffic.

from here proceed forward and signal right and turn right into the slope area. this is your first station. if you are the first bike there proceed straight up the slope and stop before the line at the top. if there is a bike on the slope you stop at the foot of the slope, if there is a bike on the slope and one at the foot of the slope you don't turn first, you wait. when you are approaching the slope, make sure your signal is in the direction of the kerb you are stopping at. perform your start from slope course - remember to signal and check back away from the kerb.

do not shift gear as you go up the slope, maintain half clutch until you cross the top of the slope, then allow engine braking in first gear to keep the bike moving slowly down the slope. signal left and stop before the white line. Slope complete.

from here make a left turn - remember your safety checks. follow the black line all along and don't forget to check blind spot when negotiating the bend. make a left turn at turn number 2 (remember to slow down, change gear 2 and signal left). check blind spot as you turn. proceed to form up 2 lines at the figure of 8 entrance. perform figure 8 and crank course. remember to check back left and right for both of these as you start off. remember to turn off your signal after entering the figure 8 course and turning it one again just before you exit the figure of 8 course.

from the exit of the crank course, you proceed to turn left at turn 3 (if there are bikes forming up at figure 8, you must signal right and overtake them then signal left and form up 1 line at the traffic light (if red) before turning left). remember to check blind spot for every time you filter.

after turning left, you filter right and form up two lines at the blind corner again (same as when you started out). turn right here and filter to the left lane and enter the plank course lane. form up 2 lines. perform plank and slalom and proceed to the e-brake start line. if there is a car in the lane after you exit the slalom, signal right, check blind spot and filter out to the road, then filter back left into the lane.

perform e-brake. after e-brake (remember to check back right before you put your right foot down to change gears AND check back left to put your left foot back down after changing gears), signal right exit after the double lines (if you cross the double line at the e-brake exit you will fail the whole circuit.)

after exiting e-brake you will have to turn right (there is a straight + right turn arrow on the road markings) so keep your right signal on AND CHECK BLIND SPOT AS YOU CROSS THE ARROWS ON THE ROAD. the instructor told me, the TP will keep watching you after you exit the e-brake station until you cross this arrow to see if you check or not. if no check he give you points ah!

during the actual test, you will then proceed to exit CDC and do the road part (akan datang as i haven't done). in the internal test you will keep following the main road and turn right at the bike reporting counter junction and turn right again at the blind corner to re-enter the bike park.

THE END.

Okay I finally found it after scrolling thr many pages. Thanks!

i found it at post 824

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/379232-cdc-2b?p=7935925&viewfull=1#post7935925

just a few things to take note:

which i may not have touched in the note...

1. forming up - remember to form up 2 lines if there is only 1 directional arrow on the road and form up 1 line if its a multi-directional arrow on the road. in the circuit at the blind junction it is 2 rows forming up for the right turn. at the traffic light to turn left after figure 8 it is 1 row forming up.

2. slope - if there is a bike on the left kerb you go up the right kerb. if there is a bike on the left kerb and the right kerb you go to the bottom of the slope and wait (either left or right). if you are turning right to the slope but there are already 4 bikes there (2 on the slope and two waiting at the bottom) then you wait and don't turn yet. after slope turn left NO NEED TO INCH FORWARD

3. always keep left - for example after turning right at blind junction to go to slope, filter left first until you go past the bend near the plank then only filter right to turn right. do not filter before or while taking the bend

4. for plank,form up two rows until the line after that there will be 2 bikes in single file at the starting point of plank

5. for figure 8 while u normally form up 2 rows, for the lesson 5 test, you form up on the right side of the two rows even if there is no bike on the left.

5. after e-brake beware of the double line and remember to check blind spot as you ride over the arrows on the road to turn right

i think i did that already in my circuit summary including the map. please scroll through. if i have time i'll go look for it too.

please see my responses in between your questions...

Hi Rijac,

Thank you for your response. I enrolled this afternoon through the online portal, thus there weren't any books. I shall head down to collect them this Saturday if time permits.

I realised that I would need to pay for the Circuit Training. I thought since it was just an introductory session there will not be any charges to it. Do correct me if im wrong.

For the circuit training, do I need to be in proper attire (e.g Long pants long sleeve top with gloves and shoes)? Is there anything that I would be doing during this intro course?

Please bear with me for the next couple of weeks or months as I really have no idea what I just got myself into. It all seems too confusing. I just plunged myself into this course without any consideration or consultation with anyone!

Hi Rijac,

Thank you for your response. I enrolled this afternoon through the online portal, thus there weren't any books. I shall head down to collect them this Saturday if time permits.

I realised that I would need to pay for the Circuit Training. I thought since it was just an introductory session there will not be any charges to it. Do correct me if im wrong.

For the circuit training, do I need to be in proper attire (e.g Long pants long sleeve top with gloves and shoes)? Is there anything that I would be doing during this intro course?

Please bear with me for the next couple of weeks or months as I really have no idea what I just got myself into. It all seems too confusing. I just plunged myself into this course without any consideration or consultation with anyone!

U will be an expert soon. Everything must pay. Circuit training no need proper attire.. But wear long pants anyway coz u might be asked to push the bike. Rest of the time is walking around the circuit. Take a day class so u can get ur pdl immediately. Good luck and don't give up

Hi moostatic,

One important point to note. If you never rode a motorbike before, for practical lessons, ensure you wear a pair of light sneakers instead of thick sport shoes. This way, you get a good feel of the gear lever while changing gears. You will need to bring along helmet, gloves & knees/elbows guards. Anything you are not sure of, just ask any of the instructors, they will assist you.

Hi Rijac,

I think most of the pple here did the same, heh

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

i found it at post 824

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/379232-cdc-2b?p=7935925&viewfull=1#post7935925

just a few things to take note:

which i may not have touched in the note...

1. forming up - remember to form up 2 lines if there is only 1 directional arrow on the road and form up 1 line if its a multi-directional arrow on the road. in the circuit at the blind junction it is 2 rows forming up for the right turn. at the traffic light to turn left after figure 8 it is 1 row forming up.

2. slope - if there is a bike on the left kerb you go up the right kerb. if there is a bike on the left kerb and the right kerb you go to the bottom of the slope and wait (either left or right). if you are turning right to the slope but there are already 4 bikes there (2 on the slope and two waiting at the bottom) then you wait and don't turn yet. after slope turn left NO NEED TO INCH FORWARD

3. always keep left - for example after turning right at blind junction to go to slope, filter left first until you go past the bend near the plank then only filter right to turn right. do not filter before or while taking the bend

4. for plank,form up two rows until the line after that there will be 2 bikes in single file at the starting point of plank

5. for figure 8 while u normally form up 2 rows, for the lesson 5 test, you form up on the right side of the two rows even if there is no bike on the left.

5. after e-brake beware of the double line and remember to check blind spot as you ride over the arrows on the road to turn right

Ehh brasther! I learn my lesson 3, need inch out after slope, cuz got wall blocking view from the left. But ah, we supposed to turn left, that's why no need inch forward so no need see oncoming from the left, but only the right?

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

the instructor told you to inch out? there is no wall there what. you have clear view of both sides traffic without inching out. anyway, for the circuit test itself its a left turn.

Ehh brasther! I learn my lesson 3, need inch out after slope, cuz got wall blocking view from the left. But ah, we supposed to turn left, that's why no need inch forward so no need see oncoming from the left, but only the right?

the instructor told you to inch out? there is no wall there what. you have clear view of both sides traffic without inching out. anyway, for the circuit test itself its a left turn.

Hahhaa have! Rmmber prac 2, have to inch out see traffic from right to turn left? u inch out cuz got that wall blocking. This is the same wall lol. Hmmm, ok then, guess circuit test no need inch out cuz no obstacle blocking

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

oi! the wall is so farkin far from the slope!!! lol

Hahhaa have! Rmmber prac 2, have to inch out see traffic from right to turn left? u inch out cuz got that wall blocking. This is the same wall lol. Hmmm, ok then, guess circuit test no need inch out cuz no obstacle blocking

oi! the wall is so farkin far from the slope!!! lol

HAHAHAH I KNOW RIGHT! was just listening to him so as to u know, like at least he dun fail me rabak or what.

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

U will be an expert soon. Everything must pay. Circuit training no need proper attire.. But wear long pants anyway coz u might be asked to push the bike. Rest of the time is walking around the circuit. Take a day class so u can get ur pdl immediately. Good luck and don't give up

My circuit training will be on a Sunday. That's the only earliest slot available and sadly, I doubt I can collect PDL on that day.. zzzzz

My circuit training will be on a Sunday. That's the only earliest slot available and sadly, I doubt I can collect PDL on that day.. zzzzz

If ur instructor good enough, he will let u off early to book ur pdl.

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013