SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

cannot say that ...

what we need is one full day of riding without instructors. on time own target sure can. The dream of owning a scooter here like further and further.

U have the wrong attitude.. Once upon a time just hang L plate can ride liao. But today 50 percent of all accident fatalities in Sgp are motorcyclists. The lessons teach u the correct and safe way to ride. It is for ur own safety. If u can't ride correctly u will be a danger to yourself and others. If you cannot pass lessons in a safe closed circuit u think you can ride safely on the busy roads and expressways?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro, your post very detailed and helpful, but the more I read the more I think cannot pass liao. I was thinking if fail, maybe i should consider taking from overseas and come back and convert.

I was thinking when starting that time, right leg on the floor, left leg engage gear and as the bike move, then lift up right leg.... oh nooo....

If u look through I posted videos of a few bike test in other countries. There are many common elements with our Sgp test. Sgp test is based on Japan

Starting a whatsapp groupchat for all the bros here! PM me your number if you are in! (;

How about a Facebook group page instead of a whatsapp groupchat? Haha..

To the rest who have cleared Prac 2, just wondering.. Is Prac 2 difficult?

How about a Facebook group page instead of a whatsapp groupchat? Haha..

To the rest who have cleared Prac 2, just wondering.. Is Prac 2 difficult?

FB group page ar... Can be considered also! Haha.

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

Come arh...all pass reddi we go KL

A lion never considers an opinion of a sheep

YES PLEASE! But first need buy security tools. LOL

Check2 eat awhile at kopitiam, stolen!

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

Bro, your post very detailed and helpful, but the more I read the more I think cannot pass liao. I was thinking if fail, maybe i should consider taking from overseas and come back and convert.

I was thinking when starting that time, right leg on the floor, left leg engage gear and as the bike move, then lift up right leg.... oh nooo....

are you foreigner? if you are singaporean or PR u cant do that.

I stationed overseas, so if can show tax receipts / visa etc, actually can be done.

I prefer to do it here, hope the dates not too far and can match the schedule.

If you have an overseas licence for at least 2 years and you can convert it I think

Application for conversion of foreign driving licence for Singaporeans and PR are not normally granted unless:

• They have stayed in the foreign country continuously for at least six months after the date of first issue of their foreign driving licence

• The foreign driving licence at the time of application for conversion must have been issued for a period of six months or more

Application for conversion of foreign driving licence for Singaporeans and PR are not normally granted unless:

• They have stayed in the foreign country continuously for at least six months after the date of first issue of their foreign driving licence

• The foreign driving licence at the time of application for conversion must have been issued for a period of six months or more

So 2 years will qualify for certain

So 2 years will qualify for certain

You'll get a class 2B license upon conversion unless you can show that you owned a large cc bike for at least 3 years overseas.

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

Why is it that the slot in cdc is CMI...

bec cdc cannot cope with the demand, and students are allowed to book multiple slots, so all the good timing are all booked. u have to wait for those ppl who book multiple slots to cancel them after they clear their lesson.

this is the strategy to clear lessons faster mah.

book 2 or 3 lessons 48 hours apart. if a new lesson comes up earlier book it and cancel one of the later ones. if you pas your lesson you can cancel the remaining lessons, if you fail you have to only wait 2 days as opposed to weeks for the next slot. there are 18 cancelations allowed. i'm up to lesson 5 and i've only used half of them.

sometimes you look around you can see some free slots appearing. Got to be diligent but the down part is that this has resulted in own cancellations of later dates.

I see some of you here mentioned "Revision" in your posts. Just wondering, what's all this about revisions?

i think its like after pass pract 4, have to go for 'circuit revision' before evaluation on pract 5. revisions means own time own target, you do whatever course you want. there is also 'road revision' but i suppose is after pract 7 and before pract 8?

correct me if i'm wrong Rijac.

ok guys. to share on Lesson 4 now that I have passed.

For Lesson 4 they will break into 2 parts. Plank + Slalom together and e-brake. different instructor do it differently, but in general, they will break up the class into 2 groups - first timer and repeat. Repeat people just go straight to the stations and practice first. First timer will be taken around and given detailed briefing on plank and slalom first (this might take up 10 to 20 minutes of your lesson time). After that you will get to try plank and slalom a few rounds (the number of times depends on traffic and queing time). Once you have done this for half of the lesson time, they will ask you stop go to the ebrake area and get another 10 to 15 minute briefing. then you will have to do all 3 courses over and over. but in reality probably get to do 3 or 4 times only due to queing. note that you will be sharing the stations with course revision as well as 2a and 2 people hor.

Now on to the details.

For Plank, you have to ride over to the station, signal left and filter into the side lane. up to the start line of the plank there should only be 2 bikes in line. then behind the first two bikes form up into two lines. when the first bike moves off, the second bike move up and one of the 2 bikes in the que moves up to become the second bike, as per lesson 2, communicate with each other on who goes first (first come first serve usually la)

remember to turn off signal once you come to a stop. to do the plank, the technique which worked for me after 4 lessons!!! is like this. i move of with half clutch and keep my foot on the brake pedal lightly. once i reach the plank i concentrate on looking forward but down at the center of the plank (some ppl say look far but that wasn't working for me). grip the tank with knees and use the handble bar to steer the front tyre so it is always in the center of the plank. my mistake was using my body to counter act the movement of the bike like as if riding normally. so i keep this thought in my mind now when i do plank - front wheel keep in center of plank, half clutch the whole way and press foot brake to control speed. i realised if i press the foot brake so hard that the bike stops moving but i continue to rev the throttle slightly and maintain half clutch the bike stays upright, if i keep turning the handlebar left and right.

after clearing the plank (must stay one minimum 6 seconds), stop before the white line. Check back to the right then move off immediately to do the slalom. Start on the right of the first cone. for slalom, there are different ways to do it and i'm still trying to decide what works best for me. i'm ok with it in general and have not knocked any cone down in all of my 4 lesson 4. Shift up to gear 2 as quickly as possible, before reaching the first cone. stay a bit wide of the cones to avoid knocking them - if you think about clearing your handlebar width, you won't knock the cones with your crash bar coz they are about the same width. don't look down, look forward. the way i do the cone is throttle up in second gear, foot on the brake pedal to control speed. after clearing the last cone - no need to stop unless you knocked one over. then stop and go put it back!

For ebrake, you ride up to the start line. if you are going there straight from slalom, no need to filter onto the road, just stay in the lane and go straight (unless there is a L car in the lane - there usually is for some reason - then signal right, filter out, overtake car, signal left, filter in).

From the start line check back to the right. Accelerate fast shift to gear 2 accelerate fast shift to gear 3 and from the bottom of your eyes see if the yellow light in the middle of the handle bar comes on (this indicates you crossed 30kmh) then maintain speed. as you approach the end you will see a lamp post on the left just before the braking area (which will be wet). as you pass the post, close throttle (don't clutch in, don't change gear, don't brake). a split second later as you pass a cone on your left, brake with your front and rear brakes together (more pressure on front, but don't jam)... as the bike starts to slow, squeeze harder on the front brake and just before you come to a stop before the line, clutch in. left foot down.

do not change gear down while braking (this is different from all other stopping that you have learned so far). that means when you stop you will be in 3rd gear and you will have the clutch in, your left foot on the ground, your hear pumping 1000 beats a minute... NEXT

check back to the RIGHT. put RIGHT foot down. change gear to 1st gear - often the gear will be stuck, release clutch halfway then you will feel the pedal give way then continue to change gear down. after changing gear to first gear, Check back to the LEFT, put LEFT foot down. Right foot on brakes, signal right, check back to the RIGHT, move off as usual. do not need to go over the bumpy course. at the end of the exit lane, be careful, there is a double white line on the right... then a bit further is the filter line. filter in by checking blind spot to the right. keep signal right as you need to turn right, as you cross the arrow on the road, check blind spot to the right (TP will watch you from the time you finish your brake to this point of the turn).

Like that lah. In my next post i will outline the whole circuit route procedures. That one you will be briefied when you go for circuit revision.

upzzzzzzz.