SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

Jus sharing..

935317_568385613184166_496615978_n.jpg

Got lobang for rain coats please let me know!

Lobangs = pink jackets. Hahah.

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he is predicting he won't pass in 1 try

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I think its not easy to pass on first try so I booked another, if pass, will waste it, if fail it is less than 48hrs for next retry.

Knee and elbow guards, where to get small and thin ones? The thick ones look like ninja turtles.

Any recommendation for gloves? I prefer thin ones, last time I rarely wear leather gloves due to the cold weather but I find them more slippery and hard to fine control the signal lights. thats why now looking for thin ones. Thin lycra, neoprene maybe? I don't know.

Darkredmica

I also looking for raincoats but more for windbreaker function. Helmetboy got one by montero and I looking at the arai one. Anyone knows if this will hold up to washing machine?

Edited by ber

Sorry to ask again uh.. Internal evaluation need to book or not ah? DRT need IE also is it?

U can only book internal evaluation once you finish the 4 theory class. U can't book RTT until u pass internal evaluation. Ur drt got no evaluation. U just need to attend.

Don't be late for class they will not mark u present if past 10 min. TP online system will not allow

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

Nice to see this thread active again! Our glorious leader almost killed it off with the whatsapp group!

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

Nice to see this thread active again! Our glorious leader almost killed it off with the whatsapp group!

can't help but feel this is referring to me again. :dot:

hahaha.

haven't updated my thoughts on lesson 3.

its a straight forward lesson, not so much instructions like lesson 2 and not so confusing.

you will do slope first then figure 8 and crank course:

for slope, the technique is:

1. Ride up to the point just before the line on the slope - two bikes on slope at any time, one on left curb one on right curb.

2. stop as normal in gear 1, left foot down (note if you are on left of slope, you should be in left turn signal when you arrive, if you are on right of slope you should be in right signal when you arrive).

3. while stepping on foot brake, release the clutch to biting point, and rev a little bit with the throttle, when you feel the bike start to bite - signal away from the kerb, check safety and move off by releasing the foot brake and increasing throttle. maintain half clutch/biting point until you clear the top of the slope/hill and then release clutch fully. important - only check back once you have released the clutch to biting point.

4. if you are the bike on the left side, signal right and check back to the right, if you are the bike on the right side, signal left and check back left when moving off.

5. for the first part of the lesson you will make a circuit by turning left and left and left to get back to the slope, but once you are doing ok, the instructor will ask you to go right and right and right to simulate the actual right turn into the slope area for the actual circuit route. check my map in the earlier posting for reference

6. when you arrive at the slope, you must wait at the bottom of the slope if there is a bike on the slope - do not change lanes if the bike on the other side of the slope from you moves off first. e.g. if you arrive and there are two bikes on the slope and you stop along the left kerb... and the bike on the right kerb moves off and there is no bike on your right waiting, you cannot go up and take the spot on the right kerb.

For figure of 8:

1. stop at the line just before the entrance to figure 8. wait for instructor signal (on TP day it will be a flashing light to signal you)

2. when signal is given, check left and right, then accelerate sharply and try to change into 2nd gear just before you enter the figure 8 course, you will be in left signal when you are starting - cancel the signal once you start along the course. take note, timing starts once you cross the line at the entrance of the course not from the time you start off.

3. you will need to lean your bike in the direction of travel in order to move fast enough, but look ahead or 45% diagonally - don't look down.

4. after you change directions to do the right hand leg of the turn, you will have to signal left just before the exit of the figure 8 course

5. try maintain throttle at same place while using rear brake to control speed

6. must complete the course in 11 seconds or less to avoid points deduction

7. after exiting stop at the line before the crank course entrance

Crank Course is simple, just ride slowly and steadily in second gear, you should be able to clear it as 6 seconds is quite long.

hope this helps.

Dug this out for those who are going to take pract 3 soon or taking pract 3 and STUCK at it. :faint:

I read through the forum thread and I think its really hard to pass like that.

Right leg cannot come down, starting that time also left leg cannot come down except after emergency brake? 

Left leg down when stationary lah. Otherwise it will be up on the gear lever ready to shift up and down. When u r stopped and moving off ur right leg must be pressing on the brake pedal so ur left leg on the ground lah unless u have David copperfield levitation skills. Only time right leg down is after ebrake coz u need to shift back down to gear 1.

Dug this out for those who are going to take pract 3 soon or taking pract 3 and STUCK at it. :faint:

My summary must be very bad... So many ppl read and read and read still cannot pass...

My summary must be very bad... So many ppl read and read and read still cannot pass...

OI! You saying that SOMEONE again ah!

Actually your summary is an overview of the lesson.

But you could go deeper and more detailed into it like... For example, Figure 8 when exiting, what's the procedures. Clutch in... blahblahblah.

Hahaha. Haiya you not detailed and technical enough no wonder that SOMEONE cannot pass. :dozed:

Left leg down when stationary lah. Otherwise it will be up on the gear lever ready to shift up and down. When u r stopped and moving off ur right leg must be pressing on the brake pedal so ur left leg on the ground lah unless u have David copperfield levitation skills. Only time right leg down is after ebrake coz u need to shift back down to gear 1.

Bro, your post very detailed and helpful, but the more I read the more I think cannot pass liao. I was thinking if fail, maybe i should consider taking from overseas and come back and convert.

I was thinking when starting that time, right leg on the floor, left leg engage gear and as the bike move, then lift up right leg.... oh nooo....

Bro, your post very detailed and helpful, but the more I read the more I think cannot pass liao. I was thinking if fail, maybe i should consider taking from overseas and come back and convert.

I was thinking when starting that time, right leg on the floor, left leg engage gear and as the bike move, then lift up right leg.... oh nooo....

are you talking abt pract 1?

You must tell yourself that if even someone like me can pass pract 1, so can you!

:cheeky: