SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[cdc] 2b

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the best man. Just pass my lesson 4. Instructor is nice enough to pass me with one good plank. Well. The rest of the plank are crap

Gratz bro! Now u can book RC liao. Slowly go practice plank bah! Takes a while to get good.

Class 3 - 24 Jan 2006 - Lancer, Impreza TS, Impreza WRX

Class 2B - 28 October 2010 - SP, KRR

Class 2A - 26 March 2012 - CBR400

Class 2 - 6 June 2013 - Suzuki Hayabusa, GSX-R600

@Metalskin,

Congrats on your L4 prac! As mentioned by timewalker84, get more RCs in preparation for your so called Prac5 which is actually a Circuit Evaluation for prac L1-L4. You are given one chance to make it (Prac5) and try to pick a middle number tag as Prac5 goes by the number.:)

@Metalskin,

Congrats on your L4 prac! As mentioned by timewalker84, get more RCs in preparation for your so called Prac5 which is actually a Circuit Evaluation for prac L1-L4. You are given one chance to make it (Prac5) and try to pick a middle number tag as Prac5 goes by the number.:)

Thanks for the advice. Didn't know that.

@Metalskin,

Prac5 is the killa! :D

A lion never considers an opinion of a sheep

love.peace.respect

Thanks for the advice. Didn't know that.

Take cr the session before ur pr 5 then put it helmet on top to chop the bike coz u only get 1 round practice for prac 5

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A Journey of a Thousand Revs Begins with the First Gear Change...

If majority of the learners fail their prac 2, and the instructor say most of your mistakes is lane changing, any tips on how to work on it and improve?

Signal early, and peek at the mirror..

So when you have to change lane, check back as if you're really "quick scanning" for cars.

Lane changing have to be slow, unless the vehicle seems to be giving way to you, open throttle then overtake

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Long Live the Dream.

Lesson 2 Route Map. Note the yellow line and direction. Turns are numbered. these are my numbers, the actual turn number might be different over there. i can't recall. at number 1 and number 4 it is a stop line. must stop at the line every time. at turn one, you must check back right and check back left and then check blind spot to the left while turning left. after turn 1, remember to check blind spot on the left at the bend. after turn 2, be aware of any bikes stopped at the entrance of figure 8 - if yes, you have to change lane to the right (check blind spot to the right) and then change lane back to the left (check blind spot to the left) to get ready for turn 3.

after turn 3 you must change lane to the right (check blind spot on the right). at turn 4 you must do only check back to the right when moving off. after turn four change lane to the left (check blind spot to the left)... before turn 5 change lane to the right (check blind spot to the right). after turn 6 you must change lane to the left (check blind spot to the left!).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8643245593_fa17104da6_b.jpg

I guess when you fail because of your lane changing, the problem for me lies near the Narrow Plank/Pylon Slalom area before turn 5, it's quite hard to lane change to the right as I find that area is always full of slow moving cars. What do the instructors want to see in order for them to pass you?

Is it that, at turn 4 after turning right and lane changing to the left, and then after the bend you need to signal right and lane change back to the right, isn't it? But what if you need to lane change back to the right and there are like a lot of slow moving vehicles? Do you kick down to gear 1 (if you're in gear 2) and move in if there is a gap since you can't stop your bike in the middle of the lane?

I guess when you fail because of your lane changing, the problem for me lies near the Narrow Plank/Pylon Slalom area before turn 5, it's quite hard to lane change to the right as I find that area is always full of slow moving cars. What do the instructors want to see in order for them to pass you?

Is it that, at turn 4 after turning right and lane changing to the left, and then after the bend you need to signal right and lane change back to the right, isn't it? But what if you need to lane change back to the right and there are like a lot of slow moving vehicles? Do you kick down to gear 1 (if you're in gear 2) and move in if there is a gap since you can't stop your bike in the middle of the lane?

Try not to drop to gear 1 unless your bike is like really going really slow or something.. if the cars are moving very slow or not moving, speed up and overtake/change to right lane.

You have to be decisive - that's what instructor wants to see

Long Live the Dream.

Try not to drop to gear 1 unless your bike is like really going really slow or something.. if the cars are moving very slow or not moving, speed up and overtake/change to right lane.

You have to be decisive - that's what instructor wants to see

Overtake so that you'll be just before where the red no 5 is, which means you'll be in front of the very slow/not moving cars around that area? If there are cars around that area, and you lane change to the right, so you'll be behind the slow moving/not moving cars? All in all, you overtake/lane change to the right to be positioned before or after the cars?

Overtake so that you'll be just before where the red no 5 is, which means you'll be in front of the very slow/not moving cars around that area? If there are cars around that area, and you lane change to the right, so you'll be behind the slow moving/not moving cars? All in all, you overtake/lane change to the right to be positioned before or after the cars?

According to what I remember, if the car is at the spot right before making the turn, you have to stay in the left lane and wait to change into the right lane.. do take note that you need to be positioned more to the right of the lane you're in..

But still, better to ask the instructors.

Long Live the Dream.

According to what I remember, if the car is at the spot right before making the turn, you have to stay in the left lane and wait to change into the right lane.. do take note that you need to be positioned more to the right of the lane you're in..

But still, better to ask the instructors.

In other words, before lane changing to the right, stop on the right side of the left lane and give way to the slow moving vehicles behind? Is the procedure right to stop and give way first, @rijac ?

In other words, before lane changing to the right, stop on the right side of the left lane and give way to the slow moving vehicles behind? Is the procedure right to stop and give way first, @rijac ?

No you cannot stop if there is no obstruction in front of you. I asked the instructor. He said must ride slowly and change lane in front of the slow moving cars. Best is to scan ahead and ride slowly to give the cars chance to move on. It's tricky but realistic situation. In real life situation there is a bail out lah... — go straight and make uturn

Scan ahead and ride slowly to give the cars chance to move on? Is this how it should be done - signal right in advance, check right mirror, check right blindspot, and lane change gradually to your right, in front of the very slow moving/stationary cars, even though there are some more at the back?

Scan ahead and ride slowly to give the cars chance to move on? Is this how it should be done - signal right in advance, check right mirror, check right blindspot, and lane change gradually to your right, in front of the very slow moving/stationary cars, even though there are some more at the back?

Yup.

any current cdc learners able to take prac?

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

Yup.

Got it! Will take note of that.

A few things with regards to Prac 2 -

* When you're at the first junction without the traffic light (left and right turn), when the bikes are already inched out by having the riders placing their left foot on the stop line, for moving off (for left and right turn), doesn't matter whether the right or left bike moves off first, as long as there is communication?

* At the sharp left turn after the pedestrian crossing near the figure 8, whether there are a lot of bikes, or even just one bike waiting to enter the figure 8, still need to lane change to the right even though there is just one bike and there is a gap near it, you cannot just ride past the single bike waiting to enter the figure 8 as the instructors would want to see you lane change.

* After the figure 8, at the traffic light junction, if the traffic light is red and you stop before the first bike (meaning you're the second bike), when the traffic light goes back to green, you just need to check back as per normal (check right only), or, need to check both right and left, if you're the second or third vehicle?

* At the t-junction without the traffic light, or, the traffic light cross junction, for positioning, if there is a car which stops slightly on the right side of a lane and there is a gap beside the car, we are not allowed to move in beside the car and cover the gap, right?

Got it! Will take note of that.

A few things with regards to Prac 2 -

* When you're at the first junction without the traffic light (left and right turn), when the bikes are already inched out by having the riders placing their left foot on the stop line, for moving off (for left and right turn), doesn't matter whether the right or left bike moves off first, as long as there is communication?

Yup. But as a rule of thumb even with communication usually shld be first come first serve lor

* At the sharp left turn after the pedestrian crossing near the figure 8, whether there are a lot of bikes, or even just one bike waiting to enter the figure 8, still need to lane change to the right even though there is just one bike and there is a gap near it, you cannot just ride past the single bike waiting to enter the figure 8 as the instructors would want to see you lane change.

Yup.

* After the figure 8, at the traffic light junction, if the traffic light is red and you stop before the first bike (meaning you're the second bike), when the traffic light goes back to green, you just need to check back as per normal (check right only), or, need to check both right and left, if you're the second or third vehicle?

Check right only. Then blind spot change as u r turning left. Even if u r the first bike u only check right. But don't forget the blind spot check.

* At the t-junction without the traffic light, or, the traffic light cross junction, for positioning, if there is a car which stops slightly on the right side of a lane and there is a gap beside the car, we are not allowed to move in beside the car and cover the gap, right?

Yup.. Only time side by side in the same lane is when forming up bikes on single directional arrows

Ahh? What do you mean?

Btw anybody got lesson this coming Thursday?

cus of the haze? ssdc stop all prac except circuit revision for tp..

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru