SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

A good 2b bike for gals

roseonfire

Originally posted by GR1Y@March 14, 2007 07:51 am

Thk i ve to practice more coz till date i still cant master ts "art" of ridding where 1 can move bike to left while turning the handle right :giddy:

Yeah, good idea.

Please read the first post of this thread There is an exercise described in the third paragraph.

The only thing I disagree with this post is that countersteering does not have any effect at the low speed. In my experience, countersteering works always as long as it is only two wheels (no third wheel, no foot) which touch the ground and the speed is above zero. But on the low speed you have to use throttle to support the bike and it is not always convenient. (Remember - Slow In Fast Out?) Therefore many people use body re-balancing to offset the effect of countersteering.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello friend, i've ridden CBR150R, NSR150SP, TA200 and tried cub (yamaha nouvo) during my 2B days.

i feel that if u wan to get KRR, it's ok ah but not really fun compared to getting a bigger bike. KRR will be much faster than CBR150R definitely, more fun to ride.

but with speed 2B bikes dun have the stability of bigger bikes hence i feel more dangerous cuz handling not as good.

gilera probably a nice bike to own as well less for the high seat height which might put off female riders. my sister is one of them. haha. she's riding a auto vespa now. maintenance for auto scoots also rather high i think, probably a bit more expensive than maintaining a 2 stroker like KRR or SP.

i will suggest that perhaps u can do up ur CBR150R and continue riding it. cheap and easy to maintain.

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

i think u should get the bajaj pulsar.

looks good (new model has LED tail-lights and digital speedometer) , not too small in size so it probably won't feel unstable, good FC (think abt 40+km/l is the norm, full tank can go 700km+).. plus it has self cancelling signals.

quite a good package if u ask me.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:TU8QDjA-Of9VgM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/That_%2770s_Show_logo.png

Originally posted by andrei@March 14, 2007 10:54 am

Yeah, good idea.

Please read the first post of this thread There is an exercise described in the third paragraph.

The only thing I disagree with this post is that countersteering does not have any effect at the low speed. In my experience, countersteering works always as long as it is only two wheels (no third wheel, no foot) which touch the ground and the speed is above zero. But on the low speed you have to use throttle to support the bike and it is not always convenient. (Remember - Slow In Fast Out?) Therefore many people use body re-balancing to offset the effect of countersteering.

so u r talking abt countersteering ar??then u r misleading the rest by saying moving the bike left n turning the handle right.....coz u will bwang to injuries if u r doing tat,countersteering involve mainly the swinging of ur body n less on the handle.....n on therory,it may work for any 2wheels for u bt on practicle,if u ve rode a bike B4,u will noe tat it will b unstable for u to swing ur bike at any speed below 20km/hr....sori for being blunt on ridding or mayb im seedless to try ur style or moving bike left while turning the handle right :smile:

Originally posted by GR1Y@March 14, 2007 01:09 pm

so u r talking abt countersteering ar??then u r misleading the rest by saying moving the bike left n turning the handle right.....coz u will bwang to injuries if u r doing tat,countersteering involve mainly the swinging of ur body n less on the handle.....n on therory,it may work for any 2wheels for u bt on practicle,if u ve rode a bike B4,u will noe tat it will b unstable for u to swing ur bike at any speed below 20km/hr....sori for being blunt on ridding or mayb im seedless to try ur style or moving bike left while turning the handle right :smile:

Instead of writing all this, why don't you just try it yourself? You do this:

Find empty, straight, wide road. Accelerate to the speed of around 40. Keep your body straight. Hold the handlebar lightly, so that the bike almost goes by itself. And then push the right side of the handlebar (that is, turn it to the left) The bike will go right.

Just do it, ok?

Originally posted by andrei@March 14, 2007 01:31 pm

Find empty, straight, wide road. Accelerate to the speed of around 40. Keep your body straight. Hold the handlebar lightly, so that the bike almost goes by itself. And then push the right side of the handlebar (that is, turn it to the left) The bike will go right.

Just do it, ok?

Thinkin about it..The rear will slide to the right..Provided you do not lean to the left..Not a single bit..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

I did not try to teach her, because anyway you cannot teach to ride through a forum.

What I did is just pointed the direction in which (in my opinion) she should look to solve her problem. If it is important for her, she will read, she will ask, she will try. If it is not important, then it is just a waste of efforts.

However, I do disagree with you that I sould've kept it to myself. When I just started riding, I had a similar problem, and I found a solution. In the thread, nobody else suggested that it might be the reason. The only suggestion was to go for a defensive riding course. I do not know if they teach countersteering there, but in the 2B and 2A, at least in my experience, nobody noticed countertreering not even once.

Therefore your suggestion, in my opinion, is equal to the suggestion to let her find out the cause of her problem on her own.

Just do it, ok?

Hmm....me no courage to try nor the $$....ve been ridding for pass 13years,tried free hand at speed 140km/hr n 1 hand at 200km/hr.....bt ur instructions seem wierd to me keke....sori bt i too seedless to try ur style....:cheeky:

....to me....i will juz let go of the bike n let it slide than to try countersteer it when outta control...

reason :countersteer when bike lost control,u will hurt urself n ur wallet badly.....

on the other hand,throw the bike away n break force during ur fall,u suffer less injuries n paying only damage of ur bike. anywae thanks for the effort to enlighten me on hw to do a countersteering.

Man, I do respect your experience.

However, your words simply mean that you did not really think about how you control the bike. If you start reading about countersteering (anywhere, not here) and think about it, you will realize that you always used it.

When I started riding a motobike, I started such reading and thinking and realized that I always used countersteering when I needed to make a sharp turn on a bicycle.

Once again, citing from the post I directed you to

Countersteering can be used in two ways: subconsciously or consciously. Those who use it subconsciously perform the action without knowing it, and therefore have less of an understanding of how their motorcycle works. Those who consciously use countersteering-both racers and street riders alike-are able to place their motorcycles precisely where they want.

Whether you are enjoying your favorite road or find yourself in the middle of an emergency situation, the ability to knowingly countersteer your bike and place it where desired gives you greater control in any situation that arises.

CBR 150 is really a gd bike to ride, low fuel comsumption, can travel quite fast, looks nice and easy to maintain.

I once tried a fully stock CBR 150 pumped wif V power and i go round and round in the carpark.

I will nv forget how it feels like even 9 months have passed since i had that one and only test ride on CBR 150.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Originally posted by stsoh@March 14, 2007 12:02 am

if u prefer heavier 2b bike, why not take a look at daelim roadwin 125.

less power compare to cbr150 but it is as big as honda S4.

fat/huge 110/70 front n 140/60 rear tyres, stable n solid on the road.

bike won't woggle with strong cross-wind blowing or large vehicle overtaking.

large fuel tank (16 litres) can travel 450km per tank.

every bike have it's minor faults, eg. top speed 110kph, vibs at 4~5k n >8k rpm.

daelim agent is cka @kaki bukit, shunli ind park.

http://www.cka.com.sg

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3780916/bdepmc92644lv.jpg

eh tis bike is so cuteeeeeee ;p thanks for d info :)

Originally posted by SparkerS1@March 16, 2007 09:43 am

CBR 150 is really a gd bike to ride, low fuel comsumption, can travel quite fast, looks nice and easy to maintain.

I once tried a fully stock CBR 150 pumped wif V power and i go round and round in the carpark.

I will nv forget how it feels like even 9 months have passed since i had that one and only test ride on CBR 150.

chey.. 9 rounds is a lot.. ahakz.. ya lar.. i noe its a good bike.. its great i tell u.. only problem is.. its 5 yrs old aredi.. so very d leceh to go service all .. hehe

Just do it, ok?

:giddy:

Originally posted by aidiero@March 14, 2007 01:10 pm

take ur 2a lah..2a don cost a bomb like 2b

It doesnt cost a bomb.. But maintaining a 2a bike cost a bomb.. imagine pumping full tank petrol everytime? Summore my dad pays for everything. dun wan trouble him. i haven start working also.. dats all.. 2a i will take wen i start working.. hehe :cheer:

Originally posted by cutibiz@March 12, 2007 07:03 pm

i personally dun c a pt to buy a new cbr150 ..... cos my brother use 2 own a BRAND NEW cbr150 and it giv him quite alot of problem ..

seriously i feel tat if u wan a gd cheap and easy maintain 2B bike, and it looks nice as well, go for spark 135 .. (haven own 1 yt but is working 2wards it) ..

use 2 ride my bf phantom and find it a gd bike juz tat it a little too heavy to handle and (for my bf bike) the FC isn't tat good.

i tink @ e end of e day, it still depend on wat e purpose of u owning a bike and which type of bike u like ..

if u wan a sport bike, i guess there only NSR SP, CBR 150, KRR or higher end like aprilla and such .. getting such bike, mus consider e mthly maintainance of the 2T 4T thingy too.

cheers

Yeah.. lots of my frens suggest spark 135 aso.. im considering it also.. ;p.. thanks for d suggestion :smile:

Originally posted by enfant@March 13, 2007 07:47 pm

90% of all 2b bikes are lightweight, save for a few like the varadero 125. if you can't even handle 1 of them, what makes you think that you can handle another? please try to master what you've got and take what you read in here with a pinch of salt.

some people don't have any idea what they are talking about yet they can boldly 'teach' lesser experienced riders. i advice such individuals to ride more and cut down on posting nonsense in here.

if you still find it hard to master your bike, go back the the riding school and take up a defensive riding course.

To me even the 2b bikes are heavy.. i have tried sitting on sp, kr, tzm & tried takin off d stand n lift up .. all quite heavy.. dunno la.. diff ppl diff style.. i mean wat is light to u may be heavy to someone else mah.. :cheer:

Originally posted by ozzarhomb@March 14, 2007 11:18 am

hello friend, i've ridden CBR150R, NSR150SP, TA200 and tried cub (yamaha nouvo) during my 2B days.

i feel that if u wan to get KRR, it's ok ah but not really fun compared to getting a bigger bike. KRR will be much faster than CBR150R definitely, more fun to ride.

but with speed 2B bikes dun have the stability of bigger bikes hence i feel more dangerous cuz handling not as good.

gilera probably a nice bike to own as well less for the high seat height which might put off female riders. my sister is one of them. haha. she's riding a auto vespa now. maintenance for auto scoots also rather high i think, probably a bit more expensive than maintaining a 2 stroker like KRR or SP.

i will suggest that perhaps u can do up ur CBR150R and continue riding it. cheap and easy to maintain.

U are right.. 2b bikes at high speeds quite dangerous.. ok la.. im sure some1 is confirm gonna say all bikes are dangerous.. or safe or watever.. but d point im tryin to make here is.. 2b bikes as some say its quite light ... so d chances of flying off when knocked down is quite high as compared to bigger bikes.. ok i duno wat im crapping.. but watever it is.. bike accidents are scaring me.. Ride safely & Stay alive people .. :cheer:

Hello Ladyrider!

I tried CBR150 9 months ago, not 9 rounds, haha.

Servicing is a need for every bike, depending on how u ride it and take care of it.

:smile:

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Originally posted by Ladyrider@March 16, 2007 06:55 pm

U are right.. 2b bikes at high speeds quite dangerous.. ok la.. im sure some1 is confirm gonna say all bikes are dangerous.. or safe or watever.. but d point im tryin to make here is.. 2b bikes as some say its quite light ... so d chances of flying off when knocked down is quite high as compared to bigger bikes.. ok i duno wat im crapping.. but watever it is.. bike accidents are scaring me.. Ride safely & Stay alive people .. :cheer:

big bikes isn't safe too.

all big jap bikes r known as JGM (Japanese Guided Missile).

speed kill, we r all ignorance about it.

Originally posted by Ladyrider@March 16, 2007 06:48 pm

It doesnt cost a bomb.. But maintaining a 2a bike cost a bomb.. imagine pumping full tank petrol everytime? Summore my dad pays for everything. dun wan trouble him. i haven start working also.. dats all.. 2a i will take wen i start working.. hehe :cheer:

No la. Not so bad. It's just a bit more. You're basically trading that bit much for power, speed, stability and comfort. Plus can always pump in JB. :) It's the Class 2 that's a killer :giddy:

w y x m m

Originally posted by SparkerS1@March 16, 2007 08:35 pm

Hello Ladyrider!

I tried CBR150 9 months ago, not 9 rounds, haha.

Servicing is a need for every bike, depending on how u ride it and take care of it.

:smile:

Lol.. sorry i read wrongly.. i was in a rush to read all d posts & reply to it.. ahakz.. ok 9 mnths ago.. wah.. in these 9 mnths a new baby wud have been born ;p

:cheeky: go find a BF who ride.. den don need bother to change... ask him to fetch you... Idea.

I'm sick of being treated like a crash helmet I soften the fall but on the way down I always get hurt