SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA Fazer

MC21

• Replies 99.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pichudot

• innards

• maxxmadness

• bigman_185

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Rikk@Nov 15 2004, 11:57 AM

CT: :offtopic: mi now study part time in SG, so i get to keep my job

MC21: ya was looking at fazer600.. but the price of it can get a litre bike liao.. big price diff from my humble s4..

is like that one lah. u have to pay the price if u wan to upgrade. :smile:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by Rikk@Nov 15 2004, 11:57 AM

CT: :offtopic: mi now study part time in SG, so i get to keep my job

MC21: ya was looking at fazer600.. but the price of it can get a litre bike liao.. big price diff from my humble s4..

if u really wan to change then trade in with ur s4 lor.

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by MC21@Nov 14 2004, 01:19 PM

that's was fast bro!! i also dunno the name! haha :sweat:

welcome to the family... anyway everything here is said before you collect your bike... just have to make sure that you do not have to pay a certain "admin charge" to collect your bike keys... and ya, dun lost the keys...

Originally posted by mokamoka@Nov 16 2004, 02:19 PM

welcome to the family... anyway everything here is said before you collect your bike... just have to make sure that you do not have to pay a certain "admin charge" to collect your bike keys... and ya, dun lost the keys...

Thanks mate! but i dun understand wat u mean by admin charges? and is the key like honda hiss system whereby u can use dupicate keys to start the bike? :confused:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by MC21@Nov 16 2004, 08:09 PM

Thanks mate! but i dun understand wat u mean by admin charges? and is the key like honda Hiss system whereby u can use dupicate keys to start the bike? :confused:

admin charges as in some extra that you have to pay for them to process their so called troublesome paperwork for you bike... I've ever been quoted 800 bucks for admin fee, so be careful when you collect your keys...

The keys, if I never remember wrongly, has something similar to HISS, so you cannot just duplicate any normal key,. need to have a chip inside one and need to program... I know its on the naked FZ6...

Originally posted by MC21@Nov 16 2004, 08:09 PM

Thanks mate! but i dun understand wat u mean by admin charges? and is the key like honda hiss system whereby u can use dupicate keys to start the bike? :confused:

yah, smthg like HISS, thk Yamaha call it YISS, same key with R1. Duplicate the key is trouble, somemore Yamaha guy need to use "special way" to "active" the key...saw K**** did it once in R1 :cheeky: He said is secret woh....

work is life, no a job.

Originally posted by lEddyl@Nov 10 2004, 10:29 PM

yamaha is cooler. my fazer6 '04's fan ONLY ON at JB custom.

my current RR4 SG road it cant take it liao. but radiator performance is damn good.

You're referring to the 600 efi Fazer...I'm talking about the 1000 carburettor...

The Fazer1000 engines run quite hot compared to other bikes in the market right now...

Apparently the type of fuel delivery system plays a part in the heat...Carburettor based motorbikes tend to run hotter than fuel injection bikes...

Yamaha FZS1000E 2001

RIDE LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Originally posted by mokamoka@Nov 11 2004, 09:38 AM

If you are riding a thou, I can help you with the installation of the switch... If its the 600, then have to think abit cos no fan relay to play with...

PM me if you are interested. The cost of this would be the wires, switch that you use for your switch... labour is friendship...

Hey thanks man...I'll certainly take up on your offer..But must ask you a bit first...What type of switch u using?

Is it the small metal stick type?

One of my friends installed a plastic switch with a small led indicator...When the switch is off, the led will light up if your fan turns on (normal mode)...This gives you an indication that your temperature sensor and cooling system is working fine...

Yamaha FZS1000E 2001

RIDE LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Originally posted by Mihar@Nov 17 2004, 01:38 PM

Hey thanks man...I'll certainly take up on your offer..But must ask you a bit first...What type of switch u using?

Is it the small metal stick type?

One of my friends installed a plastic switch with a small led indicator...When the switch is off, the led will light up if your fan turns on (normal mode)...This gives you an indication that your temperature sensor and cooling system is working fine...

hey man... if you want, we can do the shopping together... but then until now, i am unable to find switches for DC current, which has LED... maybe I'm just lousy at it... haha... of course, I would prefer you to buy the things and I do it for you... my preference might not be your preference... everyone has their own unique taste, right...

Halo fellow fazer riders!

I jus collect my fazer600 and i am proud to be a fazer owner. Can feel the bike running smooth even not run-in yet. I have a few ques here n hope the senior fazer owners can help mi. :cheeky:

1) the shop's mech told mi to run-in to 3k but i saw from the manuel is run-in until 1.6k. so do i follow the mech or the manuel?

2) my fan cut in when the temp indication is at the 4th bar. is it normal?

3) the mech say that the rpm will settle down to 900-1000 plus range after the bike have warmup but jus now at the traffic lights, i happen to see the rpm at 1300plus. So wat is the normal idling rpm?

Hope someone can answer my above ques.

:sweat:

no siggy at the moment

Originally posted by MC21@Nov 17 2004, 10:38 PM

Halo fellow fazer riders!

I jus collect my fazer600 and i am proud to be a fazer owner. Can feel the bike running smooth even not run-in yet. I have a few ques here n hope the senior fazer owners can help mi. :cheeky:

1) the shop's mech told mi to run-in to 3k but i saw from the manuel is run-in until 1.6k. so do i follow the mech or the manuel?

2) my fan cut in when the temp indication is at the 4th bar. is it normal?

3) the mech say that the rpm will settle down to 900-1000 plus range after the bike have warmup but jus now at the traffic lights, i happen to see the rpm at 1300plus. So wat is the normal idling rpm?

Hope someone can answer my above ques.

:sweat:

Wa so fast u get bike liao... :giddy: i juz saw u posted u juz buy nia. :faint:

Originally posted by edwintek@Nov 17 2004, 11:02 PM

Enjoy ur new ride :cheers: . Hope to see u post details on this bike as I maybe getting this bike soon too if all goes well. :sweat:

k thanks. Feel free to ask anything abt the bike if u need to know. Will try my best to help. :smile:

no siggy at the moment