SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha X-MAX 400 scooter

hachi

For the XMAX400, other than Loois, if Hong Leong (HL, main agent) is not bringing in this model to bring up the numbers..., parts may be a challenge to acquire in future.This model also falls within the TMAX530 category, frankly i don't think HL will cannibalize the existing TMAX market, not that i know it is selling well here, personally 23K+ for a scooter is pretty steep, that is the price-zone of the yamaha FZ1.or Kawa Z1000..i leave the performance comparison to yourselves...

...don't get me wrong, i'm on the scooter hunt too , the TMAX/XMAX looks the part and certainly i have considered its ownership but for that kind of money on TMAX (maybe less 3-5K off for XMAX...i think the Taiwanese brand earn its position today not that they skim on the quality as they are well built too...

I'd like to point out that the reason why people buy scooter is the same as why people drive auto-gear cars VS manual. Scooters with their twist-and-go ease, and additional underseat storage space (though most will still add a top box) is really an asset for city riding. I personally ride a Yamaha Majesty 400 and am loving the ride everyday. The T-Max goes a step further in not only providing the convenience, but also the performance to make it a thrilling ride with its useable power of 49bhp on a daily basis. I mean with stop-start traffic, how much power can you put on the road?

X-Max 400 for Class 2A market. T-Max for Class 2 market. Can't really compare.

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

• 2 weeks later...
Went down to Looi's today.Was quoted 18k with a standard exhaust by the uncle.To change to the akrapovic exhaust,add another 1.5k.Quite steep i must say.But what to do?Since they are the only company that bring in this model.

Soooooooooooo expensive for a scooter like that. Is the speedo in kmph?

BTW I'm sure there are other parallel importers that can bring in the XMAX as well. But the price might be the similar. I'm seriously considering the TMAX530 instead.

c26492.jpg

Soooooooooooo expensive for a scooter like that. Is the speedo in kmph?

BTW I'm sure there are other parallel importers that can bring in the XMAX as well. But the price might be the similar. I'm seriously considering the TMAX530 instead.

Not sure if it's in km or miles...

Agreed,for that price,u can get a bigger cc bike.Not sure that 18k is inclusive of COE.If it's does,i would say,it's still ok for it's exclusivity and rareness on the S'pore rd.Hopefully it does....just my wishful thinking.Will enquire again.

Not sure if it's in km or miles...

Agreed,for that price,u can get a bigger cc bike.Not sure that 18k is inclusive of COE.If it's does,i would say,it's still ok for it's exclusivity and rareness on the S'pore rd.Hopefully it does....just my wishful thinking.Will enquire again.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/339/fvir.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

c26492.jpg

Went down last Sat.

Wanna ask to open up seat compartment to have an actual Look & Feel.

Upstairs have 1 Mr lee say no key, say downstairs demo set have keys to open.

Went downstairs. Pinoy lady say, here no key .... immediately look away after saying that.

Immediately after her reply. I also immediately walk off.

It is with reserved compliments even after major revamping of the whole operations.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

I went down to looi's last sat with my cheque book ready. Check out the x max ,not too bad. There's a yellow kymco xciting 400 park side by side with the x max. Both look gorgeous. I was wandering around there for 15mins,no staff bother to entertain me or even have the courtesy to ask me whether do i need any help. So i just walked out of the shop and drove straight to kymco agent and got myself a xciting 400 hahahaha

It's frustrating that many businesses in Singapore still do not realize the importance of good customer experience. Everybody is selling "apples" now. We as customers, have lots of choices on where to buy our "apples". The shop that makes us feel happy and willing to part with our money, will get our business.

Congratulations on your new scooter man. I guess the Kymco has a more attractive pricing?

c26492.jpg

oh yeah yohji,the pricing is indeed very attractive compare to the x max. The xciting 400 build quality is good,very european feel ,i personally feel its value for money. Im getting it as a weekend ride becoz i normally drive to work. Backside itchy lah,guess once a biker,always a biker!

I went down to looi's last sat with my cheque book ready. Check out the x max ,not too bad. There's a yellow kymco xciting 400 park side by side with the x max. Both look gorgeous. I was wandering around there for 15mins,no staff bother to entertain me or even have the courtesy to ask me whether do i need any help. So i just walked out of the shop and drove straight to kymco agent and got myself a xciting 400 hahahaha

They have lost a potential customer :D

Yamaha SparkZ 110 (2004 to 2008)

Yamaha X1-R 135 (June 2008 to Feb 2009)

Gilera ST Runner 200 (Feb 2009 to I dun knw...:confused:)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123504&d=1252221095

Cinta takkan datang, kalau tak dicari ... Cinta takkan dapat, kalau tak memberi ...

Well done Bro...!

• 2 weeks later...
Went down to Looi's today.Was quoted 18k with a standard exhaust by the uncle.To change to the akrapovic exhaust,add another 1.5k.Quite steep i must say.But what to do?Since they are the only company that bring in this model.
on this very day,mr lee quoted me 19k OTR together with a AKRAPOVIC exhaust.still pondering.cheers.

oh yeah yohji,the pricing is indeed very attractive compare to the x max. The xciting 400 build quality is good,very european feel ,i personally feel its value for money. Im getting it as a weekend ride becoz i normally drive to work. Backside itchy lah,guess once a biker,always a biker!

well done!!!!

Price that is more competitive and of course more support on parts and servicing nonetheless.

The whole fuel system is from Keihin which builts for all Jap scoots.

Some reference if needed

http://www.motor-land.nazwa.pl/ksiazki_serwisowe/Xciting%20400i/ch14_QuickReference_v1.pdf

Quality has leapfrog since....

If i could change, i would have gotten one ^_^

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think comparing this Jap to the Kym, assuming quality is similar, its a question of whether want to pay more for purchase price followed by affordable spares or low purchase price but high cost of spares. Riding over 8-10yrs, the Kym prob will still cost a couple of grand less than the Jap.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

saw it today.... seriously considering ... but price.. kinda makes me wanna still ride my silverwing

If ur already on silverwing, no need change lah. Jap yen still inflated. PI exclusive with no AD support bound to have more mark up.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Saw a black X-max along Alexandra Rd today at abt 5.30pm. Nicer to see it in person compared to online. From my rear mirror, I tout it is a T-max until it zoom pass me. Is the rider in this forum? Wanna share your reviews on your bike?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/daredarr/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2014090818715.jpg

I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo....

• 11 months later...