SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking for CBR 918/919 Riders

Blade900

no new ride leh guys... i bought back my stolen cbr9 from the black market in JB. big mess n repair bills also gonna be big. juz placed order for some parts (many were new parts but swapped by the thieves n many damaged parts) @ eversuccess, the bill came to almost $2k. siao liao

holy cow!

sorry to hear abt it man...but damn, can buy back ur stolen bike on JB black market?! stunning.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

holy cow!

sorry to hear abt it man...but damn, can buy back ur stolen bike on JB black market?! stunning.

yeah, managed to get info in the black market. its kinda a lose-lose situation, which i felt that buying it back would be better for myself. asked the police help, their balls too heavy to go to work... so LL i gotta buy it back... :giddy:

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

yeah, managed to get info in the black market. its kinda a lose-lose situation, which i felt that buying it back would be better for myself. asked the police help, their balls too heavy to go to work... so LL i gotta buy it back... :giddy:

sounds like pretty tough luck...but then again, can get back tt same bike is damn heng ah...i'm sure more than $ went into it, but emotional investments also... get any other 919 will feel diff.

Wow bro glad that u found and bought back your blade... was wondering how much did it cost u ...... U are damn pro leh stolen still can find back sure got lots of lobangs le u............

hi Johan,

damn the thefts!!

my cousin also bought back his stolen car from black market in JB.

m'sia's police **** up one...

next time must put few more locks on it....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

yalor guys... me now damn xiong oredi... pocket big hole cause of this incident. gonna even be bigger hole cos the parts i ordered from eversuccess gonna cost me another $1k++... dats also not including many other things. :faint:

hi Johan,

damn the thefts!!

my cousin also bought back his stolen car from black market in JB.

m'sia's police **** up one...

next time must put few more locks on it....

wah kaoz... wat car was ur cousin driving ? i'm trying to keep a profile on all these activities n will try to do something in future.. i wont sleep well until those responsible are given the adequate punishment. :gun:

wah kaoz... wat car was ur cousin driving ? i'm trying to keep a profile on all these activities n will try to do something in future.. i wont sleep well until those responsible are given the adequate punishment. :gun:

woohoo..vigilante lah dude!

so when r we nx gonna hv a cbr9 meetup?

it is a waja.

lots in JB, buy back in JB also... sux sia...

lacer change XR200??

yo roy, long time no see!!

how ya doing?

ya, sold my blade a year ago, now got a xr2 as weekend bike. no power, but fun to ride in dirt.

linw,

what big problem?

your bike at planet?

Hey bro GRassCuTTeR,

need to ask u ah...tt time u said ur frd had a cbr9 w keihin FCR, did he use the k&n open pod, or did he modify the stock airbox to fit it?

my FCR is installed alr, but the stock airbox doesn't fit, and i've got no open pod airfilter for the damn thing, so my workshop installed it the way they did their racebike - no airfilter, juz plastic sheeting at the side covering the holes between the frame and the fuel tank.

it gives crazy power now, n if i dump an airfilter on it will the performance suffer?

cheers,

WQ

Hey bro GRassCuTTeR,

need to ask u ah...tt time u said ur frd had a cbr9 w keihin FCR, did he use the k&n open pod, or did he modify the stock airbox to fit it?

my FCR is installed alr, but the stock airbox doesn't fit, and i've got no open pod airfilter for the damn thing, so my workshop installed it the way they did their racebike - no airfilter, juz plastic sheeting at the side covering the holes between the frame and the fuel tank.

it gives crazy power now, n if i dump an airfilter on it will the performance suffer?

cheers,

WQ

whoa... finally u fitted a FCR eh... swee... my fren's bike is running on a K&N open pod filter. stock airbox ofcos cant fit, but even if it fits, the performance wont be at its peak cos the stock airbox is cannot cope with the FCR's large air intake.

about running without an airfilter on the road, i'd definitely will not do it. the dust/dirt etc will go into ur throttle bodies, valve seals and end up as carbon deposits in ur valves. 1st thing to screw up is the throttle bodies (scratches) and then the valve seals get damaged and it cant seal off the carbon deposits; causing it to drop into the intake valves. (of course for race, its closed course where there is not much dust around)

it sure gives huge power without the airfilter, but after a few months ur performance will gradually drop due to the dirt buildup. really bro, i strongly advise against running a 4-stroke bike without airfilters on the road.

fixing a K&N open pod filter gives the same power u are getting now, cos its not a pressurized airbox. it sucks in air as how u tune it. no restrictions !

btw, try getting a BMC open pod filter (i duno who is BMC dealer) but for K&N u can try eversuccess. i did enquire before and they told me the open pods can be ordered. do get it before u ride on the road...

oh ya forgot to add this; find an aftermarket header and then get a 600cc muffler; (smaller silencer diameter). eg those 06 R6 aftermarket mufflers...

good choice will be a akra evo hexagon... paired with the FCR & jetted nicely, u will get a very very impressive sound when u hit 7+k rpm onwards. just alike those sharp/raspy sound of the EFI models with ram air induction. :)

bike's at xtreme, doing up some stuff tt i've delayed for some time.

btw how much u got the FCR for and how much is the workmanship for installation + tuning ?

1 more thing u might need to observe is ur clutch, try get stiffer springs. :D

whoa... finally u fitted a FCR eh... swee... my fren's bike is running on a K&N open pod filter. stock airbox ofcos cant fit, but even if it fits, the performance wont be at its peak cos the stock airbox is cannot cope with the FCR's large air intake.

about running without an airfilter on the road, i'd definitely will not do it. the dust/dirt etc will go into ur throttle bodies, valve seals and end up as carbon deposits in ur valves. 1st thing to screw up is the throttle bodies (scratches) and then the valve seals get damaged and it cant seal off the carbon deposits; causing it to drop into the intake valves. (of course for race, its closed course where there is not much dust around)

it sure gives huge power without the airfilter, but after a few months ur performance will gradually drop due to the dirt buildup. really bro, i strongly advise against running a 4-stroke bike without airfilters on the road.

fixing a K&N open pod filter gives the same power u are getting now, cos its not a pressurized airbox. it sucks in air as how u tune it. no restrictions !

btw, try getting a BMC open pod filter (i duno who is BMC dealer) but for K&N u can try eversuccess. i did enquire before and they told me the open pods can be ordered. do get it before u ride on the road...

oh ya forgot to add this; find an aftermarket header and then get a 600cc muffler; (smaller silencer diameter). eg those 06 R6 aftermarket mufflers...

good choice will be a akra evo hexagon... paired with the FCR & jetted nicely, u will get a very very impressive sound when u hit 7+k rpm onwards. just alike those sharp/raspy sound of the EFI models with ram air induction. :)

Okies, thanks alot for the advice! will try to ask about the BMC airfilter at motoworld. the k&n airfilter is about 700 usd if i import from usa (comes with all required adaptors)...i thot that was way over my budget. anyway motoworld takes forever to get stuff shipped in anyways, so i think will be avoiding riding as much as i can on sg roads...else later my engine overhaul again...

regarding the exhaust, my full sys is the on the way alr...i simply ordered a system for my model...i'll see what my budget can do with the muffler, as i'm alr using a gpr endcan (hopefully win toto :D )

oh the FCR makes a scary sucking sound when i open throttle...and the rattling idling sound is funky, haha.

btw how much u got the FCR for and how much is the workmanship for installation + tuning ?

1 more thing u might need to observe is ur clutch, try get stiffer springs. :D

i bought the FCR frm ebay at around 700sgd, but it had stuff (like some springs and screws) missing from it and my mech cannibalised them from my stock carb (external fitment parts, not affecting the performance). heng arh.

labour charges for installation + tuning (which was a real *****) not confirmed yet...coz i sent my bike in for other trickery also.

oh my clutch springs haven't change... :(

they were holding up alright, so only clutch plates changed to ebc ones...

wah, Linw, you're into hardcore mod liao...

heeh...ok lah, saw some worth-the-money stuff online then juz burn pockets a bit lo.

the bike was in workshop more for overhaul...10+ yr old bike a lot of probs to settle...after the stator gen chui a few months ago, decided to bring in to properly rejuvenate it. and then i found out that the conrod bearings, water pump, throttle cable, tensioner, timing chain, timing chain guide and clutch plates all chui also...

heeh...ok lah, saw some worth-the-money stuff online then juz burn pockets a bit lo.

the bike was in workshop more for overhaul...10+ yr old bike a lot of probs to settle...after the stator gen chui a few months ago, decided to bring in to properly rejuvenate it. and then i found out that the conrod bearings, water pump, throttle cable, tensioner, timing chain, timing chain guide and clutch plates all chui also...

Seems both of u (Grassburner n linwburner) really rich!!!!..:angel: :cool:

Okies, thanks alot for the advice! will try to ask about the BMC airfilter at motoworld. the k&n airfilter is about 700 usd if i import from usa (comes with all required adaptors)...i thot that was way over my budget. anyway motoworld takes forever to get stuff shipped in anyways, so i think will be avoiding riding as much as i can on sg roads...else later my engine overhaul again...

regarding the exhaust, my full sys is the on the way alr...i simply ordered a system for my model...i'll see what my budget can do with the muffler, as i'm alr using a gpr endcan (hopefully win toto :D )

oh the FCR makes a scary sucking sound when i open throttle...and the rattling idling sound is funky, haha.

wow 700USD is freaking expensive for just a racing filter, but i guess its the price u pay to protect the engine besides gaining more hp. really leh better watch out the engine when not running without any filter.

wow buy new full system ? simi brand arh... :cool:

the FCR really changes the bike's character, rattling sound is very unique :thumb: but do watch out n do not let anybody simply play/twist the throttle when the engine is off.. else u gotta change the plugs cos it wil definitely foul up, n take out the carbs to drain off the excess petrol :cheeky: