SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking for CBR 918/919 Riders

Blade900

i bought the FCR frm ebay at around 700sgd, but it had stuff (like some springs and screws) missing from it and my mech cannibalised them from my stock carb (external fitment parts, not affecting the performance). heng arh.

labour charges for installation + tuning (which was a real *****) not confirmed yet...coz i sent my bike in for other trickery also.

oh my clutch springs haven't change... :(

they were holding up alright, so only clutch plates changed to ebc ones...

dats a fair price for a FCR... i was quoted sgd3k for a new unit including the air filters. btw how does the EBC clutch plates fare ? are they better than stock ? cos i heard some really bad reviews from frens using EBC clutches on their GSXRs.. not sure how well they fare on hondas.

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems both of u (Grassburner n linwburner) really rich!!!!..:angel: :cool:

knn wad happen to u sia... gone MIA, phone number also no more existing... look like i have to come ur house burn it down then can see u running out naked. o_O

wow 700USD is freaking expensive for just a racing filter, but i guess its the price u pay to protect the engine besides gaining more hp. really leh better watch out the engine when not running without any filter.

wow buy new full system ? simi brand arh... :cool:

the FCR really changes the bike's character, rattling sound is very unique :thumb: but do watch out n do not let anybody simply play/twist the throttle when the engine is off.. else u gotta change the plugs cos it wil definitely foul up, n take out the carbs to drain off the excess petrol :cheeky:

yeah...riding w/o airfilters now making me paranoid. motoworld quoted me $80 each for DNA open pods...so since i need 4, it'll be $320. Compared to K&N and BMC it's really much cheaper. will use it 1st n see how it does. maybe next time upgrade K&N open pods.

full sys same brand as my endcan lor...GPR. cheap and works fine :D

was looking as the akra full sys, but to ship it in will really cost a bomb..

and yes, i've been watching out for my bike like a hawk when i park where i makan... but so far nobody come and disturb my bike, they go for the spanking new sportbikes, not antiques like cbr9, haha!

dats a fair price for a FCR... i was quoted sgd3k for a new unit including the air filters. btw how does the EBC clutch plates fare ? are they better than stock ? cos i heard some really bad reviews from frens using EBC clutches on their GSXRs.. not sure how well they fare on hondas.

so far the ebc clutch plates haven't been giving me problems. clutching on the gearshifts and lever feel so far has been good. in fact i've not used brand new oem clutch plates b4, so i dunno the difference (my bike came w old oem clutch plates in the 1st place...).

hi linw, take some photo of your lover and show us leh.

best is to video record the exhaust sound and put on youtube to share (this was what i did for my bike and louis' bike).

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

hehe its been so quiet here... btw just a piece of news, 2 CBR9s kena stolen; 1 in JB, 1 near penang few days ago. so always be on the watchout whenever riding in malaysia.

guys check out the CBR1k thread, a 05 repsol just got stolen this morning at a KL hotel lobby. gone in 17 secs, owner juz called me asking for help, hope his bike is recovered... :pray:

• 2 weeks later...

ahah u online arh LinW... u have plans to send ur bike for dyno reading ?

btw my Braking wave disc just arrived last week. knn kena $440 apiece, lucky oni had to replace 1 piece but i'm still broke

ahah u online arh LinW... u have plans to send ur bike for dyno reading ?

btw my Braking wave disc just arrived last week. knn kena $440 apiece, lucky oni had to replace 1 piece but i'm still broke

yeah soon, when i hv $$$, haha! my k&n open pods still on the way, after they get fitted gotta retune the fcr again. got a few more parts also on the way, will do them up b4 i dyno the bike ;)

bro the braking wave disc is for ur cbr9 wheels, or the swapped cbr954 front end tt u put on the bike? coz i only found galfer wave discs for the stock cbr9 wheels...

and anyway, i found the electronic copy of the cbr9 repair manual tt bro Sev passed to me the other time...44.4MB, how to transfer, and who wants?

yeah soon, when i hv $$$, haha! my k&n open pods still on the way, after they get fitted gotta retune the fcr again. got a few more parts also on the way, will do them up b4 i dyno the bike ;)

bro the braking wave disc is for ur cbr9 wheels, or the swapped cbr954 front end tt u put on the bike? coz i only found galfer wave discs for the stock cbr9 wheels...

and anyway, i found the electronic copy of the cbr9 repair manual tt bro Sev passed to me the other time...44.4MB, how to transfer, and who wants?

wow... i thought u went for BMC individual pod filters ? but ofcos K&N still a better choice :thumb: havent seen the BMC ones, but the K&N is a real perfect fit lor. wad else u getting for the bike ? dont tell me u gonna upgrade the performance further ? :cheeky:

my braking discs are to be fixed on the 954 front end.. yeah braking dont have for cbr9, only brembo, EBC, galfer has it. downside of galfer/braking discs is the stuff is 2.5 times heavier than stock discs cos its made of stainless steel (unless i purchase the braking carbon discs) the good part is that the steel surface is really durable, can use those brake pads with lotsa metal bits n the surface wont be chewed off as easily as the stock ones.

cbr9 softcopy service manual... how u manage to get it sia.. i search around for a few years also canot get. hmm can u upload it to some website or any of those filesharing software where i can download it ? :angel:

wow... i thought u went for BMC individual pod filters ? but ofcos K&N still a better choice :thumb: havent seen the BMC ones, but the K&N is a real perfect fit lor. wad else u getting for the bike ? dont tell me u gonna upgrade the performance further ? :cheeky:

my braking discs are to be fixed on the 954 front end.. yeah braking dont have for cbr9, only brembo, EBC, galfer has it. downside of galfer/braking discs is the stuff is 2.5 times heavier than stock discs cos its made of stainless steel (unless i purchase the braking carbon discs) the good part is that the steel surface is really durable, can use those brake pads with lotsa metal bits n the surface wont be chewed off as easily as the stock ones.

cbr9 softcopy service manual... how u manage to get it sia.. i search around for a few years also canot get. hmm can u upload it to some website or any of those filesharing software where i can download it ? :angel:

hmm..still got high-lift cams and my full exhaust system...after i get these 2, no more engine upgrades liao. will then eat grass for a while, recover from burnt pockets b4 embarking on my 1000rr front end swap, aftermkt wheels and bodywork...

yeah i was thinking of the galfer wavy discs...they seem solid but price also quite good... weight wise for the cbr9, after doing some weight-reducing mods shld be near cbr1000rr weight liao...except tt due to the engineering of the bike we do get to "feel" the weight? all the bike specs ah, wah lao eh cbr9 only 5-15kg heavier than the 1000rr variants...

OH, and silly me...i cld've simply posted the URL for the download page of the manuals... paiseh paiseh to all bros here.

cbrextreme.com has manuals for most cbr models, frm 600f4 to 1000rr, etc. do check out the link n see wad u can find.

http://www.cbrextreme.com/downloads/manuals/honda_cbr900rr_repair_manual-9.html

cheers!

hmm..still got high-lift cams and my full exhaust system...after i get these 2, no more engine upgrades liao. will then eat grass for a while, recover from burnt pockets b4 embarking on my 1000rr front end swap, aftermkt wheels and bodywork...

yeah i was thinking of the galfer wavy discs...they seem solid but price also quite good... weight wise for the cbr9, after doing some weight-reducing mods shld be near cbr1000rr weight liao...except tt due to the engineering of the bike we do get to "feel" the weight? all the bike specs ah, wah lao eh cbr9 only 5-15kg heavier than the 1000rr variants...

OH, and silly me...i cld've simply posted the URL for the download page of the manuals... paiseh paiseh to all bros here.

cbrextreme.com has manuals for most cbr models, frm 600f4 to 1000rr, etc. do check out the link n see wad u can find.

http://www.cbrextreme.com/downloads/manuals/honda_cbr900rr_repair_manual-9.html

cheers!

wah u sure u wanna use high lift cams for the street ? they cause the bike to run hotter n its not recommended for long stretches of roads; eg NSH due to its higher state of compression. hehe but a 1000RR front end swap will be very nice.. :cool:

u are quite right, even after a huge weight reduction u wont feel it so much due to the weight distribution of the bike and the way which it was engineered. if compared side-by-side with another cbr9 u'll see a big difference, but compared side-by-side with a 954/1000 n it will still feel heavier.

to feel the lesser weight (besides aftermarket wheels) u can get a full titanium exhaust, aluminium radiators from a 1000RR/600RR, as well as a plastic/carbon fiber fuel tank. (have to special order overseas) remember how light was the stock RS125 fuel tank ? :D i think the heaviest part of a cbr9 is the fuel tank if we do not count in the engine.

eh thanks for the link bro... me now downloading it liao.. hehe :thumb:

btw... i'll be going for the RRW (98 model) gauges after this. the item already in my storeroom... came together with a custom made speedohealer, but i'll need to get RRW fairings/headlights/headlight stay/fairing stay first... :cheeky:

wah u sure u wanna use high lift cams for the street ? they cause the bike to run hotter n its not recommended for long stretches of roads; eg NSH due to its higher state of compression. hehe but a 1000RR front end swap will be very nice.. :cool:

u are quite right, even after a huge weight reduction u wont feel it so much due to the weight distribution of the bike and the way which it was engineered. if compared side-by-side with another cbr9 u'll see a big difference, but compared side-by-side with a 954/1000 n it will still feel heavier.

to feel the lesser weight (besides aftermarket wheels) u can get a full titanium exhaust, aluminium radiators from a 1000RR/600RR, as well as a plastic/carbon fiber fuel tank. (have to special order overseas) remember how light was the stock RS125 fuel tank ? :D i think the heaviest part of a cbr9 is the fuel tank if we do not count in the engine.

eh thanks for the link bro... me now downloading it liao.. hehe :thumb:

hey no probs bro ;) can download the ones for ur 954 also, haha!

aiyah, but i've ordered the cams and they're on the way alr...piper cams frm uk, will update on performance when i get them. if it makes my bike rideable only within sg-johor-malacca...then perhaps i may swap back to stock liao, but for now the bike's used as commuting once a few days and for track and short makan trips :D

yah! fuel tank in carbon fibre! i saw the sebimoto ones...cost a freaking bomb, and gotta be special order (wait for 6 months...). i'm very very tempted by that, but no $$$...

i think that for now, the 954rr is still the lightest open classer honda right? or has the new 2008 cbr1k busted that weight record? i rem i sat on louis' 954 n it felt like a rs250...was a demoralising experience when i got back onto my own bike again...

oh and for the wheels, wad recommendations do u have? i'm gonna try to save up for those too... was thinking of marchesini forged alum (they say recommended for street use...) and the galespeed type-r 10 spoke wheels...

and for the 1k or 600 radiators, the fitment is plug n play, or do i have to shoehorn it in by drilling or additional braces?

btw... i'll be going for the RRW (98 model) gauges after this. the item already in my storeroom... came together with a custom made speedohealer, but i'll need to get RRW fairings/headlights/headlight stay/fairing stay first... :cheeky:

woohoo! nice! wah the rrw/rrx gauges got digital display at the right side right? yummy items! :D

if we were to convert our meters to digital readouts, do we need to make complicated mods to the analog sensors for rpm and speed? seems a lot of aftermkt meters r digital for the new-age bikes...