SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking for CBR 918/919 Riders

Blade900

hey no probs bro ;) can download the ones for ur 954 also, haha!

aiyah, but i've ordered the cams and they're on the way alr...piper cams frm uk, will update on performance when i get them. if it makes my bike rideable only within sg-johor-malacca...then perhaps i may swap back to stock liao, but for now the bike's used as commuting once a few days and for track and short makan trips :D

yah! fuel tank in carbon fibre! i saw the sebimoto ones...cost a freaking bomb, and gotta be special order (wait for 6 months...). i'm very very tempted by that, but no $$$...

i think that for now, the 954rr is still the lightest open classer honda right? or has the new 2008 cbr1k busted that weight record? i rem i sat on louis' 954 n it felt like a rs250...was a demoralising experience when i got back onto my own bike again...

oh and for the wheels, wad recommendations do u have? i'm gonna try to save up for those too... was thinking of marchesini forged alum (they say recommended for street use...) and the galespeed type-r 10 spoke wheels...

and for the 1k or 600 radiators, the fitment is plug n play, or do i have to shoehorn it in by drilling or additional braces?

ahaha yalor... i already finished downloading the 954 manual too.. :cheeky:

wow piper cams... i think after this ur blade gonna put out some really serious horsepower. i remember that K&T last year had a pair of cbr9 race cams for sale.. moriwaki cams.. almost bought it for $700 but after backed out cos sometimes i do use it for long distance runs (600+km per trip)

carbon tank ? ahah so far i only held a duke 998R carbon tank. weighed abt 500grams... but canot crash the tank else can throw away liau. very fragile stuff... the best material would be from the RS125/250 plastic... more durable and can have slight flex in event of a crash. slightly heavier but durable.

until now, the 954 still the lighest bike on paper. feels damn light, but it really feels quite unstable at high revs.. cant really control my 954 after it hits 8k rpm. the front keep popping up even at 4th gear n i'm even thinking of adding some weight to the front to make it more rideable...might be a fun bike to play wheelies but not so much for hard riding. :faint:

galespeed rims i've tried on a friend's vtr SP1, weight reduction not so much but its cheap for a forged aluminium. btw SP1 rims are considered very light.

1 thing u need to check if ur buying a set of aftermarket rims is the rear hub; make sure u can use back ur stock hub/rubber internals/rear sprockets. if the stock items cant fit into the rims (esp rear sprocket) u'll have to buy the special sprockets from them n its gonna cost a bomb. got a friend using PVM wheels on his blackbird, every time change sprockets he had a hard time. end up selling off the rims. :p

maybe u can try enquiring OZ rims ? some time ago there was a promotion, they selling forged aluminium rims together with a set of galfer wave rotors full set only for $3.8k if i remembered correctly. friend bought a set for his k6. damn chio...

radiators i've seen a few guys fit in their cbr9 in fireblades.org, they stated need to do some mods. not a direct fit but the cooling effect is very efficient due to the larger volume displacement n its aluminium. easier to repair than our lead material type...

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

woohoo! nice! wah the rrw/rrx gauges got digital display at the right side right? yummy items! :D

if we were to convert our meters to digital readouts, do we need to make complicated mods to the analog sensors for rpm and speed? seems a lot of aftermkt meters r digital for the new-age bikes...

yup its the digital type at the side. got trip 1 & 2, digital temp n clock if i not mistaken.

u mean u wanna convert ur meter to a fully digital unit, eg the 954 type ?

i know a guy who changed his speedo to a F4i digital speedo, quite a lot of mods needed to do the conversion but it looks damn chio. (i bought over his RRW gauge after he changed to a F4i gauge)

btw the cbr9 95 model onwards, its actually considered a fully digital meter with analog display. check the back of ur meter, there are no cables. only wires n sensors. which is why i chose a RRW meter.. plug & play except need a custom speedohealer & a RRW digital temperature sender. easier to setup lorh hehe

carbon tank ? ahah so far i only held a duke 998R carbon tank. weighed abt 500grams... but canot crash the tank else can throw away liau. very fragile stuff... the best material would be from the RS125/250 plastic... more durable and can have slight flex in event of a crash. slightly heavier but durable.

until now, the 954 still the lighest bike on paper. feels damn light, but it really feels quite unstable at high revs.. cant really control my 954 after it hits 8k rpm. the front keep popping up even at 4th gear n i'm even thinking of adding some weight to the front to make it more rideable...might be a fun bike to play wheelies but not so much for hard riding. :faint:

galespeed rims i've tried on a friend's vtr SP1, weight reduction not so much but its cheap for a forged aluminium. btw SP1 rims are considered very light.

1 thing u need to check if ur buying a set of aftermarket rims is the rear hub; make sure u can use back ur stock hub/rubber internals/rear sprockets. if the stock items cant fit into the rims (esp rear sprocket) u'll have to buy the special sprockets from them n its gonna cost a bomb. got a friend using PVM wheels on his blackbird, every time change sprockets he had a hard time. end up selling off the rims. :p

maybe u can try enquiring OZ rims ? some time ago there was a promotion, they selling forged aluminium rims together with a set of galfer wave rotors full set only for $3.8k if i remembered correctly. friend bought a set for his k6. damn chio...

radiators i've seen a few guys fit in their cbr9 in fireblades.org, they stated need to do some mods. not a direct fit but the cooling effect is very efficient due to the larger volume displacement n its aluminium. easier to repair than our lead material type...

woah now u've got me itching to mod my bike somemore...yikes! now i'm really thinking of a radiator upgrade liao, haha!

hmm if we were to choose an in-between road of stock junk metal tank vs CF tank, r there any plastic tanks for sale? the rs125 tank is a 2-pc tank, the real tank n the tank cover...so far i've not seen any such setups for sale for the cbr9...

yeah i considered buying 2nd hand vtr-sp wheels since their stock wheels r rare n light...but i was worried tt the bearings n spacers dun fit the cbr9 (there's a set on ebay now!!!)... heard galespeed rims need to get special brake discs and sprocks, eee. but it's apparently the only brand tt lists cbr9 from 92-97 as compatible for the upgrade, the rest of the brands dun even have old bikes on the lists... think will need to do more asking arnd, heh.

yup its the digital type at the side. got trip 1 & 2, digital temp n clock if i not mistaken.

u mean u wanna convert ur meter to a fully digital unit, eg the 954 type ?

i know a guy who changed his speedo to a F4i digital speedo, quite a lot of mods needed to do the conversion but it looks damn chio. (i bought over his RRW gauge after he changed to a F4i gauge)

btw the cbr9 95 model onwards, its actually considered a fully digital meter with analog display. check the back of ur meter, there are no cables. only wires n sensors. which is why i chose a RRW meter.. plug & play except need a custom speedohealer & a RRW digital temperature sender. easier to setup lorh hehe

wah i didn't know tt later models of 919 had digital sensors! heh heh heh...i'll go see what options r open to me...still got a long way to go since still saving up. but as u knw, itchiness makes one go check out wad's available n start fantasising 1st... i was thinking of something like the translogic digital dash...but it's too ex, and for the moment i'm sorta in love with the classic style of the stock ones...

wow, you guys throw money like siao sia....

when are we meeting to show case your bike?

i ride my xiao bai to meet with you guy's beast...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

hmm if we were to choose an in-between road of stock junk metal tank vs CF tank, r there any plastic tanks for sale? the rs125 tank is a 2-pc tank, the real tank n the tank cover...so far i've not seen any such setups for sale for the cbr9...

yeah i considered buying 2nd hand vtr-sp wheels since their stock wheels r rare n light...but i was worried tt the bearings n spacers dun fit the cbr9 (there's a set on ebay now!!!)... heard galespeed rims need to get special brake discs and sprocks, eee. but it's apparently the only brand tt lists cbr9 from 92-97 as compatible for the upgrade, the rest of the brands dun even have old bikes on the lists... think will need to do more asking arnd, heh.

wah i didn't know tt later models of 919 had digital sensors! heh heh heh...i'll go see what options r open to me...still got a long way to go since still saving up. but as u knw, itchiness makes one go check out wad's available n start fantasising 1st... i was thinking of something like the translogic digital dash...but it's too ex, and for the moment i'm sorta in love with the classic style of the stock ones...

yalor so far havent seen such 2-piece tanks for the cbr9.. guess nobody ever bother to fix or think about it (well maybe race teams in US during the 90's have)

about aftermarket rims, if ur not doing the front fork conversion then the choices will be very limited lor.. even the sp1/2 rims cant fit the stock cbr9 forks (its the shaft of the cbr9 forks, very small hole which are unlike USD forks) guess thats the main problem... :sian:

hehe btw bro LinW, anything nice on ebay now arh ? :D i duno wat else to upgrade besides the FCR after this... :p

yeah i think year end would be a good idea... but i not riding my cbr9 over leh... gotta bring the 954 for inspection purposes... :faint: :sian:

maybe if got time after that, will do some dyno remapping for the 954 cos FC is wayy too high.. and also get a set of fresh tyres... :lovestruck:

yalor so far havent seen such 2-piece tanks for the cbr9.. guess nobody ever bother to fix or think about it (well maybe race teams in US during the 90's have)

about aftermarket rims, if ur not doing the front fork conversion then the choices will be very limited lor.. even the sp1/2 rims cant fit the stock cbr9 forks (its the shaft of the cbr9 forks, very small hole which are unlike USD forks) guess thats the main problem... :sian:

hehe btw bro LinW, anything nice on ebay now arh ? :D i duno wat else to upgrade besides the FCR after this... :p

yeah, seems like the only way to get aftermakt tank wld be the sebimoto CF tank, or we customise our own...

hai...choices are limited huh...it's a great bike but all the aftermkt choices are fast disappearing. a set of dymag magnesium rims for cbr9 juz got sold for us$788 on ebay, dammit why i nv win toto?!?!

for engine performance upgrades, there are porting jobs (erion racing), big bore kits (wiseco or jr perf) and lightweight engine internals, hehe... i'm posting the links:

from hardracing.com

http://hardracing.com/Misc/HONDAEngine.htm

from American Performance Engineering (APE)

http://www.cbrzone.com/

and erion racing

http://www.erionracing.com/default.htm

these are the sites where i go to look at and then get demoralised coz i've got no $$$...

yeah i think year end would be a good idea... but i not riding my cbr9 over leh... gotta bring the 954 for inspection purposes... :faint: :sian:

maybe if got time after that, will do some dyno remapping for the 954 cos FC is wayy too high.. and also get a set of fresh tyres... :lovestruck:

great! see ur 954 also shiok :D

let us know the dates lah, then can organise something

yeah, seems like the only way to get aftermakt tank wld be the sebimoto CF tank, or we customise our own...

hai...choices are limited huh...it's a great bike but all the aftermkt choices are fast disappearing. a set of dymag magnesium rims for cbr9 juz got sold for us$788 on ebay, dammit why i nv win toto?!?!

for engine performance upgrades, there are porting jobs (erion racing), big bore kits (wiseco or jr perf) and lightweight engine internals, hehe... i'm posting the links:

from hardracing.com

http://hardracing.com/Misc/HONDAEngine.htm

from American Performance Engineering (APE)

http://www.cbrzone.com/

and erion racing

http://www.erionracing.com/default.htm

these are the sites where i go to look at and then get demoralised coz i've got no $$$...

great! see ur 954 also shiok :D

let us know the dates lah, then can organise something

hehe if no proper aftermarket tanks besides the sebimoto carbon one, then bo pian liao have to forgo it. i still dont like carbon fiber so much cos its really not that lasting (had a lockhart philips carbon front mudguard on my cbr9, chips off real easy when stone chips hits on it after a few years)

eh i thought u goin for the fork upgrade ? cos if u upgrade them forks then ur aftermarket rims u'll have a big range to choose from :D

btw USD forks are better, can make it way way stiffer than the stock cbr9 ones. (adjustment range better, n much better damping)

about internal engine upgrades i still abit scared to touch (except the porting job done on my bikes) abt changing things i'm just afraid if the thing spoil or screw up, i'll have to kena headache sourcing for the parts again (actually buying fr sg itself is quite a hassle for me cos have to find ways n means to transport it out without getting taxed) heheee..

oh ya... btw have u seen any website selling a slipper clutch for our model ? guess its a very worthy upgrade if there is one selling... would love to get one lor... juz dat i see companies which manufacture slipper clutches such as SIGMA, STM, they dont do it for our bike. duno whether erion racing does it... :confused:

i guess my day would be on 20th dec (saturday only) cos Louis would only be free on saturdays... most prolly i come friday evening, then go back on sunday 23rd... u guys wanna spend christmas in malacca ? :D

aiya the 954 nothing great la.. after all i gotta stick a akra legal slipon for it.. no sound, sian... hehe

hey guys... juz got a 919 over d weekend.... is dere ani other tyres i can change instead of bridgestone for d front? quite hard to get 4 d front wheel coz of its size....ani ideas?

nice to hear u got a 919.. but sorry to say, the 919's only fault is the front rim. if u dont change it to a 17" rim, there is only 1 choice for u in the market...

1st will be metzeler sportec m1; but this tyre is already being replaced by the sportec m3 and what is left are only old stocks. too bad the sportec m3 does not have a 16" size. btw the grip of the m1 really is so so much better than any range of bridgestones.

i'd suggest u change the front rim and u'll have the pleasure to explore all the tyre choices in the market... believe me, bridgestone tyres really dont work at all on the cbr900.

btw, have any pic of ur cbr9 ? hehe :cool:

ouh... thx... i heard cbr 9 onli fit rvf and older cbr 9 model's rim.... whe can i get em? ahakz... pics? i dun hav camp.. maybe on an outing i wld join u guys.... malacca anione? hehez

btw ur cbr9 is which year model ? cos for models with the digital speedo sensor then its easier to find a 17" rim. for those models with analogue speedo (speedo gear at front rim) then u'll need more than just the rim to make the meter work properly.

rims that can plug-and-play into the cbr9 (with digital speedo sensor) are CBR600 F3, CBR400 RR R/L, RVF :cheeky:

malacca arh ? i'll be in malacca on the 19th november - 23rd... anybody want come also no prob, can stay my house FOC wan. :D

aniwae... do u guys knoe roughly hw much to rewrap akra endcan.. my carbon fibre crack and leaking... haiz

carbon fibre no way can be re-wrap lorh... only way is to buy a new carbon sleeve from the akra dealer, n use back ur internals. dont think its cheap, heard it was abt $400+ some time ago (i might be wrong but it wont cost below 200)

unless u wanna forgo the akra sound, just do a stainless steel sleeve (costs abt $100) but not original akrapovic stuff ofcos.

if i were u, i'll buy a titanium sleeve from akrapovic. titanium wont crack and it sounds raspier than a carbon one. pocket pain 1 time but at least i know it will last me longer... :)

wow, you guys throw money like siao sia....

when are we meeting to show case your bike?

i ride my xiao bai to meet with you guy's beast...

Sev dont say like dat lei... ahaha... i still have plans to buy a XR4 someday.. lotsa new things to learn from these bikes... n u oredi have a headstart at it.. :cool:

hehe if no proper aftermarket tanks besides the sebimoto carbon one, then bo pian liao have to forgo it. i still dont like carbon fiber so much cos its really not that lasting (had a lockhart philips carbon front mudguard on my cbr9, chips off real easy when stone chips hits on it after a few years)

eh i thought u goin for the fork upgrade ? cos if u upgrade them forks then ur aftermarket rims u'll have a big range to choose from :D

btw USD forks are better, can make it way way stiffer than the stock cbr9 ones. (adjustment range better, n much better damping)

about internal engine upgrades i still abit scared to touch (except the porting job done on my bikes) abt changing things i'm just afraid if the thing spoil or screw up, i'll have to kena headache sourcing for the parts again (actually buying fr sg itself is quite a hassle for me cos have to find ways n means to transport it out without getting taxed) heheee..

oh ya... btw have u seen any website selling a slipper clutch for our model ? guess its a very worthy upgrade if there is one selling... would love to get one lor... juz dat i see companies which manufacture slipper clutches such as SIGMA, STM, they dont do it for our bike. duno whether erion racing does it... :confused:

i guess my day would be on 20th dec (saturday only) cos Louis would only be free on saturdays... most prolly i come friday evening, then go back on sunday 23rd... u guys wanna spend christmas in malacca ? :D

aiya the 954 nothing great la.. after all i gotta stick a akra legal slipon for it.. no sound, sian... hehe

yeah...the aftermkt rims will come only after i swap out the front end to the cbr1k...which also will be a long time away...

slipper clutch is a big headache...search like crazy online n everywhere, still don't have. :(

carbon fibre no way can be re-wrap lorh... only way is to buy a new carbon sleeve from the akra dealer, n use back ur internals. dont think its cheap, heard it was abt $400+ some time ago (i might be wrong but it wont cost below 200)

unless u wanna forgo the akra sound, just do a stainless steel sleeve (costs abt $100) but not original akrapovic stuff ofcos.

if i were u, i'll buy a titanium sleeve from akrapovic. titanium wont crack and it sounds raspier than a carbon one. pocket pain 1 time but at least i know it will last me longer... :)

yeah Ti is better than CF...though CF looks better imho.

i'm so worried that when my CF can goes koyak i may not be able to find an end can for the model liao. better buy Ti, then use it forever, haha!

tot of titanium... but gonna cost a bomb.... haiz.... but stainless steel... no more street legal... ahakz... gonna fix up my seat ferst and fairing... damn ugly.... ahakz... my model is 99 ryte? wad diff models eyz? how to differentiate? im damn clueless abt 918 and 919... d bike cc wrote 893cc eyz.... aniwae.. mine fitted wid 929 seat fairing.. anione noe whe to get cheap seat cowl

yeah Ti is better than CF...though CF looks better imho.

i'm so worried that when my CF can goes koyak i may not be able to find an end can for the model liao. better buy Ti, then use it forever, haha!

well u can always buy the sleeve to replace it. all aftermarket exhausts, u can just buy the sleeve n replace it... costs almost 1/2 of the price u paid for the whole muffler...

well weakness abt titanium also have... pillion ppl make sure their foot dont touch the muffler body else will also get scratch... titanium gets scratched easier than CF ! ahah..

tot of titanium... but gonna cost a bomb.... haiz.... but stainless steel... no more street legal... ahakz... gonna fix up my seat ferst and fairing... damn ugly.... ahakz... my model is 99 ryte? wad diff models eyz? how to differentiate? im damn clueless abt 918 and 919... d bike cc wrote 893cc eyz.... aniwae.. mine fitted wid 929 seat fairing.. anione noe whe to get cheap seat cowl

yup.. but ur akra, can just buy the titanium sleeve to replace the carbon one mah... abit ex but it looks very original.

btw ur model stated is 893, looking from ur brake rotors its either the 92 or 93 model. (94-onwards have similar discs to the 919)... ur front fairing already fixed the 98/99 model (chio leh hehe)... about the rear seat, it costs $180 for a new one... better to try e-bay.

btw there no 918 lorh... its only 893cc & 919cc.... :)

well u can always buy the sleeve to replace it. all aftermarket exhausts, u can just buy the sleeve n replace it... costs almost 1/2 of the price u paid for the whole muffler...

well weakness abt titanium also have... pillion ppl make sure their foot dont touch the muffler body else will also get scratch... titanium gets scratched easier than CF ! ahah..

hehe...now i've gotta go get a Ti sleeve to standby liao...

i'm listing things to buy faster than i can save the $$$ to buy them.

i really need to win toto...this is a dangerous addiction!

so how about a bladers' outing on 20th dec 2008?

who on?

heh..finally got some pics up...

my bike when i installed the keihin fcr 39mm.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03045.jpg

used the clear plastic pieces to shield off debris and water from the setup under the tank, racebike style. got quite a bit of dust in the stacks after that though, apparently not really clean to run open carbs!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03046.jpg

so removed the medium height stacks from the fcr. notice 2 lil jetting holes for adjustment on each carb...they weren't covered also and were outside the fcr's stock stacks.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03095.jpg

that being done, we put in the adaptors from American Performance Engineering. perfect fitment, and covered the 2 lil holes too!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03096.jpg

next was the K&N open pods, which were quite a handful coz they weren't a perfect fit...took 1hr juz for the filters to get on the carb...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03099.jpg

and now, this is how the thing looks like :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03098.jpg

okies, thanks for tuning in to my little story. :D

so how about a bladers' outing on 20th dec 2008?

who on?

hehe wanna outing where ? can do some suggestions... i'll definitely be in sg on 19th and 20th... if it rains on 20th then i'll go back the next day lor :sweat: