SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Looking for CBR 918/919 Riders

Blade900

heh..finally got some pics up...

my bike when i installed the keihin fcr 39mm.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03045.jpg

used the clear plastic pieces to shield off debris and water from the setup under the tank, racebike style. got quite a bit of dust in the stacks after that though, apparently not really clean to run open carbs!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03046.jpg

so removed the medium height stacks from the fcr. notice 2 lil jetting holes for adjustment on each carb...they weren't covered also and were outside the fcr's stock stacks.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03095.jpg

that being done, we put in the adaptors from American Performance Engineering. perfect fitment, and covered the 2 lil holes too!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03096.jpg

next was the K&N open pods, which were quite a handful coz they weren't a perfect fit...took 1hr juz for the filters to get on the carb...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03099.jpg

and now, this is how the thing looks like :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03098.jpg

okies, thanks for tuning in to my little story. :D

wooowwww.... dats a very nice piece of work there bro...

btw wat are the APE stacks for ? isit meant to enhance the bike's performance? cos never read much about carbed v-stacks... as in the difference between the red stacks and the silver ones.

also notice that ur frame was painted black... isit powdercoating or normal hi-temp paint ? but it looks damn nice n way better than the stock aluminium frame lorh... hehe

the K&N open pods are just the same as what my friend is using, only that the K&N wording seems to be fitted the other way round.... hehe... but what i noticed when my mech was cleaning/re-oiling the open pods, it was a simple direct fit back onto the FCR leh.. took only a few minutes... he said the K&N is better than those BMC individual pods cos the K&N sitting position is actually held on @ pressed on firmly by the fuel tank.. it eliminates the unecessary vibration. but hell yeah, i think u need to go NSH to clear some carbon every now and then :D

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a blessing. I love today.

1998: honda hurricane

1999: Rxz, TXR150 gamma

2000: L2s turbo

2001: ZXR250

2002: RS125

2003: CBR900

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g43/FireBLade9282/SBFpic.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hehe...now i've gotta go get a Ti sleeve to standby liao...

i'm listing things to buy faster than i can save the $$$ to buy them.

i really need to win toto...this is a dangerous addiction!

actually no need standby a TI sleeve bah, u just wait for someone who is selling their titanium slipon and just grab it. after that just take to sengkwang, mod abit to make it fit. cheaper and u have 2 endcans to play with :D

dangerous addiction ? hmm y not u wait until one fine day when u sober up and feel so regretful over ur 'sinful addiction', then u can sell all ur stuff to me. i'll take over ur addiction, swee bo :deal:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe wanna outing where ? can do some suggestions... i'll definitely be in sg on 19th and 20th... if it rains on 20th then i'll go back the next day lor :sweat:

actually i was thinking of a simple meetup of kopi and some makan...hehe

maybe kkfc (too boring huh..) ?

wooowwww.... dats a very nice piece of work there bro...

btw wat are the APE stacks for ? isit meant to enhance the bike's performance? cos never read much about carbed v-stacks... as in the difference between the red stacks and the silver ones.

also notice that ur frame was painted black... isit powdercoating or normal hi-temp paint ? but it looks damn nice n way better than the stock aluminium frame lorh... hehe

the K&N open pods are just the same as what my friend is using, only that the K&N wording seems to be fitted the other way round.... hehe... but what i noticed when my mech was cleaning/re-oiling the open pods, it was a simple direct fit back onto the FCR leh.. took only a few minutes... he said the K&N is better than those BMC individual pods cos the K&N sitting position is actually held on @ pressed on firmly by the fuel tank.. it eliminates the unecessary vibration. but hell yeah, i think u need to go NSH to clear some carbon every now and then :D

hehe, thx bro...

the original stacks on the fcr came in the red version, which is the longer ones. apparently keihin sells the blue ones also, which are shorter. adjustability for the speed of airflow into the carb. but these keihin stacks are meant for open carb use, and don't cover the 2 little holes for tuning.

so the APE stacks (which are short, means i might need to re-tune the fcr) cover the holes and have grooves on the outside for the K&N airfilter to fit.

i fit my airfilters the other way around coz the clearance in the fuel tank was enuf to do tt...else the airfilters too exposed n tt's y i left the clear plastic pieces (when i was running open carbs) there to avoid water getting to the filters.

maybe ur frd got a model that had a direct fitment...mine are the universal fitment ones...which need the metal spring screw-type fasteners...a bit more sweat...

actually no need standby a TI sleeve bah, u just wait for someone who is selling their titanium slipon and just grab it. after that just take to sengkwang, mod abit to make it fit. cheaper and u have 2 endcans to play with :D

dangerous addiction ? hmm y not u wait until one fine day when u sober up and feel so regretful over ur 'sinful addiction', then u can sell all ur stuff to me. i'll take over ur addiction, swee bo :deal:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hmm having 2 endcans to swap around sounds like a gd idea :D

i'll look around and see who's selling cheap.

regarding the selling of my stuff ... hahaha ... i might one day sell them off if the bike has to go. by then dunno who else riding cbr919 liao lo...

anyway, i just had my bike towed to workshop...i think i blew a gasket, but maybe i blew the whole damn engine. apparently the engine buay tahan the increased compression ratio. whacking back from 2nd link bike started feeling like it lost a cylinder or two...endcan kept backfiring non-stop and smoke came out from everywhere (front, back, bottom, sides)... only when i stopped at the sg customs then i felt my lower body suddenly warm...EO all over the fairings n my jeans n boots. i royally messed up the customs with EO puddles.

spectacular bike breakdown.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

sad to hear that linW.

since the engine broke, you may want to add a big bore kit or something?

your engine holes located at where? mid block or top block?

the con rod broken due to bearing failed or?

keep us update.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

thanks bros for the support...it's kinda an emotionally trying time for me...poor student, only thing i have in my life is my bike. sigh.

it's sad tt on the same freaking page in this thread that i logged my excitement of modding and also my heartbreak. dammit.

i'm uploading pics in the next few posts.

Keep us update wif ur bike condition...seems hav to undergo overhaul liao :(

erm...actually overhaul also cannot liao. engine piang until jialat. cylinder #2's big **** caused the entire engine to chui...

sad to hear that linW.

since the engine broke, you may want to add a big bore kit or something?

your engine holes located at where? mid block or top block?

the con rod broken due to bearing failed or?

keep us update.

the broken conrod punched 2 holes through the crankcase area...engine got 2 lobangs cannot use liao...the engine's bottom part got 1 internal wall pierced w the conrod stuck there, the upper part of the engine block got the 2 holes where metal bits and the EO came out from.

apparently the conrod simply gave way, from wad we cld see and wad i felt when riding, most prob is material fatigue, the conrod simply gave up.

i'm adding pics below...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03109.jpg

As u can see, the bottom part of the engine block has 1 internal wall punched through by the broken conrod #2. that broken conrod is stuck there, damn hard to take out also.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03110.jpg

metal shavings by the same #2 conrod. most prob from piston and the engine block's wall...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03111.jpg

and here is the #2 piston that was mashed up by the broken conrod...wiseco pistons come in a set of 4...so effectively rest of the 3 pistons can throw liao.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03113.jpg

from this pic of the upper part of the engine block, can see that the piston is chui, the 2 lobangs that the conrod punched...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/wqlin84/Fiona%20the%20Honda%20CBR900RRV%20Fireblade/DSC03115.jpg

such heavy-ass thing like the crankshaft also kena...can see the remains of my dear #2 conrod in there? the crankshaft's bent, and the remains of the conrod cannot take out...also, the counterbalances on the crankshaft kena rashed up big time also.

in any case, my options were:

1. swap a local 2nd hand engine (dubious condition) and owe more $

2. import and swap a 2nd hand engine from overseas (more or less equally dubious condition) and owe even more $

3. scrap bike, sell accessories, downpayment for another bike and owe installments

4. scrap bike, sell accessories, repay all debts and wait till i can earn enuf next time after i grad, then buy bike again.

i've decided to scrap the bike and hold off riding till i can comfortably afford this expensive hobby.

i'll be working w my workshop to come up with an inventory of my parts that can be used. i'll post here so tt all bros here can have 1st cut of them before i post them in garage sales or ebay.

i wanna thank all the cbr9 bros whom i've met at the kkfc outing, been nice to chat and discuss cbr9 stuff and enjoy ur company. also wanna thank all here for the friendship, may not be riding anymore, so if u see some crazy guy waving at u frm bus stop (esp if u riding cbr9), likely it's me.

i'm so sorry to hear that.

I fully understand your grieve, my previous super 4 also faced the same engine problem (need to change engine block after i done dyno jet, yoshi exhaust and many others mod). it took me some time to overcome the depress.

keep positive (which i believe you are) and looking forward.

money can be earned and bike can be bought again.

try to call planet see ah chong got any enginer for CBR, he has lots of lobang.

let us know your accessories list, i try to help you sell to cover some of your money.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

i'm so sorry to hear that.

I fully understand your grieve, my previous super 4 also faced the same engine problem (need to change engine block after i done dyno jet, yoshi exhaust and many others mod). it took me some time to overcome the depress.

keep positive (which i believe you are) and looking forward.

money can be earned and bike can be bought again.

try to call planet see ah chong got any enginer for CBR, he has lots of lobang.

let us know your accessories list, i try to help you sell to cover some of your money.

thx bro for the support...i'll come up w a list of parts once i've taken my bike apart. ;)

Bro LinW, i'm so sorry to hear abt this case of yours... got a call from Louis few days back abt this thing.... hurts to see the wiseco piston chui... :cry:

btw y dont u try find a 2nd hand engine and replace it ? it wont cost as much as u think even if u buy a used engine + top overhaul it.

honda parts are still very cheap...

btw if u really are proceeding to scrap your bike, do tell me what parts that u wanna sell off, i think by now u sure know which part i 'need' for mine.

but honestly i'd still prefer u to rebuild the bike back again and see it on the road in future rather than u scrapping it off.

Dun worri we share ur pain..

Btw Grasscutter will not respond u untill he tire wif his rotten n banging life at Malacca...:D

knn... i'm now in malacca but no internet / pc access lei... limited internet access here lorh... :sian:

Bro LinW, i'm so sorry to hear abt this case of yours... got a call from Louis few days back abt this thing.... hurts to see the wiseco piston chui... :cry:

btw y dont u try find a 2nd hand engine and replace it ? it wont cost as much as u think even if u buy a used engine + top overhaul it.

honda parts are still very cheap...

btw if u really are proceeding to scrap your bike, do tell me what parts that u wanna sell off, i think by now u sure know which part i 'need' for mine.

but honestly i'd still prefer u to rebuild the bike back again and see it on the road in future rather than u scrapping it off.

hey bro, thanks for the support...been exploring my options, and i think i will really stop riding for a while. anyway half a yr more to grad, then after tt sure ride fireblade again...haha!

doing up the cbr9 again wld be too costly for me lah, since alr owe workshop the $ for modding it. so now juz pay off all debts, and try not to rack up more debts. the paperwork for scrapping the bike is done alr, juz waiting for the parting of the bike, then i can go n collect the parts i wanna sell off. dun worry i'll PM u the parts list, let u choose :D

i can't resurrect the cbr9 anymore, but surely i'll be on the roads again soon!

hey bro, thanks for the support...been exploring my options, and i think i will really stop riding for a while. anyway half a yr more to grad, then after tt sure ride fireblade again...haha!

doing up the cbr9 again wld be too costly for me lah, since alr owe workshop the $ for modding it. so now juz pay off all debts, and try not to rack up more debts. the paperwork for scrapping the bike is done alr, juz waiting for the parting of the bike, then i can go n collect the parts i wanna sell off. dun worry i'll PM u the parts list, let u choose :D

i can't resurrect the cbr9 anymore, but surely i'll be on the roads again soon!

wah bro so fast done scrapping oredi arh... i just thought of asking u buying a used engine for RM3k (there's one available in KL). very heartbraking to see such a nice bike with those ohlins, aftermarket brake lights, exhausts etc all taken apart. yeah sure do PM me the parts list when u have it... i got a few fireblade kakis here who might also be waiting for parts.

hope to see u riding a CBR again... erm 954 or 1000 in future, perhaps ? :angel:

Crap!!!! Even when call u oso bo chap loh o_O :dot:

_|_ u always switch off ur msia phone, want contact u also damn hard. dun care liau, next month i come u gotta buy me n LinW kopi. :angry:

wah bro so fast done scrapping oredi arh... i just thought of asking u buying a used engine for RM3k (there's one available in KL). very heartbraking to see such a nice bike with those ohlins, aftermarket brake lights, exhausts etc all taken apart. yeah sure do PM me the parts list when u have it... i got a few fireblade kakis here who might also be waiting for parts.

hope to see u riding a CBR again... erm 954 or 1000 in future, perhaps ? :angel:

yeah bro, no $ to continue repairing the bike, even tho i knw tt i might never find one like tt again when i hv $ to buy bike nx time. in any case, engine swap will save the bike but not my pocket, haha!

sad as i am having to take apart wad i hv built over the past 2 yrs, but no choice lo. as confucius says, "man who runs away, lives to fight another day" (ok sorry ah ...lame joke...) yup, a cbr954 sounds very good :D but i might get a cbr1k when i grad n start working. fireblade all the way!!!

time to do some homework while the savings for the new bike slowly slowly spool up.

hihi guys...juz chg to a cbr954...been looking for kakis of the same type of bikes but as u all noe not many riding cb9...might need adv n help frm all of u in the future...any outing dat doesnt mind me joining can always ctc me at 90011006 - Ron...

2003. - 2005 * APRILIA RS 125

2005. - 2007 * SYM JOYRIDE 200

2007. - 2008 * RVF 400

2008. - 2008 * S4 spec1

2008. - 2010 * CBR 954

2010. - 2011 * GEN 1 HAYABUSA'06

2011. - ???? * GEN 2 HAYABUSA'10