SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KYMCO Xciting 300/400/500

surfingballoons24

For your general info.

Hear say.

IMO if you want to blame, blame the manufacturer.

Manufacturer provide the screws that can rust.

Profits? I beg to differ.

From what I hear at the shop while buying screws:

Shop guy to another customer: stainless steel is soft, if you want strong you must go for another material. The only good about stainless steel as the name suggest is not easy to rust.

Hence I've concluded IMO from this conversation is that those material used by manufacturer maybe stronger than stainless steel hence the use although they may rust. Of course stainless steel are more expensive, so maybe to a certain point it is for profit too.

Strength over quality which is still quality except it rust ha ha.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Bro.. u also right....

There is Since earlier the topic is on stainless steel.

Actually should look @ cold forged screws. It can be powder coated or zinc/brass/copper plated. These are those with strength and better robustness.

http://htsmall.ecklersmbzparts.com/assets/ppm/images/size/265x265/sku/P01-241.jpg

U see dull dull silver material.

This is one of the best screw type around.

From my previous job experience. ^_^

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dt300i using that osram bulb? can pm me?

Dec 2005 - Sep 2007 Honda NSR 150 SP FS3*45M

Sep 2007 - Apr 2010 Honda CBR 400 RRL

Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 Yamaha X-1

May 2013 - Apr 2014 Kymco Grand Dink 150

Apr 2014 - ~~~ Kymco Downtown 300i

One life, Live it, Don't waste it!

My old SP

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/SGGH/th_bike1.jpg

Bro.. u also right....

There is Since earlier the topic is on stainless steel.

Actually should look @ cold forged screws. It can be powder coated or zinc/brass/copper plated. These are those with strength and better robustness.

http://htsmall.ecklersmbzparts.com/assets/ppm/images/size/265x265/sku/P01-241.jpg

U see dull dull silver material.

This is one of the best screw type around.

From my previous job experience. ^_^

I go search for titanium screw wahahaha :p

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do note that titanium screws may not gel well with aluminum or steel frames.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Screw too strong...

Ur alu / Steel frame give way to the torque... also gone case... hahaha

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Do note that titanium screws may not gel well with aluminum or steel frames.

Screw too strong...

Ur alu / Steel frame give way to the torque... also gone case... hahaha

Aiya i say say only la...anyway de rust doesnt bother me just spray anti rust on de screws lol....

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 18-04-14

Time : 2030hrs onwards

All are welcome to join, hope to see all friends

Sent from my grandfather's phone using Tapatalk.

Hi,

I need some advise on rack. Already place a booking for white exciting 400i.. I was asked to wait for a month for it... sigh... really cannot wait for it. Now trying to get Shad SH48 top box from Singapore however looking for racks is quite difficult. I manage to contact givi Malaysia and they are planning to bring in SR6104M from Italy. I would appreciate if Sifus here can advise.

1. Is the rack strong enough if I put a backrest. It is stated that it can withstand 7kg... but the weight of the luggage and the down force of pillion resting on the back rest will create more weight. Anybody have issue before?

2. Is it possible to use Shad top box with givi rack.? Can it fit. ? I am sort of diy guy.. drilling is no issue to me

3. The givi rack uses a stand on the plate number screw. Is the area strong enough to withstand the weight? I had an issue before with Sym Joyride 150 where it broke on 3 separate occasion. Lucky I know a shop that can do spot welding. Diagram below is the location in red.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/aja6arub.jpg

Appreciate some advise.... Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I need some advise on rack. Already place a booking for white exciting 400i.. I was asked to wait for a month for it... sigh... really cannot wait for it. Now trying to get Shad SH48 top box from Singapore however looking for racks is quite difficult. I manage to contact givi Malaysia and they are planning to bring in SR6104M from Italy. I would appreciate if Sifus here can advise.

1. Is the rack strong enough if I put a backrest. It is stated that it can withstand 7kg... but the weight of the luggage and the down force of pillion resting on the back rest will create more weight. Anybody have issue before?

2. Is it possible to use Shad top box with givi rack.? Can it fit. ? I am sort of diy guy.. drilling is no issue to me

3. The givi rack uses a stand on the plate number screw. Is the area strong enough to withstand the weight? I had an issue before with Sym Joyride 150 where it broke on 3 separate occasion. Lucky I know a shop that can do spot welding. Diagram below is the location in red.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/aja6arub.jpg

Appreciate some advise.... Thanks

Difficult to advise since all of us here either use the floating rack sold by the agent here. Some custom made their own rack with fabricator.

That part of the bike is plastic so i wouldnt really trust it especially with a pillion resting on the box.

Since u are coming down to purchase the box, i suggest you buy the rack from the agent too? Do note they sell the shad 48 too.

Difficult to advise since all of us here either use the floating rack sold by the agent here. Some custom made their own rack with fabricator.

That part of the bike is plastic so i wouldnt really trust it especially with a pillion resting on the box.

Since u are coming down to purchase the box, i suggest you buy the rack from the agent too? Do note they sell the shad 48 too.

Hi Kongfu,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have not made any purchase yet.. still studying the possibilities... please advise on floating or customize rack esp on stability and riding with pillion leaning on box for a long ride. On the plastic that you've mention Mr Wajarian send me a picture from the back of it... I think it might able to support

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/u8yhe3ad.jpg

Hi Kongfu,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have not made any purchase yet.. still studying the possibilities... please advise on floating or customize rack esp on stability and riding with pillion leaning on box for a long ride. On the plastic that you've mention Mr Wajarian send me a picture from the back of it... I think it might able to support

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/u8yhe3ad.jpg

Seriously the box with the back rest on the box is not for your pillion to lean on.

If you are considering to let your pillion lean I would suggest fabricate a proper back rest with the options to mount the box.

The piece of metal supporting the box will now withstand the Pillion's weight as encountered by your previous scooter. Look at the instructions they will tell you the maximum weight you can put in the box. Cheers.