SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KYMCO Xciting 300/400/500

surfingballoons24

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 21-03-2014

Time : 2030hrs onwardb s

All are welcome to join, hope to see all friends....

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hello

Hi,

My name is Amin from Selangor Malaysia. Been following this forum for a while reading start to end. Need advice from Sifu here. I've been looking to upgrade my scooter Elegan a.k.a Sym Joyride 150. Two scooter in my radar now. Honda Forza Abs and Kymco xciting abs. The problem is Kymco Malaysia is not bringing abs model. Is there a way that the abs can be retrofit later if I buy non abs? Honda Forza is with Abs but the price is almost the same with xciting due to the duty and tax... need advice what I should buy and whether xciting can maneuver easily between cars at traffic jam. Today saw a yellow xciting and I park my bike next to it... took picture and to my surprise it is almost the same size. Size wise looks similar to my current scoot... but question is whether it is easy to move around at low speed if jam...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi,

My name is Amin from Selangor Malaysia. Been following this forum for a while reading start to end. Need advice from Sifu here. I've been looking to upgrade my scooter Elegan a.k.a Sym Joyride 150. Two scooter in my radar now. Honda Forza Abs and Kymco xciting abs. The problem is Kymco Malaysia is not bringing abs model. Is there a way that the abs can be retrofit later if I buy non abs? Honda Forza is with Abs but the price is almost the same with xciting due to the duty and tax... need advice what I should buy and whether xciting can maneuver easily between cars at traffic jam. Today saw a yellow xciting and I park my bike next to it... took picture and to my surprise it is almost the same size. Size wise looks similar to my current scoot... but question is whether it is easy to move around at low speed if jam...

Hi Amin,

I believe nobody is able to tell u wat to buy as everybody has a different preference.

I cant say much abt forza cos i hv no experience with one. But i can tell you de xciting is hell of a fun bike or scoot to ride. Very nimble and so far i hv yet to experience any bike that can squeeze thru traffic while i can't except those kups.

Some will complain de seat is too high but its actually wide giving de impression dat its high. One way to go ard it is to slide abit forward just before u stop. Others might choose to stop n balance with 1 leg. Have you actually seat on one already to get the feel? If not, i suggest you to cos to me feel is very important. If u feel uncomfortable seating on it den how do u expect yourself to ride it, cherish it? Lol....

I too would like to have my xciting retrofit with abs but to be frank, we don't know if it can be done anot. I guess time will tell.

Good luck in your decision making...

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kongfu,

Thanks a lot... I will try next visit kymco week. The demo bike at kymco here only available by next week. I saw a video on abs here - Kymco Test ABS vs No ABS: http://youtu.be/2j32751P1tQ . Hope kymco malaysia bring abs version , had an accident once during the rain, you know Malaysia weather during rain... hope with abs will be safer. Just worried abt spare part... is tyre cheap over there in Singapore?

Kongfu,

Thanks a lot... I will try next visit kymco week. The demo bike at kymco here only available by next week. I saw a video on abs here - Kymco Test ABS vs No ABS: http://youtu.be/2j32751P1tQ . Hope kymco malaysia bring abs version , had an accident once during the rain, you know Malaysia weather during rain... hope with abs will be safer. Just worried abt spare part... is tyre cheap over there in Singapore?

Yup abs is indeed very useful. Talk to the agent, who knows they will be brining in de abs model?

I cant advise as i've never change my tire in malaysia before. But there's a bro who rode all de way from kl to buy tire here.

Cheers

Yup abs is indeed very useful. Talk to the agent, who knows they will be brining in de abs model?

I cant advise as i've never change my tire in malaysia before. But there's a bro who rode all de way from kl to buy tire here.

Cheers

I want ABS mod kit !!! :))

MD

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=177769&d=1286428855

Hello

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 21-03-2014

Time : 2030hrs onwardb s

All are welcome to join, hope to see all friends....

Hope to b able make it next meeting;(

Current: MyRoad 700i

Hope kymco malaysia bring abs version , had an accident once during the rain, you know Malaysia weather during rain... hope with abs will be safer.

Aminbp

Show your dealers this video. Explain to them the safety aspect of it. Personally I had ridden both the abs and non abs equipped bikes. When the road is wet we don't ride like those 2 road tester and real life situation can be different from the ones shown. Even with abs if not controlled properly you'll also ended in a bad crash. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Kongfu,

Hi, you may need to stop by at MBB PJ, the Kymco showroom.. Heard they will bring in ABS model by request, price think rm6-8k higher than the current model... Peace yo!!!

Just sharing my exp a bit with my yellow xct...i rode with 90% across city & traffic jam, from gombak to KLCC... This xct is easy to manuver during bumpertobumper hell of jam..in early stage you might feel a bit diff but it will be gone once you are use to it.... Quick response give you power when others dont... It's a fun ride, really....

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Hi, you may need to stop by at MBB PJ, the Kymco showroom.. Heard they will bring in ABS model by request, price think rm6-8k higher than the current model... Peace yo!!!

Just sharing my exp a bit with my yellow xct...i rode with 90% across city & traffic jam, from gombak to KLCC... This xct is easy to manuver during bumpertobumper hell of jam..in early stage you might feel a bit diff but it will be gone once you are use to it.... Quick response give you power when others dont... It's a fun ride, really....

Well said bro;)

ayoo... 6-8k is a lot... thot 2-3k only. Actually I tried email and call but they replied that they are not bringing one. Anyway thanks for the advice Sifus... not able to reply one by one... but got all the info I am looking for especially the advice riding in traffic. My concern is to get the best ride to work... and ocassional riding.. I like Elegan look and feel but need more power ..

next step researching accesories in Singapore... who can I contact to get the pricelists?

Below is my current ride against xciting... not much difference in term of width... useful comparison how it can be ridden between cars in traffic jam

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/22/epe2enah.jpg

Edited by aminbp

Hi I was the one been to singapore to buy tyres and off course other parts. But Bridgestone cannot find in Kelantan or Deckers streets. Found out from KL the price around RM900 for both its quite reasonable. But Shinko tyres are cheap in singapore but performance not known

WA just launch only... :cry:

knn if not because of the stupit COE....i will consider a brand new!!!!

Unique now have one 2nd hand with lots of accessories. Nice number plate too. U can check it out.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/used_bikes/23941/kymco_other_kymco_models/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Just Love The Feel Of Riding...

Unique now have one 2nd hand with lots of accessories. Nice number plate too. U can check it out.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/used_bikes/23941/kymco_other_kymco_models/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WA the number 2424 ..... really "Nice" ... haha

2004 TA 200

2006 Comet GT 125

2006 Baby kawa 150 krr

2006 Honda RVF

2009 Honda CB 1000 R (The beast had been Release!)

2010 Yamaha FJR 1300

Next will it be BMW 1600 or quit ridding go for 4 wheel ???

END UP i drive :cry: but i really miss my fjr..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/27/yqama6y8.jpg

The screw are getting rusty. Anyone changed? Or where to buy non rust replacement?

I replace rusting nuts and bolts until give up liao. Best to coat a light layer of grease over the bolts every week.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk