SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

KYMCO Xciting 300/400/500

surfingballoons24

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, I'll be getting my xciting 400i this sat. Have been riding super4 all my life. Can someone enlighten me with what kind of maintenance regime I should follow? Thanks in advance!

[OM MANI PADME HOM]

• 4 weeks later...

After shopping i think kymco is a good deal over honda sw. Can kind riders share here what are the issues of kymco. Is the servicing expensive? How is the handling?

Before that this bikes are shortlisted:

Burgman 650(too big)

Honda silver wing(still in old tech although double cylinder can minimise vibration)

Maxsym400i

Tmax

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

hey bro best is to check the condition of the clutch or the variator... unless its metal rattling sound i suggest u can bring it to any scooter shop to check. u can also visit me. :D

Anyone here knows about Exciting 500... I just bought it and now got some weird sound on the belts. Any idea how much to change the belts and rollers... Which shop as well... Thanks

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i was away for 2 weeks for business and upon my return, my xciting 400 won't start anymore.

I don't think it's the battery as i definitely switched it off when i left and the problem is that the dashboard doesn't even light up after i turned the ignition key.

Not sure if this helps but i have a automatic starter, so as long as the sensor is near, i just have to press a button to turn on the bike.

I would like to get this fixed myself if possible so any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks in advance

Hi everyone here. I am taking class 2A soon and i am considering to buy this scooter ( kymco xcitng 400i ). Wat a beauty. But i wanna ask some Q here maybe to the one who own this bike. My Q is:-

1. Is it worth buying?

2. How is the performance of the bike?

3. Is is easy to get the spare sparts then?

4. Anybody try the top speed?

5. Can recommend me which bikeshop is good to buy this scooter?

Thanks so much.

:popcorn:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello guys.

At low speed between 2500rpm to 4000rpm, there seems to be a lot of vibrations on the bike. After passing 4000rpm, silky smooth.

Went to Motorsports and was advised that they can clean the CVT, but the problem will come back very soon. To solve the problem, change to Dr. Pulley 17gram rollers. Did a bit of research and found out our stock rollers are also 17grams!

Changing to Dr. Pulley will make a difference even with same weight? I was under the impression that lowering to 15grams will improve performance, but using the same weight? Anyone experience this can share?

Hi change to Dr.Pulley 15grm and there will be no vibration and pickup is faster than before. Get better millage.

Hi everyone here. I am taking class 2A soon and i am considering to buy this scooter ( kymco xcitng 400i ). Wat a beauty. But i wanna ask some Q here maybe to the one who own this bike. My Q is:-

1. Is it worth buying?

Yes

It's consider a sport scooter performance is good but need to change the following for flying performance

a. Dr.Pulley 15 grm

b. Change rear exhauber

c. Change leaner front fork oil.

d. Change after market exhaust.

Singapore should be easy compare to Malaysia

My best was 180kph downhill. Straight 175kph

Singaporean please assist.

Thanks so much.

1. Is it worth buying?

Yes

It's consider a sport scooter performance is good but need to change the following for flying performance

a. Dr.Pulley 15 grm

b. Change rear exhauber

c. Change leaner front fork oil.

d. Change after market exhaust.

Singapore should be easy compare to Malaysia

My best was 180kph downhill. Straight 175kph

Singaporean please assist.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i was away for 2 weeks for business and upon my return, my xciting 400 won't start anymore.

I don't think it's the battery as i definitely switched it off when i left and the problem is that the dashboard doesn't even light up after i turned the ignition key.

Not sure if this helps but i have a automatic starter, so as long as the sensor is near, i just have to press a button to turn on the bike.

I would like to get this fixed myself if possible so any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks in advance

In case you are reading this, I believe your IU is connected to the batt. Have it connect to the ignition instead. This new batch of IU is problematic and stupid LTA insist that IU must be connected to batt but when the faulty IU draw power from the batt making it unable to start do they help? farking idiots.

Hi guys, about to change my tyres. Anybody got recommendations of brand and price and venue?

bought my rear tyre a few days ago.

michelin city grip for $100 @ LAB with installation

previous tyre was the diablo scoot. was ok but the tread wears out faster than other tyres i've tried.

i also noticed that a lot of shops charge quite a hefty price for a tyre change. agent quoted me 158 for the stock rear, unique 150 for a shinko, which is quite ridiculous if you ask me.

if you have good ties with ur prefered workshop, i would advice buying your tyres separately at dealer outlets and paying the labour charge over at your workshop.

BHL has the front size for our tyre, the schwalbe raceman, and is selling them for 50 bucks. labour charge depends on your workshop. i have been charged 20 and also 40 before. still much cheaper than other shops. tried them for my gilera before and its a decent tyre.

you can get tyres at various shops at the mustafa cluster, along deskar road, dunlop street, rowell road, lembu road..

be nice to the owners and they will give you a good price..

hope this helps..

Edited by Votos

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Votos/sa_skull_04.gif

RBGC

• 4 weeks later...

Good day to all,

My top box broke from the base plate last saturday.

1)Wish to check whether this base plate can fit most of the top box in the market?

2)Any recommendations for any brand top box which is suitable for Xciting 400? will 46 litres be too big?

3)Any place to intro to buy the box? Unique motorsports?

Thank you

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Kymco owners,

I am currently looking at the yet to launch AK550. I just want to ask you opinion about the build quality for kymco bikes. How does the body work hold up? I saw some older scooters, and I must say, they don't really age well. (Body work looks really faded and such) TIA!!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Kymco owners,

I am currently looking at the yet to launch AK550. I just want to ask you opinion about the build quality for kymco bikes. How does the body work hold up? I saw some older scooters, and I must say, they don't really age well. (Body work looks really faded and such) TIA!!

I believe you are talking about the black plastic that fade badly. Maintain it with silicon spray and you should be fine.

• 1 month later...