SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Hi to all Harley riders, juz wondering if a Harley's engine is hot for Singapore climate? I'm riding a 1000cc currently and the temperature sure shoots up fast at slow speed and traffic. Harley being a cruiser should be able to ride slow right, but how's the heat like in between ur legs?

Anyone knows how much does a brand new entry level Harley cost?

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

Just completed my first DIY project.....damn, looking at YouTube takes e guy 4 mins to install e LH Solo saddle bag.....I took almost an hour getting it install correctly....but feeling is good....

Hey William, Harley is not really that hot cos it's air cool engine except vrod.....I just got my ride a month, n it's really nice n easy to ride.....

Germany :cheeky: Germany

Just completed my first DIY project.....damn, looking at YouTube takes e guy 4 mins to install e LH Solo saddle bag.....I took almost an hour getting it install correctly....but feeling is good....

Hey William, Harley is not really that hot cos it's air cool engine except vrod.....I just got my ride a month, n it's really nice n easy to ride.....

Dude u got your LH saddlebag online already? Picture? :)

Morning Nitekidz, a word of warning. as ur saddle bag is strapped to ur frame rite, over time the Leather that's touching ur frame and paintjob will slowly leave scratch marks. Sticking a tape to e contact area can help minimize it, esp urs is a new bike.

Didn't see u at the Harley launch e week b4 leh. Time to plan another rite soon. :)

Morning Nitekidz, a word of warning. as ur saddle bag is strapped to ur frame rite, over time the Leather that's touching ur frame and paintjob will slowly leave scratch marks. Sticking a tape to e contact area can help minimize it, esp urs is a new bike.

Didn't see u at the Harley launch e week b4 leh. Time to plan another rite soon. :)

Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated. I didn't think of that....but was planning to punch one more hole just to lock down the bag with a padlock....will do that tonight

Yeah, I was actually looking very forward to the Harley launch but alas, I got to stay home on that particular day and do my daddy job, so got to miss it. I will be traveling for the next 2 weeks so will be available end of November....and yeah, I really miss the riding with a bunch of rumbling harleys....(the only sad thing is my exhaust is really puny, damn!!!)

Can share the cost here? La Rosa saddlebag?

Mine is from ebay, cost of the bag is USD130 and USD40 for freight....got it in 2 weeks....guess this is the easiest buy of all, as I don't need to send it to workshop to fix it. DIY!!! Hope I got it install correctly, will post some picture tonight just to share with you guys if i install it correctly....lol

Can share the cost here? La Rosa saddlebag?

Mine is from ebay, cost of the bag is USD130 and USD40 for freight....got it in 2 weeks....guess this is the easiest buy of all, as I don't need to send it to workshop to fix it. DIY!!! Hope I got it install correctly, will post some picture tonight just to share with you guys if i install it correctly....lol

Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated. I didn't think of that....but was planning to punch one more hole just to lock down the bag with a padlock....will do that tonight

Yeah, I was actually looking very forward to the Harley launch but alas, I got to stay home on that particular day and do my daddy job, so got to miss it. I will be traveling for the next 2 weeks so will be available end of November....and yeah, I really miss the riding with a bunch of rumbling harleys....(the only sad thing is my exhaust is really puny, damn!!!)

If ur la rosa is made of hard leather,it will look nicer if u use those letterbox lock.it will look flush to ur leather n able to lock.looks a lot nicer.

Thanks for sharing Nitekidz.

Hi kepbin07, will the letterbox lock hold on the leather?

This type?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]260999[/ATTACH]

Yeah these r e type I'm talking abt. The front of lock is like normal. Then e rear has one teeth washer to tighten the front to e leather. Haha if use padlock look very ugly leh.

The hard leather would need to be cut quite a hole to fit the lever. But it's still better than a padlock.

Anyway are there hard leather left hand solo saddlebag?

Bro, just send u e pic through watsapp....using iPad to surf so can't upload to forum....u take a look lah

My advice is not to fix the lock. Just sold my side bag so I can demo to you guys the inconvenience and problems. In short, after you install those locks, you will have a protruding part inside the bag. Looks nice on the outside but when you start to pack things then you will have some problems. And if the bag is not full, there will also be slight problems when trying to lock the bag. Just my opinions. Of course the convenience of having the bag outweighs the problems. Just for you to take note :thumb:

Bro, just send u e pic through watsapp....using iPad to surf so can't upload to forum....u take a look lah

Download tapatalk in your ipad for forum. You can upload pictures from it. :thumb:

Wanna share some ideas that i apply to remove the lower fork oxidation.

A couple of scotch brite and metal polish is able to remove most of the affected area in the lower fork. After that use a polishing cloth to buff up the shine and protect it. Apply some wax on polish metal to make it last longer. I hope this will help riders sharing the same problem. :)

PS: The whole thing would cost less than $10 but it require some efforts.

Edited by Highwaystar

Hi all riders!!

By any chance if any of you guys are looking into getting good quality GOREtex jackets/raincoat. Please give my product a consideration too.

link : http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/370050-lt-CMO-gt-SALES-OF-GORETEX-APPARRELS-JACKETS-*Not-Common-Brands*

Alot of color choices and not the common brands of raincoat riders are using. Quality of water resistant is as good as NS issued. However, it's of a much thinner layers to suit our hot climate. Mutiple air ventilation zippers on the jacket too for riding during the day to protect from sun. More info please refer to thread or contact us! Thanks and ride safe! Cheers!~~

Download tapatalk in your ipad for forum. You can upload pictures from it. :thumb:

Wanna share some ideas that i apply to remove the lower fork oxidation.

A couple of scotch brite and metal polish is able to remove most of the affected area in the lower fork. After that use a polishing cloth to buff up the shine and protect it. Apply some wax on polish metal to make it last longer. I hope this will help riders sharing the same problem. :)

PS: The whole thing would cost less than $10 but it require some efforts.

hi, what metal polish you are using ?

I used Turtle wax metal polish. You can get it at Mustafa centre. ;)

Actually the lower fork come with a clear coat from the manufacturer. Once u remove the clear coat on the lower it should look much better. Will try to post the before and after picture later.

Here is the before and after pictures. Hope it helps.

fork1.jpgfork2.jpg

Edited by Highwaystar
add pictures

Is it necessary to tune our bike on every oil change?

Who is the best tuner here?

Bro,basically it's not necessary to retune e bike coz of oil change.if u make significant changes to ur bike like air intake,exhaust,bigger carb,ignition coil,ignition module,high cams,......