SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys,i just got myself a monster 400,sad case water leaking frm the i left hose in front of engine casing.suspect is battery water leaking and it spilled all over my engine casing causing it to sort of rot the gold colour.=((

any ideal where to service or repair my bike?.

new to duke.THANKS ALOT GUYS!

That is not battery water. It is DOT 4 fluid from a leaking clutch pump/hose/banjo nut/ clutch slave cylinder. Better go to a shop to fix a leak if not you cannot change gears and have to call a tow truck which cost you more $$$.

The DOT 4 fluid is corrosive and will decolour the engine crankcase, especially if it has been repainted. Ensure your tank did not get the fluid. If there is contact wash immediately and quickly solve the leak.

Addresses to go to fix the problem have been posted by thenation.

Hope this helps you

When it comes to bikes, I only see red…

btw,guys any ideal roughly how much i gonna fork out for the repairs like this?

tankiu in advance!

The most expensive component is the clutch master cylinder $360+ brand new

The second most is the clutch slave cylinder US$179 for aftermarket

Next is the steel hoses $?

Cheapest is the fluid $9 for 500ml which is enough to use for many bikes

Labour $

the most expensive component is the clutch master cylinder $360+ brand new

the second most is the clutch slave cylinder us$179 for aftermarket

next is the steel hoses $?

Cheapest is the fluid $9 for 500ml which is enough to use for many bikes

labour $

$360?

Minerva?

Hmmmmmm

400 no slave cylinder la

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

$360?

Minerva?

Hmmmmmm

400 no slave cylinder la

Sure no slave cylinder? I had one on 2003 monster 400. Hann said he changed it. Anyway, the crank cases are different for 1999 monster and 2003 monster, maybe thats why we have different answers. Lol.

Lucky you pointed it out.

DRIVING MISS DAISY PG Track day WED 17TH JUNE 2009 STILL ON!

1)TECHNICOLORHIGHWAY-93637774

2)ALEX

There's more fun in making slow bike go fast than making a fast bike faster:angel: FOR SALE KAWASAKI ZEPHYR EBC BRAKE PADS FA129HH.DUC CLUTCH SLAVE PUMP,SIGNAL RELAY.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CKM-eD8Ulwo/SwP704pVE-I/AAAAAAAAAHg/BrEmx9CIQAk/s1600/misc-01012003_16.JPG

2)ALEX

what happened to our strictly mons track sessions? o_O

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

what happened to our strictly mons track sessions? o_O

WED IS THE NEW MON:angel:

HOPE IT'LL BE JUS AS DESERTED.

MR 136 BHP NEEDS TO TEAR THE TRACK.

WED IS THE NEW MON:angel:

HOPE IT'LL BE JUS AS DESERTED.

MR 136 BHP NEEDS TO TEAR THE TRACK.

yea man, we better steer clear, i'll attend just to watch. :sweat:

Edited by CMYRS

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

$360?

Minerva?

Hmmmmmm

400 no slave cylinder la

All hydraulic systems need a master and a slave. The older 400/600/750 had the slave cylinder on the right side in the crank case, while all the newer engines had it on the left.

yea man, we better steer clear, i'll attend just to watch. :sweat:

watch?

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.:puke:

All hydraulic systems need a master and a slave. The older 400/600/750 had the slave cylinder on the right side in the crank case, while all the newer engines had it on the left.

loger that

my bad

only had the m400 for 3 mths i think:sweat:

2)ALEX

3)CYMRS(LOOK-LOOK SEE-SEE TAKE PHOTO)

4)

5)

10AM SESSION.TBC

WILL RIDE UP TO TANJONG PELEPAS VIA LIMA KEDAI FOR LUNCH AKA RECCE FOR NEXT JB OUTING

BACK HOME VIA 2ND LINK.TBC

Edited by technicolorhighway

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinie

Date Change to Sat, 20 to Tues, 23 June.

We will leave SG on June, direct to Penang. That's approx 700kms. 2 nights in Penang and then to KL for 1 night. Hotel costs will be approx RM$150 per night on a twin share basis. Meals, fuel, shopping and extras at your expense.

I have a support vehicle that can follow us to carry our gear, some spares, luggage, shopping, etc. Looking for 2 or 3 substitute riders/drivers who can drive up in this support vehicle and alternate the driving/riding.

If anyone is interested to fly up to Penang and join us, check with AirAsia, JetStar and SilkAir for some special deals to Penang.

So, all those interested in this trip, let's get together and start the preparations.

01. singhla

02. easy2findme

03. dinie

06. ViciousKitty74 (prefers to be support vehicle driver, passenger, pillion or substitute rider.)

PENANG BIKE WEEK 2009

Date : 19th to 21st June 2009

Venue : Paradise Sandy Beach Resort, Penang

Registration Fee : RM60.00 (Free Lunch & Dinner on 20th, T-Shirt, Sticker)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...Week/PngBW.jpgPENANG BIKE WEEK 2009

Date : 19th to 21st June 2009

Venue : Paradise Sandy Beach Resort, Penang

Registration Fee : RM60.00 (Free Lunch & Dinner on 20th, T-Shirt, Sticker)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc8/malaysiabikeweek2/Bike%20Week/PngBW.jpg

Sorry guys.

While waiting for discussion and confirmation for moving around in Malaysia.

Was this morning, within 30 minutes of a discussion with another party, reshuffled plans and booked air ticks to Phuket Thailand.

The beauty of internet and instant accesses it seems.

Though I can rush back before the 19th....and return to Phuket again after the 23rd......I will not confirm that unless I am really needed.

Can count me as pilot.

:cool: