SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Originally posted by Sols@May 6 2005, 01:06 AM

i know one stupid mito that cruises on 3rd gear at 160.... :giddy: :giddy: :giddy:

O.O 160 3rd gear....cruising somemore!!! i bet even a litre class sport bike cant do that...i mean on the cruising part.

btw tried n tested that a 100km/h monster is 120+ on most 2b bikes so.......

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nE0@May 6 2005, 12:31 AM

90 on 1st gear!! :giddy:

I'm using 14/38, so 1st gear is pretty darn tall. But at most I drag until 50 only, I hear the engine scream I heart pain liao, shift to 2nd.

Btw, my bike did 170 on NSH before, touched 180 on certain downhill stretches. But it was on 14/43 sprockets. Now on 14/38, it doesn't like to go past 140 even though there are plenty of revs left. Too tall gearing I guess, but 110 is very comfy for the engine and rider :thumb:

Yah! at 50 the engine is screaming already but i keep the trottle n is amazed by how much rev theres left.( my m4 got no rev counter...) its reached 90. Notice that everytime we engine brake using the 1st gear, theres a eeeeeuuuuu sound? That sound was EXTREMELY high pitch b4 i clutch in at 90.....good to hear once but once is all my heart can take.....

beside the point but Yeah i am now a p-plater now...gonna work harder:smile:

Originally posted by nE0@May 5 2005, 07:40 PM

I think you're getting the wrong idea.

110-120 is the comfortable cruising speed. Any higher, the windblast will make you feel very stressed and tired. This speed depends on individual, but for me, 120 is the most I can take for long trips.

I don't know how much the rims costs, but I know it costs about $80 to respray your rims bright red. And EVERYONE claims Ducati's maintainence is very expensive, without providing a breakdown. :sian: Go back and see how many times I've posted my maintenance cost breakdown.

lol, thanks bro.

so now ma main worries is on the maintiance part le... cuz if getting a 7 year old fp like tt, if no break down also got wear and tear de right? scare wait pay half way then cannot afford. roughly how much do u spent on ur machine monthly?

bro is it true tt ducati's values drops very fast? hows e petrol consumption like?

thanks...

Patience is vital

speed is nothing, LIFE is soMeThiNg!

Originally posted by Sols@May 6 2005, 12:32 AM

i think my little bike can go faster than that leh... lol...

but monster never try before lah... comfortable cruising speed usually hold at 110-120...

little bike same comfy cruising range... but if pull to 140-150, the bike is very smooth... and its only at like 9-10k rpm... redline is close to 12... lol... but these kinda speeds, i think i feel more stressed out than the bike... hahaha...

hmm.. tink ur mito top speed same as my rappy lo.. haha... :cheeky:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Guest nE0

Mars > Are you riding a Monster9? :confused:

Anyway, theres no RPM limiter on the Monster, cos theres no engine management electronics at all. Theres the oil level sensor, neutral light thing, thats about it I think...

Originally posted by vesparoy@May 6 2005, 10:35 AM

lol, thanks bro.

so now ma main worries is on the maintiance part le... cuz if getting a 7 year old fp like tt, if no break down also got wear and tear de right? scare wait pay half way then cannot afford. roughly how much do u spent on ur machine monthly?

bro is it true tt ducati's values drops very fast? hows e petrol consumption like?

thanks...

Hi just some of my thoughts.

Dun buy this bike for resale value.

Dun compare this bike w 4 inlines. (fuel consumption, maintenance cost, etc.)

I started riding this monster in Feb this year. And I cruise at ard 100 km/h to work.

I get frustrated sometimes. But the sound of this monster smooths my heart & mind everytime.

I love this bike and I'm enjoying the ride.

:goodluck:

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Originally posted by nE0@May 6 2005, 06:12 PM

Mars > Are you riding a Monster9? :confused:

Anyway, theres no RPM limiter on the Monster, cos theres no engine management electronics at all. Theres the oil level sensor, neutral light thing, thats about it I think...

yah m9 now with the rev counter 2. ^^

but the m4 accompanied me for 2 years...so got abit of xp with it ^^

Originally posted by nE0@May 7 2005, 10:13 AM

Chey, i tot you really go and rev your M4 to 90 in 1st gear :giddy:

Hows the M9? :thumb:

Nonono its the m4 i hit 90 in 1st. i havent exceed 40 in 1st on the m9......=.="

Hows m9.....althought the chasiss is almost identical, its still make me high n sweat when i first tried it. N i tot wats the diff man, just a more powerful m4 thats all. N i tot this shd fun. But everything just feels different. I suspect the tires had a part in it. Till now i am still enjoying every moment i m wif her n sometimes i still have this urge just to ride her around.:smile:

IMHO i think its definitely worth to get a M9, maintainance n fuel consumption is almost...if not the same. Always heard it even less problematic then the M4. So Y not ppl? ( i mean if u r thinking abt it)

Guest Brader

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and need all the apeks and aunties :sweat: :sorry: views or help. I'm waiting for my 2A tp test date next month :bounce: :bounce: . I'm a S'poren staying in jb and buying super4 is out of the question coz wait the gantong kena stolen. i went around just look see and found the monster4 :lovestruck: :lovestruck: . the shop qoute me $4800?!! few days later my friend read in the paper its going for $3800 what the ?@#% anyway is $3800 ok for fq plate? monsterssss :lovestruck:

Guest nE0

Hmm, maybe one day let me try? :D

Anyway, the M9 has twin front discs, which makes the front end alittle heavier therefore less agile. Tyre profile is bigger too, so its not as agile as the M4.

price is abt there but the 3800 can be lowered. Go n c the bike, if still very good condition, then y not? cheaper or more its ard 3.5 or less. Feel the bike whether u urself feels u r happy paying that amt of money for that piece of metal. Will u feel good, happy, proud of that 3.5k metal?

BTW maintainance is higher then japanese bike.

i think i can say welcome to the monster group to u! cos.....ya know? lol

Originally posted by nE0@May 6 2005, 12:39 AM

The Mito, a 125cc liquid cooled single cylinder engine, unrestricted, properly tuned, outputs about 30+hp. If you max it out, you can reach close to 300km/h, like 125cc class motoGP bikes.

300!!!!!! Thats really quite impossible!! ( ).( )

even a R1 cant do that.

but i will be really really astonished if its really the case.

125....300....rationally i just cant accept it......never!! even its the fact:giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :nono: :nono:

Guest nE0
Originally posted by Mars@May 8 2005, 04:02 AM

even a R1 cant do that.

125....300....rationally i just cant accept it......never!! even its the fact:giddy: :giddy: :giddy: :nono: :nono:

Well, the official land speed record for 125cc bikes is around 300km/h, if I remember correctly :D

Anyway, MotoGP 125 bikes reach 230+km/h, thats very impressive already!

Originally posted by nE0@May 6 2005, 12:55 AM

Well, i've heard of Mitos going 220 before. :thumb:

Mito 7 gears ... so can accelerate some more .. higher speed at lower torque

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/indralove/Track/Edited123.jpg

May the Gravity be with you

Retirement of the Wheelie Jedi

Originally posted by Mars@May 8 2005, 04:02 AM

even a R1 cant do that.

R1 2004 dyno run, Speed is already 320km/h

And i dont think that the motor GP 125cc is 30Bhp.... should be more .. even Max biaggi's Aprilia 250 already 195Bhp, where as the CBR900RR has only 90++ .....

There's once i remember that Aprilia 250 failed inpection twice when it's coming to Singapore.. until the 3rd time it passed .... then available on Singapore roads ..

reason being .. Aprilia changed to Suzuki G208 engine ....

Originally posted by nE0@May 8 2005, 02:28 AM

I'm selling mine for 5k :D

Any takers?

Y so expensive ah ? i heard many selling at 3k+ ..... y is there difference ?

Guest Brader

Hi bros! My uncle in jb sent his bike for pasir gudang drag race when there's one, i tried his daily commuter bike(panther suzuki) and i've reached 180 in 4th gear :giddy: and the stupid fact that i wasn't wearing my helmet and barefooted :slapforehead: wahlaueh. he told me that his bike can reach 240 :faint: . wah so next time someone in jb wanted to drag race with you at the red light, pause and think :angel: is he mad? dont bother coz they are damned crazy!!

Guest Brader

$5k, hhmm.. but i'm sure it's worth the price, i see you've been taking gd care of the bike, well for now no say coz still waiting for my tp :cheer: . hope pass but for now can only dream... if i'm lucky enough and maybe if can find shop for reloan. well for nowww :sweat: :sweat:

Originally posted by indralove@May 9 2005, 05:29 AM

R1 2004 dyno run, Speed is already 320km/h

And i dont think that the motor GP 125cc is 30Bhp.... should be more .. even Max biaggi's Aprilia 250 already 195Bhp, where as the CBR900RR has only 90++ .....

Dyno? means no wind? N biaggi 250cc having 200bhp?? :nono: :nono:

i really needs the stats rahther then words or rumours

Sometimes when we hear Sp n mito going 200+, its just wat ppl says. Even

if it really hit 200+, it onli the meter that shows 200+.

Yah true now that neo had say its a land speed record, its easier for me to accept that a 125 going near 300km/h, on a salt plain? but on track its really quite hard to digest......

i think to hit 200 is not very difficult leh... lol...

i'm running 14x43, 28mm stock carb, larger airbox and nothing else... most of the time i enter expressways at 120 on 4th gear and not know that i'm going that fast... cos the engine doesn't sound stressed... lol...

i tried clocking with my dad's M4, speeds are the same... so i guess either my mito is pretty accurate or the M4 is pretty off... hahaha...

From then to now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/solley/bikes.jpg

not to mention, for year 2000, the stock sprocket size is 14X38... but the airbox is TINY... and the exhaust headers are constricted...

From then to now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/solley/bikes.jpg