SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Originally posted by coolcat@Aug 21 2005, 03:55 PM

Monday working la .... hey, who was it that lives at Mandarin? Always see the bike in a car lot. Yellow with high pipes.

Ya .. game for meet up. Shall it be on a weekday? How about Thu?

Cheers

Cat

me. :cheeky: you live at mandarin as well? BTW I ride m400

When it comes to bikes, I only see red…

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Im back from the track. 10am on track on mon = nobody around. Had alot of fun on my first time at PG. For those of you considering going to the track, consider no more JUST GO!!! :thumb: My friend timed my best lap at 2:06. :sian: Anyone game for track session next monday? :smile:

For those going tomorrow, have fun!! And take care. :thumb:

Originally posted by easy2findme@Aug 22 2005, 08:56 PM

Hey guys, Im back from the track. 10am on track on mon = nobody around. Had alot of fun on my first time at PG. For those of you considering going to the track, consider no more JUST GO!!! :thumb: My friend timed my best lap at 2:06. :sian: Anyone game for track session next monday? :smile:

For those going tomorrow, have fun!! And take care. :thumb:

wow easy2findme, u are good man :cheeky:

tomo is no go, work is pretty heavy and also not much respone.

easy, since u have kakis, do u mind organising but preferable end of the week like friday.

early part of the week is always busy and monday is a no no for me :cheeky:

btw trying to have a get together this thurs, u ON??

hi all

trying to get another get-together this week thursday 25th aug

Time 7PM

Location KKFC (think this location is easier for everyone)

do put in your name if you are keen, hope neo can make it so that he can take the mass order for those interested in the clutch plates

:smile:

ok so far the respone are :

1) espido ok

2) easy2findme ok

3) D.O.C ok

4) neo ok

5)

6)

7)

Wa, 2:06! Thats really fast!

The race track is not where the Monster is born to be: Thats superbike territory, but nevertheless its great fun too. One day we should organise trips to the twisties, to get the ultimate riding experience! Nothing beats the feeling of fresh cool mountain air, and the sound of Ducati Desmos.... :p

Okok, better stop dreaming now. KKFC on thursday first!

2.06 at PG very respectable .... that's the timing of my frens on CBR954RR, Ducati 900SS and R1, and not the first time on track! Your're the man to watch!

Okie .. Thu then? Might not be riding my duke, will still turn up. :smile:

Agree with Neo, we need to go Mersing!

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Originally posted by D.O.C@Aug 22 2005, 11:18 PM

hi all

Time 7PM

do put in your name if you are keen, hope neo can make it so that he can take the mass order for those interested in the clutch plates

1) espido ok

2) easy2findme ok

3) D.O.C ok

4) neo ok

5)

6)

7)

Hi guys, juz wondering what the issue about the clutch plates?? I have 2 get mine replaced and have checked which cost S$280/= for the plates alone & another $40/= for the labour charge. Neo can get it cheaper?

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Hey D.O.C u sign up for me on thu is it? I might not be able to make it due to something on. But I will try to see if I can come.

I think it will be quite fun for all of us to ride to Mersing and twisties but I am just wary of open road and going fast around blind corners. For me i think the track is a safe place to do it and push the limits of the bike, although I am the limit to my bike :cheeky:

I try to organise one next friday ok? But i think it is doubtful for me cos that night I am flying to melbourne for work.

Originally posted by D.O.C@Aug 22 2005, 09:29 PM

yo bro, see u the monsters org that next year got new S4RS, 999 engine, ohlins parts ............. :lovestruck:

and only selling for US 13.5k think thats less than the SGD 21k for our S2R. donno how true that is.

Wow.... that would be the bike to look out for.

:cheer:

Sorry, can't make it for Thursday's meet. Got to take care of some urgent matters. Next time perhaps.

You folks have fun!

$280 for the Ducati Performance pressure plate? For alittle bit more can get some very nice ones, or check out the Ducati Rider's tread for the Speedymoto one.

From what I read, it is a fairly straighforward installation, just unbolt and bolt on the new clutch pressure plate. Thats the good thing about dry clutches!

What happened to your clutch plate by the way? I think if you are using a non-vented clutch cover, can get an even cheaper clutch pressure plate.

Originally posted by nE0@Aug 23 2005, 02:08 PM

$280 for the Ducati Performance pressure plate? For alittle bit more can get some very nice ones, or check out the Ducati Rider's tread for the Speedymoto one.

From what I read, it is a fairly straighforward installation, just unbolt and bolt on the new clutch pressure plate. Thats the good thing about dry clutches!

What happened to your clutch plate by the way? I think if you are using a non-vented clutch cover, can get an even cheaper clutch pressure plate.

Well, somehow there is a lost of speed when after certain distance. Minerva told me tat the clutch plates loss its effectiveness after it warm-up and basically need to have it replaced due to the wear out of the clutch plates.

Did check with other bike shop and they have suggested to get the original parts.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Italian bike so juz listen to wat other says!

:sweat:

Loss of speed? You mean the clutch starts to slip?

I see you mean Clutch plates, not the pressure plate. Have you tried cleaning it? Or maybe try changing the springs first? Costs a fraction of the clutch plates.

For the clutch plates, theres no other choice but to get original parts. If I'm not wrong you can get a 15% discount on parts if you buy and service at Minerva? Which means a $42 savings, the cost of the installation itself!

Originally posted by nE0@Aug 23 2005, 08:04 PM

Loss of speed? You mean the clutch starts to slip?

I see you mean Clutch plates, not the pressure plate. Have you tried cleaning it? Or maybe try changing the springs first? Costs a fraction of the clutch plates.

For the clutch plates, theres no other choice but to get original parts. If I'm not wrong you can get a 15% discount on parts if you buy and service at Minerva? Which means a $42 savings, the cost of the installation itself!

Well, have let other bike shop checked and they gave the same advice to have the plates replaced....

Didnt noe service bike at Minerva got discount! Didnt hear from from them thou... will check it out when have my bike service there.

Thanks for advice neo :smile:

Originally posted by nE0@Aug 22 2005, 11:56 PM

Wa, 2:06! Thats really fast!

The race track is not where the Monster is born to be: Thats superbike territory, but nevertheless its great fun too. One day we should organise trips to the twisties, to get the ultimate riding experience! Nothing beats the feeling of fresh cool mountain air, and the sound of Ducati Desmos.... :p

Okok, better stop dreaming now. KKFC on thursday first!

power.

2.06 is for m4??

i bet the monster s4 can do 1.50s

yeah i miss the twins sound.

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

Originally posted by Jess1717@Aug 24 2005, 01:07 PM

Well, have let other bike shop checked and they gave the same advice to have the plates replaced....

Didnt noe service bike at Minerva got discount! Didnt hear from from them thou... will check it out when have my bike service there.

Thanks for advice neo :smile:

Hey, does your monster use a Wet or Dry clutch?

If its the wet clutch, I changed my clutch plates AND springs for $240 labour inclusive. The bike shifted much better after that, and the clutch became alot smoother.

Originally posted by D.O.C@Aug 22 2005, 11:18 PM

hi all

Time 7PM

1) espido m400 ok

2) easy2findme m400 ok

3) D.O.C s4 ok

4) neo ok

5)

6)

7)

Anymore riders turning up? Come on those who did not make it on the previous sunday meetup, join if you can. must see doc's chrome tank :thumb:

thx for ur enthusiams ;)

seems pretty difficult to suit everyones schedule.

anyway neo pt was taken. trying to meet up first to match nick and name with a face :) so next time we do a regular event, easier to recognise each other. also must exchange HP no. going thru this is pretty difficult to get everyone.

subsequently will try to do a trip to malaysia.

thursday 25th aug

Time 7PM

do put in your name if you are keen,

1) espido ok

2) easy2findme ok

3) D.O.C ok

4) neo ok

5)tincan (cant make it)

6)coolcat ok

7)

any one i miss out ? my apologies :cheeky:

Guys ... something cropped up, will fill you guys in later. May do a show face and run .. really sorry, man, especially when I'm one of the first to confirm.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg