SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Thats the one, FZ plate. Sounds great, looks great, and when you're cold just warm yourself beside the gigantic engine :thumb:

I'm waiting for the right bike and the right time, now just try to save some $ first.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by coolcat@Jul 19 2005, 12:10 AM

I'm game for a tour, and with enuff notice, I can get 2 more monsters and 2 other dukes.

Cheers

Cat

tour?to wer?

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

Originally posted by nE0@Jul 18 2005, 11:38 PM

At absolutely low RPMs, a V-twin will always feel lumpy because the power pulse is half that of an inline4 (4 power pulses per cycle as compared to two).

But V-twins are more fun to use, have better feel and all that. If you're used to the F4i then I'm sorry to say, you'd be dissapinted with the power of the M600. That being said, I'll bet you'll enjoy the Monster more than your F4i.

Inline4s are easier to use, but V-twins are alot more fun and involving to ride. The M600 is a nice bike, but why not get the M900? The difference in price is not very much, and maintenance costs exactly the same.

Thanks for the info Neo, well hope tat i wont have any prob with the handling.

Well, wanted a M9 but then no1 was selling at tat moment & the ex owner wanted to let go the M6 and so juz bought it. :smile:

http://www.mvagusta.com.au/welcome/images/F4CC1.jpg

Originally posted by coolcat@Jul 19 2005, 12:10 AM

I'm game for a tour, and with enuff notice, I can get 2 more monsters and 2 other dukes.

Cheers

Cat

Want to go out call me also. I think I hide for a long time liao. Agree with me Neo?

Originally posted by lea@Jul 20 2005, 02:35 AM

Want to go out call me also. I think I hide for a long time liao. Agree with me Neo?

You~! Always so busy.... :slapforehead:

A good condition FQ should be worth about 4k nowadays. Newer ones slightly more expensive.

But more important than the price of the machine, is the condition of the machine. No point buying a cheap one then spending hundreds of dollars fixing it.

Originally posted by nE0@Jul 22 2005, 12:56 AM

A good condition FQ should be worth about 4k nowadays. Newer ones slightly more expensive.

But more important than the price of the machine, is the condition of the machine. No point buying a cheap one then spending hundreds of dollars fixing it.

Neo, you are damn right man!

Dun be like me. Thot I got a good deal but ended up spending another $600 (not inclusive of workmanship... & u noe how much they charge for workmanship for ducs... not cheap!!!)

Btw, anyone knows where to change engine oil? About time to change. Or anyone willing to teach me to DYI?

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Originally posted by vincekam@Jul 22 2005, 09:16 PM

Have any of you guys own a ducati place your IU (ERP unit) under your seat?

Think it's possible?

I am just wondering only. Wondering if it's possible, would the cable be long enough?

If fixed, just ride into an operational ERP to test? If fail, pay the fines?

Cheers!

I think not worth the trouble.

:goodluck:

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Ducatitan : The oil drain nut is on the right side of the engine case, so you gotta put the bike up on a paddock stand to do it properly.

After unscrewing the huge bolt, oil will pour out, and the oil screen might drop out too. Use a brush and compressed air to clean the screen, then replace it. Fill according to the manual stated quantity.

hi neo

where do u do ur oil change, or servicing?

so far i have been bring it back to minerva which charges me bombs :cry:

am now looking for other work shops, any recommendation? wonder how much michael at kallang charges?

the full servicing is the worst but so far reading from all the comments here seems like an essential part of owning V-twins :cheer:

i ride an S4 monster.

Well guys, Jade and I met up and exchanged a few pointers on the duke. If you guys are keen, why donlt we meet up this Wednesday, 27/7 after work? KTM Railway station about 6.30?

If response not good we'll call it off la.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

I don't know of many people who are properly trained to service Ducati Superbike engines. Normal maintenance like oil, oil filter,coolant etc can be done anywhere. But valve clearance, belt change etc, i think its best to let Minerva or if you trust, Micheal to do the job.

Or, you can get a haynes manual and do it yourself,if you have the tools.

Well guys, Jade and I met up and exchanged a few pointers on the duke. If you guys are keen, why donlt we meet up this Wednesday, 27/7 after work? KTM Railway station about 6.30?

cool but just curious why meet there? need to pay erp or not (inside CBD?)

any contact no. im keen.

I don't know of many people who are properly trained to service Ducati Superbike engines. Normal maintenance like oil, oil filter,coolant etc can be done anywhere. But valve clearance, belt change etc, i think its best to let Minerva or if you trust, Micheal to do the job.

thx neo, guess thats why my bike has been reliable for these couple of yrs :cheeky:

anyone has any experience with michael?

Originally posted by coolcat@Jul 23 2005, 10:54 AM

If response not good we'll call it off la.

Cheers

Cat

CBD area on a weekday during peak hours?

How abt meetup for dinner or supper?

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Originally posted by nE0@Jul 23 2005, 03:12 AM

Ducatitan : The oil drain nut is on the right side of the engine case, so you gotta put the bike up on a paddock stand to do it properly.

After unscrewing the huge bolt, oil will pour out, and the oil screen might drop out too. Use a brush and compressed air to clean the screen, then replace it. Fill according to the manual stated quantity.

neo, thanks!

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Originally posted by ducatitan@Jul 24 2005, 08:10 PM

CBD area on a weekday during peak hours?

How abt meetup for dinner or supper?

No la .... KTM is outside the CBD .. go by Keppel Road

I'm open to anything, just give me advance notice of 2 days.

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg