SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Basic theory valid for how long?

tidy

after i passed my basic theory test which i took as a private student, how long will it last before it expires? i'm planning to enrol with the driving school but short of cash. how much is enrolment & does it include prac 1? :confused:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tidy@April 14, 2007 01:52 am

after i passed my basic theory test which i took as a private student, how long will it last before it expires?

If i am not wrong,it is valid for 5 years..:smile:

You can check out the varies driving school website for pricing but as a private student,do you need to enroll?

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

if i am not wrong, ur basic theory is one time passing only. subsequently when u book for theory test, it will be for your final theory ... and that is only valid for 2 years if i remember correctly..

then u need to apply for your PDL , only then would u need to enrol in any of the centres and book your test date. better complete your FTT and apply for PDL license .. then learn ur practicals , if ur a private student. the average waiting time for your test date for private student is now between 5-6 months ...

:faint:

:cool: rempiticon #76

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photos/LG8O8616.jpg

Originally posted by tidy@April 14, 2007 01:52 am

after i passed my basic theory test which i took as a private student, how long will it last before it expires? i'm planning to enrol with the driving school but short of cash. how much is enrolment & does it include prac 1? :confused:

the amount you paid when u enrol is juz enuff for you to book ur TP Test date.

as you are taking the test as a private candidate, the amount and the rates u need to fork out for your practical lessons is between u and ur private driving instructor ..

:goodluck:

thanx for the fast replies, but wat i meant is i took the BTT first, paid $6. then i planned to enroll at eg. SSDC as a student there. cos usually people enroll, then they go the theory classes, then they sit fot BTT. but in my case i took the BTT first, then i enroll WITH my BTT passed, at SSDC as a student.. not sure if enrollment includes prac 1 or not.

Hmm, to what i know... BTT is valid lifetime and it does not have an expiry date. Unless you have been revoked than you need to retake BTT. BTT is to allow you to apply for PDL which will let you drive on the road.

After passing BTT, then u can sit for FTT which will allow you to book for TP test. FTT has a validity of 2 years after passing.

And, enrollment does not include 1st prac. Its the cost of registration, the BTT and FTT books and your insurance. Hope this helps... cheers!

De@th is Cert@in, Life is Not. Live life, ride s@fely.

2003 - Aprilia Extrema (FN649J) scrapped

2005 - TZM 150 (FP398Y) sold Dec '06

2005 - SP 150 (FT3783B) sold Oct '06

2006 - Wave S 125 (FU9094M) sold Jan '07

2006 - Aprilia RS250 (FP1807C) sold Nov '07

2006 - Hyper Vtec (FR6993D) sold Dec '07

2008 - CBR 150

2011 - GSXR K9 1000

Originally posted by tidy@April 14, 2007 02:50 am

that clears my questions. thank you so much for your answers. any idea how much for the enrollment?

if you had passed ur BTT ,

Course Type -Class 3B Passed BTT

Final Theory Test Theory Lesson -2 Lessons

Enrolment Fee-S$84.00

Theory Lesson Fee-S$31.50

Total Fee-S$115.50

ouh, this is for SSDC btw ... :goodluck:

Basic Theory is valid for a lifetime...

Advanced Theory is valid for 2 years..

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Originally posted by 7sixxer@April 14, 2007 06:51 am

if you had passed ur BTT ,

Course Type -Class 3B Passed BTT

Final Theory Test Theory Lesson -2 Lessons

Enrolment Fee-S$84.00

Theory Lesson Fee-S$31.50

Total Fee-S$115.50

ouh, this is for SSDC btw ... :goodluck:

1 off peak hour prac is $58...gd luck

http://www.parrotparrot.com/stopcruelty/cruelty1.gif

asking for someone...

BTT that piece of paper lost how? Able to book the FTT w/o it? Can the Driving Centres trace it or something? My wife lost that pc of paper leh...

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Originally posted by madman@April 20, 2007 01:01 am

asking for someone...

BTT that piece of paper lost how? Able to book the FTT w/o it? Can the Driving Centres trace it or something? My wife lost that pc of paper leh...

no worries, juz produce ur NRIC to book ur FTT ..

it's recorded in the system that you have passed ..

If you are gonna be short of cash for quite a period of time, its better to take your licence as a private student.

Rather than taking it as under a school and you gotta delay and delay and stretch your learning period.

Originally posted by madman@April 20, 2007 01:01 am

asking for someone...

btw, just for added info...

Basic Theory Test Results is valid for lifetime... just like your photocard licence! :cheeky:

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

In average, private learners paid 20%-40% lesser than those school learners... :goodluck:

Be a master of your habits, or they will master you...

Don't let the crowd pressure you, stand for something or you'll fall for anything...

Don't be a show off when you drive, drive with safety and arrive...

God Bless all riders...

• 4 weeks later...

BTT is lifetime,

FTT only 2yr.

hmm if u are a fast learners get private, but practical test date will be very long (means u have to wait for very long for a test date)

School is good for those slow learners, test date very easy to get

Dec 2005 >>> Honda NSP SP FTXXXXX

May 2008 >>> Honda S4 Version S FPXXXXX

Nov 2013 >>> Suzuki GSR 750 FBHXXXXX

http://speedtest.net/result/1305357059.png

but in my case i took the BTT first, then i enroll WITH my BTT passed, at SSDC as a student.. not sure if enrollment includes prac 1 or not.

Is your intention to save money? It doesn't work for BBDC; don't know about other schools.

BBDC requires you to go through all their theory lessons, whether you have passed your BT or FT before enrolling. My two basic theory lessons were the last two lessons I took -- I've finished all practical lessons -- before I could book for TP.

(void *) &NHY;

We live in interesting times!

oh for SSDC need to go thru the theory lesson thru e-learning or lesson in class. ( even u pass ur BTT or FTT )

but for prac 1 i guess every1 have to go for it because it teaches u how to move forward or backward, don't worry if u are a fast learner and with PDL u can go out the circuit during pract 1.

Dec 2005 >>> Honda NSP SP FTXXXXX

May 2008 >>> Honda S4 Version S FPXXXXX

Nov 2013 >>> Suzuki GSR 750 FBHXXXXX

http://speedtest.net/result/1305357059.png