SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJR1300

mini-dero

Originally posted by mutant_sheep@March 19, 2007 05:50 pm

then u should get ST1300 :cheer:

hence FJR is not cheap bike.

Thanks Guys,

My problem is I don't know how long I will be in Hong Kong and it is difficult for a non Chinese to find prices etc without spending hours finding and going to dealers. If I buy a new bike then have to sell it in a year I will lose a lot. My recent previous bikes (in the Philippines) were a Honda Valkyrie and a CB1300. I am 62 so a comfortable bike is important. I can't ride low handlebar sports bikes anymore but I still want performance. It looks like its gonna be the ST1300 if I buy new.

I am old enough to remember when bikes were dangerous and sex was safe.

Cars & Bikes, classifieds, forums, etc in Hong Kong

http://carsalesasia.com/images/CSA.jpg

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by deanz4@March 20, 2007 08:34 pm

bro thongkh... there are few box that you could use.. but do u really wanna in there???

i too have a top box but why i need it is just to put my rain coat and ny bike cover...and a few small items...

so i just bought a pelican box(u can try and search) and it did the job,....

to install it on the bike i went to seng kwang to fabricate my rack...

CHEERS....

:thumb: thankz dude :smile: will check it out

Rain Locations in Singapore

http://www.nea.gov.sg/data/xml/dt/rainlocation_map.gif

http://www.nea.gov.sg/App_Themes/NeaFrontEnd/images/legend_rain_intensities.gif

Originally posted by furbykong@March 21, 2007 12:31 pm

hi guys, i am encountering a fault code 11 (engine trouble light on) on my fjr. it says "cylinder identification sensor failure". I have a mech whom i used to go to but he needs the service manual (or factory manual) on this fault in order to troubleshoot it.

would like to ask if anyone is kind enough to lend or sell this section to me. By the way for sharing purpose the bike is still "rideable" with this fault, but it becomes jerky sometimes if maintained at low rpm and has a tendency to die off if clutched in to roll at higher rpms.

thanks for reading. by the way ashenz i hope to contact u regarding the sliders soon. Pretty busy recently, thanks

if in that case meng tong act so "tau" then u better go back to HL. at least mr. Lee wont be so "lan si" said that they r not entertain bike that is not brought from them. :sian:

as for the service manual i hv a copy for pre-06' model FJR. call me at 92432258 & collect them at bedok. i burn in CD for u. :smile:

price: a cup of coffe :cheeky: :cheeky:

Originally posted by Dragon Rider@March 21, 2007 03:13 pm

Thanks Guys,

My problem is I don't know how long I will be in Hong Kong and it is difficult for a non Chinese to find prices etc without spending hours finding and going to dealers. If I buy a new bike then have to sell it in a year I will lose a lot. My recent previous bikes (in the Philippines) were a Honda Valkyrie and a CB1300. I am 62 so a comfortable bike is important. I can't ride low handlebar sports bikes anymore but I still want performance. It looks like its gonna be the ST1300 if I buy new.

bro,

HK has basically the same range of bikes as SG & think theirs r also Europe specs. it shouldn't be too difficult for u to find ur way ard with bikes as they also learn 'Queen's' english there.

:goodluck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by cheeko@March 20, 2007 07:23 pm

:btw: cos bike is too heavy for him

:giddy:

guess u will be selling ur T-max in afew yrs. so is T-Max too heavy for u too?

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by comot1300@March 21, 2007 03:01 pm

dont really know whether meng tong loois will help :confused:

a friend riding fjr went up to look for him but he refused to repair the bike saying that he only do repairs of bike that are purchase from loois motor.

I didnt get my bike from Looi's either. But i called up Meng Tong and asked for an appointment which he gladly gave me. I find him quite friendly. Maybe he just busy on that day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by comics00@March 21, 2007 10:03 pm

:smile: no really, its an extremely fun bike although its not as powerful as FJR. but most important abt riding is to have fun.

Tat y until now never `ai wan' since i purchase the bike :smile:

Originally posted by comics00@March 21, 2007 10:03 pm

:faint: :faint:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

dunno until when " selling fjr bcos of it too heavy" topic will ended... :(

My Ride:

Phantom 200 ( Jun 04' - 28th Jan 05')

Super 4 Spec III (28th Jan 05 - 14th July 06)..Defender Jr.

Silver Storm FJR1300A ABS (14th July 06)..Defender

Where I been Done..

06' 3NCR ( Sg - Betong - Phuket - Hatyai )

07' MHS ( Sg - Hatyai - Hua Hin - CM - MS - GT - Doi Tung - MHS - Doi Ithanon )

08' Phuket ( Sg - Phuket - Hatyai )

See my ride @ happycookies.multiply.com :thumb:

Originally posted by happy_cookies@March 22, 2007 07:18 pm

dunno until when " selling fjr bcos of it too heavy" topic will ended... :(

:D As long as tee-ko-peh is around here, dun think it'll ever end. He gave me the same reason previously when I asked him why he selling his FJR. :D

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg

Bad day for me.....

Incident 1

Traveling along Macpherson Road today. A jay-walker crossing a Traffic Controlled junction while its red man!!! Worse thing is, he is looking to his left when the trafffic is from his right.. Horn at the arsehole but he didnt hear my stebel magnum till quite near. Need to jam brake and swerve to the right to avoid him... God forgive me but i think these pple deserve to mati....

Incident 2 (bit long...)

Caught a glimspe of a repsol rider (F* 6539) entering PIE. Weaving in and out, traveling on road shoulder, but its totally none of my business and i dun give a damn cuz i lane split alot too. Lost sight of the rider and lane splitting on my own on the fastest lane-split-lane. Open space on my left and this repsol rider appeared and cut to my lane. Had I not E-Brake initiative-ly, would have kenna its backside. Flash high-beam to warn HER of the danger she's creating. Guess what, she got the cheek to lift her left hand and signal "what did I do wrong?". OMG.....

Its been very long since I post these kind of "complaints" about inconsiderate motorists cuz i feel its so common. I also think its unavoidable to lane split while riding but at least check for safety first before you weave lah... To be so arrogant after commiting a wrong.. Haiz.. Whats with kids these days... Karma...my "friend".... Karma....

Incident 3

Caught in the rain after leaving wheelock carpark so turn back and park at the pavement. Went into wheelock and recalled my cash card in my IU. Quickly rush back to take and its gone... Less than 3 mins.... May all those who steal my cash cards... MATI.....

"I see strange pple....."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

Originally posted by omnislash@March 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Bad day for me.....

Incident 1

Traveling along Macpherson Road today. A jay-walker crossing a Traffic Controlled junction while its red man!!! Worse thing is, he is looking to his left when the trafffic is from his right.. Horn at the arsehole but he didnt hear my stebel magnum till quite near. Need to jam brake and swerve to the right to avoid him... God forgive me but i think these pple deserve to mati....

Incident 2 (bit long...)

Caught a glimspe of a repsol rider (F* 6539) entering PIE. Weaving in and out, traveling on road shoulder, but its totally none of my business and i dun give a damn cuz i lane split alot too. Lost sight of the rider and lane splitting on my own on the fastest lane-split-lane. Open space on my left and this repsol rider appeared and cut to my lane. Had I not E-Brake initiative-ly, would have kenna its backside. Flash high-beam to warn HER of the danger she's creating. Guess what, she got the cheek to lift her left hand and signal "what did I do wrong?". OMG.....

Its been very long since I post these kind of "complaints" about inconsiderate motorists cuz i feel its so common. I also think its unavoidable to lane split while riding but at least check for safety first before you weave lah... To be so arrogant after commiting a wrong.. Haiz.. Whats with kids these days... Karma...my "friend".... Karma....

Incident 3

Caught in the rain after leaving wheelock carpark so turn back and park at the pavement. Went into wheelock and recalled my cash card in my IU. Quickly rush back to take and its gone... Less than 3 mins.... May all those who steal my cash cards... MATI.....

OMG!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/resources/6795/assets/images/Technical/data_r1200gs_thumbnail.gif

Originally posted by mutant_sheep@March 24, 2007 12:19 am

omni: i think i know this "repsol" gal.. should be a malay gal rite?

she just change her engine due to some should be die idiot sabo her bike..

:nono: o_O

So meaning she's the suay one???

:confused:

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/resources/6795/assets/images/Technical/data_r1200gs_thumbnail.gif

Originally posted by kailong@March 24, 2007 06:40 am

So meaning she's the suay one???

:confused:

Yoz, buddy, you have got PM...

Meet up after you get your new love. When will you be getting it?? :thumb:

Bye, guys... I going off le... Going to Malacca this afternoon... Hope to be able to meet up after I return. :smile:

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

Originally posted by seahmh@March 24, 2007 10:04 am

Yoz, buddy, you have got PM...

Meet up after you get your new love. When will you be getting it?? :thumb:

Bye, guys... I going off le... Going to Malacca this afternoon... Hope to be able to meet up after I return. :smile:

Haha, by next week will be able ot collect it.

Looks like you've being a touring freak very fast huh!!!

Hope to join you for touring soon...

Meet-up this comeing Fri nite at KKFC 8.30pm til late...

for those who will joint me for mhs, we will talk abt e trip....

for those who wanna meet others FJRians beside you, come and make some new fren...:)

My Ride:

Where I been Done..

Originally posted by happy_cookies@March 25, 2007 01:05 am

Meet-up this comeing Fri nite at KKFC 8.30pm til late...

for those who will joint me for mhs, we will talk abt e trip....

for those who wanna meet others FJRians beside you, come and make some new fren...:)

looks like it will be me & u again :nono: :nono:

:sweat:

wat is mhs...???

this is our secret trip for those who use to joint our meet-up...:)

My Ride:

Where I been Done..

Originally posted by happy_cookies@March 25, 2007 01:01 pm

wat is mhs...???

this is our secret trip for those who use to joint our meet-up...:)

Wah, like that also can ar!!!

Ok la, if i got my bike by this fri :lovestruck: then i'll go down meet up with you guys, but must tell me what's mhs leh...

hm... trip and rider been comfirm since few month ago...

but u still can joint us for e meet-up...

My Ride:

Where I been Done..

Originally posted by omnislash@March 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Bad day for me.....

Incident 1

Incident 2 (bit long...)

Incident 3

i'm glad its just complain, nothing really happened... :thumb:

btw, had bought my rear box bracket at regina, cost $140, self installed. :smile: now my bike got planty of storage space since i put 42 lit rear box, :lovestruck: but no more look like tp liao... :weep:

Rain Locations in Singapore

http://www.nea.gov.sg/data/xml/dt/rainlocation_map.gif

http://www.nea.gov.sg/App_Themes/NeaFrontEnd/images/legend_rain_intensities.gif

wah liew... u guyz go MHS @ my busiest time... i wana go too :cry:

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?