SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DNA180 corner

LouisB

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 12 2005, 12:37 PM

Ha ha, yeah, I know! If we can use zip cuffs to restrain detainees, I think it should be strong enough! Ha ha, love the peace of mind!

Cheers...

Hey bro, seeing spidey bro's rather busy of late, why dun you take the call and firm up the meet-up date and ocation, and post it here?

Thanks lots really; Cheers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg

Hmmm, ok, lets make it simply, same as the last outing...

Time: 2030hrs

Date: 15th October 2005

Requirements: Must own a DNA, kidding lahz...

Final confirmation (carry on the list)

1) Daniel Burgess

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

1) Daniel Burgess

2) Stroker (pending, might have to go back to work)

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 12 2005, 10:41 AM

Yea, I heard of threadlock glues, but problem is, some of the glues are not heat resistant, so not a really good idea for the screws near my exhaust.

As for riding the DNA, in my humble opinion it is a really easy bike to ride, just that it can get a little wobbly at high speeds. Yeah, it might take sometime before you want to pillion, he he, I was pillioning people after 2 weeks! But of course not my girlfriend. Only pillion people I "don't like so much"! Kidding only! And ever got people fall off the back of my DNA! Because the DNA seat got no sissy bar, and the hand grips are under the seat (some of my friends cannot reach), so he never grab anything, when traffic light turn green, cheong ah, he he he....

One more thing, if you have not riden a bike for a long time, best to treat your bike like a car for awhile and not squeeze in between traffic, stay to the centre of the lane, cause alot of my friends did that and they kanna people's mirror, one of my friend's on a Kup Kia knocked off a Mercedes SLK mirror, don't know if he is paying through his teeth?! He just had his license for 3 days!

Cheers...

Same company that makes the treadlock do have a product that you can use in places that gets hot I use it on my car`s manifold or you can use bit of heat resistant silicon that should help bolts getting undone by vibration

Originally posted by chua_chee_keong@Oct 12 2005, 08:37 PM

Saw a DNA install a GPR pipe yesterday and it sound ok. But dunno how is the performances of it.

That should be Daniel that you're talking about.. At TH right?? He posted his comments a few posts back..

Cheers

Originally posted by MonaroDna@Oct 12 2005, 10:07 PM

Same company that makes the treadlock do have a product that you can use in places that gets hot I use it on my car`s manifold or you can use bit of heat resistant silicon that should help bolts getting undone by vibration

Hi mate, you happen to be going to Phillip Island to ctach the GP?? Very tricky track to race, so it'll be great watching the motoGP there..

Cheers

Originally posted by stroker@Oct 12 2005, 12:51 AM

BTW all, there's this immaculate gray (rare) DNA I saw sometime back at cineleisure.. Never got the chance to put a note to invite the owner here.. Shame..

PS: the humble little blue dna at the background is mine..

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9615/img0501small2ex.jpg

Ey...did you go buy bey pio??

Until now, I haven't seen 2 DNAs parked in the same carpark before!! :smile:

Yea, I heard of threadlock glues, but problem is, some of the glues are not heat resistant, so not a really good idea for the screws near my exhaust.

As for riding the DNA, in my humble opinion it is a really easy bike to ride, just that it can get a little wobbly at high speeds. Yeah, it might take sometime before you want to pillion, he he, I was pillioning people after 2 weeks! But of course not my girlfriend. Only pillion people I "don't like so much"! Kidding only! And ever got people fall off the back of my DNA! Because the DNA seat got no sissy bar, and the hand grips are under the seat (some of my friends cannot reach), so he never grab anything, when traffic light turn green, cheong ah, he he he....

One more thing, if you have not riden a bike for a long time, best to treat your bike like a car for awhile and not squeeze in between traffic, stay to the centre of the lane, cause alot of my friends did that and they kanna people's mirror, one of my friend's on a Kup Kia knocked off a Mercedes SLK mirror, don't know if he is paying through his teeth?! He just had his license for 3 days!

Cheers...

Hmm....taking up the centre of a lane, one must also constantly look in the rear view mirrors....

Cos there are many drivers who like to tailgate and squeeze you out, as if road space entitlement is according to road tax amount. :mad:

1) Daniel Burgess

2) Stroker (pending, might have to go back to work)

3) TwisterX (Will be late....)

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 12 2005, 11:40 AM

Dammit! Yesterday go ride my friend's Yamaha X1, haha, tempting! So cheap to pump full tank! Ha ha, anyway, just out of curiousity, how often you guys do oil change?

Cheers...

Well, I'll be changing mine during regular maintenance at 3,000. I've heard people say it's not really necessary at 3,000??

Originally posted by twisterx@Oct 12 2005, 10:59 PM

Ey...did you go buy bey pio??

Until now, I haven't seen 2 DNAs parked in the same carpark before!! :smile:

Buy his or mine???? Now still 'par kay' or not?? LOL

Originally posted by chua_chee_keong@Oct 12 2005, 11:13 PM

No, not at TH.

Wow!! That means there's another DNA with GPR pipe lurking somewhere around... Hmmm... Daniel, heard that?? Lucky you're ONE day earlier than that guy..

BTW

Cheers

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 12 2005, 01:35 AM

Hehehe, ok, I will remember to tighten the screws! As for the KKFC, we will meet at 20:30pm?

Hmmm, Ran, you did the transfer of the DNA on 10thOctober 2005 at Tai Hin motors right? If so, you missed me by about 10 or 20 minutes as I met the seller, was there to put on the exhaust pipe!

Cheers...

JTWL, where you work by the way ah?

boat quay..

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Heyz,

Chua, you care to tell us where you saw the other DNA getting it's GPR zorst? Was it you saw it at STA? Ha ha, because to me, I find it easier to win 4D then for 2 DNA's to get the same pipe on the same day! Kidding only lahz!

Hmmm, JTWL, gonna be hard for me to carry your seat on that day, as I will be pillioning people, how about on the day, just swing by my place after work? Sounds good bro?

Stroker, I was just wandering, is it the norm for the bike to vibrate quite badly at low speeds? Like riding below 20km/h?

Cheers guys!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 13 2005, 01:01 AM

Heyz,

Chua, you care to tell us where you saw the other DNA getting it's GPR zorst? Was it you saw it at STA? Ha ha, because to me, I find it easier to win 4D then for 2 DNA's to get the same pipe on the same day! Kidding only lahz!

Hmmm, JTWL, gonna be hard for me to carry your seat on that day, as I will be pillioning people, how about on the day, just swing by my place after work? Sounds good bro?

Stroker, I was just wandering, is it the norm for the bike to vibrate quite badly at low speeds? Like riding below 20km/h?

Cheers guys!

but i after is 3am.. wait here wait there then go makan till reach ur place ard 5 lidat.. on bo?

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Cheers...

Thanks for the tips dude. Will keep that in mind. But fly ppl off my bike, haha... that one i got to do some time. (ppl i dun really like) :cheeky: Just kidding...

Originally posted by stroker@Oct 12 2005, 12:35 PM

Not Threadock la.. The brand is Loctite.. Its very good.. Its a type of threadlock glue.. But the prob is it dries up very fast.. So chances are yr bottle will be gone by the time you had a 2nd usage for it.. Another alternative is using lock-nuts.. That'll prevent it from vibrating loose... I just too lazy to be bothered with something as mundane as a number plate (?!?!?)

Cheers

Hmm... then maybe Daniel should get one and when we meet up for the outing. Can pass on to do the rest of the DNAs. That way, it will make full use of it. Haha... :smile:

Originally posted by rantkw@Oct 13 2005, 03:27 AM

Hmm... then maybe Daniel should get one and when we meet up for the outing. Can pass on to do the rest of the DNAs. That way, it will make full use of it. Haha... :smile:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

daniel dun mind hor?? :cheeky:

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 13 2005, 01:01 AM

Heyz,

Cheers guys!

Like Ive been discussing about this many many posts back... Ive came to the conclusion that its the power delivery of the pipe that causes the jittery... Cos when I changed back to stock, everything's ironed out. Like Ive said b4 too, the GPR gives a much better throttle response low down, so it makes it harder to ride, cos the power is more raw..

Got it?

Originally posted by rantkw@Oct 13 2005, 03:27 AM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BEST!!!!

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 13 2005, 12:48 PM

GOT IT!!!! He he he, now my Gilera sound like a Honda phantom. Anyway, when can show me how to "MOD" my zorst! He he he...

Cheers...

:help: :help: :help: I'm innocent!! I dun do mod!!!

:nono: hehehe