SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DNA180 corner

LouisB

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, TwisterX, when you saw me the other day, were you off duty or were you with a speed camera in hand? He he he!!!

Anyway, I think blue smoke was incomplete combustion of fuel? Correct me if I was wrong, but I heard blue smoke before...

One last thing guys. The polo-t's, I was thinking, would you like to put something on the bacK? Like for example:

1) Leave it empty.

2) Nickname? Something like soccer jerseys?

3) A club name or motto?

And can I please have a confirmation of how many shirts to get? As it would make the ordering process alot easier...

Cheers guys!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

Originally posted by stroker@Oct 25 2005, 08:57 PM

BAUAHAHAH!! The one whom you saw on yr own mirror the other time?? HAHA.. Joking!

Funni you!

Cheers

Hmm....maybe?

Oh....no wonder the one i saw in my mirror the last time looked familiar....hehe... :giddy: :sweat: :cheeky:

Originally posted by chua_chee_keong@Oct 26 2005, 08:42 PM

Hi DNA bros & sis, do join us in the Scooter Ride Out :smile: Hope to gather more scooter members to join in the fun, laughter and ride out together. :smile:

:mad: it a sat.. hav 2 work :sorry:

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 26 2005, 11:15 PM

Hmmm, TwisterX, when you saw me the other day, were you off duty or were you with a speed camera in hand? He he he!!!

Anyway, I think blue smoke was incomplete combustion of fuel? Correct me if I was wrong, but I heard blue smoke before...

One last thing guys. The polo-t's, I was thinking, would you like to put something on the bacK? Like for example:

1) Leave it empty.

3) A club name or motto?

And can I please have a confirmation of how many shirts to get? As it would make the ordering process alot easier...

Cheers guys!

Stroker - Hee... Just curious. Do not know much abt bike yet. Sure learning alot from you guys. Thanks!!!

Daniel - I would prefer to put our name on the collar or the sleeve. Hee.. As for the polo t, Im on! x 01

CCK - Not sure yet. If free will drop by.

Originally posted by rantkw@Oct 27 2005, 05:29 AM

Stroker - Hee... Just curious. Do not know much abt bike yet. Sure learning alot from you guys. Thanks!!!

Daniel - I would prefer to put our name on the collar or the sleeve. Hee.. As for the polo t, Im on! x 01

CCK - Not sure yet. If free will drop by.

No problemo... We're all learning.. Im very new to scoots too! Cheers!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg

1) Leave it empty.

3) A club name or motto?

Cheers guys!

For me I think leave behind empty or just a small brand Gilera would be good... perhaps our own name (small one) would be nice on the sleves...

Booking of 1 shirt for me... adult size s... :cheeky:

Anybody going for the scooters ride out on 05/11...?? :confused:

http://www.superbikeitalia.com/images/16_118200774533pm.jpg

1) Leave it empty.

3) A club name or motto?

Cheers guys!

Hehe....no la...off duty....

Okie...count me in for the t-shirt too!!:cheer:

Guys...

Any place to recommend for cheap installation of accessories (just installation, no purchase from the shop)?

I just received my 2-Way alarm which I bought on eBay from a HK guy for US$35. Thinking of installing it together with shifting my IU under my seat.

Any reco for cheap (and must know how to install on DNAs) installations?

Hmmm, depends bro. Out of curiousity, does your alarm set come with a remote boot open/close button, along with an actuator or a servo to operate the open/close function? If so, go to Tai Hin, as they did my bike, and so they know how to do it, as when I did it, we spent more then 4 hours trying to figure out where to put everything.

If it is just an alarm only, I think Botak is capable of doing the job. He he, now someone got lobang for cheap HK bike accessories?

Cheers...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

Originally posted by danielburgess@Oct 27 2005, 11:14 PM

Hmmm, depends bro. Out of curiousity, does your alarm set come with a remote boot open/close button, along with an actuator or a servo to operate the open/close function? If so, go to Tai Hin, as they did my bike, and so they know how to do it, as when I did it, we spent more then 4 hours trying to figure out where to put everything.

If it is just an alarm only, I think Botak is capable of doing the job. He he, now someone got lobang for cheap HK bike accessories?

Cheers...

Hmm....it's just an alarm. The usual functions: anti-theft, remote bike search etc...

Just happen to find on eBay...

Hmm...can botak fix it in an hour and half? say...lunch time? :smile:

Originally posted by twisterx@Oct 27 2005, 10:33 PM

Guys...

Any place to recommend for cheap installation of accessories (just installation, no purchase from the shop)?

I just received my 2-Way alarm which I bought on eBay from a HK guy for US$35. Thinking of installing it together with shifting my IU under my seat.

Any reco for cheap (and must know how to install on DNAs) installations?

Can go to botak's shop... labor charge $30 or even lesser maybe... Seriously don't know but can try to go his shop...

http://www.superbikeitalia.com/images/16_118200774533pm.jpg

Originally posted by stroker@Oct 26 2005, 01:56 PM

Yo dude, I dunno what spidey's answers to you are... But my theory is that white smoke is caused by burning of engine oil (in the instance of a 4stroke). Black smoke is caused by soot in the exhaust eystem.. I think there's a type of bluish smoke also.. Can't rem what it meant..

But spidey did not said he's emiting any smoke.. He meant black plug. A backened plug means a rich fuel mixture. Or excessive oil (2T in 2 strokes; EO in 4 strokes) being burned..

Cheers!

Actually, the standard theory for smoke is:

Black, is too rich. Carbon

White is either got 2T or water in the combustion chamber. Gasket leaking coolant into the chamber.

Blue is engine oil. Actually not really blue lah. But so call "blue-ish"

This is what they say on the net.

Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Oct 28 2005, 12:04 PM

Actually, the standard theory for smoke is:

Black, is too rich. Carbon

White is either got 2T or water in the combustion chamber. Gasket leaking coolant into the chamber.

Blue is engine oil. Actually not really blue lah. But so call "blue-ish"

This is what they say on the net.

Kool... Useful info there... Some mistake I made there... oops.. hee

But... Most of the black smoke we see is NOT directly caused by rich mixture.. Its the carbon (soot) in the deposited in the exhaust as a result of rich mixture and are being blown out during accelaration...

If its those type of black fumes (as you mentioned) caused by rich mixture, then yr jetting is horrendously overlly rich. Frankly speaking, Ive havent seen black fumes caused by rich mixture before... Most Ive only seen are those emitted during hard acceleration (soot)..

As for the blu-ish fumes, most of them are actually associated to diesel engines... Yes, my mistake—enggine oil also burn blue.. However, and they're often wrongy termed as 'white smoke' in local context... As the colour's pretty close to the white fumes.. Hemce the theory of white smoke equate eo burnt..

Last but not least, the actual white fumes that you mentioned—caused by water in the fuel mixture is usually only noticeable during initial engine start up.. When the engine gets hot, its barely noticeble.. Those are actually water vapour..

Cheers all, hope this helps... Dun flame me... hee.... :help:

Hello ppl,

I am contemplating on buying a second hand Gilera 180 DNA FY plate with low milage. I just checked with the Paggiao Dealer that they have stopped importing this series of motorcycle. Can any fellow rider help answer the following questions I have.

1. How much is the maintainence of the bike? Is it expensive say in comparison to a Phantom TA200? and are the spare parts readily available.

2. How reliable is the motor? need it for work to go atleast 60-70km a day.

3. Fuel consumption is around 27? or more?

4. Does the bike got any resale value?

Would be great if you can answer the above. As i don't really plan to ride the bike for more than 2 years, would it be worthwile to go for this bike. I really like the looks and this is just one of the prime motives for buying this bike.

Regards

Originally posted by zodiac@Oct 28 2005, 04:03 PM

Hello ppl,

I am contemplating on buying a second hand Gilera 180 DNA FY plate with low milage. I just checked with the Paggiao Dealer that they have stopped importing this series of motorcycle. Can any fellow rider help answer the following questions I have.

1. How much is the maintainence of the bike? Is it expensive say in comparison to a Phantom TA200? and are the spare parts readily available.

2. How reliable is the motor? need it for work to go atleast 60-70km a day.

3. Fuel consumption is around 27? or more?

4. Does the bike got any resale value?

Would be great if you can answer the above. As i don't really plan to ride the bike for more than 2 years, would it be worthwile to go for this bike. I really like the looks and this is just one of the prime motives for buying this bike.

Regards

Yes, they've stopped production on the DNA180s.. Maintenaince not TERRIBLY high, but its not too low either... Can't compare to TA la.. This is italian bike.. Parts, labour and maintenance are all higher and more expensive than a TA..

Motor not THAT relaible either.. ha. A tad more problematic than a VXR... Just a tad.

60km per day not much prob though... Although I wouldn't reco doing that kinda milage (which I personally does—without too much prob)..

Fuel Consumption stock is at best around 27km/l... Or less.. Dependant on yr bike condition..

Resale value not much, but since that's the case, you buy cheap, but sell cheap too lor.. Lugi biggest is ppl like me, whom bought it first hand at 6.8grand... How much can I fetch now???? FAINT!

In a nutshell, if you like it, buy it. If you get a model or actress as gf, you think maintenance will come cheap???? No way man...

K, goodluck!!

Originally posted by Randy_koh@Oct 28 2005, 10:35 AM

Can go to botak's shop... labor charge $30 or even lesser maybe... Seriously don't know but can try to go his shop...

Okie....announcement to make....!

Went to Botak shop today (MacPherson)...say dun fix electronics stuff.....

So had to go to Tai Hin...

Charged $35... :smile: :cheeky:

Originally posted by stroker@Oct 28 2005, 10:09 PM

Yes, they've stopped production on the DNA180s.. Maintenaince not TERRIBLY high, but its not too low either... Can't compare to TA la.. This is italian bike.. Parts, labour and maintenance are all higher and more expensive than a TA..

Motor not THAT relaible either.. ha. A tad more problematic than a VXR... Just a tad.

60km per day not much prob though... Although I wouldn't reco doing that kinda milage (which I personally does—without too much prob)..

Fuel Consumption stock is at best around 27km/l... Or less.. Dependant on yr bike condition..

Resale value not much, but since that's the case, you buy cheap, but sell cheap too lor.. Lugi biggest is ppl like me, whom bought it first hand at 6.8grand... How much can I fetch now???? FAINT!

In a nutshell, if you like it, buy it. If you get a model or actress as gf, you think maintenance will come cheap???? No way man...

K, goodluck!!

Agree...

Nothing is "Pee and Chee" at the same time.... :sweat:

Originally posted by stroker@Oct 28 2005, 10:09 PM

K, goodluck!!

hey stroker..

hw cum u guy FC so gd..

mine no bar onli 160++ :giddy:

our reserve hw much??

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Thanks for the reply stroker, really appreciate.

I am getting the FY plate for 2800 without the insurance etc. , saw the bike yesterday a bit small for me. Let me see around if I find a better/practical deal for phantom i might buy otherwise I might go in for the Gilera.

Regards

Originally posted by zodiac@Oct 29 2005, 10:20 AM

I am getting the FY plate for 2800 without the insurance etc. , saw the bike yesterday a bit small for me. Let me see around if I find a better/practical deal for phantom i might buy otherwise I might go in for the Gilera.

wah, fy plate $2800 only now, always thought it could still fetch above 3k.

bro i would say the price is a good deal, where u see it man.

bike shop or private

Originally posted by nor_man@Oct 29 2005, 01:47 PM

bike shop or private

Faint!! It's dropping so much...

But let's see...

Our scooters are generally "rarer" than others like the runner. So prob we could wait till they run out of stock from the 2nd hand market (no shops have it left, only in private rider's hands).

Then I suppose it'll be left to market forces and fluctuate according to demand....

Hmm...our group could then do some "marketing", jack up the price, then sell of all ours at a heavy price!!

Hahah.....

P.S. I'm just optimistic...hehe... :sweat: :mad: :giddy:

Hi guys,

Just did an inspection on my bike, and just realised I got practically no engine coolant left, will be heading down tomorrow to get some, any paticular brands to reccommend? And can I mix it with the remnants of those left in the reservoir? Not really keen on using water though...

Cheers...

Originally posted by nor_man@Oct 29 2005, 01:47 PM

bike shop or private

Saw it in Jalan Kayu shop one union, the bike FY plate with 12K milage. But still contemplating whether to buy or not considering high FC and maintainence.