SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DNA180 corner

LouisB

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Randy_koh@Nov 10 2005, 12:30 AM

Ya don't worry abt the T.P...

U'll do fine and pass if no immediate failure...

be firm & steady...

Main point...! Be firm & Relax....! Pass & the Dna is waiting...

Gd luck... :cheer:

:thumb: let's give ours best wishes and luck :cheer:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Distance wise don't worry too much about it, I too travel quite a lot in one day. Just make sure you make sure certain stuff and checked and changed regularly, such as:

1) Engine oil

2) Rear Hub oil

3) Coolant

4) Brake fluid

5) Belt & rollers

6) air filter is clean

7) Tires are in good order

8) BATTERIES!!!

With all these, your DNA will provide you a "unique" form of transport. The battery voltage is very important as the DNA 180 is an electric start and if your battery is weak, you will be left with a "Dead bike".

Eh, anyone here know where I can get shock absorber extensions? Thinking of getting a pair, about how much are they?

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

Originally posted by stroker@Nov 7 2005, 02:56 PM

Not bad wat!!!.... That's the standard for a well-behaving DNA.. :cheer: Mean that there's nuthing wrong with yr variator lor..

I just re-tried mine too... A stretch of road (with a slight downhill) got me 160 on the clock... But more constant in the reigns of 150. About 9.5k rpm too... Mine should max at 10.5k rpm..

CheeEeEeEeEers!!

max at 10.5? can ah? with malossi?

RIDE TO THE LIMIT OF YR BIKE!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2263/pgturn1ho8.jpg

Reviews of my fast throttle. Have a look!

Reviews by so many dun lie ppl! come have a look!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217369

Originally posted by xiaoya-@Nov 9 2005, 01:45 AM

tp next week.. erm.. at CDC.. hehehee..

go there thinking that u will fail will calm u down... :smile:

thats wat i always think for tp... :cheeky:

RIDE TO THE LIMIT OF YR BIKE!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2263/pgturn1ho8.jpg

Reviews of my fast throttle. Have a look!

Reviews by so many dun lie ppl! come have a look!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217369

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 10 2005, 04:15 PM

Distance wise don't worry too much about it, I too travel quite a lot in one day. Just make sure you make sure certain stuff and checked and changed regularly, such as:

1) Engine oil

2) Rear Hub oil

3) Coolant

4) Brake fluid

5) Belt & rollers

6) air filter is clean

7) Tires are in good order

8) BATTERIES!!!

With all these, your DNA will provide you a "unique" form of transport. The battery voltage is very important as the DNA 180 is an electric start and if your battery is weak, you will be left with a "Dead bike".

Eh, anyone here know where I can get shock absorber extensions? Thinking of getting a pair, about how much are they?

Lim ah boy, at around ten over bucks..

Or JB, cheaper.

Cheers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg

Originally posted by spiderman@Nov 10 2005, 06:22 PM

go there thinking that u will fail will calm u down... :smile:

thats wat i always think for tp... :cheeky:

Yeah! That's the way to go.. Just think "Aiya, fail dan fail lor... No big deal..."

Chances are you can perform better cos less stressed and pressurised..

Cheers

Originally posted by stroker@Nov 10 2005, 10:55 PM

Yeah! That's the way to go.. Just think "Aiya, fail dan fail lor... No big deal..."

Chances are you can perform better cos less stressed and pressurised..

Cheers

Ya...and pls wear proper attire...

Wear like good and studious person...

:smile:

In fact, a pair of normal (non hipster) jeans and say...t-shirt (non midriff exposure) will do fine... :cheeky:

Cos it's a bike test not Class 3...

For Class 3....the less you wear, the more chances you'll pass.... :cheeky:

Good luck! :cheeky:

Originally posted by twisterx@Nov 11 2005, 01:15 AM

Ya...and pls wear proper attire...

Wear like good and studious person...

In fact, a pair of normal (non hipster) jeans and say...t-shirt (non midriff exposure) will do fine... :cheeky:

Cos it's a bike test not Class 3...

For Class 3....the less you wear, the more chances you'll pass.... :cheeky:

Good luck! :cheeky:

HAHAHAHAH That's a goOoOoot one on the class 3 licence part!!

Cheers!

That's damn funny,

I am taking my class 3 now, sianz, it is a never ending cycle visiting the driving centre, once I finish class 3, just nice can take class 2A, then after that wait one year then take class 2.

So, when is the next DNA 180 outing?

Cheers...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

why is it only suitable for cold weather area only?

it works just as fine in singapore.

the problem with all e-start bikes i believe would be a dead battery, not particular to the dna, maintain a good batery it would be problem free. :confused:

no electrical charge, no start it includes cars as well, right

Hmmm,

In my opinion, the battery proble is not a really bad issue if you maintain your battery properly. Like in a wet cell, having enough battery water, and in a dry cell, charging it regularly.

I have a voltmeter in my DNA to show when it comes time to charge the battery with my 12v DC charger at home....

But there is some truth to the DNA's problems, like fuel line cracking, paint job flaking off, and other issues...

Anyway, I will be selling off my DNA soon, as I want to upgrade to a 2A bike...

Cheers guys...

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 13 2005, 01:32 AM

Hmmm,

In my opinion, the battery proble is not a really bad issue if you maintain your battery properly. Like in a wet cell, having enough battery water, and in a dry cell, charging it regularly.

I have a voltmeter in my DNA to show when it comes time to charge the battery with my 12v DC charger at home....

But there is some truth to the DNA's problems, like fuel line cracking, paint job flaking off, and other issues...

Anyway, I will be selling off my DNA soon, as I want to upgrade to a 2A bike...

Cheers guys...

Wahhh!!!! Why??? What bike you looking at? Aprilla 250??? Hee...

Agree with the maintenance bike thingy, every bike needs to do all the above checks. If really wan maintenance free bike go for RXK or RXZ or Wave type. But still need to do all the above checks. haha...

Gilera Fan - You riding DNA ah? Never see you at our outing leh?

Originally posted by rantkw@Nov 13 2005, 05:38 PM

Wahhh!!!! Why??? What bike you looking at? Aprilla 250??? Hee...

Agree with the maintenance bike thingy, every bike needs to do all the above checks. If really wan maintenance free bike go for RXK or RXZ or Wave type. But still need to do all the above checks. haha...

Gilera Fan - You riding DNA ah? Never see you at our outing leh?

Yes... I agree with you...

Pre riding checks must always be done everytime before you ride. It only takes less than 5 minutes, but it could save your life. You won't know when a nail gets into your rear tyre....

Regular maintenance is also important. Never compromise on safety. It doesn't matter if people laugh at you for being "kiasee" or "over-cautious"...Wear gloves, full-face helmet or whatever....as long as you feel comfortable. Cos at the end of the day, it's your life and not theirs.

For more expert riders, they may feel that they dun really need all these. It's more okay for them as through experience, they already have better judgment of road and traffic conditions. Most accidents occure due to carelessness or misjudgment.

And ya....hey....never see the new rider before ley...

P.S. For maintenance free bike and long lasting...look for a "Lau-K"...hahaha...

True, actually the cheapest maintenance still is to take public transport, just kidding!

As for me selling my DNA180, I guess it is just I need a bigger bike, due to my size, etc. For a guy standing at 6' tall and wearing 78kg, he he, I fat lahz... I think I should be riding something alot bigger, plus my 2A coming up soon...

Cheers...

Originally posted by Randy_koh@Nov 14 2005, 09:20 AM

Was on the way to wk this morning @ 6+... saw a blue Dna with Blue and white full face hemlet and white outfit.. its was along AYE towards Alexandra rd... wondering who could that be.... :confused:

Sounds ghastly... You sure you SAW a real DNA??? Not the spirited type?? hahaha.. Shouldn't be anyone of us here... You should give chase and give him the "Hey fellow DNA rider, come join us at SBF..." note!! haha.. Joking nia..

Rantkw>> Saw yr bike at Tangs again on sat..

Daniel>> 2A doesn't always equate good... I switched back down from my previous 2A bikes.. And didn't even bother going for class 2 after all these years... Maybe its just me being 'nua' la.. ha. But actually, It boils down to what you want in a bike lor... If you're going for Super4 (no offence S4 guys), its just (to me) plain soul-less... There're tons of them everywhere. Just like riding a pumped and overweight RXZ... What's the big deal.. But if you're going for the rare and GP-rep strokers like the PGMs, RS250, RGV250SP etc, at least you're pursueing something you've missed out in yr current 2B daze.. And they're still rare as hell, just like a DNA.. Right??

And yeah, damn quite here these days.. My pc went dead at home, so can't really surf at home these days..

gilera_fan11>> Yeah, you should take good care of yr battery, checking it often.. Many of us here had our 'flat' moments.. haha.. It happens to every damn e-start bike like the other guys said.. My fren had his spanking-new-16-grand-honda-rvf batt dead during his first month (donkey years back)of ride.. HAHA.. So it just boils down to luck lor, and maintenance of course..

ALL>> Nice and helpful posts!

Cheers all!

Originally posted by nor_man@Nov 14 2005, 11:45 AM

pc dead why ah???????

kena virus, worms, bird flu ah.

must be surfing the naked bikes section,stick to scooters lah.

BUAHAHA... Nice pun!! Very puny.. ha. No la, hard disk dead.. Damn.. Bought a replacement one, but as its a sata drive, its trickier to fit.. So put off fixing it.. Just dumped the whole lump of it on the floor, and let spider build some web.. haha

Originally posted by stroker@Nov 14 2005, 11:50 AM

BUAHAHA... Nice pun!! Very puny.. ha. No la, hard disk dead.. Damn.. Bought a replacement one, but as its a sata drive, its trickier to fit.. So put off fixing it.. Just dumped the whole lump of it on the floor, and let spider build some web.. haha

sata drive is tricky. yes.

The trick is connect it to channel 01 first. Sata connector got channel 00 and 01.

Change back to channel 00 only when you have dinished install all the mobo drivers.