SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DNA180 corner

LouisB

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 6 2005, 12:07 PM

Arrrggghhh, damn pissed now. My DNA the right body shell under the seat is peeling alot of paint now. Anyone know of any shops that can spray? Just a few plastic parts?

Stroker, u are right! Lost a nut on my gpr zorst. Luckily had a couple extra. Anyway, think I got to get some of that "thread-lock" stuff...

Cheers...

They're called "flex-cuffs"...

Those they use to tie illegal immigrants.... :cheeky:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 6 2005, 09:32 AM

Yo Rant,

Just out of curiousity, do you park your DNA at the multi-storey carpark next to paragon (the one with the mosque) ? If so, did you see a note on your bike left there sometime last week? He he, sorry about that!

Cheers....

Aloha! I always parked my bike at the Tangs Carpark. No worries. Rather jio again then miss any. Haha...

Randy have the number to spray e parts. You might wanna call him and ask.

:smile:

Originally posted by rantkw@Nov 6 2005, 03:36 AM

Yo! Hahaha... :cheeky: I was wondering if it is your bike. Didn't really memorize all e bike no. plate during out last outing. Just try to jio more ppl. Hit wrongly better than miss any. hahaha... Btw, you didn't join us tonight... Though not many of us. Saw you near Sim Lim square junction while you pillion you gal at abt 10 plus. Saw you turn head. haha.... Me no time to react to wave.

Yeah, saw you... Guessed it must be you too... Cos its not spidey, so high chance its you.. haha.

Cheerios

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 2 2005, 10:40 PM

Hey guys,

You guys want this logo on the back of your polo-T's in white? I think it is kinda cool to have it quite large, underlined with these words,"HOME OF THE DNA 180".

But got to wait awhile, cause I got tonnes of work stacking up on me so it'll take some time.

Cheers...

"HOME OF THE DNA 180" sounds nice la..... But.... Sounds too 'military' leh... :sweat:

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 5 2005, 10:45 AM

P.S. Stroker- Was trying to measure the dimensions last night but not really a very accurate result as I am not sure where to start or end, how about one day I haul my DNA over somewhere in your area and you can measure it yourself?

That'll be great! Maybe meet somewhere in town, or at some bike shops if yours need some work to be done..

Will kontact you! Cheers

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 6 2005, 04:45 PM

Using that now. But I doubt those will last long, looks like it is just a temporary thing. I was thinking of wrapping the exposed threads with teflon tape...

Cheers

That's 'oh-so-uncool' to be wrapping yr bolts with those drainage-pipe tapes!! haha lol. Sounds so plumber-ish to me.. ha!

Joking bro, dun take no offence! ha!

Trust me—get those lock nuts or the loctite threadlock glue.. Cheers

Originally posted by spiderman@Nov 5 2005, 02:00 PM

oic... then add the labour?

Labour??? I don't dare to post here... Wait scare ppl off... haha..

Like Ive said lor, its the price of overhauling... Cos you'll still need to take out yr engine to gain access to it... So do it while doing yr overhaul, and it'll cost nuthing!

Cheers

Originally posted by spiderman@Nov 5 2005, 02:05 PM

when is the next outing gonna be daniel?:smile: i just tried my top.... 128km... at 9.5 like that... hee

Not bad wat!!!.... That's the standard for a well-behaving DNA.. :cheer: Mean that there's nuthing wrong with yr variator lor..

I just re-tried mine too... A stretch of road (with a slight downhill) got me 160 on the clock... But more constant in the reigns of 150. About 9.5k rpm too... Mine should max at 10.5k rpm..

CheeEeEeEeEers!!

It is a good bike to ride, but this bike can be compared to dating, you wanna maintain a not so chio gal, get a RXZ or a kup kia, but DNA 180 like dating a super model, maintanence not cheap.

Riding wise, there is quite a bit of acceleration on this bike, plus it is quite easy to handle. But most importantly, it is special! Traffic lights, people always curious about what bike is this, and cosmetically it is quite a hot looking ride...

Cheers...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg

Originally posted by xiaoya-@Nov 8 2005, 11:58 AM

harlow..

erm.. thinking to get the bike after my TP.. but gotta know more..

pls advise.

Pls do!!! We desperately in need for more lady riders!! haha.. Joking on that part..

Yeah like what Daniel said, ther're pros and cons.. Just scroll tru the past few pages, and you should be able to get a clearer idea about this bike.

Cheers and hope to see you on da road!!

:cheer:

Some worthy quotes:

Hello ppl,

I am contemplating on buying a second hand Gilera 180 DNA FY plate with low milage. I just checked with the Paggiao Dealer that they have stopped importing this series of motorcycle. Can any fellow rider help answer the following questions I have.

1. How much is the maintainence of the bike? Is it expensive say in comparison to a Phantom TA200? and are the spare parts readily available.

2. How reliable is the motor? need it for work to go atleast 60-70km a day.

3. Fuel consumption is around 27? or more?

4. Does the bike got any resale value?

Would be great if you can answer the above. As i don't really plan to ride the bike for more than 2 years, would it be worthwile to go for this bike. I really like the looks and this is just one of the prime motives for buying this bike.

Regards

Yes, they've stopped production on the DNA180s.. Maintenaince not TERRIBLY high, but its not too low either... Can't compare to TA la.. This is italian bike.. Parts, labour and maintenance are all higher and more expensive than a TA..

Motor not THAT relaible either.. ha. A tad more problematic than a VXR... Just a tad.

60km per day not much prob though... Although I wouldn't reco doing that kinda milage (which I personally does—without too much prob)..

Fuel Consumption stock is at best around 27km/l... Or less.. Dependant on yr bike condition..

Resale value not much, but since that's the case, you buy cheap, but sell cheap too lor.. Lugi biggest is ppl like me, whom bought it first hand at 6.8grand... How much can I fetch now???? FAINT!

In a nutshell, if you like it, buy it. If you get a model or actress as gf, you think maintenance will come cheap???? No way man...

K, goodluck!!

=================

wah, fy plate $2800 only now, always thought it could still fetch above 3k.

bro i would say the price is a good deal, where u see it man.

bike shop or private

================

Hope the abv helps

guys any of u ever accidentally put your keys inside the helmet compartment and kind of lock it in?

well i did it yesterday after checking my coolant level.......

dont have spare keys,

luckily my last installment is due this month, paid up today, got my log card and spare keys....problem solved.......... phew

so lesson learnt, u guys best have a spare key just in case

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 8 2005, 12:32 PM

It is a good bike to ride, but this bike can be compared to dating, you wanna maintain a not so chio gal, get a RXZ or a kup kia, but DNA 180 like dating a super model, maintanence not cheap.

Riding wise, there is quite a bit of acceleration on this bike, plus it is quite easy to handle. But most importantly, it is special! Traffic lights, people always curious about what bike is this, and cosmetically it is quite a hot looking ride...

Cheers...

Haha.... in other words:

1. Ho Kua Bo Ho Jia (Nice to see, not so nice to eat) (but the main point is nice to see)

2. It's nice to see.

3. It's still nice to see.

4. Actually can be rather nice to ride. Acceleration is not bad. Smoooooth..... Cornering not bad (can see live demo from Spidey or Stroker if u wan). Maintenance still okie after you get past the usual initial problems.... But if you still have other problems, we always still have stroker around....hehe.

5. Definitely UNIQUE! :smile: :cheer: :cheeky:

CheerZ!!

Btw, when's her TP?

Originally posted by nor_man@Nov 8 2005, 09:23 PM

guys any of u ever accidentally put your keys inside the helmet compartment and kind of lock it in?

well i did it yesterday after checking my coolant level.......

dont have spare keys,

luckily my last installment is due this month, paid up today, got my log card and spare keys....problem solved.......... phew

so lesson learnt, u guys best have a spare key just in case

Well, I do have a spare key. Cos sometimes I dun put the stand properly when I open my helmet compartment, then it slams close.....hehe.

For such spare keys, you have to approach the uncles with the mobile stands in the neighbourhoods to do one for you. Somehow, I find their keys not bad - dun have the red Gilera rubber ending on the key, so won't melt and become dirty or sticky...haha.

Or otherwise, fix an alarm which can open the compartment for you.... (Daniel, intro pls?!) hehe... :cheeky:

Originally posted by xiaoya-@Nov 8 2005, 11:58 AM

harlow..

erm.. thinking to get the bike after my TP.. but gotta know more..

pls advise.

hey, when is your tp date, bbdc right...i just passed mine last august, how many tries already . any way good luck to u!!!

well dna is definetly unique in every way

some people say it looks like a super 4 lah ,ducati lah, well see u have all those bikes in one body, not forgetting its a scotter

twist trottle and off u go dont have to think of bitting point and having the engine die on u .... no shifting of gears great ya,

doing the read up of information is one thing,seeing it is another

drop by one of our outing to have acloser view,

no trasport dont worry one of our guys will be more than willing to give u a ride........right guys..... just choose a colour and the bike will be available for u

u can have a feel of the bike then.......cheers

Originally posted by danielburgess@Nov 8 2005, 12:32 PM

Cheers...

but.. still able to find this bike in bike shop?

Originally posted by twisterx@Nov 8 2005, 09:27 PM

Haha.... in other words:

1. Ho Kua Bo Ho Jia (Nice to see, not so nice to eat) (but the main point is nice to see)

2. It's nice to see.

3. It's still nice to see.

4. Actually can be rather nice to ride. Acceleration is not bad. Smoooooth..... Cornering not bad (can see live demo from Spidey or Stroker if u wan). Maintenance still okie after you get past the usual initial problems.... But if you still have other problems, we always still have stroker around....hehe.

5. Definitely UNIQUE! :smile: :cheer: :cheeky:

CheerZ!!

Btw, when's her TP?

next week.. hahaha

but then.. fuel consumption? i needa travel from west to east and vice versa everyday! :cry:

Originally posted by nor_man@Nov 8 2005, 09:54 PM

hey, when is your tp date, bbdc right...i just passed mine last august, how many tries already . any way good luck to u!!!

well dna is definetly unique in every way

some people say it looks like a super 4 lah ,ducati lah, well see u have all those bikes in one body, not forgetting its a scotter

twist trottle and off u go dont have to think of bitting point and having the engine die on u .... no shifting of gears great ya,

doing the read up of information is one thing,seeing it is another

drop by one of our outing to have acloser view,

no trasport dont worry one of our guys will be more than willing to give u a ride........right guys..... just choose a colour and the bike will be available for u

u can have a feel of the bike then.......cheers

tp next week.. erm.. at CDC.. hehehee..

Originally posted by xiaoya-@Nov 9 2005, 01:44 AM

next week.. hahaha

but then.. fuel consumption? i needa travel from west to east and vice versa everyday! :cry:

Fuel consumption not bad considered mid range...

seriously never regrett getting this bike... in many ways its looks cool.. very cool...! where else can u find another sports looking bike without a box but still can store items...?? Ours can... I can say its unique in many ways... easy handling, twist & go... especially in traffic jams twist & go helps a lot... :cheeky:

Hope to see you and join us soon... gd luck for ur T.P... :cheer:

http://www.superbikeitalia.com/images/16_118200774533pm.jpg

Got a few places I know with brand new DNA's, actually it is more like leftover stock of DNA's leftover. Saw a black one brand new, and a blue one second hand.

In my humble opinion there is alot of potential in the DNA180, since the availability of higher grade parts such as Malossi, and GPR "zorst" on the market. But I do not reccommend the GPR pipe, as if too many people have, stroker, randy and my bike not "special" liaoz...

Don't worry too much about the TP, most people fail because of immediate failures.

Hope there will be more DNA riders though!!!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg