SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Shell own law, very conceited

Lonewolf

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by z1boy@February 23, 2005 12:11 pm

ask the attendant to stop attending to cars and walk their lazy butt to your bike. then u hold your bike uprite while you pump.

:sweat:

Life is like a shooting star, it don't matter who you are,

If you only run for cover, it's just a waste of time.. :thumb:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/warriorconp/MyRide2.jpg

Originally posted by lowiq30@April 06, 2007 03:43 pm

I'm ok with getting off my bike coz I'm used to it, been doing this

for a long time now.

:thumb:

Maybe we shouldn't eat cuz we might choke ourselves to death. Its for our safety manz...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

went to shell sometimes wad i saw was there were talking happly like no tml leiz.... still can laugh till so loud =.=

2007-=Honda NSR 150sp=-FR

2008-=Honda CBR 400=-FP

2008-=Suzuki GSXR 400=-FK

2009-=Yzf-R1 2004=-FX

2010-=Yzf-R1 2010=-FBE

2011-=Suzuki Gsxr 600 K7=- FBB

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z110/ahcongie/merge2.jpghttp://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z110/ahcongie/merge3.jpg

Hi guys, ok i'm kinda pissed off with this "Shell Rules" on petrol pumping.

As usual, parked next to pump and proceed to fill up, i was sitting on the bike. i was soaking wet from the earlier downpour and was in a foul mood.

The last thing i wanted is to get off the bike or be told to do anything.

Then i heard the PA system say something like "pump 3 blah blah blah". speak also cannot hear, i know what the cashier meant, but i dun care.

So i just act blur and stupid and hold the pump there for quite a long time. I knew what it was, i was just playing along.

Then this middle age guy abit kuai lan, in a not so nice tone, tell me get off the bike. Fine, i got off, acted as if i cannot handle the bike...

ask him stand in front of the bike and MADE HIM HOLD MY BIKE STRAIGHT while i pump. making him look like an idiot.

After i pumped finish, I thanked him and proceeded to park outside the cashier, then i mounted my bike on the MAINSTAND in front of him.

You should have seen the look on his face! he was cursing and making alot of noise. I wasn't arrogant, in fact i was polite and acted abit blur.

but that made my day and put a smile on my face. Its just the joy of making fun of and making someone feel stupid for their own arrogant actions...

Got thumbs up from a uncle riding a goldwing at the pump station. as i rode off, i was thinking what if the goldwing uncle ask the pump attendant to do the same?

And after that i tried for myself, it ain't easy to hold a Blackbird straight from the front. the grip support somehow or rather, the handling makes the bike feel damn heavy. its easier to mount on the mainstand keke.

maybe you guys should do the same for every shell station. Maybe their policy and regulations will back fire. their staffs will complain the bikers are making a fool out of them.

DO NOT expect that the rule will be lifted. the rule will apply no matter what. they will claim is safety issue.

But we in this world, people say something we must follow like obedient dog meh.

We follow yes... LPPL no choice... but i wun give them what they want just so easily.

Must "tarik" abit and make things abit hard for them.

In layman's terms, build speed humps on their roads / highway, so their journey is not smooth, although they will reach their destination eventually.

But doesn't it make you smile to see them take the humps you have built to make things abit uncomfortble for them =)

anyway they earning our money, so have a little fun. take life easy and have a little fun every now and then. you live longer.

:cheeky:

the pump attendants are just doing their job. they are paid to do their job. they don't do their job = they don't get paid.

it is the management who implements such ruling. why are you taking out your frustration on them? do you think that they can change a company's safety policy?

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

I am not taking it out on them, when did i say so? and i didn't even mention that i was pissed off with any pump attendant...

pls dun get me wrong :weep:

Sometimes i'm sure you do vent your fustrations in harmless ways too right.

no war intended here...

ok... if you were to visit esso or caltex, would you ask the pump attendant to hold your bike while you pump? if not, why do you ask a shell pump attendant to do so? are you saying that you can't pump your gas while it's on it's side stand? i have the impression that some of you are pissed off with that ruling and need to 'vent your frustration in a harmless manner' onto someone associated with the said organisation.

put yourself in their shoes. you are a rider, you are working as a pump attendant. your company implements a safety rule that you do not like. as much as you do not like it, you still have to enforce it for the sake of your pay. some rider comes along (who apparently doesn't like that rule too) and asks you to hold his bike for him (which you have never done in your life because you risk dropping it and furthermore isn't specified in your job scope). how would you feel? please be considerate to these people. it's not easy working in the service line, i have plenty of experience myself thus i gave up and took up a different occupation. imean, if you don't like it, just pump your gas elsewhere, come into our forum and brag about how smart your decision was and leave it as it is. why do you have to spoil someone's day instead? :/

just discussion, not putting anyone down here. i hope you understand what i mean.

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

I have to agree that its spoiling the day of the pump attendant. But i can't help laughing over Dino Bravo's little joke. While i may not do the same, i must say its a good laugh. As much as Dino could have pumped elsewhere, the pump attendant could have chose to work elsewhere if he did not liked the new job complications, just like you did. Every job has its ups and downs. We all make choices and live with it. Besides, to be fair to Dino, he was requesting resonable services of assistance from attendants. If Shell wants to implement such rules, it has to consider the implications that some people really do need assitance. If the attendant is not trained and drops the bike, the company has a liability in my opinion, morally speaking.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Originally posted by Pplater@April 08, 2007 02:03 am

I have to agree that its spoiling the day of the pump attendant. But i can't help laughing over Dino Bravo's little joke. While i may not do the same, i must say its a good laugh. As much as Dino could have pumped elsewhere, the pump attendant could have chose to work elsewhere if he did not liked the new job complications, just like you did. Every job has its ups and downs. We all make choices and live with it. Besides, to be fair to Dino, he was requesting resonable services of assistance from attendants. If Shell wants to implement such rules, it has to consider the implications that some people really do need assitance. If the attendant is not trained and drops the bike, the company has a liability in my opinion, morally speaking.

:smile:.. yup u're rite bro u got the point thr... :thumb:

Originally posted by enfant@April 08, 2007 01:33 am

ok... if you were to visit esso or caltex, would you ask the pump attendant to hold your bike while you pump? if not, why do you ask a shell pump attendant to do so? are you saying that you can't pump your gas while it's on it's side stand? i have the impression that some of you are pissed off with that ruling and need to 'vent your frustration in a harmless manner' onto someone associated with the said organisation.

put yourself in their shoes. you are a rider, you are working as a pump attendant. your company implements a safety rule that you do not like. as much as you do not like it, you still have to enforce it for the sake of your pay. some rider comes along (who apparently doesn't like that rule too) and asks you to hold his bike for him (which you have never done in your life because you risk dropping it and furthermore isn't specified in your job scope). how would you feel? please be considerate to these people. it's not easy working in the service line, i have plenty of experience myself thus i gave up and took up a different occupation. imean, if you don't like it, just pump your gas elsewhere, come into our forum and brag about how smart your decision was and leave it as it is. why do you have to spoil someone's day instead? :/

just discussion, not putting anyone down here. i hope you understand what i mean.

bro, sorry, not trying to fan up a fire..

but sometimes, it all depends on the attitude of the person serving u..

service line is all about the service attitude..otherwise, why do we even need something to service us?

taking example of the pump attendant case, if the pump attendant request a rider to dismount and pump in a more polite manner, instead of shouting across a few pumps and say "oei! get off the bike", i'll happily does as he says, no complains.

I had personally met one, during the implementation period, shouting across the station to tell me to dismount from my bike. It was an attitude with a BIG question mark..like i had killed his whole family or sorts.

Bottomline is, respect me like a customer, and I'll respect you as a service provider. Why do i even borther to be polite if the person is not?

I'm sure any person in the service line understands this simple theory.

As a rule of thumb, treat others like how u wan others to treat you. :thumb:

Cheers! :smile:

Riding With Passion, Kruzer Club Singapore

www.kruzer.sg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5359/bikeypulaumawar.jpg

Beary, right on. excatly what i was trying to put across.

Enfant i hope you understand. I'm afraid you got a totally wrong impression that i'm out to tekan the pump attandants. I like chatting with service staffs, being friendly and all sorts, i'm not a snob. When i was in the service industry for a short period of time, such things happen too. These are light hearted issues, and if you look at it from another angle, take it in your stride. don't be sour.

Well it may have hit you somehow as you have been in the service industry. I'm sorry then, pls do not take it personal.

It was just a little joke anyway. we play little jokes now and then dun we. And did i mention i was polite and even thanked the pump attendant?

And pls get it right, this is a public forum, and i'm NOT bragging like you mentioned.

I was just sharing a little "light hearted" experience. Its not as if i'm talking about political issues here. some may think its ok some maybe not.

Saints who only post good things and all political correct answers I am not.

Anyway one man's meat is another man's poison. so each to his own alright.

Lets stop here before things drag on. Lets close the issue shall we.

Its not a big issue.

Originally posted by Pplater@April 08, 2007 02:03 am

yes bro, i'm glad you get it.

It was just a little harmless joke.

Jokes that put people to shame or jokes that are overboard, I do not do such things. of cos in my point of view.

You may think that tapping someone on the far side shoulder for fun is ok, but others may think its overboard.

So i just want the issue to stop here before it gets any bigger. This a small issue.

If need be, We can continue the issue in the way of our views and opinions. Not question and lecture. telling who is right or wrong. that is not for us to decide, God is.

God have eyes to see, the pot may be calling the kettle black

:smile:

bt i'm just glad you get my little joke... i hope you enjoyed it.

:smile:

I was wondering when the petrol companies will make their pump prices transparent. These days its so confusing with the sale price, nett price and whole string of discounts i don't really bother which is the cheaper fuel. Just pump when i pass by any kiosk and need petrol or a drink/toilet break.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965