SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Cdc class 2a (2014)

Hello everyone,

I am one of those people who took 2B and then didn't touch any bike again until I took my 2A. I think I only rode about 3-4 times in-between but those were on automatic bikes. So anyway, now I am having some trouble with my 2A lessons. I already passed the first two lessons, but I am having a very big problem with the crank course. I think I don't throttle enough when I change from gear one to two, so the engine keeps knocking, stalls, and then the bike falls (extremely paiseh). Happened quite a number of times already. Maybe I am a bit apprehensive about pushing the throttle because I haven't gotten used to the power of the bike yet. Any tips on this?

Also, because my last practical was a few months ago, can somebody run through how to go through the bumpy course? Half-stand on gear one, and lean forward?

Thanks.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I am one of those people who took 2B and then didn't touch any bike again until I took my 2A. I think I only rode about 3-4 times in-between but those were on automatic bikes. So anyway, now I am having some trouble with my 2A lessons. I already passed the first two lessons, but I am having a very big problem with the crank course. I think I don't throttle enough when I change from gear one to two, so the engine keeps knocking, stalls, and then the bike falls (extremely paiseh). Happened quite a number of times already. Maybe I am a bit apprehensive about pushing the throttle because I haven't gotten used to the power of the bike yet. Any tips on this?

Also, because my last practical was a few months ago, can somebody run through how to go through the bumpy course? Half-stand on gear one, and lean forward?

Thanks.

Perhaps you released the clutch too early? Bend your knees and keep your weight centred and look in front. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Perhaps you released the clutch too early? Bend your knees and keep your weight centred and look in front. :cool:

Ah, you could be right. I will try again after I renew my account with the CDC. Does anyone know how long you have before they close your account for good? I have been away for a while so I stopped going for lessons – came back and found my account had expired already.

Me also same after passing 2B didn't ride bike until i bought a 2nd hand FZ16 rode for a while. For 2A bike Superfour is heavy, try to control clutch and throttle, bumpy course look ahead half standing depends on your height, lean a bit forward.

S and crank course same grip tank with tights, body posture, control throttle and clutch play.

I got thru each practical lesson first time and TP first time.

Me also same after passing 2B didn't ride bike until i bought a 2nd hand FZ16 rode for a while. For 2A bike Superfour is heavy, try to control clutch and throttle, bumpy course look ahead half standing depends on your height, lean a bit forward.

S and crank course same grip tank with tights, body posture, control throttle and clutch play.

I got thru each practical lesson first time and TP first time.

CDC is currently using YBR250 for 2A. Previously it was the XJR 400. Never an S4. SSDC and BBDC are using S4. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Wow....CDC so good using YBR ..

how about Class 2?

How is it good? YBR 250cc only and XJR is 400cc. Correct me if I am wrong I think Class 2 now use FJR. Before it was FZ6. :cool:

KRGT-1

YBR250 might be a good bike from 2B to 2A learner, not so heavy.

I concur however it would not be good when the learner passes and get a 400cc bike at bikeshop. Very likely with a licence capped at 400cc max a person would obviously get a 400 instead of a 250. :cool:

KRGT-1

Nope. If people automatically buy the biggest cc in their class there won't be any 250, 300 or bikes on the road

Mainly because that is what that is offered in the market currently. How old are these 250s 300s? There are 250s back then but its 2 strokes. Its all about the 4 strokes now. :cool:

KRGT-1

The kawasaki ninja 300 is a new 2a bike. So is the ktm 390.
Not sure if my sentences is too cheem or the other way round? But whatever you think is right. :cool:

KRGT-1

• 2 weeks later...

Lesson 3 is a *****.

Follow your heart even if sometimes it means losing your mind.

Honda NSR150SP - 2013 ~ 2015

Honda CBR400RRR - 2014 ~ Current

Honda MSX125 - 2015 ~ 2016

Ducati 899 Panigale - 2016 ~ 2017

Yamaha T135 Spark - 2016 ~ 2019

Kawasaki ZX10R - 2017 ~ Current

Failed once with 30 points.

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Bumpy course. throttle when front wheel touches bump to go over bump, close throttle and roll until next bump, repeat.

Lightly tap rear brake if needed to keep within required timing.

Make sure legs grip tank tightly. I find bent knees give better balance, and I try to get as low as possible.

Talk to instructor for advice.

SSDC also quite good

1. 3 levels to ride in. Sheltered

2. Relatively new and little used s4

3. Few vehicles

4. Good road surface

5. Long time per session

6. Short wait to next lesson

Edited by swissbake

Failed once with 30 points.

That must have sucked. You have my sympathies.

What was your experience with the bumpy course like? Did the 2a bike with its extra weight & broader tyres make balancing easier or feel more stable on the plank?

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Saw the kiss 92 dj melody chen taking lessons at CDC...the other day was raining and she skidded and fell at e-brake :(

anyway I passed my L3 already, now waiting for theory lesson before booking TP :(

Class 2B - 171013

Class 2A - 05012015

Momo (Yamaha Fino 115) - 21/10/13 to 16/01/2015

SYM Maxsym 400i - 16/01/2015 - Present

http://i.imgur.com/pCU445z.jpg?1

Saw the kiss 92 dj melody chen taking lessons at CDC...the other day was raining and she skidded and fell at e-brake :(

anyway I passed my L3 already, now waiting for theory lesson before booking TP :(

She taking what class?