SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Cdc class 2a (2014)

Hey Jbdoggy! I passed my 2A TP on 29/4. So yeah burden is done! Anyway I stay around Ubi nearby to your area. Can meet up for kopi session man, anyway all the best for your L3.

Passed alredi?? Congrats & well done bro! Hope to follow in your footsteps soon!

Super 4 coming up??

Ride safe!

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!!!

Thanks. Last time during 2b, the obsession was identifying plank bikes. Now the obsession is identifying bumpy bikes! haha

1 more week to enrollment for you right? Dun worrylah.... very fast can clear. My friend cleared 2 lessons in 4 days. But then again he is working flexi hours.

plank is easier to do with 2a bike cos heavier & wider tyres, so more stable. Slalom jus need a bit of adjustment frm 2b method to allow for wider crash bars - Go out wider & dive in lower. F8 & crank still the same - jus dont open/close throttle. Maintain constant only. Throttle a bit jumpy so wont be smooth if open/close.

Bumpy?? Ah! still trying to figure it out!! haha.... some bikes very very swee, some bikes a bit fast, some bikes always stall. But my fren used 1 which i say always stall & he said its ok! lol

Good luck & enjoy your future lessons!

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates

Yeh.. One more week! I had a friend who just cleared his 2A... Also had issues with the bumpy ride.

I have not scanned thru the earlier posts yet... But for 2A, do people give the lesson tips like in 2b?

Thanks. Last time during 2b, the obsession was identifying plank bikes. Now the obsession is identifying bumpy bikes! haha

1 more week to enrollment for you right? Dun worrylah.... very fast can clear. My friend cleared 2 lessons in 4 days. But then again he is working flexi hours.

plank is easier to do with 2a bike cos heavier & wider tyres, so more stable. Slalom jus need a bit of adjustment frm 2b method to allow for wider crash bars - Go out wider & dive in lower. F8 & crank still the same - jus dont open/close throttle. Maintain constant only. Throttle a bit jumpy so wont be smooth if open/close.

Bumpy?? Ah! still trying to figure it out!! haha.... some bikes very very swee, some bikes a bit fast, some bikes always stall. But my fren used 1 which i say always stall & he said its ok! lol

Good luck & enjoy your future lessons!

Yeh.. One more week! I had a friend who just cleared his 2A... Also had issues with the bumpy ride.

I have not scanned thru the earlier posts yet... But for 2A, do people give the lesson tips like in 2b?

No there isnt. But not a problem cos actually its jus a rehash of the things we did in 2b. So if you have been riding the last 1 yr, shouldnt be any problems clearing the 6 2b obstacles. The extra weight & broader tyres of the 2a bike is worth at least a sec for plank. The new additional thing to the 6 is the bumpy course. But there is a thread somewhere in this forum dedicated to just the bumpy course. Just google it out & you will find it.

L1 - hill start, plank, slalom

L2 -F8, crank, ebrake, bumpy.

L3 - evaluation (just like L5)

Hi all, I'm staying at Pasir ris.

I've read that ssdc is a better place to enrol for classes due to ample lesson slots. However, the distance to travel to and from ssdc from my place is giving me second thoughts of enrolling there. I took my 2b at cdc. It's hard to book slots and it's so crowded.

In your opinion, is it worth the travel time to ssdc and back for me for 2A? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tango88

Hi all, I'm staying at Pasir ris.

I've read that ssdc is a better place to enrol for classes due to ample lesson slots. However, the distance to travel to and from ssdc from my place is giving me second thoughts of enrolling there. I took my 2b at cdc. It's hard to book slots and it's so crowded there.

In your opinion, is it worth the travel time to ssdc and back for me for 2A? Thanks in advance.

Depends. Are you willing to travel further? If not, then don't. For me, I'm abit kiasu due to CDC having lesser slots. I book 2 slots for one prac, so if I fail there's another booked slot ready for me. But so far for my 2A journey all pracs passed with first try, thankfully. So yeah, if you book 2 slots for one prac, shouldn't be an issue with lesson slots. Just do your best and show your effort to the instructors.

I love humanity but I hate people.The more I see of man,the more I like dogs.

yah the distance to woodlands is far. I took about 15 to 20 mins even when driving. But coming back home was like abit faster.

CDC is near my home but i still drag my as back to SSDC. Another reason i be going there is to try the new CB400F.

I was tempted abt ssdc & the bigger bikes & all but the distance was the deal breaker. Cdc is only a 5 min ride from my office.

Anyway from my own experience, no problem with slots. Theres always something going on every week.

I was tempted abt ssdc & the bigger bikes & all but the distance was the deal breaker. Cdc is only a 5 min ride from my office.

Anyway from my own experience, no problem with slots. Theres always something going on every week.

May I check with you if the slots are good say every week have lesson?

May I check with you if the slots are good say every week have lesson?

Similar to 2b ... Have to camp out at the website to see when people cancel their lessons. Lessons are lesser than the 2b slots naturally..

I signed up last Friday 20 May - first lesson will be 26 May. Theory 2 June... So agree with jbdoggy - every week will have something on..

• 4 weeks later...

Class 2 and 2A have their TP together. Number of candidates is lower than your typical 2B day - maybe 20-30? Class 2 starts with pushing the dummy bike around the figure 8 while class 2A just watches. :) The order is the same as 2B - in order of IC (foreigners and older people first).

Class 2 and 2A have their TP together. Number of candidates is lower than your typical 2B day - maybe 20-30? Class 2 starts with pushing the dummy bike around the figure 8 while class 2A just watches. :) The order is the same as 2B - in order of IC (foreigners and older people first).

Thank you!! :) definitely helps with what to expect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) few more weeks to TP jbdoggy! :) how?? Nervous? :p

What few more weeks?? 2 more weeks left to D-Day mate!

2a is quite a different feeling frm 2b. 2b i felt very confident but I had a certain pressure (I must die die do it). But now I dont have that pressure cos even if fail (touch wood) I still hv my 2b & that is still the most important thing for now. But thats not to say that i dont wanna pass. I want to & I'll try my hardest, but failure wont bother me. It would bother me lots during 2b tho! haha... Am I making sense to you?

Overall Im pretty confident abt all the obstacles except bumpy. So hopefully I can avoid bikes 142, 147 & 148 as they stall a lot. If not I would jus 'zoom' across & do a 5 sec 1 & gv away 4 pts. The best bumpy bikes (for me) are 149 & 150, will make it 9/11 tries. 147 & 149 will make it abt 6-7/12 -not a v good stat there.

I take it youre now waiting for test now?