SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA RXZ

supafly

bros i got a problem. my signal light wont work when i press the rear brake. only if i throttle than all the electricals work. i just changed my battery just now morning. but when my rpm goes ard 1.3 the electricals stop working again..anyone noes the reason? :/

speed is nothing, corner is everything....to me. (:

• Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bros i got a problem. my signal light wont work when i press the rear brake. only if i throttle than all the electricals work. i just changed my battery just now morning. but when my rpm goes ard 1.3 the electricals stop working again..anyone noes the reason? :/

Change ur rectifier first... If the problem still the same then it will be the magneto area problem.

Yamaha RXZ 135 2008- till present

Super Four Spec1 2011- till present

GSXR K8 600 2012- till present

Spark 135 2013- till present

:thumb:

is it expensive?anybody noe any trustworthy mech in west area?

Cant remember the price. The rectifier is arnd $30+. west area mech cannot make it.

Yamaha RXZ 135 2008- till present

Super Four Spec1 2011- till present

GSXR K8 600 2012- till present

Spark 135 2013- till present

:thumb:

What bro loudnessFZ say its right,Other rim size beside ori 18 inch your speedo and mileage would be different.17 inch normally for those who want bling bling style or like to play corner.As for me 18 still better although look ugly at the front.So far for YBR rims i'm using 80/90 for front and 90/90 for rear.Pick up a bit slow but quite comfortable on highways.Intend to try 80/80 front and 80/90 rear and will see how it goes.As for those who's new to RXZ,Better keep it in standard condition ie engine parts muse use ori ones.

Klass 2,3,4 i shiny Professional'noye litsenziya

1993:Class 2B-Yamaha RXK/RXZ/TZR125RR/SDR200/WR200-Aprilia RS125R-Kawasaki KRR150ZX(Former)

2000:Class 3-Honda Civic 1.6esi(Former)Proton Exora 1.6Turbo(Current)

2004:Bus Driver Vocational License

2009:Class 4

2011:Class 2A-Aprilia RS250-Honda CB400SF PB1-KTM250EXC(Former)Yamaha XJR400R(Current)

2013:Class 2-Suzuki B-King 1300(Former)

bro LoudnessFz so got no problem using 18r 17f rite? b`cos i using the same oso....

i find the differences in the speed and mileage is very..how should i say..disturbing?coz ill deceived myself thinking that im going very fast and overtaking the big bikes though im actually going slow..haha..but thats personal thoughts.

the real disturbances is the mileage..u might think that ur bike can go farther than usual with this setup..but actually its the same,for eg,my trip from wdlds to tampines takes about 25km on either 17/17 or 18/18,but when i use 17/18,its about 32-35km i cant remember..its kind of troublesome if u wanna estimate the distance per liter fuel and burn it till empty tank..wrong estimations might end up stranded at highway without fuel.

the last concern would be tyres,its hard enough to find the right combination,and u wont get a promotional price if u buy one size different each from shop..mostly they sell it in pairs at lower price than if u sum up the two price on its own.

plus..if ur rear tyre has a high profile..ur bike wont be stable,its even worse than cone bearing spoil or rear wheel bearing spoil...

all that ive spoke of is from my own experience..my front rim that time already dent so bo pian no money go buy 2nd hand front rim and i thought of making my rxz setup like RD125 which uses 16f 18r,didnt work though haha.

so if u think u can use that setup with the problems i faced above..then go ahead why not...even at malaysia ive seen some mat rempits do it..

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

thanks guys for the tips and info. anymore info about rxz and its mechanism ? cos i only know the basic part of it. anyone wanna share their knowledge with me ? hahaahaha.

slow slow row/cycle..pelan pelan kayoh...hahaha

no problem in bombarding new riders with knowledge..but u wont understand a thing at all later..

just hope ur bike dont give much problem..when problem comes then u learn from it..then slowly u know bits by bits...if theres any problem just ask here...i also last 3 years ago ask2 ppl here n slowly learn..n i only learn to which the problem came to my rxz or my fren's rxz..still havent experience some so donno about it..lol

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

i find the differences in the speed and mileage is very..how should i say..disturbing?coz ill deceived myself thinking that im going very fast and overtaking the big bikes though im actually going slow..haha..but thats personal thoughts.

the real disturbances is the mileage..u might think that ur bike can go farther than usual with this setup..but actually its the same,for eg,my trip from wdlds to tampines takes about 25km on either 17/17 or 18/18,but when i use 17/18,its about 32-35km i cant remember..its kind of troublesome if u wanna estimate the distance per liter fuel and burn it till empty tank..wrong estimations might end up stranded at highway without fuel.

the last concern would be tyres,its hard enough to find the right combination,and u wont get a promotional price if u buy one size different each from shop..mostly they sell it in pairs at lower price than if u sum up the two price on its own.

plus..if ur rear tyre has a high profile..ur bike wont be stable,its even worse than cone bearing spoil or rear wheel bearing spoil...

all that ive spoke of is from my own experience..my front rim that time already dent so bo pian no money go buy 2nd hand front rim and i thought of making my rxz setup like RD125 which uses 16f 18r,didnt work though haha.

so if u think u can use that setup with the problems i faced above..then go ahead why not...even at malaysia ive seen some mat rempits do it..

no wonder when i ride my bike shaky using 17f 18r.... b`cos last time was using 18r 18f was stable... b`cos nw planning to change to spoke rims 17r 17f as my dad taking my rim for his bike... any advise for spoky rims??

Bro i agree wth da inaccuracy in sped n mileage, its lesser when u use a smaller rims. Im using 17/17 and in my experience my speed is abt 10km/hr slower that shown on speedo and mileage is definitely lesser. I believe its because wif smaller rims in 1 rotation it cover seller distance hence da inaccuracy. Wanna change to 18/18 set up but many said hard to find tire and no 18" Battlax.

Bro i agree wth da inaccuracy in sped n mileage, its lesser when u use a smaller rims. Im using 17/17 and in my experience my speed is abt 10km/hr slower that shown on speedo and mileage is definitely lesser. I believe its because wif smaller rims in 1 rotation it cover seller distance hence da inaccuracy. Wanna change to 18/18 set up but many said hard to find tire and no 18" Battlax.

its very hard to find tire for 18''...

Helo broz, anybody selling their micro 2 box comes w baseplate but w cheap2 gd2 price? Pls pm me. I wanna buy. Hehes.. Thanks.

2003 - 2005 : 133 (Manis)

2005 - 2008 : 135 (Manja)

2008 - 2009 : 400 (Muk)

2009 - Present : 125 (Miut)

2011 - Present : 133 (Mickey)

no wonder when i ride my bike shaky using 17f 18r.... b`cos last time was using 18r 18f was stable... b`cos nw planning to change to spoke rims 17r 17f as my dad taking my rim for his bike... any advise for spoky rims??

yeah..either both 17 or both 18 wouldnt be shaky..im not the best person to say much about spoke rims as i nvr use it before for long term..spoke rims are the most cheapest and expensive rims ever depending on brand..the advantage is its lighter than sport rim and shinier...

disadvantage is u have to use tube for the tire..sometimes troublesome..and u must take good care of the spokes..check for cracks..if not maintain properly,if u speeding then suddenly the rim give way..thats it..though this rarely happens.

i know two person died bcoz of spoke rims..anything more about it can ask anybody who used spoke rims for long time..

idk abt the true speed for 17/17 has any error,but definitely the mileage is the same.woodlands to tampines is 25km be it 17/17 or 18/18 i used.and 18 have battlax..its BT45 90/90 or 100/90-18..or dunlop tt900gp 90/90-18..but these tyres are far king big..round shape and high profile..i used 100/90-18 at the back before..haha

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

What's the biggest size one can put on the rims then? 100/90 in the front, and the back? Anyone know anything about changing the rims for a wider one to accommodate wider tyres?

the front just put 90/90 or 90/80 can already..for wider tyres,use 17" rims and u get wide selection of tyres..so far..110/70-17 of michelin pilot sporty can fit at the rear..thats the biggest..the tyre edges almost touch the swingarm already..for battlax i think max 100/80..

if u want wider coz of safety,90/80 front back is enough..for looks..well..ur choice.

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

For RXZ with 18 inch,I'm using front 80/90 and rear 90/90 Michelin Pilot Sporty fit into YBR rims.Pick up aint that great compared to original spokes but more stable during 100-120kmh compared to my previous spokey.

1993:Class 2B-Yamaha RXK/RXZ/TZR125RR/SDR200/WR200-Aprilia RS125R-Kawasaki KRR150ZX(Former)

2011:Class 2A-Aprilia RS250-Honda CB400SF PB1-KTM250EXC(Former)Yamaha XJR400R(Current)

Salam broz, boleh recommend kdai baik untok servis motor daerah east esp @tamp or kaki bukit area?.. Kalo leh mech2 yang kaki2 gerek(leh ajak bebual) punya. Btw broz, what u all think bout servicing @Unique motorsports? Izzit recommended? Pls give advice. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by -eriiera-

Salam broz, boleh recommend kdai baik untok servis motor daerah east esp @tamp or kaki bukit area?.. Kalo leh mech2 yang kaki2 gerek(leh ajak bebual) punya. Btw broz, what u all think bout servicing @Unique motorsports? Izzit recommended? Pls give advice. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Bukan nak kondem atau apa tapi Unique moto kecik diorang cincai2 jer bikin macam pandang sebelah mata.Members ramai dah kena.Kalau 250cc ke atas diorang bikin serious ckit.Org pakai sport rims nak cari tubeless radial pun dia kata moto kecik buat pe nak pakai tayar sport?Bukan style mana pun kalau takat nak tukar Battlax

Bukan nak kondem atau apa tapi Unique moto kecik diorang cincai2 jer bikin macam pandang sebelah mata.Members ramai dah kena.Kalau 250cc ke atas diorang bikin serious ckit.Org pakai sport rims nak cari tubeless radial pun dia kata moto kecik buat pe nak pakai tayar sport?Bukan style mana pun kalau takat nak tukar Battlax

So mana kdai recommend bagos pat sg area east? Tenga pikiran ni nak servis moto pat mana lagi wa tak tau. Tanya members pon, drg lari2 g tempat2 lain untk servis. Aku tgl tamp pasal tu nak servis moto pat jb pon tk larat gak, hujung tanjung geng..