SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF PGO Gmax Cafe 2008

Gmax

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Jun 8 2005, 11:39 PM

Great info about the bike~especially by comet

i saw it today at my neighbourhood bike shop just now,looking for a Kah tar scooter..i saw this bike,thinking it was a 150cc joyride variant,after hearing what the salesman told me

-resembles runner,performance is slightly inferior to a runner

-Honda engine :confused:

-taiwan brand,cheap spareparts(honda engine?)

-kick start feature

i didnt really take note of what he said,as i wasn't much interested in this bike at 1st..

after i saw the ad on the forums,i remembered the head lamp design,and the kick start feature..then i recalled seeing the G-max 150 decal on the bike i saw in the bike shop.

Seems to be the kind of bike i'm looking for~i also like the high mount exhaust design..BUt,is the top speed 120km/hr?can you comfortably cruise at 100 without much engine stress?i travel on the highways pretty often..~

Thanks in advance.i hope to join the G-max gang soon!

Honda engine? hehe, chance that shop is not the "PGO HQ" :cheeky:

The pgo 150 engine is a own design. WEll maybe with some reference

from the italians (they use to made vespa under licence) But from the

schematics. They are definately own and original design. With some italian roots perhaps.

Well, 100km/h is not a problem. I'be being doing that for the past 5 days.

(darn! got to travel to outlets. I hate traffic congestions. Hope no more trips to outlets next week)

From CBD, go by ecp. a big route and then to sengkang. all at 80~100km/h

1 word. no problem.

Performance inferior to runner? well the 2 strokes yes.

Come one, comparing to runner 180sp. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

But the 4 stroke vxr. will lose to it for the first 100 meter (?)

:cheeky:

But top speed vxr will win. VXR top speed is 135km/h at peak condition.

Cos the pgo is design with a good low end respond. Pickup from 0~60 is like nobody business.

Weight distribution and geometry is better than vxr in my opinion. Well used to own 1 before. handling and agility is better than the vxr.

My only complain maybe not enough top speed. But this is s'pore. How fast u want to go? can go 120km/h in expressway is enough already. Well, maybe I'm old already. But seriously speaking, 120km/h is much more than enough for me.

cos most of the time when I reach 110, I always scared kanna catch by Teepee.

Did tried 120 last sat, I was at the scooter aniversary. Scared will get caught in the rain. so speed up abit with another g-max. Hoping to avoid possible rain in that area. It was pretty ok. At that speed not much cars really overtake us.

And we slow down at the speed camera area in AYE section. Somewhere near NUS.

After that we slow down cos alot of bends after that. And we might meet some teepee hiding in some corner.

The best part is you don't actually feel that you are fast until u look at speedo.

In other words, this guy is pretty low cg and stable.

U may think speedo may have error. but most of the time. Not much car overtake me at that speed. Unless u want to talk about tiong kias over taking me with their wrx, civics at aprox 130(?) actually, bmw and merc also like to do that.

Another thing about this bike is the engine is pretty tight. It will loosen in longer time when compare to other bikes. Eversince I start running the G-max, the engine seems to have slow but better improvement with mileage.

At 500km mileage, I thou the fuel consumption is 29km/l. Now at 3200km mileage. the fuel consumption is around 34km/l.

Seriously at this point of time, I have no complains.

If you interested to know more, You can always look for me or G-max.

We will definately be glad to help.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

welcome you to the family in advance haha :cheeky:

this sat some of us will be at the shop (PGO Gmax HQ) maybe you can come to have coffee wif us. Me not sure going or not until friday. :smile:

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Jun 9 2005, 01:02 AM

Honda engine? hehe, chance that shop is not the "PGO HQ" :cheeky:

The pgo 150 engine is a own design. WEll maybe with some reference

from the italians (they use to made vespa under licence) But from the

schematics. They are definately own and original design. With some italian roots perhaps.

Well, 100km/h is not a problem. I'be being doing that for the past 5 days.

(darn! got to travel to outlets. I hate traffic congestions. Hope no more trips to outlets next week)

From CBD, go by ecp. a big route and then to sengkang. all at 80~100km/h

1 word. no problem.

Performance inferior to runner? well the 2 strokes yes.

Come one, comparing to runner 180sp. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

But the 4 stroke vxr. will lose to it for the first 100 meter (?)

:cheeky:

But top speed vxr will win. VXR top speed is 135km/h at peak condition.

Cos the pgo is design with a good low end respond. Pickup from 0~60 is like nobody business.

Weight distribution and geometry is better than vxr in my opinion. Well used to own 1 before. handling and agility is better than the vxr.

My only complain maybe not enough top speed. But this is s'pore. How fast u want to go? can go 120km/h in expressway is enough already. Well, maybe I'm old already. But seriously speaking, 120km/h is much more than enough for me.

cos most of the time when I reach 110, I always scared kanna catch by Teepee.

Did tried 120 last sat, I was at the scooter aniversary. Scared will get caught in the rain. so speed up abit with another g-max. Hoping to avoid possible rain in that area. It was pretty ok. At that speed not much cars really overtake us.

And we slow down at the speed camera area in AYE section. Somewhere near NUS.

After that we slow down cos alot of bends after that. And we might meet some teepee hiding in some corner.

The best part is you don't actually feel that you are fast until u look at speedo.

In other words, this guy is pretty low cg and stable.

U may think speedo may have error. but most of the time. Not much car overtake me at that speed. Unless u want to talk about tiong kias over taking me with their wrx, civics at aprox 130(?) actually, bmw and merc also like to do that.

Another thing about this bike is the engine is pretty tight. It will loosen in longer time when compare to other bikes. Eversince I start running the G-max, the engine seems to have slow but better improvement with mileage.

At 500km mileage, I thou the fuel consumption is 29km/l. Now at 3200km mileage. the fuel consumption is around 34km/l.

Seriously at this point of time, I have no complains.

If you interested to know more, You can always look for me or G-max.

We will definately be glad to help.

Technical question u ask Black Comet lah. For modification you ask bass driver. Me jus hang around and listen hahaha.

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

haha ..thanks for your essay on the G-max

i enjoyed reading your reviews,very detailed and informative

maybe i can syncronise your speedo for u ^^then we can know the realistic top speed of the G-max,and yes the bike shop isn't the pgo hq

a good suggestion maybe..

do u tink an AUX fuel tank to boost the capacity by afew more litres is possible?any heaty problems tru prolonged riding??my current bike cant stand idling at a 2min junction without its cooling fans turning on radiating my shins with 80'c air.. :giddy:

Last question..is it applicable for touring?like to kulai n such..

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Jun 9 2005, 01:19 AM

maybe i can syncronise your speedo for u ^^then we can know the realistic top speed of the G-max,and yes the bike shop isn't the pgo hq

do u tink an AUX fuel tank to boost the capacity by afew more litres is possible?any heaty problems tru prolonged riding??my current bike cant stand idling at a 2min junction without its cooling fans turning on radiating my shins with 80'c air.. :giddy:

None of us tried travelling long distance. I may be going on a msia trip with the other bikes in jul maybe so we be able to know by then. travelling from east to west I tried but so far no prob. good thing gmax is both air and oil cooled.

traffic jam i met before but so far so good.

as for aux tank, personal view i feel no need as the 7.5 litre tank although small can travel 200km liao. other bike got bigger tank but fuel consumption 20plus km /l therefore if we travel same dist we will eventually pump at the same time compare to other bikes.

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Jun 9 2005, 01:19 AM

Aux tank?

I doono about you but I don't think it's realy necessary for me at the moment.

The last round, I cover aprox 230km. Fuel gauge show E.

I top up, can only squeeze in 6 liters of petrol. Still got 1.5 liter reserve.

I don't thinkl this guy got heat problem.

It air-cooled and oil-cooled.

no coolant, water pumps, seals, hose and fan to worry about.

So far I don't face any problem yet.

The only time when I kanna a 15 mins jam moving inch by inch.

The most is feel engine slightly rougher. After start moving, roughness gone.

Well, I went to kulai on my VXR before.

No problem for Gmax if VXR can do that.

The only problem is Gmax top speed is 120.

I did kulai on vxr at 135km/h two years back.

I feel 120 and 135 is not much diff cos both also have to give way to overtaking vehicles that is doing 160. Unless bigger cc bike. My friend did 180 to malacca on his super 4 before. and cars sometimes have to give way to them :cheeky:

yup yup judging by the comments that BC has given i think even if you want to go yong peng with pauche on nthe 19th june also can, the only thing is that you will hae to note that your top speed will be 120kn/h lor where if you go with the bigger cc bike you will be left behind one as your speed is too slow for them liao. but if you go in with scooter 100-110 for cruising is the most comfortable speed...

no active trips since 2006

Originally posted by sigg4@Jun 9 2005, 10:17 AM

yup yup judging by the comments that BC has given i think even if you want to go yong peng with pauche on nthe 19th june also can, the only thing is that you will hae to note that your top speed will be 120kn/h lor where if you go with the bigger cc bike you will be left behind one as your speed is too slow for them liao. but if you go in with scooter 100-110 for cruising is the most comfortable speed...

dont worry, paul will wait for the slower bikes. :thumb:

ah leong always say ... dunno? dont do!

http://www.ibike.com.hk/08_fun/hksm/learn_a_m/ada/s_03.jpg

lol..maybe i'm used to goin into jb to pump petrol.Its 50% cheaper,and

having an AuX fuel tank will provide me with enough petrol to last me for weeks?my friend riding VXR told me that scooters have plastic tanks

well..i've seen slower bikes traveling on the road shoulders in NSHW..but i'm worried crusing at peak revs on smaller cc bikes for long durations

Quote from Gmax

-as for aux tank, personal view i feel no need as the 7.5 litre tank although small can travel 200km liao. other bike got bigger tank but fuel consumption 20plus km /l therefore if we travel same dist we will eventually pump at the same time compare to other bikes.

My current bike has a 18litre tank,i hit reserve after 200km(3.5lit)..had to top up in JB everyweek or less,if i were to top it up in SG.Its about $25+ per top up..thats like $1.6 for 16km..petrol alone is more xiong than taking a bus!tats why i wana get a G-max!

:giddy:

If i ride a G-max,and install a maybe 7 litre AUX tank,i could pump like 14 litres JB petrol will last me for 2 weeks n i dont have to worry about the tank rusting due to internal condensation^^ :cheer:

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Jun 9 2005, 11:14 AM

having an AuX fuel tank will provide me with enough petrol to last me for weeks?my friend riding VXR told me that scooters have plastic tanks

well..i've seen slower bikes traveling on the road shoulders in NSHW..but i'm worried crusing at peak revs on smaller cc bikes for long durations

Quote from Gmax

-as for aux tank, personal view i feel no need as the 7.5 litre tank although small can travel 200km liao. other bike got bigger tank but fuel consumption 20plus km /l therefore if we travel same dist we will eventually pump at the same time compare to other bikes.

My current bike has a 18litre tank,i hit reserve after 200km(3.5lit)..had to top up in JB everyweek or less,if i were to top it up in SG.Its about $25+ per top up..thats like $1.6 for 16km..petrol alone is more xiong than taking a bus!tats why i wana get a G-max!

If i ride a G-max,and install a maybe 7 litre AUX tank,i could pump like 14 litres JB petrol will last me for 2 weeks n i dont have to worry about the tank rusting due to internal condensation^^ :cheer:

welcome..to GMAX HQ

i have enjoyed my little max and one thing i can say is the fc is really easy on my pockets. can save the money for mods and accessories...'

if u are using 18litre to hit 200km on ur bike, u may want to consider a bike using

about 6 litres to do the job..and still a fun bike to ride with many mods available.

thinking to change my E35 givi flow box with back rest costing $110

to E46 givi box costing around $300 without backrest.

anyone wants to fix this E35 givi do let me know.

this max has a very centralised weight distribution,..

would not feel that the weight is behind like most scooters .

feel much safer with this low cg when riding and also the rims is both 13inch adding to the stability,...and true enough when travelling at 100kph it feels like only 70-80kph..

many parts coming in and it will keep me busy for awhile......

very easy for ladies to handle this bike too...

hope u get ur bike soonnnnnnnnnnn,,,,,,,,,,, c u

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Jun 9 2005, 11:14 AM

Quote from Gmax

errrr........

Just curious, where will you be putting the aux tank? :confused:

hi bros tks for the game yday. it was fun. play with the 3 kids lose til jialat jialat haha. when wanna play again.

Originally posted by Gmax@Jun 12 2005, 05:02 PM

hi bros tks for the game yday. it was fun. play with the 3 kids lose til jialat jialat haha. when wanna play again.

sure we will be better if play more often.....

hope alvin can join us next week...

anyway did u c the maxam 250cc yamaha?

quite futuristic...too bad only 250cc

still looking around for a class 2 bike...

maybe st11 ......dun mind a cheap and good used tourer...

u ask them wana go again sat...cause she got hook liao..

yo gmax! i went to my friend's shop at jb, thought of buying the stickers for you but then totally sold out already. :sweat:

hopefully next time when i get in, they have new stocks.

If u're patience in one moment of anger, u will avoid 100 days of sorrow.

Originally posted by bassdriver@Jun 12 2005, 10:38 PM

sure we will be better if play more often.....

hope alvin can join us next week...

anyway did u c the maxam 250cc yamaha?

quite futuristic...too bad only 250cc

still looking around for a class 2 bike...

maybe st11 ......dun mind a cheap and good used tourer...

u ask them wana go again sat...cause she got hook liao..

haha got hooked? wah really or not. but its really fun.

okie see sat they wanna go or not. this week the only week left for me coz next week and the week following going bk for my incamp.

BC you interested again? one more sat.

Gmax scoot?

Originally posted by shinkai@Jun 13 2005, 12:02 AM

yo gmax! i went to my friend's shop at jb, thought of buying the stickers for you but then totally sold out already. :sweat:

hopefully next time when i get in, they have new stocks.

tks man for remembering but its ok. next time maybe when we can go in together. guess there are a lot of stickers design and u also confused which one i want hehe. free come out for coffee. lan game u interested?

LAN gaming round 2.

Date: 18 June 2005 (sat)

Time: Night abt 9plus 10pm

interested?

Originally posted by Gmax@Jun 13 2005, 09:28 AM

tks man for remembering but its ok. next time maybe when we can go in together. guess there are a lot of stickers design and u also confused which one i want hehe. free come out for coffee. lan game u interested?

sure hehee.. i love lan games!! used to work in lan shop, everyday pak game until :giddy: hahaha.. but not free on the 18th, going genting for holiday yet again.. maybe next time then i can let u all frag hahaha..

If u're patience in one moment of anger, u will avoid 100 days of sorrow.

Originally posted by shinkai@Jun 13 2005, 11:33 AM

sure hehee.. i love lan games!! used to work in lan shop, everyday pak game until :giddy: hahaha.. but not free on the 18th, going genting for holiday yet again.. maybe next time then i can let u all frag hahaha..

cool... wait for u come bk and for me to complete my incamp

Hmm....very interested in the G-Max....interesting it is. May I know which moto-tiam I should go to if I am interested to buy it? Whats the machine price at the moment?

125km/hr to 0km/hr in 1 sec will make mince meat. Ride slowly to show off your bike, Ride slowly to save your life.

Ex-Girlfriend:

Phantom TA200 (Blue) FV7889U

Piaggio Hexagon (Ducati Yellow) FM4183T

Piaggio X9-250cc (Blackies) FT4920S

Honda Wave-R (Bright Bright Yellow) FZ4494Z

Current GF (IN USA),

Ford Taurus 3.0L (Blue)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8164/562/1600/RX-78-wallpaper.jpg

Originally posted by Cybourg@Jun 13 2005, 07:46 PM

Hmm....very interested in the G-Max....interesting it is. May I know which moto-tiam I should go to if I am interested to buy it? Whats the machine price at the moment?

hi this sat i gg to do servicing wanna go see see look look? at along macpherson road opp shell station.

Sadly I am involve in some National Day Wayang parade rehearsal thus will not be able to make it. The shop selling G-Max is along macpherson road, opposite shell station? Whats the exact address and shop name?

125km/hr to 0km/hr in 1 sec will make mince meat. Ride slowly to show off your bike, Ride slowly to save your life.

Ex-Girlfriend:

Phantom TA200 (Blue) FV7889U

Piaggio Hexagon (Ducati Yellow) FM4183T

Piaggio X9-250cc (Blackies) FT4920S

Honda Wave-R (Bright Bright Yellow) FZ4494Z

Current GF (IN USA),

Ford Taurus 3.0L (Blue)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8164/562/1600/RX-78-wallpaper.jpg

Originally posted by Cybourg@Jun 13 2005, 11:13 PM

Sadly I am involve in some National Day Wayang parade rehearsal thus will not be able to make it. The shop selling G-Max is along macpherson road, opposite shell station? Whats the exact address and shop name?

Hiap Aik Trading. The unit no I forgot need to chk my bike sticker. Its diagonally opp Windsor hotel. opp shell station & beside Cencon building. :smile: