SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF PGO Gmax Cafe 2008

Gmax

Originally posted by astride@Aug 14 2005, 01:43 AM

Hi everyone!

i'm riding my frd's runner currently while he's overseas for work. after riding around i must say i have been converted. love riding the auto scoot around. I have just sold my super4 and i'm thinking of getting a gmax, when my frd comes back, due to its otr price, petrol consumption & air cooled engine. No more going into jb on sundays to waste time queueing up for petrol liao....

Just like to ask if there's any gmax owner who's rode runner before can let me know performance difference?

I'm impressed by runner's performance; can just cruise along at 100-110km/h smoothly with min vibration even with pillion, pickup is superb, comfortable, easy start up...etc but sadly, i just love a hassle free aircooled engine

i'm hoping gmax might be somewhat similar thou it is 150cc, another option would be the LX150 as its air cooled too...

thanks

Black Comet rode a runner before. think the prev posts here, he did mention on the comparison between runner and gmax. Nonetheless, guess he will be more than happy to describe again hehe. :cheeky:

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by G-max_scoot@Aug 4 2005, 12:09 PM

CELEBRATE WITH THE NATION!!!!

G-MAX 150 IS NOW HAVING A SPECIAL PROMOTION!!!!

NEVER BEFORE SPECIAL DEALS!!!!!

FREE COE FOR ONLY 5 UNITS!!!!

SELLING FOR ONLY $5 500 WITH FREE COE

LOAN AVALIABLE.... 5% P.A. FLAT RATE

TRADE-IN WELCOME!!!!!

VISIT US AT:

286 MACPHERSON ROAD

TEL: 67489940..

promotion of a thing yet without any advertising fee involve huh? hee hee hee.......

Originally posted by Gmax@Aug 14 2005, 01:58 AM

Black Comet rode a runner before. think the prev posts here, he did mention on the comparison between runner and gmax. Nonetheless, guess he will be more than happy to describe again hehe. :cheeky:

oh yeah i just reread thru every single posting on the gmax thread.....and i must say black coment has given alot of great comments & comparison....thanks BC!next i will be going down to Hiap Aik to take a look and physically sit on the bike. was so relieved to hear they changed their interest rates to 5%.....

Originally posted by astride@Aug 14 2005, 04:08 PM

oh yeah i just reread thru every single posting on the gmax thread.....and i must say black coment has given alot of great comments & comparison....thanks BC!next i will be going down to Hiap Aik to take a look and physically sit on the bike. was so relieved to hear they changed their interest rates to 5%.....

speedway at BB onli 4% interest and they doing promotion on GTS 200 at 6000....check it out....

Originally posted by RVF32@Aug 15 2005, 09:41 PM

speedway at BB onli 4% interest and they doing promotion on GTS 200 at 6000....check it out....

k thanks for the tip....will go and take a look.

More aftermarket parts for the G-Max 150.

I have since changed the clutch lining, variator, rollers and U clips

for my G-Max 150.

Pick-up is much faster than stock parts.

The magneto coil set have also been changed to have better higher voltage.

:smile:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Originally posted by G-max_scoot@Aug 22 2005, 05:41 PM

More aftermarket parts for the G-Max 150.

I have since changed the clutch lining, variator, rollers and U clips

for my G-Max 150.

Pick-up is much faster than stock parts.

The magneto coil set have also been changed to have better higher voltage.

:lovestruck:

I tested my G-Max 150 with some of the upgraded parts.

Cruising ard 110 to 125km/h is a breeze.

Pick-up is faster and more reponsive than stock parts.

I will b upgrading to the flower disc soon...

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

:cheer: HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! RYAN:cheer:

Gmax, isn't time fly fast?? :smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sigg4@Sep 6 2005, 01:09 PM

wah last month posting now than you reply... whhahahaha...

haha was busy and din really chk the forum also.

recently beginning to miss u guys then chk :cheeky:

Your attitude is either your best friend or worst enemy, your greatest asset or your greatest liability.

I happen to understand from a friend living in Malaysia that Modenas is manufacturing G-Max 150 in Malaysia. It is called the Modenas Elit Sports.

From what I knw is the Elit Sports uses 12-inch wheels (G-Max 13-inch front & rear) and twin piston front brake caliper (G-Max four piston caliper) and rear drum brakes (G-Max single piston disc brake).

There is a special device in the G-Max 150 which the Elit Sports does not have.

This special device manages the electrical, electronics and fuel system better in the whole bike.

It comes standard in all G-Max 150 in SG.

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Greetings 2 every G-Max EVO riders here!!!

i'm a recruit of this G-Max scooter fan club?? :smile:

well, just got my scooter a wk, still running in, still miss my S4 cos i'm terribly pissed when bullied by lorries n vans trying 2 tailgate me n overtake me. :cry:

as the bike is still in the running in stage, i can't provide much of "my" personal updates of the performance of this bike. :cheeky:

but 2 b frank, this is not a performance scooter n it's capacity is only 150cc so have 2 live with it. but i'll slowly improvise some nice things into the scooter, trying 2 make it better in terms of performance n fuel consumption. :cheer:

so far so good, handling is good, turning n cornering is so free n easy compared 2 my old S4. braking power oso good. pickup is slightly better when u clock more mileage. so have 2 run in more then can update again. :smile:

fuel consumption getting better. from 36km/l to near 38/l. pumping mobil syn2000. will upagrade 2 caltex silver after running in. :confused: :confused:

anyway, hope 2 c the other G-Max evo riders soon!!

take care n ride safely!!

:cheers:

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

heh heh heh.....

http://i1.autoworld.com.my/userimages/emzine/1936/1936F3781810.jpg

http://i1.autoworld.com.my/userimages/emzine/1936/1936F3868840.jpg

Modenas gets Aggressive with Elit Sports

Saturday, September 03, 2005 By YS Khong

Modenas gets Aggressive with Elit Sports

Subang Jaya, Saturday August 27th 2005 - Modenas today launched its 10th model, the Elit Sports, which revs up the motorcycle and engine manufacturer’s stable by building on the strength of its Elit 125 and 150 scooters.

The new Elit Sports is powered by a 150 cc, four-stroke engine that has been tuned to deliver more power and torque, resulting in better acceleration. It also features a larger fuel tank for a longer range.

The dynamic and stylish design is complemented with sporty 12-inch alloy rims, wide tyres and a steel frame for comfortable and stable riding. Front brakes are discs, a large headlamp provides better visibility at night. The taillight is also larger for better visibility, while the wheelbase is long for better handling.

“The Sports edition is the tangible result of our customers’ requests for a sportier version of Modenas’ already popular Elit scooter, and we have no doubt that it will be a very popular option,” said Modenas Chief Executive Officer Datuk Rashid Din.

The ability of Modenas to develop (huh?????!!!!!) and produce motorcycles in response to the requirements of our market which appeal to them attests to the capabilities that lie within the company,” he added.

Modenas was established in 1995 in tandem with Malaysia’s efforts to industrialise, with the task of spearheading the transfer of technology and development of motorcycle manufacturing, and eventually enable the country to proudly produce indigenous motorcycles.

As of August 2005, Modenas has produced 870,000 motorcycles and scooters, making it one of the largest manufacturers in this category and the Elit Sports is the latest model to roll out of its factory in Gurun, Kedah. The Elit Sports is part of an aggressive strategy by Modenas to capture a greater share of the domestic scooter market while increasing exports.

“We expect to achieve a total of one million units by 2006 and the Elit Sports is expected to contribute to this level of production with projected sales of 3,000 units by end of 2005 and another 6,000 units in 2006,” said Rashid.

“Despite increasing competition, Modenas will not compromise on the quality of our products. What we will focus on is increasing production efficiency by raising local component content continuously improving on the designs and offering our customers very competitive pricing,” he added.

The Modenas Elit Sports retails for RM5, 888.00, and is available from all dealers with immediate effect.

Originally posted by skateboy@Sep 10 2005, 09:43 PM

Greetings 2 every G-Max EVO riders here!!!

i'm a recruit of this G-Max scooter fan club?? :smile:

well, just got my scooter a wk, still running in, still miss my S4 cos i'm terribly pissed when bullied by lorries n vans trying 2 tailgate me n overtake me. :cry:

as the bike is still in the running in stage, i can't provide much of "my" personal updates of the performance of this bike. :cheeky:

but 2 b frank, this is not a performance scooter n it's capacity is only 150cc so have 2 live with it. but i'll slowly improvise some nice things into the scooter, trying 2 make it better in terms of performance n fuel consumption. :cheer:

so far so good, handling is good, turning n cornering is so free n easy compared 2 my old S4. braking power oso good. pickup is slightly better when u clock more mileage. so have 2 run in more then can update again. :smile:

fuel consumption getting better. from 36km/l to near 38/l. pumping mobil syn2000. will upagrade 2 caltex silver after running in. :confused: :confused:

anyway, hope 2 c the other G-Max evo riders soon!!

take care n ride safely!!

:cheers:

Welcome to the family

Bro BC,

MIA for a while....busy lately?:smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

Originally posted by edwinT@Sep 13 2005, 10:31 AM

BC bro,

Any comments on the Gmax till now? Am sourcing around for a more economical ride. hehehe..

Cheers,

Hehe

It's kinda boring in a sense. Cos it don't break down. :cheeky:

I've being riding a runner(1st batch) and typhoon in the past.

Kenna things like coil dead, petrol pump leak, coolant leak, battery dead.

Now? Non of such. Sounds like blowing trumpet. But that's how I feel lor.

The only thing I can do is add stuff to it. Just add a volt meter.

I was hoping the maintenance free batt would die after 6 months.

But now, the volt meter tells me that The electrical system and batt

Is still pretty healthy.

I was hoping it will die soon. So that I can Hands on fill the acid, wait for an hour

before sealing up the unit. so that the liquid can be absorbed.

Then using low level charging to prime the batt into optimium condition.

Well, Guess will have to wait quite a long while before I can change to new batt.

Being the 4th G-max on the road. I thou I would be the one having the highest mileage. Cos I do travel alot at times.

But an uncle just won me. :cry:

He stay in jurong and work in macpherson area. Dispatch I think.

Now already 10K of him. The first one to change belt ad roller somemore.

To be frank, I don't see too much wear and tear. But I agree that they should be replace at the recommend intervals just to play safe.

I am happy with the durability of PGO bikes so far.

The other part will be fuel consumption.

When riding runner, I used to pump 10 liters, 11+ dollars 3 years ago.

And it last me 4~5 days. I think in todays' price, It will be at least a $18.

Now? 5.8 liters at $10. and it really last me 5 days to 1 week.

Not too bad.

My typhoon? It's a 2 stroke. Guess no need to say much.

Still pretty happy with the handling. Maybe it's due o the 13" wheels.

Heard that the modenas version is only a 12".

Finally, I'm thinking of having a box. But I find even the E16 will spoil the look.

This is personal. I'm having a crazy idea for the box.

I think i'll study first before posting the ideas for a unique box.

Originally posted by Mark C.@Sep 13 2005, 01:51 PM

Bro BC,

MIA for a while....busy lately?:smile:

Yah,

Kinda cos just finish attending Grandfather-in-law's funeral.

Not to mention my brunei working trip.

Well..................

Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Sep 13 2005, 02:00 PM

Yah,

Kinda cos just finish attending Grandfather-in-law's funeral.

Not to mention my brunei working trip.

Well..................

Soory to hear about it.:sweat:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。