SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

By the way, I hope you didn't pay too much for that crash bar cos it sounds like its poorly made with the wrong measurements. I'd advise you to get another one. A crash bar is supposed to protect yourself and your bike in an event of a fall. What's the point of a crash bar leaning/resting against your header? And then on impact, dent, or worse, knock your whole header to one side? Sounds like more harm than good.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Noobie Question:

From yesterday night ride to this morning ride, i feel that the sound of my bike in motion is louder than before, like the engine is making loud sound louder than usual, is it because of a hard start up? Or is my engine got problem? Or is it my engine oil dry up (checked its okay)?Pls advice....:cry:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Apr 22 2005, 10:28 AM

Noobie Question:

From yesterday night ride to this morning ride, i feel that the sound of my bike in motion is louder than before, like the engine is making loud sound louder than usual, is it because of a hard start up? Or is my engine got problem? Or is it my engine oil dry up (checked its okay)?Pls advice....:cry:

Can you be more specific?

Louder during which gear intervals?

Or through all gears?

Do you feel any drag on the engine?

Any loss in performance?

Try to provide a little more details.

Oh got one more symptom is, last night when i ride home, there is a time when i kick down all the way to gear 1, the gear lever like soft soft one, doesn't work like that. Normally at gear 1 u try to kick down somemore, got this cannot go down anymore feeling there, like hit a dead end, but last night i kick to 1, then kick again it can still go down, but didn't engage any gear, it doesn't hit the dead end. but yet i'm definitely at gear 1. After that its back to normal again, does it got to do with the gear lever? Pls advice.

PK & Friends

As for your gear problem, only experience last night or now still have? If so, think better bring to mech. Really sounds like your cam chain might have problem.

If it was just a one off last night then nevermind, probably just slip gear. Happens once in awhile.

I think for gear slipping, the symptoms are different, in that the bike still moves forward even when the clutch is in.

It might be a case of incorrect gear shifting, in that you did not fully depress the clutch lever before changing gear. I had that problem on my phantom too and thought it was clutch slipping, until the bike mech told me to depress fully before changing gears.

If it happens, release the clutch slightly to the biting point. You should hear a click sound (the sound when you engage the gears up or down) and can then shift the gears down normally.

Just my 2 cents worth! :smile:

Went to motortiam today to check up on my baby and the mech told me its because my chain too tight, no slack at all, he was very surprise why its so tight and ask me who adjust it for me. I told him its all original factory setting, never send it for adjustment. At the same time adjust my suspension and also change engine oil, now my bike working perfectly fine liao. wooohooo a load of my mind.... :sian: :sweat:

PK & Friends

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

As some of you may know that my tank got vandalized and there are some dents on it, does anyone of you know roughly how much it cost to do a paint / surface touch up to cover those dents and where would provide this service etc? Thanks for all assistance.

PK & Friends

Originally posted by zero_degrees@May 2 2005, 11:46 PM

Question:

As some of you may know that my tank got vandalized and there are some dents on it, does anyone of you know roughly how much it cost to do a paint / surface touch up to cover those dents and where would provide this service etc? Thanks for all assistance.

u can check out the respray link.. there r quite a few bikeshops doing it.. urs i think jus need to put putty to cover out and respray.. no need to knock it back...cost should be ard $100-$130.....but bear in mind that u might have to take bus to work for that few days...:sian:

Originally posted by fusionzone@May 3 2005, 12:37 AM

Just to check how can i remove those oil stain on my back tire cos after using chain lub always got those stain there so hard to remove some more it is damn oily

u can go to any diy shop or paint shop to buy a bottle of kerosene...$2 each..wet a piece of cloth with it and wipe it off...then next time get a non fling chain lube...u can try PJ1.. selling at lab $7...spray it onto ur chain the wipe it off with an old rag.... then throw it away... then u will no longer have this problem... or u can use chain wax....chain wax too much will oso fling...

Originally posted by fusionzone@May 3 2005, 02:21 PM

What is Phantom Knight friendster account ah ???

search my frienster list

[email protected]

:lol:

April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i

June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.

1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150

June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04

Good ol' days with my Phantom~

:cheeky: "Baby"