SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

To all custom 4 bikers:

You know the ignition key hole has this locking mechanism that covers the keyhole, my seems to have problem opening the damn cover, have to twist and turn and try and try, to open the damn keyhole, i guess leaving my bike under the rain doesn't help its smoothness and i have also tried to spray some wd40 on it, but still seems very hard to open the cover when closed. Any suggestions to solving this problem? Pls assist. Thanks! :sweat: :giddy:

PK & Friends

STOC: 7063

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure whether can post in this thread cos i got question here...

what is carbeutors? can anyone explains to mi? i been reading alot of posts and have seen it mention alot of times.. where is it located at? :confused: :confused:

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/mitsuoka/le-seyde%20a%20type%202.0.jpg

Sometimes

We just don't appreciate those people who really care for us

Until they leave us

Until we lose them

Then we regret

Outer beauty doesn't matter; it's the inner one that counts

It's better to tell someone how much you love them

carb ar ? i not sure for TA200 or custom 4

i know TA150 de is between the place where u put ur leg, below the fuel tank

April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i

June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.

1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150

June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04

Good ol' days with my Phantom~

:cheeky: "Baby"

erm.. i seems to get it liao.. but what is it used for?

Sometimes

Until they leave us

Until we lose them

Then we regret

the silver coloured round round things right? :smile:

Sometimes

Until they leave us

Until we lose them

Then we regret

round thing??? doesn't look round to me. The red circle shows the carb for a TA200

(sorry for the poor quality pic :sweat:)

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11005/carb.JPG

To cut a long story short, the carburetor mixes fuel and air before it enters the engine combustion chamber.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by kiamh@May 13 2005, 11:13 PM

round thing??? doesn't look round to me. The red circle shows the carb for a TA200

(sorry for the poor quality pic :sweat:)

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11005/carb.JPG

To cut a long story short, the carburetor mixes fuel and air before it enters the engine combustion chamber.

what is tat use for? the purpose of it? :confused: :confused:

Sometimes

Until they leave us

Until we lose them

Then we regret

Originally posted by zero_degrees@May 13 2005, 09:31 AM

To all custom 4 bikers:

You know the ignition key hole has this locking mechanism that covers the keyhole, my seems to have problem opening the damn cover, have to twist and turn and try and try, to open the damn keyhole, i guess leaving my bike under the rain doesn't help its smoothness and i have also tried to spray some wd40 on it, but still seems very hard to open the cover when closed. Any suggestions to solving this problem? Pls assist. Thanks! :sweat: :giddy:

If any of you have this problem, i managed to fix it with a mixture of singer oil and wd40, and of course, stand there 10 - 15mins on and off the cap lock until it becomes very smooth.....:cheeky:

PK & Friends

Originally posted by zero_degrees@May 15 2005, 12:18 AM

If any of you have this problem, i managed to fix it with a mixture of singer oil and wd40, and of course, stand there 10 - 15mins on and off the cap lock until it becomes very smooth.....:cheeky:

maybe can try K.Y :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding :p singer oil will do a good jod for you :D

STOC#6175

29-03-2010 nouvo lc ......

29-10-2010 CBX 250 ......... 10-03-2012

10-03-2012 Tmax ...

01-04-2014 stx1300

Originally posted by Anthen@May 14 2005, 10:43 PM

what is tat use for? the purpose of it? :confused:

hmmm?? u didn't read my post completely??

To cut a long story short, the carburetor mixes fuel and air before it enters the engine combustion chamber

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can i check with u all how do u noe its time to change ur batt i.e. when do u noe ur batt has become weak?? I realise that mi phamtom TA200's headlight is not as bright as other phamtoms on the road and when i start the engine from cold and on the headlight, when i blow the throttle, the light will be brighter and when i stop, it become dimmer. Is this a sign of batt weak?? (other than this prob, no problem in electric starting, signal light and etc)

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

One way is to gauge by the age of the battery. Usually 1~2 years is the maximum lifespan.

Another is when you crank the bike, does the starter sounds weak or gets weaker?

The headlight will definitely get brighter as you rev your bike, this is quite normal even with a new battery..

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by zero_degrees@May 13 2005, 09:31 AM

To all custom 4 bikers:

:giddy: same as you before then only after sometime i realize that it is quite difficult to aim your key (shape) to that hole, must very jun then can be smooth cannot have a single gap during contact between cover and key (shape), what is that 'shape' called?

• 2 weeks later...

Scenario:

Earlier this morning while riding to work along nicoll highway in the light drizzling rain, my bike died. No power, but signal lights still on, i have to push it to one side of the road, and try to push the electric start button to ignite the engine again, but failed...no sound (the engine starting sound). My first thought was fuse blown, but signal lights all working....i turn off the bike using the key and then turn on again....press the start engine button....nothing.....then suddenly after 10 secs (still pressing the button) the engine roar to life. I give a sigh of relief and quickly ride off to my workplace.

Question:

Is the above problem cause by my spark plug that want to die already?

Or is it because the weather is cold and its raining?

I only travelled about 4500km++ time to change plugs?

Pls assist....:sweat: :smile:

BTW this is the first time that it happen so caught me offguard.

PK & Friends

Originally posted by zero_degrees@Jun 15 2005, 11:27 AM

Scenario:

Earlier this morning while riding to work along nicoll highway in the light drizzling rain, my bike died. No power, but signal lights still on, i have to push it to one side of the road, and try to push the electric start button to ignite the engine again, but failed...no sound (the engine starting sound). My first thought was fuse blown, but signal lights all working....i turn off the bike using the key and then turn on again....press the start engine button....nothing.....then suddenly after 10 secs (still pressing the button) the engine roar to life. I give a sigh of relief and quickly ride off to my workplace.

Question:

Is the above problem cause by my spark plug that want to die already?

Or is it because the weather is cold and its raining?

I only travelled about 4500km++ time to change plugs?

Pls assist....:sweat: :smile:

BTW this is the first time that it happen so caught me offguard.

just curious hor~...

ur engine is roaring with a lot of life when it just suddenly died or ur engine struggling to keep alive when it died???

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..

Originally posted by hart@Jun 15 2005, 11:56 AM

just curious hor~...

ur engine is roaring with a lot of life when it just suddenly died or ur engine struggling to keep alive when it died???

The engine was moving quite normally, i was just dropping gear down to stop, cause the traffic, and moving and stopping at about gear 1 & 2...

PK & Friends

Maybe your plug got a little wet when a little rain seeped in. Remove your plug and check. If it looks ok, then just screw it back in and make sure its tight.

If the problem happens again, then I'm not too sure what else could be wrong. :sweat:

• 4 weeks later...